• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
yo

the game

Also, do you know if we have the condo dekar? I'm pretty tight on money, and I'm trying to find out what I can do before FF without losing my FF budget

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so zach picked up my controller at the last dorm fest I held and left it at Neils. Neil, do you have a black modded controller?

also, is anyone up for a late smashfest? I get out of class at nine and can hold it, anybodyy?

tekkie

Smash Master
Okay, so zach picked up my controller at the last dorm fest I held and left it at Neils. Neil, do you have a black modded controller?

also, is anyone up for a late smashfest? I get out of class at nine and can hold it, anybodyy?
absolutely, but you all know my car dilemma, johns johns johns etc.

"Yo, this is DancingFighterG with SlapChop!"

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
My Friday smashfest starts at 4 pm. Bring setups.

Also, after watching Fonz, I have decided to pick up brawl again. Seriously. Not for tournament play, though.

Lastly, let me get this straight. Warning: Includes logic.

Nolan has Zack's controller.

Zack had Nolan's controller.

Zack left Nolan's controller at my house.

I have Nolan's controller.

I had an extra black, gripped, non-modded controller (not mine).

Twister did not have his controller.

Twister randomly chose 1 of the 2 controllers.

There is a 50/50 chance that Matt borrowed your controller, Nolan.

Somebody else has Matt's original controller, perhaps Walker.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Looks like people need to label their ****.
Or people need to stop taking s*** unless they know 100% for sure it belongs to them.

Again, someone has my wiimote+classic controller. Walker, Steven, Zach...it was lost at nolan's fest a few weeks ago, you were the only ones there. Either one of you has it or one of you placed it in nolan's dorm room by mistake...thinking it was his.

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
I left an unmodded black gc controller at neils a few weeks ago.

I go today to pick up my controller and neil has 2 black controllers that are both modded so I take one of them.

Did somebody take a black gc controller from neils that is unmodded or did someone randomnly mod my controller without knowing whose it is?

Find out more when Mystery of the GC Controller returns...

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Saw that lol. That snake didn't know the matchup until mid game, when he started coming back

That ICs was **** good tough. Would be better than me if he could not whiff so much Chain Grabs. Better at desynching than me though.

I don't have your Wiimote+classic Paul. Just cleaned the house yesterday, so I know for sure. I'd bet it's in Nolan's dorm.

Also, while you are at pound Dekar, you should get some games of your Diddy vs Lain's ICs recorded. There are no good reps of that MU anywhere.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been in my dorm, and it's been locked up since the day after the last dorm fest. If it's there someone left it there considering I wasn't there to misclaim anything.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
How did/Why do brilliant minds of the past, upon the verge of profound discovery, resist the urge for immediately gathering attention from the public?

One may answer that the public is the public for a reason. There is going to be a normal distribution of intelligence within the public. Therefore, the act of a brilliant mind providing new information to the public will yield both positive and negative results (intelligent and idiotic).

In response I ask, wouldn't those brilliant minds be capable of distinguishing between those responses from the public and know exactly how to apply that knowledge in order to further his or her (the brilliant person's) own intentions (usually by allowing the smart few to speak and silencing the stupid masses)?

This is a serious question out of my own curiosity. Please respond thoughtfully. I understand that this is the Internet and chances of success are grim.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
A lot of them tried. But, they were rejected for their "discoveries." They just persevered on doing what they knew what was right.

Some are just anti social

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
A lot of them tried. But, they were rejected for their "discoveries." They just persevered on doing what they knew what was right.

Some are just anti social
I would agree that many have tried...and many have supposedly failed.

I just believe that labeling these brilliant minds as anti-social would be too much of a sweeping generalization for what these brilliant minds desire. I'm sure that these figures, over the years, would merely succumb to the fact that people are stupid, and that belief in the intellectual's mind will be reinforced by past failures in life for social activity.

I'm sure any brilliant mind would concur that two (intelligent) heads are better than one, or, more generally, that if the intellectual is met with praise, that he or she would have access to more resources in order to further his or her intentions, which are (historically) virtuous ones.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
A lot of people did go public and did get praise. However, their aim was no longer for fame. See platonic teachings and Aristotle.

tekkie

Smash Master
on one hand we had Tesla, who was awesome and everyone told to STFU.

on the other hand we had cold fusion, which was the opposite.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'm sure any brilliant mind would concur that two (intelligent) heads are better than one, or, more generally, that if the intellectual is met with praise, that he or she would have access to more resources in order to further his or her intentions, which are (historically) virtuous ones.
Sometimes when an economy or government is based upon one thing, let's say oil, the big guys on top of certain companies don't want new innovative technologies to be found, they'd prefer to keep their stranglehold on whichever market they're in than to lose even a dime of profit.

