• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
very rough first day impressions of the newcomers-

frank- lots of otg combos but zombies come out slow and the only worthwhile one is the shopping cart one. not sure what to think of him at this point.

zero- less solid ryu. buster shot sucks and poor health on top of that. his genei jin super seems really cool though and someone found a semi infinite with it on srk.

tekkaman blade- weird, seems really momentum based. awkward movement. his pinball super seems stupid good (i was hit confirming into it in arcade mode last night with it)
frank is pretty ****, real megabuster is the secks >_<

zero for god tier, he can in fact TOD if you use the super that makes a shadow follow him and brq/tagout all in one stream finished with a double full buster shot, and its REALLY easy to pull off aside from the buster shot charging

tekkaman blade is broken... That is all.
twins magic thread is up. If you could please comment and help name people who's names I have forgetten :p
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9414296#post9414296

Oh yeah we need to discuss hosting a tourney :p
:link:
10magics

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Who all is planning on going to the El Paso tourney at the end of Feb? Me, David, and Lewis are all looking to go. Thing is because of work we won't be able to leave until after work Friday night (~10:30 pm). We have 2 seats left for anyone that wants to join us.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
French Military from Outer Space

Fest at my place this weekend. Continuum Shift, TvC, etc. When is everybody free? Friday? Saturday? Sunday is a no-go for me.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
morbidly obese skate overdrive

mutha ****in' gangsta kirby- blade seems really good but momentum based. is still think yatterman2 is the best out of all five of them though

kyle- isn't el paso only like, a 3 hour drive? and how much do you think it would cost to go?

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
August, I would prefer Saturday.
I also call dibs for one of those seats to the El Paso tournament. I'm guaranteed 1st ;)

My first game was "In the Lost Kingdom of GangstaKirby's Screaming Underpants."

Twin_A

Smash Champion
morbidly obese skate overdrive

mutha ****in' gangsta kirby- blade seems really good but momentum based. is still think yatterman2 is the best out of all five of them though

kyle- isn't el paso only like, a 3 hour drive? and how much do you think it would cost to go?
gas probably won't cost much. 20 - 40 a person tops. then food and tourney costs

tekkie

Smash Master
Who all is planning on going to the El Paso tourney at the end of Feb? Me, David, and Lewis are all looking to go. Thing is because of work we won't be able to leave until after work Friday night (~10:30 pm). We have 2 seats left for anyone that wants to join us.

you mean the tournament i've posted about like four times in the last week or so? yeah i'd like to go :p

edit: found that **** thread lol

Dekar173

Justice Man
Also for El Paso, JT and I want to go, and I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Nolan and Goyf want to go. Steven and Patrick, it'd be awesome if you guys came too, but it's understandable if you can't/don't want to.

Matt I'm unsure of because it's extremely difficult for him to ever get off of work, but he's always cool to hang out with =P

Zman is always sick/his mommy would kill him if he died in a freak 2 semis colliding with our car accident ;)

AZ 2.0 ???

Underload is 12 and has never had a job/done an honest day of work in his life apparently.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Yes I've posted I want a seat for El Paso! :D

I want to hold a fest tomorrow, I do. I see that there are some going on this weekend but I can't attend those. Anyone down for one friday at my dorm? I kinda wanna play/learn sum melee >3

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What's specifically wrong with paying more venue fee than pot fee?

I hadn't actually completly thought it over.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
So how many drivers do we have and whoever is riding with us is it cool for you to leave that late? It would literally be david and I leave work, grab you and go. No waiting around kinda thing.

How many drivers can we have total? Because it's a jeep and we could squeeze 6 or 7 in mind you. But we would have to be very careful not to get pulled over.

Dekar173

Justice Man

I want to hold a fest tomorrow, I do. I see that there are some going on this weekend but I can't attend those. Anyone down for one friday at my dorm? I kinda wanna play/learn sum melee >3
Become like Axe in Melee and **** it!

@Underload/Meno- $20 venue fee for a free venue?

