• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It's known that Sakurai developed the six clones from very old interviews. If you want me to dig up the forum post on the subject I'll be happy too - that and Sakurai's comments on Lucina make it plain that they were last-minute additions and didn't take up much time.

Frankly, it could've been any costume-esque characters. He chose was he chose, and people would've complained regardless. If Dixie and Alph were in over Dark Pit and Doc, you would've had the same cries of "Why would you make them clones". When adding last minute clones, there's no

And I know Nintendo was bad at the internet game last gen, but they've proven they're more than competent enough to handle DLC add-ons and good online. Look at MK8. The whole "release the game complete" is fine, but this is a multiplayer, soon-to-be-massively popular game that gets tons of online support. As a player of games like TF2 and Minecraft, I'm fine with add-ons post release even if they're DLC.

Maybe he didn't see it being worth it if they didn't have their duo gimmick? They were totally defined by that, even more so than Zelda and Sheik were by their transformations. I would've preferred Sopo rather than a strraight cut, but if he couldn't keep the duo gimmick with something as complex as Nana's AI, then maybe he just scrapped them to work on other characters as opposed to re-inventing them.

It's evident the two as a duo were cut because of 3DS limitations. Whether or not it would've been worth the time to separate them is a different story.

Now I will try and make a K. Rool moveset and maybe come up with my other votes
I can't believe anyone who would seriously believe that IC's were cut due to not working when we have Rosalina and Luma.

Who dont even mimic each other a frame later at that.

andsushi

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'd like to toss in my votes, I suppose.

However, I had a character idea, asked about it on Reddit's /r/SSBPM, was told by a PM representative to post it in the General Discussion area, posted it, was told it belonged here, but it looks like the candidates are already locked in. Is it too late to suggest a character?

If so, I'll vote on the ones I'd like to see. If not, however, I would like to cast one of my votes for my suggested character.
That said, I'll post my votes, then a detailed description of the character I hope to add to the vote.

1. Skullkid - Skullkid is my favorite antagonist from any Zelda game. He was my most wanted character in SSB4.
2. Krystal- A staff user would be magnificent.
3. Ridley- Metroid needs a new rep, and the series needs more villains. Plus playing as Ridley would just be neat.
4. Black Shadow/Ganondorf- Ganondorf has been in need of his own moveset since they put him in, plus it'd be great to have another F-Zero character and villain on the roster.
5. Issac- I don't know much about him, but he seems like he could be an exciting addition to the roster.

Now, for my character, if it's a possibility (and if so, I'd like to retract my vote from Issac and give it to Alexandra Roivas).

Alright, so after seeing her pop up in several discussion recently, filling me with nostalgia, I had an idea for a new Smash character, and to go along with the character, I think I have an idea for a new, fun mechanic that she would be able to utilize. I asked about whether or not this community took new character ideas into serious consideration or not, and I was told by one of the SSBPM project representatives that you guys do, and that this would be the place to post what I've come up with. Keep in mind, I have no experience with software or coding, or anything like that, so if my ideas don't transfer well from concept to reality, I won't be too upset. That said, here's what I have:

Name:
Alexandra Roivas

Franchise Represented:
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Gamecube)

I've never heard of "Eternal Darkness." What is it?
For the many of you who have probably never even heard of Eternal Darkness, it is Nintendo's first ever "M" rated game, as far as I am aware. It is heavily influenced by the works of the horror writer H.P. Lovecraft, delving into themes like insanity, eldtrich abominations, cults, and the horror and mysteries of the unknown. Although it remained obscure among the large franchises like Mario and Zelda, it was wildly popular among fans of the horror/mystery/thriller genre, and garnered a a huge cult following. It remains a unique game, with Nintendo having a copyright on the "Sanity" system within the game. A sequel has been planned for the Wii U, but remains on indefinite hiatus, as the company designing the new sequel is currently in bad financial shape.
If you'll allow me to add my own bit of worthless conjecture, Eternal Darkness was, hands down, my favorite Gamecube game, and remains one of my favorite video games, to date.

Does Nintendo own Eternal Darkness?
Yes, actually. The company Silicon Knights developed the game under a Nintendo contract (making it second-party, just like Pokemon and Xenoblade). Nintendo also owns the Intellectual Property, patents on various unique elements of the game, and funded the entire project.

Okay, well, who is Alexandra Roivas?
Alexandra (or Alex, for short) is the protagonist of Eternal Darkness. WIthout giving away any spoilers to the plot of the game, Alex is called to visit the estate, and help investigate the mysterious murder of her grandfather, Edward Roivas. Upon discovering a secret room in the mansion, containing a book called the Tome of Eternal Darkness, she discovers that there are horrors outside of our reality, manipulating our world, and ultimately ends up in a faceoff against the eldritch forces.

