• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new mewtwo. beasting.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
Quak and renth wtf you guys are like total ***** or somthing cut the guy a break. I want to know who is top 5 m2 in the world cause I know I am one of them. <.< seriously I want to know. King gerudo the whole save the crap for gamefaqs is genius. Jona Diaper I won't say your lieing but if you can't back it up they are right you don't prove anything by boasting. Your cool tho and I think you can take renth in his old age. <.<

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Top 5 M2 would be Taj, Quak, me without any doubt. Not in any order, but Taj would probably still be the man. Quak I have seen several videos of, and plus he is from Cali, that alone suggests his level of skill. He has beaten a couple big names if I recall correctly too. I can also tell from the way he posts that he knows his ****. I don't post overly often in these boards mainly because for every scrub you correct, a thousand more will take his place, but I have beaten numerous big names and can beat the vast majority of FL smashers, including several on the power rankings.

Other candidates would be you, Airo, Glitchm2, LavaGolem. I have only heard of you semi recently in the Melee world, but I heard of some of your accomplishments. You beat Chaddd, so that definitely gives you a lot of props, so you would quite possibly be on there. Then you have the oldies, Mookierah and Umbreon Mow, either one or both might still be able to be on a top 5 list.

Don't underestimate Renth either, he is very good.

All of this is my opinion based on everything I have observed over the years.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Yeah ADHD quit, a lot of Melee people quit for Brawl, so I am speaking of just in general who the top 5 would have been. Everyone needs to stop quitting Melee, it is so much better.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
AdHd was the brokest m2 beside taj that I laid eyes on, geez why did he have to go. Your quark reasoning is terrible, just because his in cali man that is lame. I like your order mooney it makes me feel special.
Well you did do some **** impressive rapage at at FC

In yo eye!

woah, im confused david

stop quitting Melee, it is so much better.
i thought you liked brawl more?

dguy6789

Smash Lord
AdHd was the brokest m2 beside taj that I laid eyes on, geez why did he have to go. Your quark reasoning is terrible, just because his in cali man that is lame. I like your order mooney it makes me feel special.
Quak is better than ADHD by pretty large degree, as am I. Quak is the only M2 other than Taj that I would even consider possibly better than my own. Location means everything. The top 30 players from CA, FL, VA, or NY, could all be on a top 10 rankings chart in any other state, the level they play at is just higher. It isn't fair, but that is how it is. If you are lucky enough to be near top players, you play them enough and you will get really good.

I like Brawl, but I like Melee more, Cash.

quak

Smash Champion
melee is way better than brawl

i have a really good mewtwo, it eats fastfallers for brinner

and yeah, being on the map in california means alot more than tennesse

for the record though, i don't really play mewtwo in tournament, but don't doubt that it isn't good

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
My Mewtwo is okay.

One of better Mewtwos in Canada I guess?

Although I have no recent tourney experience so bottom of barrel for now

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
wow this still exists. yea were cool. i havent played melee since i got brawl. i probly suck again, we should play some matches wen i get back from chicago Renth. i get back the 24th.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
First of all ppl are playin brawl because its new. the majority of the smash community wasnt all that good. most of the die hard practice all day melee players are staying while still putting in some time in brawl. melee isnt going anywhere- its way more competitive and a better game. every threequel nintendo is making is sucking. N64<GC>Wii. thats been the trend. melee is the best just like double dash is the most well made mario kart of the 3. but the original was good too but it is outdated. melee still has new stuff being discovered but brawl does have novelty. So with some time and a bunch of not cool stuff gets discovered in brawl ppl will be like wheres ssbm.

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
First of all ppl are playin brawl because its new. the majority of the smash community wasnt all that good. most of the die hard practice all day melee players are staying while still putting in some time in brawl. melee isnt going anywhere- its way more competitive and a better game. every threequel nintendo is making is sucking. N64<GC>Wii. thats been the trend. melee is the best just like double dash is the most well made mario kart of the 3. but the original was good too but it is outdated. melee still has new stuff being discovered but brawl does have novelty. So with some time and a bunch of not cool stuff gets discovered in brawl ppl will be like wheres ssbm.
Competitve? Yes. A better game? Opinion and not fact. There has been six Mario kart's. If your talking about 3d home consoles, again, opinion and not fact.

Maybe its just me, but I for one grew weary of all the wavedashing and short-hopping I had to do to even try to compete, and always be pushed down by Fox and Marth.

In brawl, there is some instance of balance, and I can finally use who I want, not who's best.

If competitive smashers can't move on from there tactics, I fully understand, it takes a long time, but what makes it a better game? The fact that you can exploit things that were clearly mistakes? It made the game competitive, yes, but that's in taste.

I apologize if this was a Mewtwo discussion topic.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Competitve? Yes. A better game? Opinion and not fact. There has been six Mario kart's. If your talking about 3d home consoles, again, opinion and not fact.

Maybe its just me, but I for one grew weary of all the wavedashing and short-hopping I had to do to even try to compete, and always be pushed down by Fox and Marth.

In brawl, there is some instance of balance, and I can finally use who I want, not who's best.

If competitive smashers can't move on from there tactics, I fully understand, it takes a long time, but what makes it a better game? The fact that you can exploit things that were clearly mistakes? It made the game competitive, yes, but that's in taste.

I apologize if this was a Mewtwo discussion topic.
Lol, typical scrub comment. L-cancelling for one was intended, and it still isn't that imporatant. Wavedashing was useful, but people only used it to keep up with the others. It didn't matter. In Brawl, there is even less balance. The roster might be more even, but there are some characters that still dominate. The gameplay however is very defensive and boring.

Geist

Smash Master
This was the most enjoyable thread to read ever. You guys made my night. Thanks. x]

On the side note, The Brawl tier list is much more dominant than the melee tier list. Its becoming more and more common in tournaments that any character that isn't snake or metaknight gets out matched by them.

Brawl is actually less balanced than melee is. L-cancelling really evened out the playing field, making lagless characters like marth and sheik, who were virtually unstoppable without it, less dominant. It gave most characters a better advantage against others and helped balance the entire game. Wavedashing did to an extent as well.

Top Bottom