• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Fox Guide: Ledge and Illusion *Video*

DarkAura

Smash Lord
nice guide... turns out iv been doing illusion wrong forever... and at 5:36.. perfect jab lock set up

RPK

Smash Lord
I dont agree with two things in this video...
Ledge hop lasers: The reflector isnt nessicary. Whats better is making it a triple laser back onto the stage, or running off, double jumping back on, and triple lasering with the result being two of them are ground level.

Illusion: I disagree with all of it unfortunatly =/ The illusion doesnt give out enough hit stun to set up any strings and we hardly have any time to move at all after were finished performing it. There is too much after lag. If this was Falco, then yes, Id agree whole heartedly to all of this. However, I think it should be used is to get away from your opponents while still doing damage. Also...Illusion canceling into the long one for extra distance and slidage instead of dropping straight down...

<3 Illusion Cancels

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
I dont agree with two things in this video...
Ledge hop lasers: The reflector isnt nessicary. Whats better is making it a triple laser back onto the stage, or running off, double jumping back on, and triple lasering with the result being two of them are ground level.

Illusion: I disagree with all of it unfortunatly =/ The illusion doesnt give out enough hit stun to set up any strings and we hardly have any time to move at all after were finished performing it. There is too much after lag. If this was Falco, then yes, Id agree whole heartedly to all of this. However, I think it should be used is to get away from your opponents while still doing damage. Also...Illusion canceling into the long one for extra distance and slidage instead of dropping straight down...

<3 Illusion Cancels
I agree with the lazers, shine isn't needed. The Illusion only works at higher percents, and even then they still have time to get out... With the Dair you don't need the shine either, you can just do a rising Dair and it puts you inback of them anyway which can still push them off the ledge. Just thought I'd voice my opinion.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
the illusion is a nice mix up that can easily catch your opponent off guard therefore they can be fairly useful... you just don't use them every time to get back from the ledge

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
Guys, trust me, the illusion stuff works. If you short hop it, and land at the right spot, it leads into utilt. It may not work on everyone, like kirby who is floaty and has a far bair, but majority of the people. The reason I know is because I do it a lot. When they respawn, run off the ledge to run out their invincibilty frames, then depending on how far they walked, illusion and chain utilts. Its fool proof in that if they are too close, you are safe, if they predict you, you can just jump back on the stage regularly.

The purpose of dair isn't to really push them off the map. It leads into jjcs which can lead to gimps.

Edit: skip to 5:24 in the vid to see how to use it. Its basically lagless and puts them at the perfect position

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Yea it really does, its to me at least, Fox's best way to approach only if it makes contact with your opponent (as seen in the video) so you could easily follow it up with a utlit.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i was very intrigued by the Dthrow illusion> ftilt (i think thats what it was)

that looks like an ideal but slightly situational jab lock setup

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Illusion isn't safe, if only because roll back > illusion. Pretty much any character can spot dodge, or roll back, and put Fox in a whole lot of pain...

However, as a mix up... or possibly after the dthrow, I think it's valuable

Jenkins

Smash Lord
i hope everyone was doing this since the release of brawl because i sure was
"hi guyz im r00kie and im pro

i used to main fox, lied about dropping him, and then mindgamed everyone and picked him back up"

okay rookie.

its okay.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Illusion isn't safe, if only because roll back > illusion. Pretty much any character can spot dodge, or roll back, and put Fox in a whole lot of pain...

However, as a mix up... or possibly after the dthrow, I think it's valuable
I agree with this.

Top Bottom