Why does Alexandra Roivas deserve a spot on the roster?
Eternal Darkness represents a genre untouched and unrepresented in Smash Bros - The horror/mystery/thriller genre. It is the first ever "M" rated Intellectual Property owned by Nintendo, and Alex is the main character of it. Further, although there were some significant additions in SM4SH, female characters are under represented in the series. Moreover, she would be a fighter that relied on a mixture of melee and magic based attacks, on top of the fact that her proposed "Sanity" mechanic could set her character apart as highly unique. Finally, even though she does not appear in Brawl in any form, her character design (face, hair, and body) is almost identical to ZSS, meaning a re-skin of ZSS with a black tank top, jeans, slightly darker hair, might be a good base to work from, mainly just having to add the gladius.

Possible Franchise Symbol
I actually found this through another user on these boards, also requesting this character, so credit goes to him for making and/or finding it. (note 1: she does have a sizable following, as seen by the multiple requests for her; note 2: Instead of just posting my support in the other poster's thread, besides the fact that it's on the SM4SH section of the site, my concept for Alex has a completely different moveset, with a possibly unique mechanic.)

Moveset
Alex's moveset will rely on close quarters physical attacks, as well as a variety of magical attacks, summons, and her unique "Sanity" mechanic. Anytime you see an attack named with a long, odd looking name (ex. Chattur'gha Bankorok Santak), the move will be accompanied by the appropriate spell casting sound clip from the game. The audio for these spells can be heard here (shortened versions of these spell incantations are also available).
Xel'lotath: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft_9unzXgDM&list=UUg82h-t8jxZr3hYx3U2VS7Q
Chattur'gha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jUXuIuWQ3g&list=UUg82h-t8jxZr3hYx3U2VS7Q
Ulyaoth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySXKnQMUVJg&list=UUg82h-t8jxZr3hYx3U2VS7Q
Mantorok: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcWw4vXrkMA&list=UUg82h-t8jxZr3hYx3U2VS7Q

Note: Honestly, I don't care if you decide to change up her melee moves, tilts, grabs, or whatever; I'm just really excited about her B specials (especially the Xel'lotath sanity mechanic and the summon creature ability).​

