• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Diddy Throw Trick

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Probably already known, but you can also try this:

If a banana is on a platform, short hop -> Z catch -> throw/z-drop...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Lol that pisses me off evertime a Diddy does it on me.
its really predictible if u ask me >_<. a mindgame is just if he catches it and stares at u o.o mindfuk indeed xD and it is called instant ground toss ty tyho for sharing :3

TreK

Is "that guy"
yeah it's called instant ground toss, even tho i use it in the air many more time than on the floor o_O'
so i've been calling it "catch cancelled toss" or CCT for a couple months now

T3h Albino

Smash Master
atleast the diddy kong boards arent ***** about this kind of thing *people posting things we already know*
unlike other boards <_< but yeah instant ground toss ;3

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just to add a slight varient to this that most of you probably know:

When you are landing you can pick up a banana by pressing the z button (the banana already being on the ground) and throw it immediately by pressing c-stick/a. I know, simple, but it will catch people offguard tons because it is like the banana never even enters your hand.

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
Best way i do it is when someone throws the banana at you u can throw it back as if u had it in your hands the whole time.

Right before the banana hits you airdodge + a or c stick in the direction u want to throw the banana. Catches so many people off guard and lets you continue your diddy combo flow.

I tried it with z and i think it works but Sheild buttons work best to me(L/R)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This is a stupid thing I've discovered yesterday.

- The Italian Noobish Dance (IDK if it was already discovered, but let's give things a name)

How to Perform: 1) Grab an item and hold A, OR dash attack and hold A;
2) Tap C-Stick nort-west or north-east (in a direction between up and backward/forward you)
3) WHAT WHAT

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZAhArskrIA&feature=channel_page
As silly as this looks, I think it could possible add to Diddy's metagame. At high level play, you can throw in these sort of feints every now and then to bait the opponent to spotdodge or something, and punish them for it. Its exactly how feints work in boxing.

Player-1

Smash Legend
As silly as this looks, I think it could possible add to Diddy's metagame. At high level play, you can throw in these sort of feints every now and then to bait the opponent to spotdodge or something, and punish them for it. Its exactly how feints work in boxing.
Do you know if you can do the AT again after you've already done it? So you're constantly throwing and catching it?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Do you know if you can do the AT again after you've already done it? So you're constantly throwing and catching it?
It just tried it, I don't think it works... Plus look at that video, it might be a stupid joke.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im doing the first part but the 2nd part was seriously a fluke LOL u brought my hopes up : < DARN U!!

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
how about, no one expects useless mindgames, which makes their uselessness a mindgame >_>?

Top Bottom