• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Meh..finding a job right now is an absolute pain because of the stupid economy.
If you need anymore Paul, I got you covered. :)

Finding a job is a pain in the neck, or the butt. Or wherever...rawr. I'm getting tired of turning in applications. Persistence is certainly important when job-hunting.

I would vote for a fest tomorrow, as on Halloween I am going to be with my family. Sorry y'all. If you have something tomorrow, I'll most likely be there in the evening for a while, but I'll probably be busy during the day with various things. Including hours of violin practice. :p But I would love to do some Melee tomorrow. Yes I would. Maybe I should hold another fest, eh?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I would venture to say that hair is indeed a factor, and if anything dreads help alleviate the problem. Dreads are always going to be self-contained, just dreading it up. Normal long hair is more likely to find its way into ****, and looks more "unkept" in general.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Lewis wasn't allowed to keep his job at BLOCKBUSTER because his hair was too long. Some places just require a nice attire and look.

Tip for anywhere you turn in applications:
CALL BACK 3 DAYS AFTER TURNING IT IN!!!

Shows that you are interested and willing to make the effort. At work we always put notes on applicants that do that and those are the first we call back.

Any pokemon fan or former fan (or anyone wanting to laugh at prof Oaks misfortune) should watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTPdPtL-_4A&feature=related

EDIT: I hate to say this but if you cant find a job right now then you're clearly doing something wrong. It's hard but not impossible. Plenty of places do seasonal and even more are hiring for long term. Call back every place you turn in an app at. Go to job fairs if needs be. Everywhere you go ask if they're hiring or taking applications. Most of you will say "But I already do that...", stop and think really hard and be sure you're right. When you go out to eat, try there. And if you desperately need a job and the only one hiring says you have to cut your hair then man up and ****ing cut it! Lewis did it and he actually likes it! For te 8 years we've been best friends he hasn't let anyone even mention cutting his hair. Refused it. Now he loves his short hair. Whats worth more, keeping yuor hair that will grow back, or getting a job?

Arms

Smash Rookie
@August - If you bought TF2 we need to play sometime...

@Neil - I should be be able to come over for the Saturday fest. Hopefully

@Dekar - TURNIP GIMP STAGE SPIKE LOOOOOOOOOP KILL!!!!!!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I just got my hair cut really short and I like it. :)

Do a before picture, RIGHT before you get it cut. Then an after right after :3

Haha, I am actually going today for a few more. :p Thanks for the tip though Twins, that's actually exactly what AllBoutShiek, or Chad, told me the other day as well. Haha.

Hey do you guys want me to hold a fest today?

Because if you do, I'll ask my dad and he'll probably be ok with it. I just will be gone for about an hour at 4:00 so I can go watch my buddies tear everyone to pieces at the District X-C meet.

Alright everybody, I'm holding a fest today. I think I'll start it around 2:30 or 3:00, but if you wanted to come a little bit earlier then call me. I might be jamming out on my violin when you come, haha. I know some of you probably won't be able to make it, but it's ok. My house usually does not remain open(what with parents and a sibling in grade school still) until ridiculously late anyway, so how's about I start sending you dude's home between 11:00-12:00? If you need directions to my house, which I wouldn't blame you haha, then here's my number:

328-4871

Alright, let me know if you guys are coming. :) Also...BRING SETUPS AND GAMES PLEASEEEEEEE. I do not have a copy of Melee at the moment either, so everybody who owns it bring it. And bring some TV's and some Wii's, and some Brawl copies if you wish. :)

EDIT: Also, slightly important:If you guys want to bring your own snacks so that everyone can eat some stuff, that would be appreciated. If everyone could bring something, then we'd be set for snacks and lunch, because most of the stuff at my house is for tomorrow when my family holds our family Halloween party. That doesn't mean everyone bring a bag of chips, lol. I already have a bag we can use anyway. Use your imagination, but if you can...bring something. Just don't feel obligated to. And my mom will probably be able to make something here and there.

Arms

Smash Rookie
I just remembered that at my fest someone had taken my silver controller.

I would really like it back D:

Oh yea, one more thing. The only rule I ask you guys to follow is the same as the last time: watch your mouths. :p You guys were really good about that last time, thanks. Anyway, just a reminder.

You can come over whenever.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know of a general list of Brawl advanced techniques that I can find?

Oh also, I don't think I'm gonna be able to go tomorrow. Really sorry guys. :(

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm gonna be over at Neil's smashfest today after all, so I'm gonna be bringing a copy of Melee over.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
By the way, Neil. I am going to be mming you in Melee when I get back.

Get *****.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Great fest today. Oh yeah, Dekar, thanks for showing me that down throw combo with Marth. I've been practicing recently and I almost have it down.

Erich votes for a mini Melee tournament the next time there is a fest. Just a $1 entry fee! And if the Brawler's want a mini Brawl tournament, then do that too.

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
Cool fest Neil

I ended up with an extra Wiimote so everyone check to see if you are missing one and I'll get it back to you

Zman that really sucks

Top Bottom