1. Standard A: Horizontal Gladius strike.
  2. A + A + A Combo: Horizontal gladius strike, forward gladius stab, forward kick.
  3. Dash Attack: bottom to top diagonal gladius strike.
  4. A + Up Smash: Stabs gladius upward.
  5. A + Up Smash (Fully Charged): “Chattur’gha Bankorok Santak- protect self” – Same as regular Up Smash, however four small energy balls swirl around Alex, then follow the weapon strike upward, hitting the enemy. Each one that hits the enemy deals 2 damage with zero or very minimal knockback, and heals Alex 2 percentage points. This could also be used to send the projectiles upward to hit an enemy further in the air, in hopes of healing a few percentage points, if they contact. You can see the swirling energy balls about 31 seconds into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYLqTuRZqMU
  6. A + Side Smash: Overhanded gladius strike with both hands. Press A again to follow up with a single handed backhand gladius strike.
  7. A + Side Smash (Fully Charged): Same as “A + Side,” but with a small magical burst effect.
  8. A + Down Smash: “Ulyaoth Bankorok Redgormor- Damage Field” – Alex kneels down and shoves her gladius into the ground. Glyphs appear on the ground, one right after the other on each side of Alex, shining small pillars of light upwards. Bottom of the light pillars have typical “smash” power, while the top of the light pillar only deals slight damage with no knockback. These may also shield Alex from projectiles, as long as they are up.
  9. A + Down Smash (Fully Charged): Same as “A+Down Smash” but ends with a burst of magical energy emanating out from Alex.
  10. Standard B: “(Chattur’gha/Ulyaoth/Xel’lotath/Mantorok) Antorbok Magormor- Enchant Weapon” – Alex will hold her gladius above her head as three glyphs appear on the ground around her, and from them colorful, electrical-looking streams of magic make their way up from the ground, to the gladius. Immediately, you’ll hear a voice and see a corresponding color to indicate which power you’re evoking. Simply releasing the B button and pressing it again will begin evoking a different power. The three most common, and probably in a fixed order will be Chattur’gha (Red), Ulyaoth (Blue), and Xel’lotath (Green). Very rarely a fourth color, Mantorok (Purple) will appear in the cycle, this being the most powerful. Fully charging each of these (which is completed when the voice finishes the incantation (“ “ Antorbok Magormor), respectively, gives Alex different benefits. You can see how the enchant item spell looks in this video, at about the 45 second mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLyJZCd5O5k
    1. Chattur’gha (Red) – Alex’s weapon glows red for a short duration of time and allows her weapon strikes to deal increased damage, and slightly increased knockback.
    2. Ulyaoth (Blue) – Alex’s weapon glows blue for a short duration of time. Any time Alex would use a physical attack, the attack is accompanied by one of a couple magical projectiles. Some of these projectiles may include a slight stun effect.
    3. Xel’lotath (Green) – Alex’s weapon glows green for a short duration of time. During this time, if Alex lands a physical attack on an opponent, the opponent will receive a green aura for a small period of time. While the opponent is effected by this aura, various “Sanity” effects will plague them. Only one or two of the following will happen before the sanity aura wears off. Also, please feel free to add your own suggestions to the sanity effects, as this is not intended to be a comprehensive list of possible "Sanity" ailments:
      1. A worm from the “Eternal Darkness” series (scaled down), will burst out from the ground just as an opponent reaches the height of his first jump, and will pull the opponent back toward the ground, forcefully.
      2. A void or vortex will quickly materialize in front of the effected opponent, a green hand or red claw will reach out from it, grab the opponent, and throw them in a random direction.
      3. The opponent shrinks in size for a small period of time.
      4. Small bugs will start appearing on the opponent, making him increasingly slower for a small period of time.
      5. Ghostly apparitions will quickly appear next to the opponent, attack, then disappear.
      6. Physical (A) attacks my strike in the opposite direction they were originally aimed at random times.
      7. Mist will enshroud the opponent for a brief period of time, causing obstruction of view.
      8. Opponent becomes surrounded by a swarm of flying insects (not to the point of obstructing his view) and continually takes small amounts of damages while fighting, for a short period of time.
      9. An item may appear, randomly, in the opponent’s hand. When used, instead of attacking the opponent stares at it for a brief period of time. Must be dropped.
      10. A second Alex Roivas may appear (from where the Alex player is standing) for a brief time, acting like a level 9 computer, but has no physical presence (cannot be hit, deal damage [thought it appears to be attacking], and will not slow down a character’s momentum if run into). Dissipates upon being hit.
      11. Opponent may slip on a puddle of blood.
      12. Opponent’s jump heights and fall speeds may rapidly speed up or slow down, in quick succession.
      13. The opponent’s damage percentage may read 999% for a few seconds.
    4. Mantorok (Purple) – Alex’s weapon glows purple for a short duration of time. During this time, Alex gains the abilities of all three other possible colors, simultaneously.
  11. Standard B (Air): Same as “Standard B” but Alex will float to the ground as the weapon becomes enchanted. The glyphs may appear, instead, in the air while she falls, since there is no ground.
  12. B + Up: “Transcend Space” – Three magical rings appear around Alex’s feet, one right after the other, then shoot upward in quick succession, making Alex disappear after the last ring. Alex will teleport and reappear in the indicated direction, much like Zelda or Mewtwo’s teleport. If Alex reappears close enough to an opponent, the opponent will receive slight damage with no knockback, but will be teleported, in the same fashion, to one of the four player starting zones (or higher up in the air above one of the aforementioned starting zones). Which of these zones they reappear at is determined at random. You can see the teleportation effect in this video, at the 4:55 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLAoDE429A
  13. B + Up (Air): Same as “B + Up”
  14. B + Down: “Xel’lotath Tier Aretak – Summon Creature” – In a randomly determined cycle, Alex will summon either a Trapper, Bonethief, Gatekeeper, Zombie, Vampire, Horror, Guardian, and on very rare occasions the Xel’lotath Black Guardian. Alex may only summon one creature at a time, and once it is summoned, it acts independently of Alex, roaming the battlefield, itself. Each creature has a set amount of HP, and can be KO’d like a normal combatant, however, they will disappear on their own, after a short time, as well. Alex can kill these creatures, but the creatures have no effect on her. Here is a link with pictures and descriptions of each monster: http://eternaldarkness.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Enemies
    1. Zombie- Very slow, but with a long reach. A zombie’s regular swipe will deal a fair amount of damage and knockback, akin to a slightly less powerful smash attack.
    2. Trapper- Small and very fast. Trappers can also jump to reach a player, but not very high. If a player is touched by a trapper, the trapper will immediately disappear, dealing a quick burst of damage and teleporting the opponent that it touched to (or above) one of the four player starting zones on the stage (same as the effect detailed in “Up + B”).
    3. Bonethief- Very quick, can jump fairly high, and will attack for small amounts of damage with its claws. Bonethief will pursue and attempt to “possess” an opponent by burrowing into them. If a player becomes possessed he will become stunned and take a considerable amount of damage.
    4. Gatekeeper- Fairly quick, and will float around in the air. If a player enters the air (through jumping, knockback, etc.)in the vicinity of the Gatekeeper, the Gatekeeper will flare out its wings, quickly move toward the opponent, and stab them with its tail.
    5. Vampire- Will follow a player around, occasionally attacking with its claws. However, the vampire’s gaze will constantly drain health from the opponent it is locked onto.
    6. Horror- Large enemy with average speed and jump. Hits with very powerful attacks and can sometimes cause a “sanity aura” effect on opponents it damages.
    7. Guardian- Will rarely move around the battlefield, but will cast powerful magical attacks to anyone who comes close to it. If damaged, it will quickly transform into a ball of light and fly to another location, damaging any opponents the ball of light hits along the way.
    8. Xel’lotath’s Black Guardian- On very, very rare occasions a scaled down version of Xel’lotath’s Black Guardian will appear. XBG is very fast and very powerful. When not attacking physically it will have several other attacks: 1) Fires green exploding projectiles. 2) Charges up a green ball of energy in each of its four hands then fires out all four streams simultaneously. Each meets in the middle and forms one larger stream. The stream attaches to an opponent’s head, slowing them down and rapidly dealing damage. The opponent may try to break free. 3. XBG will spread out two arms, then will clap his other two hands together, above his head. A pillar of green energy will quickly materialize around an opponent and shoot upward. The opponent has a very small dodge window for this attack. XBG has a significant amount of HP, and when attacked will recite one of the following lines from the Black Guardian boss battles in Eternal Darkness: "Are you trying to fight me or entertain me, little one?"// "Your weapons will not work against me, fool! Only the interplay of wits and magick can save your mind, if you can use them." // "You bore me, flesh and bone…” // “Your weapons are weak... useless! Come close, feel the might of my wrath." // "My machinations are timeless... your life is not." // "The tools of your puerile civilization are of no use against the Power of the Planes. Magick is your only hope, if you have any at all." Xel'lotath's Black Guardian can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHGoUKfVuAk
  15. B + Down (Air): No effect.
  16. B + Side: “Chattur’gha Antorbok Redgormor – Magikal Attack” – Alex fires a crescent shaped wave of red energy out in front of her. A smaller wave also fires out from behind.
  17. B + Side (Air): Same as “B + Side.”
  18. A + Up Tilt: Single handed overhead gladius swing.
  19. A + Down Tilt: Gets down on one knee and stabs the gladius diagonally forward into the ground.
  20. A + Forward Tilt: Fires a quick revolver/or sawn-off shotgun shot, then puts away the gun.
  21. Neutral A Air: diagonal top left to bottom right gladius slash.
  22. Forward A Air: Vertical bottom to top gladius slash.
  23. Upward A Air: Raises her palm upward and fires out a short pillar of magical energy.
  24. Downward A Air: Points her gladius downward and sends out a small burst of magic. Has a spread effect if it hits a surface.
  25. Backward A Air: Fires her revolver/ (or) sawn-off shotgun toward the opposite direction she is currently facing.
  26. Grab + A: Pummels with the hilt of the gladius.
  27. Throw + Up: A glyph of magic materializes below the opponent and then shoots up a concentrated pillar of light, sending the opponent high into the air.
  28. Throw + Down: A void opens in the floor, the enemy is flung into it, the void quickly reappears above Alex, dropping the enemy from the air, giving Alex a chance for an easy follow-up attack.
  29. Throw + Side: Shoves the enemy forward and follows up with a diagonal bottom to top gladius slash.
  30. Throw + Back: Turns and throws the enemy, finishing up with a powerful gladius slash.
  31. Edge Attack: Stabs forward while climbing up.
  32. Edge Attack (Above 100%): Slashes forward while climbing up, releasing a thin trail of magical energy that runs along the ground for a few feet.
  33. Get-Up Attack: Stands up quickly, and a burst of magical energy emanates from Alex.
  34. Final Smash: “Sanity’s Requiem” – A large portal appears in front of Alex, and a mass of writhing, light-blue tentacles burst through. Some strike enemies, having heavy damage and knockback, others might grab enemies and toss them a significant distance toward the edge of the screen. Alex then yells "What have I done!?" and closes the portal.
  35. D Pad Taunts
    1. Up Taunt- Alex will leaf through a few pages of the Tome of Eternal Darkness.
    2. Side Taunt- Disembodied whispering voices are heard (from the game). Alex turns around quickly and suspiciously aims her gun at something, then puts it away.
    3. Down Taunt- Alex puts her hands over her ears, crouches down a little and yells “This can’t be happening!”
Entrance Animation:

