• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Sky Arena is epic, but I don't care too much about the stage, any of them will be ok. But, please, not the Ramen Bowl with that shape.
I'm interested in how they will manage the crowd, how the fans will look. Will they cheer every fighter in the stage, just the ARMS rep, just generic Smash fans with the logo?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I actually really like ARMS Lab as the smash stage. But then again I want it cause it involves more of the lore and my most wanted is Dr. Coyle soo...

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
To properly rep Arms, Sky Arena

if I wanted the stage to be as nuts as possible, I'd like either Ribbon Ring or mausoleum. Technically Snake Park would be the most nuts but it would wind up just being impractical.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I honestly would love less moving stages. Particularly since when playing over and over I'll either never see the other parts of the stage because I'm playing no hazards or I'm playing casual with stage morph and they just never happen. I don't think I've ever seen the Garreg Mach stage go through a full cycle.

I'm also still sore about there being an excellent Paper Mario TTYD stage stuck as part of a terrible stage and condemned never to be played.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Never played ARMS but I'm interested in seeing who the rep will be. Based on appearance alone nearly all of the characters look cool and I would be down for any of them. If there's one I'm really hoping for though, it's Dr. Coyle for that female+villain combo.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

MattX20

Smash Hero
This weekend is all that's left, and then the final countdown for the ARMS fighter begins

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Or they could wait until November. Who knows with Nintendo? :^)
Didn't stop that Paper Mario announcement from happening. There's a reason why Jeff Grubb has no idea where to put them on his Summer schedule.

This weekend is all that's left, and then the final countdown for the ARMS fighter begins
*Europe intensifies*

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Didn't stop that Paper Mario announcement from happening. There's a reason why Jeff Grubb has no idea where to put them on his Summer schedule.
Anything could happen with Nintendo.

Some announcements could happen earlier than planned, some later and announcements could even be cancelled and they just shadowdrop the game instead.

They're completely unpredictable and that's honestly not a great thing to have at a time where everyone else is being very upfront about what they do.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Anything could happen with Nintendo.

Some announcements could happen earlier than planned, some later and announcements could even be cancelled and they just shadowdrop the game instead.

They're completely unpredictable and that's honestly not a great thing to have at a time where everyone else is being very upfront about what they do.
I don't mind it, since most of the news that are upfront right now (at least according to Summer Game Fest among others)...don't feel very impressive to me. The more interesting ones are ironically looking to be those that are either unannounced (e.g. Activision's next major console Crash game (which barely got any leaks at all), any games in relation to PS5) or the general nebulousness of New Game+ Expo with its third-party collabs.

Best to be excited for something that came right out of nowhere, than anticipating the buildup for something that either never comes or is not that exciting (much like when folks watch regular Directs).

I want to be pleasantly surprised, and Geoff Keighley isn't giving much to work with on that. Tony Hawk coming back is interesting, but that was leaked to hell and back anyway.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't mind it, since most of the news that are upfront right now (at least according to Summer Game Fest among others)...don't feel very impressive to me. The more interesting ones are ironically looking to be those that are either unannounced (e.g. Activision's next major console Crash game (which barely got any leaks at all), any games in relation to PS5) or the general nebulousness of New Game+ Expo with its third-party collabs.

Best to be excited for something that came right out of nowhere, than anticipating the buildup for something that either never comes or is not that exciting.
I honestly prefer an attempt at mixing both stuff that's built up and having surprises.

Other companies are doing a decent job at this, telling us some stuff to look forward to and then give us a few surprises.

But now that we probably won't get a June Direct to look forward to, Nintendo is nothing but surprises. Even the lamer announcement that wouldn't bring too much hype would likely be treated the same way as "SURPRISE! NEW PAPER MARIO GAME THAT'S CLOSER TO WHAT FANS WANTED FOR YEARS!"

And that's not something that I think is as good as it sounds. It's nice to be informed that we should expect a few things and have a few really good and unexpected surprises in between the predictable rather than have every single announcement be shadowdropped.

Or maybe I'm just a weird guy who doesn't like surprises and fun? That could be it too :p

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh look, yet another not-E3.

I don't know about you lot, but there's no way I'll keep up with all of them. Although this one gets points for starting the minute that June does, I guess.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh look, yet another not-E3.

I don't know about you lot, but there's no way I'll keep up with all of them.

It's a good thing I'm only really interested in Nintendo, indie and Valve games. Nintendo will drop whenever, sort games by popular new to find an interesting indie and Vavle releases things never.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
While the concept of ARMS alts. is being rated in RTC, can I reiterate how much I LOATHE the idea? Here's how I put it in RTC.

"This wouldn't do the character justice at all. Along with very few having similar body shapes, literally every character (even Springtron) has something to differentiate them (Sping Man's low-health boost, Min Min's party kicks, Helix's aforementioned stretching, etc.). Take that away from them, and people who never played ARMS (who most likely came up with this concept to begin with) wouldn't even know they existed."

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
"BuT yOu CaN gIvE aNy ArMs To AnYoNe WiTh ThAt OnE mOdE"

Joker can also use any Persona in the game, but he only uses the one that's actually an extension of himself rather than one he just catches, emphasizing that this is a moveset for Joker specifically, not just a generic Persona moveset. No Jack Frost to be seen here.

I'm now tempted to say that in the RTC thread.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
People who draw the comparison to Bowser Jr. and Hero when discussing ARMS alts really don't understand how ARMS characters work.

To quote my own RTC post:

"The Koopalings just gotta sit there and look pretty in their Clown Cars, and every Dragon Quest hero is capable of swinging a sword and using magic. But each ARMS character has their own unique ability that we'd likely miss out on if they were all skins for each other. The ARMS themselves wouldn't be a problem, considering every character can wield every glove in the game given enough time, but I wouldn't want to miss out on Min Min's dragon arm and flip kick, or Ribbon Girl's multiple jumps, just for the sake of having more than one character in the game."

Top Bottom