• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Staarih

Smash Master
More people are bound to try ARMS simply because it's in Smash. I don't see how having a Hero alt situation would help that. Actually, it might hurt it. People might get the impression that every character in ARMS plays exactly the same. So people might think the game doesn't have any variety and is not worth exploring. Some people already feel that way about ARMS, I don't want Smash cementing that idea.
I see where you’re coming from and that’s a valid point. ARMS is probably my favorite new IP from Nintendo so all I have are good intentions towards it.

But are people under the assumption that Hero plays the same in their games, because they play the same in Smash? Or the Koopalings? Sure, JRPG’s are pretty standard with their characters (and I have zero knowledge on Dragon Quest, but then again I don’t think of them being the same in their original games) and the Clown Car effects the Koopalings so it’s probably not the same situation, but a genuine question.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But are people under the assumption that Hero plays the same in their games, because they play the same in Smash?
Yes.

You have people argue that all Heroes can do the same things and all the spells in Smash are spells all the heroes learn.

To say that is inaccurate is an understatement.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Better use the fighter's simbol, the ARMS League logo looks a bit weird, I think that it could be better.
I will say that the only one who represents more the fighter than the series is Cap Falcon's one, so using something different from the ARMS Leage logo seems unlikely.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Yes.

You have people argue that all Heroes can do the same things and all the spells in Smash are spells all the heroes learn.

To say that is inaccurate is an understatement.
Hmm, yeah okay. But they’re still shoved in the same slot in Smash. Though I guess consistency is not something to bother about too much when it comes to Smash anyway.

Well, as we’ve done for the past few months, there are arguments for and against pretty much any option they go with regarding the ARMS character haha. Fortunately we’ll be wiser soon.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, as we’ve done for the past few months, there are arguments for and against pretty much any option they go with regarding the ARMS character haha. Fortunately we’ll be wiser soon.
Yeah, and I'll say "I told you so" for whatever thing that comes true that I've been insinuating for the past month or so. If it happens, it would be too soon.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Friendly reminder that come Monday (if you live in the US), everyone and their moms will be on FP2 watch. Then the ARMS debate will presumably go from intense to... more intense. Man, I'm bad at words...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Friendly reminder that come Monday (if you live in the US), everyone and their moms will be on FP2 watch. Then the ARMS debate will presumably go from intense to... more intense. Man, I'm bad at words...
I think you meant insane.
Not quite yet. There's still one elephant in the room first.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Parappa? Sackboy? SOMETHING THAT ISN'T DARK? [ looking at you god of war and doom ]
I'm hoping for Sly Cooper. Though apparently Thieves in Time was a bit... controversial, so I'm not hoping TOO hard.

Anyway, before this gets off-topic again, assuming the "main character first" fanrule is true and we get Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, who do you think the SECOND ARMS rep would be? Like how Isabelle got in after Villager, if that makes any sense.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Anyway, before this gets off-topic again, assuming the "main character first" fanrule is true and we get Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, who do you think the SECOND ARMS rep would be? Like how Isabelle got in after Villager, if that makes any sense.
Hard to say.....

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
why only in the US?
Because the most vocal part of the Western Smash fanbase is based there, obviously. Either that, or time zone shenanigans.

I'm hoping for Sly Cooper. Though apparently Thieves in Time was a bit... controversial, so I'm not hoping TOO hard.

Honestly, as decent as Sanzaru is at making games, it'd be best for them to outsource their writing to outsiders.

Twintelle, Min Min, or Lola Pop, I guess.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't tend to come here so I don't know if this was shared already but, take a look here, there is an unknown amiibo next to Sonic and it says "coming soon"

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 11.16.51 AM.png
Here is the link in case you want to check it https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/super-smash-bros-switch/

So "Sonic"… the second letter in his name is "o", and after the letter "o" there is "p" … so you know what this potentially means ;)
In my opinion I think if there is either a new game or an expansion for Arms 1, or just something outside smash, and they will be unveiling an amiibo that is compatible with both Springman in smash (or if we have the koopaling scenario, just with the Arms fighter in general) and new stuff coming for Arms itself as a franchise. Keep in mind it says "coming soon", so It can't be a Terry amiibo as some people might think. I'm pretty sure the next amiibos in terms of pass 1 dlc would be Joker and Hero. Anyway just wanted to share that so have fun with it, peace guys!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If this is true, Sakurai needs to have personal involvement with the marketing department. Arranged this way, it doesn't make it very hard to deduce if it's meant to be a surprise.

Of course, we still don't know what Spring Man would come with, exactly...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I can't believe they actually left us hanging with the whole "guess who" schtick, only for it to be the main character anyways

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Of course, we still don't know what Spring Man would come with, exactly...
Yep that's the kicker right there… I definitely think there will be a twist, I'm one of those who don't think they teased a whole list for just one character. At least I hope there's something, just to make it more attractive for people to get into. And teasing a whole list to just put one character is a **** move anyway so there's gotta be some twist for sure.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, anyone else glad that the "there won't be anymore amiibo" atheists are getting disproven? The amiibo theory is possibly the only one besides the 7/11 one to still stay alive for this long.

Also, considering that Nintendo's Smash division been responsible for picking the choices in FP1...we're talking about their least predictable division. Byleth is one thing (the main character getting picked first will not under any circumstances be deviated from), but they never came with a big teaser...

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, I think that's just the Terry amiibo.

I don't think there's ever been a case where a DLC character has been revealed alongside their own amiibo within such a short span of time. Keep in mind that Mewtwo's amiibo took 7 months to be released after he was released back in Smash 4. Hell, it's been over a year since we got Joker and we still don't have an amiibo of him. So making amiibo out of DLC characters takes a pretty damn long time.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i dunno about the amiibo thing

feels like we'd at least get byleth's amiibo first even if 3rd party DLC amiibos were off the table for some reason

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You do realise this is Nintendo we're talking about, right?
I would gladly accept a better argument than that. The main face of the game is what most people relate to, specially players who didn't get into the franchise, thats what they remember the most. Also they have been going with the main guy of every game they are representing. Springman is most likely the face of the arms rep and there could be a koopaling scenario, or something smaller like the hero scenario. Nintendo is not gonna risk bringing a dead game with a character that people relate less than the main face, and again, the main face is what they have been going for all this time.

Yeah, I think that's just the Terry amiibo.

I don't think there's ever been a case where a DLC character has been revealed alongside their own amiibo within such a short span of time. Keep in mind that Mewtwo's amiibo took 7 months to be released after he was released back in Smash 4. Hell, it's been over a year since we got Joker and we still don't have an amiibo of him. So making amiibo out of DLC characters takes a pretty damn long time.
I pretty much doubt it's Terry. If they went for the nxt DLC in terms of pass 1, they will start with Joker and Hero who have been waiting the longest, plus it's in order. Terry doesn't make much of a sense to be "coming soon" in any way. Again, if they want to promote something with arms, it just makes sense that that's the amiibo you will see there compatible with smash. Whether it's a sequel or an expansion or whatever, Arms is not "new", so it's not like it's an amiibo coming with a fresh new IP. It just makes more sense imo. But i will agree to disagree.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I'd say Min Min, Twintelle and Dr. Coyle have the best shot.
I don't tend to come here so I don't know if this was shared already but, take a look here, there is an unknown amiibo next to Sonic and it says "coming soon"

View attachment 273202Here is the link in case you want to check it https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/super-smash-bros-switch/

So "Sonic"… the second letter in his name is "o", and after the letter "o" there is "p" … so you know what this potentially means ;)
In my opinion I think if there is either a new game or an expansion for Arms 1, or just something outside smash, and they will be unveiling an amiibo that is compatible with both Springman in smash (or if we have the koopaling scenario, just with the Arms fighter in general) and new stuff coming for Arms itself as a franchise. Keep in mind it says "coming soon", so It can't be a Terry amiibo as some people might think. I'm pretty sure the next amiibos in terms of pass 1 dlc would be Joker and Hero. Anyway just wanted to share that so have fun with it, peace guys!
Damn I can't believe they ****ing Box Theory'd it again.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I pretty much doubt it's Terry. If they went for the nxt DLC in terms of pass 1, they will start with Joker and Hero who have been waiting the longest, plus it's in order. Terry doesn't make much of a sense to be "coming soon" in any way. Again, if they want to promote something with arms, it just makes sense that that's the amiibo you will see there compatible with smash. Whether it's a sequel or an expansion or whatever, Arms is not "new", so it's not like it's an amiibo coming with a fresh new IP. It just makes more sense imo. But i will agree to disagree.
Right, but Terry's been out for a while now. We've had our hands on his moveset for quite some time. Meanwhile, we don't specifically know which ARMS character it is. It would make sense for it to be an amiibo of a character we're already familiar with and have played with instead of a character from a franchise Nintendo made a guessing game out of.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I dunno. Was it there before Arms was revealed?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Why exactly is "Coming Soon" not able to be applied to a potential Terry Amiibo? That specific Amiivo isn't even announced so if it was coming, it would be equally as "Coming Soon" as a potential ARMS rep's Amiibo. Also, it's a website, they have occasional issues in which code displays things in a weird way. It happens, so I don't think this gives us much insight TBH.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’d think the Terry Amiibo would release long before the ARMS rep’s amiibo, but that’s just me

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Right, but Terry's been out for a while now. We've had our hands on his moveset for quite some time. Meanwhile, we don't specifically know which ARMS character it is. It would make sense for it to be an amiibo of a character we're already familiar with and have played with instead of a character from a franchise Nintendo made a guessing game out of.
We still don't have Joker's Amiibo yet either so...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It is an oddly specific slip-up, but it wouldn't have been hard to guess anyway, seeing as none of the FP1 fighters got any amiibo yet and the base roster is completely done.

More proof that :ultpiranha: was meant to be in the default roster, but they barely ran out of time.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It could actually be Squirtle's, as its name is alphabetically in between Sonic and Toon Link's.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It could actually be Squirtle's, as its name is alphabetically in between Sonic and Toon Link's.
Charizard has an amiibo from 4 right? And do Pokémon Trainer and/or Ivysaur have amiibos yet? They weren’t in 4 so

Top Bottom