Alex materializes via teleportation rings.

Kirby Hat:
Appearance: B
londe hair with ponytail. Ability: Basically identical to Alex's B Special, but instead of having a gladius, Kirby, himself glows the enchanted color.​

Shin F.

Smash Master
Okay, I'd like to toss in my votes, I suppose.

However, I had a character idea, asked about it on Reddit's /r/SSBPM, was told by a PM representative to post it in the General Discussion area, posted it, was told it belonged here, but it looks like the candidates are already locked in. Is it too late to suggest a character?

If so, I'll vote on the ones I'd like to see. If not, however, I would like to cast one of my votes for my suggested character.
That said, I'll post my votes, then a detailed description of the character I hope to add to the vote.

1. Skullkid - Skullkid is my favorite antagonist from any Zelda game. He was my most wanted character in SSB4.
2. Krystal- A staff user would be magnificent.
3. Ridley- Metroid needs a new rep, and the series needs more villains. Plus playing as Ridley would just be neat.
4. Black Shadow/Ganondorf- Ganondorf has been in need of his own moveset since they put him in, plus it'd be great to have another F-Zero character and villain on the roster.
5. Issac- I don't know much about him, but he seems like he could be an exciting addition to the roster.

Now, for my character, if it's a possibility (and if so, I'd like to retract my vote from Issac and give it to Alexandra Roivas).

Alright, so after seeing her pop up in several discussion recently, filling me with nostalgia, I had an idea for a new Smash character, and to go along with the character, I think I have an idea for a new, fun mechanic that she would be able to utilize. I asked about whether or not this community took new character ideas into serious consideration or not, and I was told by one of the SSBPM project representatives that you guys do, and that this would be the place to post what I've come up with. Keep in mind, I have no experience with software or coding, or anything like that, so if my ideas don't transfer well from concept to reality, I won't be too upset. That said, here's what I have:

Name:
Alexandra Roivas

Franchise Represented:
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Gamecube)

I've never heard of "Eternal Darkness." What is it?
For the many of you who have probably never even heard of Eternal Darkness, it is Nintendo's first ever "M" rated game, as far as I am aware. It is heavily influenced by the works of the horror writer H.P. Lovecraft, delving into themes like insanity, eldtrich abominations, cults, and the horror and mysteries of the unknown. Although it remained obscure among the large franchises like Mario and Zelda, it was wildly popular among fans of the horror/mystery/thriller genre, and garnered a a huge cult following. It remains a unique game, with Nintendo having a copyright on the "Sanity" system within the game. A sequel has been planned for the Wii U, but remains on indefinite hiatus, as the company designing the new sequel is currently in bad financial shape.
If you'll allow me to add my own bit of worthless conjecture, Eternal Darkness was, hands down, my favorite Gamecube game, and remains one of my favorite video games, to date.

Does Nintendo own Eternal Darkness?
Yes, actually. The company Silicon Knights developed the game under a Nintendo contract (making it second-party, just like Pokemon and Xenoblade). Nintendo also owns the Intellectual Property, patents on various unique elements of the game, and funded the entire project.

Okay, well, who is Alexandra Roivas?
Alexandra (or Alex, for short) is the protagonist of Eternal Darkness. WIthout giving away any spoilers to the plot of the game, Alex is called to visit the estate, and help investigate the mysterious murder of her grandfather, Edward Roivas. Upon discovering a secret room in the mansion, containing a book called the Tome of Eternal Darkness, she discovers that there are horrors outside of our reality, manipulating our world, and ultimately ends up in a faceoff against the eldritch forces.

Why does Alexandra Roivas deserve a spot on the roster?
Eternal Darkness represents a genre untouched and unrepresented in Smash Bros - The horror/mystery/thriller genre. It is the first ever "M" rated Intellectual Property owned by Nintendo, and Alex is the main character of it. Further, although there were some significant additions in SM4SH, female characters are under represented in the series. Moreover, she would be a fighter that relied on a mixture of melee and magic based attacks, on top of the fact that her proposed "Sanity" mechanic could set her character apart as highly unique. Finally, even though she does not appear in Brawl in any form, her character design (face, hair, and body) is almost identical to ZSS, meaning a re-skin of ZSS with a black tank top, jeans, slightly darker hair, might be a good base to work from, mainly just having to add the gladius.

Possible Franchise Symbol
I actually found this through another user on these boards, also requesting this character, so credit goes to him for making and/or finding it. (note 1: she does have a sizable following, as seen by the multiple requests for her; note 2: Instead of just posting my support in the other poster's thread, besides the fact that it's on the SM4SH section of the site, my concept for Alex has a completely different moveset, with a possibly unique mechanic.)

Moveset
Alex's moveset will rely on close quarters physical attacks, as well as a variety of magical attacks, summons, and her unique "Sanity" mechanic. Anytime you see an attack named with a long, odd looking name (ex. Chattur'gha Bankorok Santak), the move will be accompanied by the appropriate spell casting sound clip from the game. The audio for these spells can be heard here (shortened versions of these spell incantations are also available).
Xel'lotath: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft_9unzXgDM&list=UUg82h-t8jxZr3hYx3U2VS7Q
Chattur'gha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jUXuIuWQ3g&list=UUg82h-t8jxZr3hYx3U2VS7Q
Ulyaoth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySXKnQMUVJg&list=UUg82h-t8jxZr3hYx3U2VS7Q
Mantorok: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcWw4vXrkMA&list=UUg82h-t8jxZr3hYx3U2VS7Q

Note: Honestly, I don't care if you decide to change up her melee moves, tilts, grabs, or whatever; I'm just really excited about her B specials (especially the Xel'lotath sanity mechanic and the summon creature ability).​

1. Standard A: Horizontal Gladius strike.
  2. A + A + A Combo: Horizontal gladius strike, forward gladius stab, forward kick.
  3. Dash Attack: bottom to top diagonal gladius strike.
  4. A + Up Smash: Stabs gladius upward.
  5. A + Up Smash (Fully Charged): “Chattur’gha Bankorok Santak- protect self” – Same as regular Up Smash, however four small energy balls swirl around Alex, then follow the weapon strike upward, hitting the enemy. Each one that hits the enemy deals 2 damage with zero or very minimal knockback, and heals Alex 2 percentage points. This could also be used to send the projectiles upward to hit an enemy further in the air, in hopes of healing a few percentage points, if they contact. You can see the swirling energy balls about 31 seconds into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYLqTuRZqMU
  6. A + Side Smash: Overhanded gladius strike with both hands. Press A again to follow up with a single handed backhand gladius strike.
  7. A + Side Smash (Fully Charged): Same as “A + Side,” but with a small magical burst effect.
  8. A + Down Smash: “Ulyaoth Bankorok Redgormor- Damage Field” – Alex kneels down and shoves her gladius into the ground. Glyphs appear on the ground, one right after the other on each side of Alex, shining small pillars of light upwards. Bottom of the light pillars have typical “smash” power, while the top of the light pillar only deals slight damage with no knockback. These may also shield Alex from projectiles, as long as they are up.
  9. A + Down Smash (Fully Charged): Same as “A+Down Smash” but ends with a burst of magical energy emanating out from Alex.
  10. Standard B: “(Chattur’gha/Ulyaoth/Xel’lotath/Mantorok) Antorbok Magormor- Enchant Weapon” – Alex will hold her gladius above her head as three glyphs appear on the ground around her, and from them colorful, electrical-looking streams of magic make their way up from the ground, to the gladius. Immediately, you’ll hear a voice and see a corresponding color to indicate which power you’re evoking. Simply releasing the B button and pressing it again will begin evoking a different power. The three most common, and probably in a fixed order will be Chattur’gha (Red), Ulyaoth (Blue), and Xel’lotath (Green). Very rarely a fourth color, Mantorok (Purple) will appear in the cycle, this being the most powerful. Fully charging each of these (which is completed when the voice finishes the incantation (“ “ Antorbok Magormor), respectively, gives Alex different benefits. You can see how the enchant item spell looks in this video, at about the 45 second mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLyJZCd5O5k
    1. Chattur’gha (Red) – Alex’s weapon glows red for a short duration of time and allows her weapon strikes to deal increased damage, and slightly increased knockback.
    2. Ulyaoth (Blue) – Alex’s weapon glows blue for a short duration of time. Any time Alex would use a physical attack, the attack is accompanied by one of a couple magical projectiles. Some of these projectiles may include a slight stun effect.
    3. Xel’lotath (Green) – Alex’s weapon glows green for a short duration of time. During this time, if Alex lands a physical attack on an opponent, the opponent will receive a green aura for a small period of time. While the opponent is effected by this aura, various “Sanity” effects will plague them. Only one or two of the following will happen before the sanity aura wears off. Also, please feel free to add your own suggestions to the sanity effects, as this is not intended to be a comprehensive list of possible "Sanity" ailments:
      1. A worm from the “Eternal Darkness” series (scaled down), will burst out from the ground just as an opponent reaches the height of his first jump, and will pull the opponent back toward the ground, forcefully.
      2. A void or vortex will quickly materialize in front of the effected opponent, a green hand or red claw will reach out from it, grab the opponent, and throw them in a random direction.
      3. The opponent shrinks in size for a small period of time.
      4. Small bugs will start appearing on the opponent, making him increasingly slower for a small period of time.
      5. Ghostly apparitions will quickly appear next to the opponent, attack, then disappear.
      6. Physical (A) attacks my strike in the opposite direction they were originally aimed at random times.
      7. Mist will enshroud the opponent for a brief period of time, causing obstruction of view.
      8. Opponent becomes surrounded by a swarm of flying insects (not to the point of obstructing his view) and continually takes small amounts of damages while fighting, for a short period of time.
      9. An item may appear, randomly, in the opponent’s hand. When used, instead of attacking the opponent stares at it for a brief period of time. Must be dropped.
      10. A second Alex Roivas may appear (from where the Alex player is standing) for a brief time, acting like a level 9 computer, but has no physical presence (cannot be hit, deal damage [thought it appears to be attacking], and will not slow down a character’s momentum if run into). Dissipates upon being hit.
      11. Opponent may slip on a puddle of blood.
      12. Opponent’s jump heights and fall speeds may rapidly speed up or slow down, in quick succession.
      13. The opponent’s damage percentage may read 999% for a few seconds.
    4. Mantorok (Purple) – Alex’s weapon glows purple for a short duration of time. During this time, Alex gains the abilities of all three other possible colors, simultaneously.
  11. Standard B (Air): Same as “Standard B” but Alex will float to the ground as the weapon becomes enchanted. The glyphs may appear, instead, in the air while she falls, since there is no ground.
