• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tekkie

Smash Master
There's a difference between entering a tournament and traveling to a tournament and spending hundreds of dollars. Even if you know you wont place, a local tourney isn't going to set you back much more than lunch. Winning or losing isn't important.

And don't call me Artemis.
oh alright

but yeah road trips are super fun

i want a
fishgun and a meowth's long lost cousin, meowth II
i hope these are confirmed for gen 5 soon

I wish I had 'em. I think I've had one or two, but it's not common. I should really try some of those methods for raising the chances of them occurring.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
DEVASTATION Thread
Official DEVASTATION Website

Listen up and listen carefully, folks. My car is confirmed. In turn, I need you to confirm yourself as an attendee.

1. BE AVAILABLE
We will leave Thursday, June 17, at around 5:00 pm from my house and return in ABQ late into the night on Sunday, June 20. Ask for work off/your parents for permission ASAP.

2. REGISTER
Registration closes this Monday, June 14, at 11:00 pm MST (our time). If you do not register, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN ANY EVENT! Niall asked earlier if refunds are an option, apparently you won't get your money back if you don't attend. It is free for guests, $35 for competitors (enter as many games as you like!), and $45 for VIPs (which Casey plans to take advantage of).

3. HAVE MONEY
I'm going to be EXTREMELY conservative with the money estimates for each. Given Phoenix is 450 miles away, my 2008 Toyota Corolla gets 32 MPG highway, and gas prices are $3.00, then the cost of the round trip is $84.375. Given 5 people, bring $20 for gas (that's being generous).
As for food, I'm expecting that $10-15 per day will work perfectly. Since our schedule means leaving Thursday evening and returning late Sunday night, I expect that $40 will easily cover food.

($20 fuel + $40 food + $35 fees = $95.00)
Given fuel, food, and fees, $100 should cover everything. The more, the better.

List of NM Hopefuls:
Niall is confirmed already.
Casey is confirmed already.
Neil (Admittedly, I'm not that interested - melee may not even be a side event.)
Nolan
Zack
Patrick
Erich (?)
Kyle (?)
David (?)
Lewis (?)

If we do get a car going, then we'll plan for housing with Bryce and our departure Thursday evening.
Reply by Monday if you meet the above 3 requirements. I've got 4 spaces :laugh:

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Just posting to confirm that I won't be going to Devastation.

Also, some Pokemon Black/White news...though mostly unconfirmed.
www.pokebeach.com

If these rumors are true, B/W may be the most epic Pokemon since R/B/Y.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Jesus ****ing christ this thread moves fast.

Devestation sucks because it's in AZ. I'm boycotting that place

Lol legendary pokemans in B/W are the yin yang dragons

tw1n

Smash Champion
Jesus ****ing christ this thread moves fast.

Devestation sucks because it's in AZ. I'm boycotting that place
Why the hell would you boycot AZ's tourney?! If its because of that law then thats just freakin dumb. Seriously. Its not like the smashers made the law happen.
Or is it because you don't wanna go there and get destroyed by everyone else?

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Tekkie, I thought you were riding with Casey.
Speaking of whom, happy belated birkday, bro.

Also, Devastation is going to be a 2 or 3-person trip unless more people man up. Seriously, if you don't register (and therefore be a guest like I am), it'll really cost only $50. I was exaggerating so much in the previous posts anyway ($15 gas and $35 food)

tekkie

Smash Master
Tekkie, I thought you were riding with Casey.
Speaking of whom, happy belated birkday, bro.

Also, Devastation is going to be a 2 or 3-person trip unless more people man up. Seriously, if you don't register (and therefore be a guest like I am), it'll really cost only $50. I was exaggerating so much in the previous posts anyway ($15 gas and $35 food)
i'd ride with them if your car wasn't available, as it is i could ride with you to split gas more evenly

as it is it's looking like i'd be going with them

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
oh, we're leaving thursday? um, i can see if I can get someone to cover my friday shift, but if not, I can't see myself going, especially if the only ones going in neils car are me and him, I can't afford to pay that much gas.

tekkie

Smash Master
oh, we're leaving thursday? um, i can see if I can get someone to cover my friday shift, but if not, I can't see myself going, especially if the only ones going in neils car are me and him, I can't afford to pay that much gas.
go slap arms with a persuasion salami and get him to come with
or zman or goyf
what about jt i assume he can't go?
you could also go persuade ax or twister or derek or whoever's left that i cant think of

also is anyone else playing cosmic break? /prepares for ****storm

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i don't have enough money, patrick is gay and is saving up for evo, gorf is gay and doesn't have money and he hates az for some dumb reason (probably because it's too hot and he sweats more making him smell even worse then he does now), jt is a ******, bryan is a BIGGER ******, matt always has work and i haven't heard from him since march, and derek is gay.

did i miss anyody?

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
yeah, splitting gas with just you, neil, is too much for me. D: looks like I won't be going unless something spectacular happens.

Arms

Smash Rookie
Guys guess what. I CAN GO TO DEVESTAION!!!!!!!!!

JK LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
AN ANNOUNCEMENT

I want to hold more tournaments next year in the dorm, for smash and SF. However, somethings come up. I'm going in to talk about it with the housing people this week, but there is a charge for 350$ to my dorm room for damages. I don't know how it happened because I wasn't in my dorm that often, but I don't have 350$ to pay, my money mostly goes to pay for school as it is.

So I'm going to do what I do every time I need money for bills, hold a tournament. So, on the 26th of this month (and sometime next month) I'm going to hold a tournament for Brawl and Super in my back yard. There will be a five dollar venue fee and a five dollar entry for every game.

TEKKIE CAN YOU MAKE ME A FLIER? <33

Dekar173

Justice Man
AN ANNOUNCEMENT

I want to hold more tournaments next year in the dorm, for smash and SF. However, somethings come up. I'm going in to talk about it with the housing people this week, but there is a charge for 350$ to my dorm room for damages. I don't know how it happened because I wasn't in my dorm that often, but I don't have 350$ to pay, my money mostly goes to pay for school as it is.

So I'm going to do what I do every time I need money for bills, hold a tournament. So, on the 26th of this month (and sometime next month) I'm going to hold a tournament for Brawl and Super in my back yard. There will be a five dollar venue fee and a five dollar entry for every game.

TEKKIE CAN YOU MAKE ME A FLIER? <33
Well, that's ****ing gay =/ I don't know where the damages would come from, but if it remains an issue I'm positive that tourney will help cover it :)

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
gorf is gay and doesn't have money and he hates az for some dumb reason (probably because it's too hot and he sweats more making him smell even worse then he does now)
Probably something along these lines.

I'll be there on the 26th.

Oh, and smash tomorrow maybe?

Top Bottom