• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'm going to laugh when that becomes fighter of the month.

It shouldn't, because MK loves infinites too much. But **** is it pretty.

JohnnyCage4lyfe

Arms

Smash Rookie
I'm going to laugh when that becomes fighter of the month.

It shouldn't, because MK loves infinites too much.
HAHAHAHAHA oh wow...

MvC would like to have a word with you Mr. K.Ertle.

If anything it would be MK's ****ting gameplay that would stop it from becoming popular.

No **** talk though I ****ing love mortal kombat

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
gear, THE most original pokemon name yet :laugh:
That's precisely what I was thinking. The production team couldn't even come up with a pun? Pathetic.

No fest today nor tomorrow; sorry.

EDIT: Looks like the legendary pokemon for Pokemon White is the black dragon and vice versa. LOLWUT

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Because Banjo is too shy to ask for directions.
Yeah, I said it. Man up, Josh.
Going west from the intersection of Santa Cruz and Vassar, it's like the third house on the north side. Look for the red convertible.

EDIT: Actually, perhaps I should man up too. I *could* host a fest, I'm just not really in the mood.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Is the fest today, August? I might go. (Might is the keyword.)

I realize I never go to Nolan's fests, and I'm ashamed. I will be to one of them...eventually!

Zack. Don't go to Evo. What the **** are you thinking? With that money you could buy a ps3 and actually get decent at the games you'd go to evo for. Come on, don't be ********. You're always complaining, "man, if I had a PS3, I could actually practice!" And now you're just gonna throw money away on a trip that you could make next year when you actually know how to play? I shouldn't even have to tell you this ****.

Arms

Smash Rookie
I could go, but late. Like after dinner with my parents and other stuff. I would say I could show up at around 9:30-10

So as long as it goes as long as the standard August fests (1-2AM) I would show up

Edit-

I kinda agree with August, I mean going to evo would be fun.. But going to evo and doing decent would be even better, and the only way you are going to get better is practice. And you can't practice cause you dont have the game, or a stick, or the console.

oh well...

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's too late for me as well. I could go to anyone's fest tomorrow though, definitely.

Dekar173

Justice Man
With how many people play SF at an extremely high level, 1 year of heavy training still wouldn't allow for him to place decently at Evo. =/

May as well just go and get to see how gargantuan Daigo's ballsack is.

Arms

Smash Rookie
With how many people play SF at an extremely high level, 1 year of heavy training still wouldn't allow for him to place decently at Evo. =/

May as well just go and get to see how gargantuan Daigo's ballsack is.
See there is where I disagree, with super out so many new players have popped out of the woodwork and are knocking out some of the higher ups.

Recently I have seen players I thought were godlike
Arturo being one WHO HAS BEAT DIAGO IN MM's
lose to people i have never heard of before
and when i looked them up they were baddies in vanilla sf

The great players in the US arent that much farther ahead than the good players. : /

Dekar173

Justice Man
The game's relatively new though, once match-ups and how to play them are more refined and newer things are developed I'm quite certain the top will be back on top, with a very limited few newer people joining those ranks. It's all about being smarter than your opponent, and when you've got 10+ years of competitive SF under your belt, you've got quite a competitive edge over those of us who would be much newer to that scene.

Also, you forget Evo attracts not only the top talent from America, but from Japan too ;p

I say let him go get plundered, it'll be an amazing experience regardless of how well he does.

TvChasnogames

Arms

Smash Rookie
people are forgetting that i like tvc more than i do ssf4 and if i go out to evo then i'd be more focused on that then ssf4

Too bad I can already name the top 5 in TvC evo2k10 (not in any order)

Royalflush
Marn
Kiets
ll.nd
justin wong

or if i had to guess top 3

1 JWONG
2 Marn
3 royal flush

There ya go, Zack, you just went to evo for TvC

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
if my plans fall through today which they might, i could hold a fest. are people still down?

lol just realized augusts fest was canceled due to lack of interest

tekkie

Smash Master
if i only went to tournaments where i was guaranteed a decent placing i'd never see any of you people again :dizzy:

i'm just so bad at not having fun with video games even in tournaments

i bet artemis doesnt even have vib ribbon either but honestly who the **** does :]

tekkie

Smash Master
Well Tekkie, I only go to tourneys I'm guaranteed a decent placing and I still don't ever see these people XD
no wonder you call me villain we're like exact opposites!

except i dont see these people that often either (but not from lack of trying :p)

There's a difference between entering a tournament and traveling to a tournament and spending hundreds of dollars. Even if you know you wont place, a local tourney isn't going to set you back much more than lunch. Winning or losing isn't important.

And don't call me Artemis.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Dude that's a picture of Artemis Fowl in your avatar I know it is.

Let's compare-

Evo is a once a year event. There are TWO THOUSAND (thanks for the info Steven :p) people registered for it thus far, and there is still a month to go!

If you've got any passion whatsoever for any of the games on the roster, or fighting games in general, your interest is at least piqued for what's going to happen at Evo. I don't even play any of those games and I'd still like to see some vids and if Daigo's going to continue to hold his crown or get dethroned (odds are, no, but that's why you cheer for the underdog).

Not to mention the trip. From here to Vegas is what, 14 hours? That's an epic road trip. I've had more fun on road trips with people than I've had at the tourneys I get to (and sometimes due to the luck of the draw, vice versa).

Tourneys here are ****, and riddled with drama to boot.

August, I think your casual is showing.

Top Bottom