  12. B + Up: “Transcend Space” – Three magical rings appear around Alex’s feet, one right after the other, then shoot upward in quick succession, making Alex disappear after the last ring. Alex will teleport and reappear in the indicated direction, much like Zelda or Mewtwo’s teleport. If Alex reappears close enough to an opponent, the opponent will receive slight damage with no knockback, but will be teleported, in the same fashion, to one of the four player starting zones (or higher up in the air above one of the aforementioned starting zones). Which of these zones they reappear at is determined at random. You can see the teleportation effect in this video, at the 4:55 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkLAoDE429A
  13. B + Up (Air): Same as “B + Up”
  14. B + Down: “Xel’lotath Tier Aretak – Summon Creature” – In a randomly determined cycle, Alex will summon either a Trapper, Bonethief, Gatekeeper, Zombie, Vampire, Horror, Guardian, and on very rare occasions the Xel’lotath Black Guardian. Alex may only summon one creature at a time, and once it is summoned, it acts independently of Alex, roaming the battlefield, itself. Each creature has a set amount of HP, and can be KO’d like a normal combatant, however, they will disappear on their own, after a short time, as well. Alex can kill these creatures, but the creatures have no effect on her. Here is a link with pictures and descriptions of each monster: http://eternaldarkness.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Enemies
    1. Zombie- Very slow, but with a long reach. A zombie’s regular swipe will deal a fair amount of damage and knockback, akin to a slightly less powerful smash attack.
    2. Trapper- Small and very fast. Trappers can also jump to reach a player, but not very high. If a player is touched by a trapper, the trapper will immediately disappear, dealing a quick burst of damage and teleporting the opponent that it touched to (or above) one of the four player starting zones on the stage (same as the effect detailed in “Up + B”).
    3. Bonethief- Very quick, can jump fairly high, and will attack for small amounts of damage with its claws. Bonethief will pursue and attempt to “possess” an opponent by burrowing into them. If a player becomes possessed he will become stunned and take a considerable amount of damage.
    4. Gatekeeper- Fairly quick, and will float around in the air. If a player enters the air (through jumping, knockback, etc.)in the vicinity of the Gatekeeper, the Gatekeeper will flare out its wings, quickly move toward the opponent, and stab them with its tail.
    5. Vampire- Will follow a player around, occasionally attacking with its claws. However, the vampire’s gaze will constantly drain health from the opponent it is locked onto.
    6. Horror- Large enemy with average speed and jump. Hits with very powerful attacks and can sometimes cause a “sanity aura” effect on opponents it damages.
    7. Guardian- Will rarely move around the battlefield, but will cast powerful magical attacks to anyone who comes close to it. If damaged, it will quickly transform into a ball of light and fly to another location, damaging any opponents the ball of light hits along the way.
    8. Xel’lotath’s Black Guardian- On very, very rare occasions a scaled down version of Xel’lotath’s Black Guardian will appear. XBG is very fast and very powerful. When not attacking physically it will have several other attacks: 1) Fires green exploding projectiles. 2) Charges up a green ball of energy in each of its four hands then fires out all four streams simultaneously. Each meets in the middle and forms one larger stream. The stream attaches to an opponent’s head, slowing them down and rapidly dealing damage. The opponent may try to break free. 3. XBG will spread out two arms, then will clap his other two hands together, above his head. A pillar of green energy will quickly materialize around an opponent and shoot upward. The opponent has a very small dodge window for this attack. XBG has a significant amount of HP, and when attacked will recite one of the following lines from the Black Guardian boss battles in Eternal Darkness: "Are you trying to fight me or entertain me, little one?"// "Your weapons will not work against me, fool! Only the interplay of wits and magick can save your mind, if you can use them." // "You bore me, flesh and bone…” // “Your weapons are weak... useless! Come close, feel the might of my wrath." // "My machinations are timeless... your life is not." // "The tools of your puerile civilization are of no use against the Power of the Planes. Magick is your only hope, if you have any at all." Xel'lotath's Black Guardian can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHGoUKfVuAk
  15. B + Down (Air): No effect.
  16. B + Side: “Chattur’gha Antorbok Redgormor – Magikal Attack” – Alex fires a crescent shaped wave of red energy out in front of her. A smaller wave also fires out from behind.
  17. B + Side (Air): Same as “B + Side.”
  18. A + Up Tilt: Single handed overhead gladius swing.
  19. A + Down Tilt: Gets down on one knee and stabs the gladius diagonally forward into the ground.
  20. A + Forward Tilt: Fires a quick revolver/or sawn-off shotgun shot, then puts away the gun.
  21. Neutral A Air: diagonal top left to bottom right gladius slash.
  22. Forward A Air: Vertical bottom to top gladius slash.
  23. Upward A Air: Raises her palm upward and fires out a short pillar of magical energy.
  24. Downward A Air: Points her gladius downward and sends out a small burst of magic. Has a spread effect if it hits a surface.
  25. Backward A Air: Fires her revolver/ (or) sawn-off shotgun toward the opposite direction she is currently facing.
  26. Grab + A: Pummels with the hilt of the gladius.
  27. Throw + Up: A glyph of magic materializes below the opponent and then shoots up a concentrated pillar of light, sending the opponent high into the air.
  28. Throw + Down: A void opens in the floor, the enemy is flung into it, the void quickly reappears above Alex, dropping the enemy from the air, giving Alex a chance for an easy follow-up attack.
  29. Throw + Side: Shoves the enemy forward and follows up with a diagonal bottom to top gladius slash.
  30. Throw + Back: Turns and throws the enemy, finishing up with a powerful gladius slash.
  31. Edge Attack: Stabs forward while climbing up.
  32. Edge Attack (Above 100%): Slashes forward while climbing up, releasing a thin trail of magical energy that runs along the ground for a few feet.
  33. Get-Up Attack: Stands up quickly, and a burst of magical energy emanates from Alex.
  34. Final Smash: “Sanity’s Requiem” – A large portal appears in front of Alex, and a mass of writhing, light-blue tentacles burst through. Some strike enemies, having heavy damage and knockback, others might grab enemies and toss them a significant distance toward the edge of the screen. Alex then yells "What have I done!?" and closes the portal.
  35. D Pad Taunts
    1. Up Taunt- Alex will leaf through a few pages of the Tome of Eternal Darkness.
    2. Side Taunt- Disembodied whispering voices are heard (from the game). Alex turns around quickly and suspiciously aims her gun at something, then puts it away.
    3. Down Taunt- Alex puts her hands over her ears, crouches down a little and yells “This can’t be happening!”
Entrance Animation:

