• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Fest is on. It's gonna hafta start at 2 on account of I need to go pickup my vehicle. I AM SO HAPPY.

Actually, come as soon as you want, but I'm going to have to leave you guys alone for an hour at some point.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
SNES is the best for the following reasons:

1. It has several amazing games that completely destroy sega's games

2. Because Zman sucks and SNES fans rule

3. PS3 has no games.

4. what does 3 have to do with the SNES being the best system ever?

5. everything

:link:

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
GGs at the fest today, guys.

Zack, I have your ps2>gc adapter.
Steven, I have your stick. Also, I think you left some bizarre PS2 game in my SotC case. Does Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis ring any bells?
Patrick, you stole my heart.

Arms

Smash Rookie
The fest was awesome.

Melee Dubs
SF4
TvC
Getting the cops called

They said it sounded like someone was getting *****

Hint

ZMAN has no Virginity

Haha, wow...I am in the thread title. Awww. :cool: I must be loved or something...o.O

I am quite sick lately, so I wasn't there August. Sorry man. Also, I just realized...the March 20th tournament is the day after I get my wisdom teeth pulled, so I'm starting to doubt my appearance at the tournament, haha. Unless Zach was able to change the date to the Saturday after, but that's unlikely. :(

Hmmm...

I'm pretty sure SNES is the best system ever!! <3
SNES = winner of all time!
Super Nintendo wins just for having Super Metroid and Super Mario World.
SNES is still the best system.
SNES is the best for the following reasons:

5. everything
someone hasn't played vectorman, or a genesis game in general.
SNES is #1 baby! Secret of Mana is my favorite game ever <3
The only person who will argue that the SNES isn't the best is Zack's hedgehog-loving ***.
i'm not arguing, i'm stating a fact of life.

genesis > snes.
LIES!!! SNES is way better! Genesis has Sonic yes... but what else??? Every mario game (including Mario RPG and Super Mario Cart), Final Fantasy, Mortal Kombat 1,2 and 3???
Actually it may have MK, I don't remember that one lol.
i'm sorry guys, but SNES > every other system
game cube is arguable though, because melee itself makes the game cube immortal. lol jk. but seriously, SNES is the best system!
You know, as the facts are seen above, it would appear that the SNES beats the Genesis. Not only that, but it has BATTLETOADS!!! Haha.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
You're free to, but it seems like a waste of gas/time to drive down here just for your adapter. Why don't you finish Super Metroid or something instead of playing tvc?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Erich, getting your wisdom teeth pulled isn't bad at all. I was smashing at Nolans the day after I got mine pulled. Just bring your painkillers with you if you are worried. I never even took the Vicodin lol.

tekkie

Smash Master
whobo is in less than a month. do we have a plan? id like to know as far possible in advance to take time off, figure out what to do with classes, how to get up to ABQ if necessary, etc

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Fest was awesome. I must've left before the cops were called.

****in' Pichu, man. ****in' Pichu...

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
whobo is in less than a month. do we have a plan? id like to know as far possible in advance to take time off, figure out what to do with classes, how to get up to ABQ if necessary, etc
This or something. If we aren't taking a car, it's gonna cost a lot more too, so we really need to know this.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Depending on money i'm probably not going to whobo, not enough cash D:

However I want to hold a fest on tuesday so guilty gear can commence, and destroying dreams of double fox teams.

tekkie

Smash Master
This or something. If we aren't taking a car, it's gonna cost a lot more too, so we really need to know this.
according to google maps i40 east is significantly faster than i25 south so you guys probably wont be blowing by here and i need to get to ABQ somehow. i have the friday that weekend off for some coincidental holiday, which is ******, so i just need to find a way up there.

and in order to plan that out i need to know when wed be leaving

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Depending on money i'm probably not going to whobo, not enough cash D:

However I want to hold a fest on tuesday so guilty gear can commence, and destroying dreams of double fox teams.
Guilty Gear? What what? Also, I think Paul redeemed himself by wrecking our Fox-Fox team already.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I was on that team I know ;_;

And yeah guilty gearsss. And instead of a fest tuesday would anyone be down for one tomorrow?

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Everyone should just forget about whobo and stay here in abq for super mini-whobo local happy party time fest go.

Arms

Smash Rookie
Everyone should just forget about whobo and stay here in abq for super mini-whobo local happy party time fest go.
Ooo! count me in!

Tuesday fests are much better since I don't have class on Tuesday so make it on Tuesday

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It might happen. I don't want to spend 260 on plane tickets. And all of the cars (Patrick, Steven don't want to go, Zman, Neil can't drive people (and Neil wouldn't want to go anyways)) seem to be not going.

I summon Davis to return to smash with Whobo 2!

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Important for Whobo2

If we don't have a car, we should buy Greyhound tickets before the 10th for a good discount. We would need to go 2 days in advance (leave the 31st), since it's like a 40 hour trip on the buses. Currently, those are 167 dollars (about 100 less than airfare). If we buy them after the 10th, they are 235 (not worth it at this point, I'll pay 25 more to not wait on a bus for 40 hours)

So, If someone with a car doesn't come up really soon, Imma buy greyhound tickets. So if you care about Whobo2, let us know yeah?

tekkie

Smash Master
Important for Whobo2

If we don't have a car, we should buy Greyhound tickets before the 10th for a good discount. We would need to go 2 days in advance (leave the 31st), since it's like a 40 hour trip on the buses. Currently, those are 167 dollars (about 100 less than airfare). If we buy them after the 10th, they are 235 (not worth it at this point, I'll pay 25 more to not wait on a bus for 40 hours)

So, If someone with a car doesn't come up really soon, Imma buy greyhound tickets. So if you care about Whobo2, let us know yeah?
if it comes to this i'm not going. this is already probably going to slice into school time for me.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Important for Whobo2

You're willing to spend that much money and waste that much time just to camp with metaknight? I thought I had you figured out, Walker... Wouldn't you rather just chill with cooler people during the Super Mini-WHOBO Local Happy Party Time Fest Go?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
if it comes to this i'm not going. this is already probably going to slice into school time for me.
Yeah, a ride is waaaaaaay important. It's like 300 with the cheapest greyhound ride possible, and we lose a week (2 days each way+ 3 day tourney). I really want to go to Whobo, but with an airfare, it's 400 dollars, absurd considering Genesis was only like 250-300, and was 250 miles further away.

We might see if an unpacked car is coming our way and is vulnerable to substantial bribes to go out of the way and back (like AZ peeps)

August, I really wanted to go to this, but it's total bull****

Arms

Smash Rookie
I was pissed last night when I found out Heavy Rain wasn't even nominated for an oscar.

Top Bottom