• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Honestly I don't really care about the characters that we will get as long as they are fun and with an original gameplay. I'd like to see a character whose gameplay would be all about his taunts which would give the character different boosts and some other things, like Q from Third Strike whose gameplay is all about getting a (hard) knockdown and go for a taunt to level up his stamina. I thought it was quite original and fun.

Oh, and Ridley.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Honestly I don't really care about the characters that we will get as long as they are fun and with an original gameplay. I'd like to see a character whose gameplay would be all about his taunts which would give the character different boosts and some other things, like Q from Third Strike whose gameplay is all about getting a (hard) knockdown and go for a taunt to level up his stamina. I thought it was quite original and fun.

Oh, and Ridley.
Basically Shulk...

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
1 Vote:
- Micaiah: Compared to all the other Fire Emblem reps. and candidates, I think she'd be a very unique inclusion into P:M; she brings more than a swordsman in my book. Plus, who wouldn't want to beat up a Mary Sue? Dat female representation tho?
- Waluigi: P:M needs that joke (silly) character and Waluigi is the embodiment of silliness; we can't take him seriously since he's never been in a real Mario game. Plus marioking's PSA is testament that he can get an actual moveset that can work.

Half-Vote:
- Black Shadow / Ganondorf: This one's pretty controversial, does F-Zero need additional representation even if it means bye-bye to Falcondorf?

-1 Vote:
- Pichu: Even if the whole Pichu Bros. thing is real, it would be such a shame to give an over-represented series more representation and I don't think Pichu is worth bringing back.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
+1 vote:
I'll place a vote for Sami. Advance Wars is one of the last few franchises left that has very little representation in Smash, so I'd like to see that gap filled.

1/2 votes:
Dixie Kong gets one. The DK series needs more love, especially after getting shafted quite hard in Smash 4.
Lip is a personal favourite of mine, so one for her too.

-1 votes:
Pichu, as Pokemon is very well represented as it is. We don't really need him.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I really wish to see Sami and Isaac make it in to Project M, both are great characters with impressive Series behind them, these two could bring something awesome to the roster and maybe some new levels based on their franchises.

.n_n.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Isaac and Sami get my vote!

My downvote goes to Pichu, sorry Pichu fans.
You need to put that in a way the vote counters can keep track of.

Something like:

+1
Issac
Sami

Pichu: *Must insert reason for downvoting here*

Or at least that's how it was when I frequented this thread. It may be different now.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
SAMI!
And of course, Issac. (+1 for both)

Both are amazing choices that people have wanted in Smash for a while. (Or in Sami's case, an Advance Wars rep in general)

-1 Pichu

Lol Pichu.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
+1 for Sami, as she represents an un-represented series, and holds the distinction of not being present in Brawl in physical form, which makes her far more interesting than upgrading Assist Trophies or reintroducing Melee cuts.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I vote for Sami. I'd love to see what you guys can come up with Sami, there can be rifles, mini tanks involved, lots of strategy should be involved in her playstyle.
I vote for Skull Kid too.

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Just making sure I understand the rules: I can vote one point to 5 characters and every character after that would get 1/2 points?

Anyways here's some of my picks:
+1 Sami
+1 Andy
I've come to terms with the fact that unless there's something cool hiding in the Wii U version of Sm4sh, this series is just not gonna be prominent, and it certainly won't get a character. As such, Project M is my last shot for seeing a representative join the battle. I'd be satisfied enough with seeing Sami as a Snake semi clone with bazooka-swinging melee attacks (heck, since Snake actually doesn't have the missile special and rocket launcher FSmash anymore; maybe Sami could have them?) but even then depending on what's possible it'd be cool to see the series's CO powers implemented or maybe giving Andy a Pikmin-esque unit management game. Development-wise Sami would probably be a much easier character to implement while still staying true to the character, though.

+1 Issac
I admit I haven't played nearly enough Golden Sun, but I played enough to know that Issac has a lot of cool ideas to be explored with the Move Psynergy alone. He could shove dudes around, summon a giant fist for his forward smash, lots of cool stuff. And of course that isn't getting into his earth-based magic.

+1/2 Waluigi: I've got a soft spot for him, and I've already seen mods of him floating around
+1/2 Black Shadow/Ganondorf split: Black Shadow is a freaking badass, though I admit that at this point I'm kinda accustomed to seeing Captain Falcondorf
+1/2 King K. Rool

Looking at the page numbers I'm sure many of these points have already been made buuuuuut...I already wrote it all up so yeah. Also, if I've made a mistake with how the polling works please let me know and I'll fix it up when I can.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
+1 Sami
+1 Isaac

I think both Advance Wars and Golden Sun are sorely deserving of some Smash Bros action. They're the main two franchises left in which their absence on the roster of the official games really irks me.

+1 Ray MK III
+1 Sukapon
+1 Lip

I like these three characters and think they have potential to add something interesting.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Warning Received
Stop lying to us.

We all know Shin and Sol are secretly using a program designed by Shin's clones that calculates the vote totals.

That's why the official vote tallies have been off ever since.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think both Advance Wars and Golden Sun are sorely deserving of some Smash Bros action. They're the main two franchises left in which their absence on the roster of the official games really irks me.
I don't know whether to be happy or feel bad for Golden Sun fans over Isaac's AT and trophy not appearing in SSB3DS. I can't tell if it's a slap in the face for the series or a hopeful sign of an upcoming DLC appearance. Both series have been pretty sorely neglected, sadly.

Woah, Sami's popular today.
All aboard the hype APC convoy! :grin:

As an aside, seeing the most recent Art Tuesday has made me incredibly hyped for 3.5, whether or not it comes with any additional characters. I can't wait!

Last edited:

archedmaid

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if there's a point to post my super awesome Bowser Jr. move set, sorta like my Young Link.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I think Sami's final smash should be Nell lecturing her as to what a building is for the fourth time despite being the expert at building capture.

Seriously, why are Orange Star COs so incompetent?

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Perfect idea for Sami's alternate costume:

Its her (canonical) alternate costume from Dual Strike. Its very classy and stylish.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think Sami's final smash should be Nell lecturing her as to what a building is for the fourth time despite being the expert at building capture.

Seriously, why are Orange Star COs so incompetent?
Andy's the only one who's really incompetent. Sami sits through refresher courses because she's a dutiful soldier.

It really comes down to Nell just loving to hear herself talk. :p

Perfect idea for Sami's alternate costume:

Its her (canonical) alternate costume from Dual Strike. Its very classy and stylish.
The civvies are great! Nothing beats Jugger's, though.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Bowser Jr doesn't look that cool in Smash 4, what a gyp I would have liked to see a Jr done similar to how I was thinking.
That is unfortunate, but that is the guidelines the PMDT has given us to go by. It is better than Project M getting a Cease and Desist Notice for posing as competition towards Smash 4.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Andy's the only one who's really incompetent. Sami sits through refresher courses because she's a dutiful soldier.

It really comes down to Nell just loving to hear herself talk. :p
I'm pretty sure there's an actual piece of dialogue where she asks what a building is.

Maybe I'm misremembering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom