• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Houston thread; Smashfest September 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake13

Smash Lord
okay guyz lets stop talking about sword statz, thats where it gets a little pathetic

The word pathetic actually comes from the Greek word pathos, meaning emotion, or to show and feel emotion. This means that the word pathetic actually means to feel sorrow or pity genuinely for another person or people. Which makes the negative connotation you placed on the word completely out of context.

Example: Anna Nicole was pathetic. Her death evoked a feeling of genuine sorrow, because of the abruptness of it, and the children left behind.

OR

Mouf is pathetic, I feel sincere pity for your SAT word scores.

[/****]

(I'm kidding about you being pathetic James. Don't go benchpressing 280 pounds on me, kay?)

<3

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
hey jeremy feifer came to the fest at ace out and your a ****ing *** you suck and i haTE YOUR BULL **** YOU ALLWAYS TALK **** YOU!!!!:smiliegor

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
hey jeremy feifer came to the fest at ace out and your a ****ing *** you suck and i haTE YOUR BULL **** YOU ALLWAYS TALK **** YOU!!!!:smiliegor
Just because I own... thats sad. O well richard if you want it, come get it. Im sure you saw the nine under my shirt, so ***** you better chill before you get your big *** killed.

Shök

Smash Champion
what happened in yesterdays smashfest feifer, did you play dawn like you wanted to?

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
lolz okay so what went down at the smashfest?

Jake:
the word pathetic actually means to feel sorrow or pity genuinely for another person or people
don't you mean pity?

ziggity zang

*proceedz to get high scorez*

This means that the word pathetic actually means to feel sorrow or pity genuinely for another person or people. Which makes the negative connotation you placed on the word completely out of context.
i feel genuine sorry for ppl that brag about sword lengthz

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
how did it go, what characters did you play?
I played everyone there andrew, andrew, jesus, richard, preston, and louise.... or.... ace, neon, kage, pimpslap, littlep, and dawn...

vs dawn we mainly did falco dittos... or my falco on his fox.

Shök

Smash Champion
i need to play you jeremy feifer, do you know when we could play?

TGM

Smash Lord
jeremy brought a gun...............hes afraid of pimpslap, i see. just wait till u get next to bear....you may need a shotgun.

Aceout92

Smash Apprentice
so who wants me to pick them up in houston or around houston-to go to TGM"s Smashfest-call-713 377 8516

Ps-try to get a little gas money too

Jake13

Smash Lord
Jake:

don't you mean pity?

ziggity zang

*proceedz to get high scorez*

i feel genuine sorry for ppl that brag about sword lengthz
Pity comes from pitiful, which comes from pathetic, which comes from pathos, which means to show or feel emotion.

So where there did you get high scores? You used a word from my definition, and you also just broke down the word I defined into something smaller.

And I hope you really don't feel sorry for them, that'd be pretty lame.

(zip zap zabap)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The only pizza at the smashfest was a pizza with lies and empty promises, minus the crust, cheese, and sauce. <_<

Other than that, good stuff as always.

P.S., Sweet Tarts are ********.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Words do tend to take on different meanings Jake.. When it is a switch from Pity...

Or is it like

I pity you jake
or
Your Pathetic... they almost mean different things

I could not say
I pathetic you Jake

TGM

Smash Lord
it doesnt matter what a word means in a dictionary. its what it means in 2007. words have taken many different meaning over the decades.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check me thread if you are going to me tourney!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALADIN CREW! MAG CREW! TOUCH THA NASTY! Team MEXICOS(dawn,void,kage)!

go to me thread.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Pity comes from Pathetic. In basis they mean the same thing. Saying that a situation is pathetic means that you pity it, duhz.

Also, I can still beat you Jeremy, I don't know about anyone else =P

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
dear jake,

no1 carez about english

sincerely mouf

also you defined pathetic as a verb *4 stocks jake with various characters*

G@BE

Smash Lord
ouch that seems like it burns oddly enough.

Also Jake seems to pride himself to be "smarter" then the whole smash community... Which i find cute :jigglypuf

TGM

Smash Lord
ouch that seems like it burns oddly enough.

Also Jake seems to pride himself to be "smarter" then the whole smash community... Which i find cute :jigglypuf
Smarter than the houston scene!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! He hasnt mets the TGM then!!!!!!!!!! Me has a PHD in SSB!

captin_kirby

Smash Rookie
hay guys how yall been i heard that aceout is holding another std soon hope to see all yall there till then may the force be with you

Shök

Smash Champion
yo ronnie, in cesars other smash fest, not the recent one, did you ever call me?

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ceasar Nice Smashfest Even Though I Didnt Have The Chance To Play Nova But Hopefully Soon So Whos Smashfest Is Next Tgm's

}--->andrew Aka Neon<---{

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom