• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Houston thread; Smashfest September 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm interested in playing some smash...

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
WTF! im interested i need to play some people ive been playing the same people for the longest

}--->Andrew AKA Neon<---{

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
well guys I'm interested in playing too I can play this saturday if you guys can on that day it would be cool oh and about the monthly I'm going to post info about it later lol

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i sucked mouf and dk **** all night long at the smashfest..................i was so ****ing horny!!!!!!!!! but i accepted it and took it like man:chuckle:

haxed
lol what crap is thise void or onii and maybe ace iono but a a s s move thise is

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i sucked mouf and dk **** all night long at the smashfest..................i was so ****ing horny!!!!!!!!! but i accepted it and took it like man:chuckle:

haxed
lol what crap is thise void or onii and maybe ace iono but a a s s move thise is

Velox

Smash Ace
hmmm... I miss-judged Roy_R both as a person and skill at the game so it would seem.

He's pretty cool.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
yeah he's really laid back and cool with everyone, trust me i know... he had dinner with my family...

we had kababs, it was terribly awkward

hes colombian... im pakistani

you do the math

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
yeah he's really laid back and cool with everyone, trust me i know... he had dinner with my family...

we had kababs, it was terribly awkward

hes colombian... im pakistani

you do the math
I smell a sitcom! Hurry, tell Fox network.

G@BE

Smash Lord
In the sitcom if roy and asim got mad... could they go around kneeing people

best sig ever
(see below)

Velox

Smash Ace
haha, awesome sig

the Michael Jackson one was awesome too I forgot to mention

I still think Roy_R sucks though s'long as it gets us a crew battle going :p

And Mouf, I'll argue what we were talking about in this thread earlier in person. I don't feel like typing and me and you have had disagreements about how the game is played before (even though you actually play like I think the game should be played you just don't realize it). Hence my stance on why I think certain players are better than others, I almost never base my claims on tournament results, rather I look at each players understanding of the game, tricks, tech skill, spacing, ability to handle pressure, will to win, etc.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love mag
The Burger King at Magnolia isn't so great though. :ohwell:

TGM

Smash Lord
rather I look at each players understanding of the game, tricks, tech skill, spacing, ability to handle pressure, will to win, etc.
dear lord..................................thats worse than my views.

Velox

Smash Ace
I'd love to hear your views :colorful:

They will probably fall under 1 of 2 catagories:

1. Wrong

2. Actually in line with mine, but you don't realize it. BTW, things like camping, patience, etc. fall under "understaning of the game". Things like looking aggressive, but not being aggressive fall under "tricks".

Oh, and I almost forgot good exectution. Execution is another one of those big important things in competitve smash. If you don't have good exectution of what you want to do, it's like cutting your head off, your brain can't interact with you body. It's one thing to think of a trick during a match, but it's another to actually pull it off. Mew2King is one example of amazing execution, one (very large) reason why he is as good as he is. Probably the main difference between him and other pros. Personally, exectution is probably the weakest part of my game.

Jake13

Smash Lord
There is only one way the game can be played, and is meant to be played as such: With two hands (which I don't have anymore.)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Best poem ever.

Aceout92

Smash Apprentice
was up ppls yea haven't had time to come on smash boards but I'm throwing another smash fest soon-ill tell y'all when though-and if anybody can call me to see if they wanna practice at my house-713 377 8516

TGM

Smash Lord
I'd love to hear your views :colorful:

They will probably fall under 1 of 2 catagories:
1. Wrong
2. Actually in line with mine, but you don't realize it. BTW, things like camping, patience, etc. fall under "understaning of the game". Things like looking aggressive, but not being aggressive fall under "tricks".

Oh, and I almost forgot good exectution. Execution is another one of those big important things in competitve smash. If you don't have good exectution of what you want to do, it's like cutting your head off, your brain can't interact with you body. It's one thing to think of a trick during a match, but it's another to actually pull it off. Mew2King is one example of amazing execution, one (very large) reason why he is as good as he is. Probably the main difference between him and other pros. Personally, exectution is probably the weakest part of my game.
sorry my boy but there is no wrong opinion on something. SWF does not govern my thinking as does you guys.

My views/opinions/beliefs are mega simple and easy to grasp...you just have to un-attach yourself to SWF rules and regulations. Me share a little bit with you.

1. Mains MAINs MaInS. its cool to have a 2nd or 3rd char.......but i think that a truly good player is a player who can come across a counter character or counter stage and still stick to his main and still win. That is what i call a TRULY good player.. Ken being the most famous example. yes he doe shave a fox but as the world knows he uses marth on EVERYBODY. there is not a match up where he will NEVER not use marth.

2. Its who you beat,not where you place. Thats how you should determine whos good on a list or ranking. Bad brackets and lack of round robin have made me realize this.

3. Low tier. I have more respect for ANYONE who can MAIN a piece of trash character and hang with the pros or BEAT pros. Dire,Bum,taj,Kirby Kid,chu(yes IC was low tier). I think those guys are far more impressive than M2k,ken,isai,Pc......ect. Seeing marth,fox,falcon,falco and shiek is getting old.

4. Houston/Mag ranking: SideEffect,Roy_R,Sethlon,Gabe,TGM,Mouf,Bear.

Thats all of my OPINIONS for today kids. i have to head back to pasadena and play some more metroid. I think in 3-4 days ill have it beaten. The prime series is MUCH deeper than most realize.

PS: http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_b...ct=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;7

thats a long ban

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
4. Houston/Mag ranking: SideEffect,Roy_R,Sethlon,Gabe,TGM,Mouf,Bear.
Im sorry but this is funny...I have to say this... to be the houstons top players... you just have to be better than either TGM or Mouf.... is this correct?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Argh, I have work, but I could still come around 8:00-ish. Please move it to Saturday, please?

Lol, GG. Mist Finer! That Johnny, always with the coins...

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry but this is funny...I have to say this... to be the houstons top players... you just have to be better than either TGM or Mouf.... is this correct?
sadly nobody has done it, tha best in houston have been the same for awhile i would honestly like to see a new person **** me tho but i just dont see it happening ;(

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
sadly nobody has done it, tha best in houston have been the same for awhile i would honestly like to see a new person **** me tho but i just dont see it happening ;(
ummm james it doesn't seem that you recall the matches that we had at neon's you did not win one against me lol I'm not bashing ok? nor showing off I'm just stating the facts I have beaten you and I have beaten other mag players such as seth again I'm not bashing nor showing off I'm just stating the facst there are many players , such as my self , that aren't getting any credit but oh well lol anyways my point is thats you seemed to be forgetting our matches I did beat all your chars, well you didn't play flaco against me for some reason but I did beat your dk and you peach and you did not win one and it was around 5 matches we did and ronnie was there when it happened lol come this friday and let's see how we are doing again :D lol

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
ceaser = too good

anyway can we can move it to saturday like david said, i got school on friday... also me, apoc nova duke icup will have to go to the mosque since its friday so thats like 6 people already vouching for saturday... just putting that out there

G@BE

Smash Lord
Pizza + sodas + smash = **** yeah!

I'll bring a tv/cube/GG this time.

Hey Alex

You should toatlly give me like 5 dollars and ill drive ya there ;)

You need to get on aim more too :( i miss our random convo's

MY BROTHER IS SLIPPING AWAY :( come back Al!!!

edit

Asim

Maybe he cannot do it on friday... but you should still try and make it seeing as it is like ya know... till 11 at night PLUS!!!

look at that pika sig its amazing
(see below)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
ummm james it doesn't seem that you recall the matches that we had at neon's you did not win one against me lol I'm not bashing ok? nor showing off I'm just stating the facts I have beaten you and I have beaten other mag players such as seth again I'm not bashing nor showing off I'm just stating the facst there are many players , such as my self , that aren't getting any credit but oh well lol anyways my point is thats you seemed to be forgetting our matches I did beat all your chars, well you didn't play flaco against me for some reason but I did beat your dk and you peach and you did not win one and it was around 5 matches we did and ronnie was there when it happened lol come this friday and let's see how we are doing again :D lol
You die from falco cesar... .... crew love.'

Dont worry mouf I will try my best to **** you and allan.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
alright itz a date

but i cant come on friday. just come to allans tourney and we'll play there, we can do mm's if ya want. ceasar ur good i give ya props, but i play to have fun in friendlies, i dont mind if other people keep track of em but i just dont like it when ppl use them to say theyre better than sum1 else. its all good tho dont worry about it, actually i will try to come friday and if i do we can play some, and if you want we can mm

also i dont laser that much ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom