• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New IC infinate NPCing

Binx

Smash Master
You arent holding the stick properly, it needs to be exactly where the grove is, if that isnt working try unpluggin your controller to reset it.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I tried this, but can someone elaborate, I've been trying to Jab cancel but I end up doing a Dtilt..=/
Hit down, then roll to down and away and lay the stick in the grove. Then tap A with the right timing. it'll decrease the chances of you doing an f-tilt in the opposite direction, or a D-tilt.

craiigg

Smash Lord
^__^ awards myself a cookie also

all wobbling/npc'ing just takes timing+practice.

imo, time wasted just main marth and CG XD

Magus420

Smash Master
The diagonal jab cancel requires very precise positioning. Not all controllers are calibrated equally, and so not all controllers will be able to do it this way by putting it in the diagonal notch of the controller and also be able to do it in both directions.

Go to the character select screen. Hold directly left, and then directly right.

If one/both of those has the cursor drift slightly up or more you generally won't be able to do it this way while facing the opposite of that direction and you will instead turn around and f-tilt.

If it stays still or drifts slightly downward it usually works when facing the opposite of that direction by using this method.

If it drifts quite a bit downward it generally won't work in the opposite direction and you'll get d-tilts when trying to do it this way.

Otherwise, it may be your controller faceplate is worn and could use replacing because the notches are rounded off making it difficult to get it into the exact spot.

If your controller doesn't happen to be calibrated to work with it you have to move it to the notch and then roll it a very tiny bit downward/upward depending on whether you get turnaround f-tilts or d-tilts in that spot.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i can do it, as ive known about this type of jab canceling for a while (Mars' post was ignored amidst the flame war, but he is a crewmate of mine and he does it often with samus to do CC jab). the problem is when i do do it, i find that they escape it. is it possible to time with headbutts in order to make it inescapable? or am i not doing it fast enough or what? i mean, i do it the same setup as wobbling: press a for headbutt and jab, during the animation move stick into position and press a so they desync and keep pressing a.

Top Bottom