• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Napos

Smash Ace
Sometime next year? Metaknight ban? We all need to give it a radical name and make it a national

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Hey all, there's a super slim chance I might move to Los Alamos soon...would probably spend weekends in Albuquerque. What's the smash scene like there? Active? Tournaments? Who're the best players?

Iria

Smash Rookie
Hey all, there's a super slim chance I might move to Los Alamos soon...would probably spend weekends in Albuquerque. What's the smash scene like there? Active? Tournaments? Who're the best players?
Nice, I have a friend in Los Alamos who is pretty decent at brawl. His name is Anthony , but he has been also referred to as Dark Throne in some tournaments. He will be overjoyed that there might be someone coming to Los Alamos to play. I also visit the lab there a few times a year (depending on various circumstances) so I can visit you there too. Else, you can come to Albuquerque; I now live in the new Lobo Village appartments for UNM. I might be able to host a tourney or some fests here; I just need to check with the facilities staff.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Haha, I definitely set my water down on it. Actually the reason why is because my dad could possibly hook me up with a job at the lab. Probably won't get it, but on the off chance I do I'd like to know what the scene's like lol.

Walker, I understand how you must feel. I had a severe pneumonia for 4 months a couple years ago. It was awful. When you get better, I'll treat you to some food.

Napos

Smash Ace
Hope you get better Walkman.

Also, I give up on texture hacks and all that BS...too much of a hassle...:glare:

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Walker, I understand how you must feel. I had a severe pneumonia for 4 months a couple years ago. It was awful. When you get better, I'll treat you to some food.
I pray mine doesn't last 4 months. I can't afford to miss that much work lol.

Food sounds a lot better when you can keep it down too.

@Iria: reading is pro.

@Mastershake: Our Melee scene is kinda dead. It's mostly been converted to traditional fighters

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Beer+video games+cube+board games+beer+good times at my house on saturday night. text me if you wanna come, you're all invited
someone should bring a stick cause i only have my own :(

Napos

Smash Ace
Where is your flask at Tekkie? No one should be denied their drinking rights!:oneeye:

Glide

Smash Ace
AZ presence that actually plays smash would be great. As much as I hate to say it, I haven't played smash seriously in... at least 4 years.

Also, why is there a Pit icon by my name?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Also, why is there a Pit icon by my name?
You probably posted in the pit boards a couple of times. SWF assumes you play a character if you post in that board almost exclusively. So if you had one convo in there, and never visited the brawl character boards again, it gives you pit lol

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Melee, haha. Brawl makes a nice drink coaster though. How often do you guys get together for smash?
The only people who actually play Melee consistently are myself and the twins (Tw1n and Twin_A). There are some other people who play Melee but they are not as active.

Dekar173

Justice Man
So ya, tourney at my place this coming Friday to welcome back Xion! who is going to be here until the end of the month, and then will be shipping off for service in December.

Venue fee- $5
tourney fee- $2

Probably round robin but if the turnout is 9+ it'll be double elim with mini pools

Iria

Smash Rookie
Friday night is video game night at Lobo Village. I'll ask the staff if there will be SSBB there. I kind of want to meet any smashers here in Lobo Village, but if there are none, I will attend the Friday tourney.

On a side note, one of my roommates knows you Casey. His name is Tyler and he is also friends with Kelly (the StarCraft II pro) who was just visiting. You should come visit me sometime!

Dekar173

Justice Man
Ya I know tyler he plays smash sorta ;p he's really into SC (as far as games go) and went to LC.

Btw Patrick, you owe me $250, so any time your dumb *** sees this feel free to text me and explain why you would fall out of contact for so long instead of, you know, being an adult.

Top Bottom