•I paid $30 venue fee for Pound 4, one of the largest Smash tourneys to ever happen, which occurred over a course of a long weekend.

•I COULD HAVE paid only $20 venue fee had I registered earlier (the same price as this FREE venue, except it costed Plank a few thousand to rent, whereas DFG has A FREE VENUE).

•Cutthroat LOVES to shaft Smashers, be it through poor TOing, or shoving them in the corner/near the smoke-ridden entrance, we get ****ed.

•Cutthroat is a for-profit organization hosting tournaments. You know how those people can make some money off of tourneys? By winning, as well as by selling some food or something (VG Bootcamp made a **** TON off of Pound 4 by selling Subs, and drinks, all it takes is a little effort). You know how they can make real money? By working!

•In all honesty, since I expect to win money when going to a tournament, I'm fine with the 5 or 10 dollar overcharge when it comes to myself, but I find it EXTREMELY unfair to the community for Cutthroat to be charging $20 for a tourney that's costing them next to nothing.

•There was a ****ing $5 entry fee for doubles, are you kidding me? It was expected to be a regional (but failed miserably due to unforeseen weather circumstances) and yet there was going to be a $5 entry fee to a major part of the tourney.

tekkie

Smash Master
i wouldnt mind either car but i would prefer to be back here sunday night. just remarking on this because melee pools are at 2pm and bracket on 6pm on sunday, and i assume thats what the twins are going for, meaning by the time the twins face off in grand finals (and neil gets like 17th) its gonna be late

Arms

Smash Rookie

This is too good.
Soon the melee scene will be bigger than the brawl..

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master

I'm down unless one of the places I called ninjas me with an instant interview.

Become like Axe in Melee and **** it!

@Underload/Meno- $20 venue fee for a free venue?

•I paid $30 venue fee for Pound 4, one of the largest Smash tourneys to ever happen, which occurred over a course of a long weekend.

•I COULD HAVE paid only $20 venue fee had I registered earlier (the same price as this FREE venue, except it costed Plank a few thousand to rent, whereas DFG has A FREE VENUE).

•Cutthroat LOVES to shaft Smashers, be it through poor TOing, or shoving them in the corner/near the smoke-ridden entrance, we get ****ed.

•Cutthroat is a for-profit organization hosting tournaments. You know how those people can make some money off of tourneys? By winning, as well as by selling some food or something (VG Bootcamp made a **** TON off of Pound 4 by selling Subs, and drinks, all it takes is a little effort). You know how they can make real money? By working!

•In all honesty, since I expect to win money when going to a tournament, I'm fine with the 5 or 10 dollar overcharge when it comes to myself, but I find it EXTREMELY unfair to the community for Cutthroat to be charging $20 for a tourney that's costing them next to nothing.

•There was a ****ing $5 entry fee for doubles, are you kidding me? It was expected to be a regional (but failed miserably due to unforeseen weather circumstances) and yet there was going to be a $5 entry fee to a major part of the tourney.
This, plus my explanation which only UL can see lol.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Gawd, it's been taking me forever to get those last few ship parts I need. Do you have spare parts that I need, Walker? (I'm assuming you have Phantom Hourglass, lol)

I need: Strong Cannon, Golden Cannon, Golden Wheel.

We can do it over WiFi (with Friend Codes >_>) with this game, so yeah.

Dekar173

Justice Man
The slow steady decline of interest in Brawl is partially my fault- I haven't hosted tourneys regularly like I used to.

Who is interested in a "Smash/Video Games Club" at UNM, and if there is a fee in order to start said club, who is willing to pay?

This seems to be the only solution to running tourneys regularly (without a venue fee,) not to mention it will GREATLY boost tourney attendence (and the venue couldn't possibly be cramped ;P)

The only downside is that I feel rather hopeless as to starting it up. Nolan, it'd be great if you could get a hold of Justin from the Anime Club in order to just ask him a bit on who the hell we would talk to about starting a club.

Patrick- you gay! Is your comp fixed yet? Or are you megalame and posting on your sister's pink DVD player mega laptop? :D

Top Bottom