Tesla was an example of this^

Then other times, scientists want to be absolutely CERTAIN that what they're discovering isn't A) already known/proven to be a hokey botched experiment due to certain uncalculated errors or B) they absolutely want those resources/rewards over all other things, and will be as patient as possible in order to attain them.

Money makes the world go round, unfortunately.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
on one hand we had Tesla, who was awesome and everyone told to STFU.

on the other hand we had cold fusion, which was the opposite.
I'm not too familiar with these examples :( You are referring to the physicist from whom the Tesla unit was derived, right?

A lot of people did go public and did get praise. However, their aim was no longer for fame. See platonic teachings and Aristotle.
There are certainly people who desire fame, but the scholars in my mind are truly concerned with academia only.
The classical philosophers, as I understand it, had the intention of educating the young in quintessential abilities like the usage of logic and reason. That intention was mostly spurred from the corruption of Greek and Roman senators at the time.
Which nicely brings me to the next point...

Then other times, scientists want to be absolutely CERTAIN that what they're discovering isn't A) already known/proven to be a hokey botched experiment due to certain uncalculated errors or B) they absolutely want those resources/rewards over all other things, and will be as patient as possible in order to attain them.

Money makes the world go round, unfortunately.
I'm under the impression that you don't believe there are scientists in this world who are so truly inspired and motivated to do the iconic "right thing"? . . . or at least, introducing something new to the world for the sake of discovery?

tekkie

Smash Master
I'm not too familiar with these examples :( You are referring to the physicist from whom the Tesla unit was derived, right?
im talking about Nikola Tesla who's kind of like Chuck Norris but awesome instead like Bruce Campbell

I'm under the impression that you don't believe there are scientists in this world who are so truly inspired and motivated to do the iconic "right thing"?
when i start a robot butler world empire i'm going to refer back to this quote

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yes, Tesla is definitely one of the most awesome ones.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'm under the impression that you don't believe there are scientists in this world who are so truly inspired and motivated to do the iconic "right thing"? . . . or at least, introducing something new to the world for the sake of discovery?
Clearly what I was getting at was a bit above your reading comprehension/you're WAY too naive.

Sometimes, when the little guy discovers something that the big guy DOES NOT WANT KNOWN, he gets stepped on, with about 30 bullets and a knife.

Certain things ARE life threatening for one to make public, even in America.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Tesla is definitely one of the most awesome ones.
i read the whole article...he's definitely a human captain falcon

Clearly what I was getting at was a bit above your reading comprehension/you're WAY too naive.

Sometimes, when the little guy discovers something that the big guy DOES NOT WANT KNOWN, he gets stepped on, with about 30 bullets and a knife.

Certain things ARE life threatening for one to make public, even in America.
clearly i am disappointed that you have to turn a simple discussion into ad hominem attacks
So, as I was saying, you don't believe it is reasonable (or even existant in this cruel world) for a little guy to do everything in his power to make worthy information known, even at the price of martyrdom?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Doing something good and dying isn't on everybody's wishlist.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
i guess i got my answer. time to wrap up the night with a quotation that most of us actually heard together...

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
How about

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

Dekar173

Justice Man
clearly i am disappointed that you have to turn a simple discussion into ad hominem attacks
So, as I was saying, you don't believe it is reasonable (or even existent in this cruel world) for a little guy to do everything in his power to make worthy information known, even at the price of martyrdom?
Odds are, this information has already been discovered.

The powers that be are much bigger than you think.

Certain things could easily be disregarded as fictitious, or completely removed from all known media outlets, and those are just two ways people can be silenced. Look at China.

Sometimes a risk is too big to bet your life on.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Sorry to break topic but pools are up for melee Pound 4.

I have Raistlin (Florida Puff that did well at Genesis but aparently not so well at local tourneys), Zhu (easily going to get first seed), Toasty (Ness main), and some e mail address so an unknown.

David has Jman, Lady Legion (a decent female Peach main I believe from Florida not sure tho), Phish It (I believe a Ganon main), and John C (???)

1. Phish-It
1. Twin
1. LadyLegion
1. Jman
1. John C

1. Twin A
1. Zhu
1. Toasty
1. Markob80@yahoo.com
1. Raistlin

Neil I'm looking to you for info about any of these players and helpful vids.

And at Fridays fest any Jiggs help I can get would be very much appreciated. Davod will also need Ganon and Peach practice as much as possible.

:link:

tw1n

Smash Champion
Alrighty so hopefully I can do well enough in pools to make it out haha. I just gotta be a peah and a ganon... I need mah practice friday night

Top Bottom