Alex materializes via teleportation rings.

Kirby Hat:
Appearance: B
londe hair with ponytail. Ability: Basically identical to Alex's B Special, but instead of having a gladius, Kirby, himself glows the enchanted color.​
You can always suggest new characters, but I'm afraid that only characters who have an appearance in Brawl are acceptable candidates. (Project M Dev Team's rules, not ours). Usually, that means as a trophy or a sticker. That's a really cool moveset concept, but I don't think she's anywhere in Brawl.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Shin droppin stone cold bombs

Of despair, no flair

Just plain knowledge, simple as it be

Where's this going? I don't know

Probably nowhere.

andsushi

Smash Rookie
You can always suggest new characters, but I'm afraid that only characters who have an appearance in Brawl are acceptable candidates. (Project M Dev Team's rules, not ours). Usually, that means as a trophy or a sticker. That's a really cool moveset concept, but I don't think she's anywhere in Brawl.
I was worried that would be the case. Although, I had hope because her and ZSS had such similar designs; I would imagine a re-skin of a black tank top and jeans would be pretty much ideal for this clone engine thing. Would she be a passing possibility on those grounds?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I was worried that would be the case. Although, I had hope because her and ZSS had such similar designs; I would imagine a re-skin of a black tank top and jeans would be pretty much ideal for this clone engine thing. Would she be a passing possibility on those grounds?
No. If they don't appear in brawl in anyway they arent eligible.

Shin F.

Smash Master
The rule was made because the Project M Dev Team only want to use characters that were licensed to appear in the game, to try and avoid legal trouble, so being similar in appearance to another character doesn't quite cut it.

It's too bad that legal trouble is a potential issue. There are quite a few characters we've really been disappointed in at being ineligible. Vaati, Impa and Captain Syrup were a few that a number of us would've liked, but just weren't in Brawl. Not to mention any 3rd Party that's not Sonic or Metal Gear.

Last edited:

andsushi

Smash Rookie
The rule was made because the Project M Dev Team only want to use characters that were licensed to appear in the game, to try and avoid legal trouble, so being similar in appearance to another character doesn't quite cut it.

It's too bad that legal trouble is a potential issue. There are quite a few characters we've really been disappointed in at being ineligible. Vaati, Impa and Captain Syrup were a few that a number of us would've liked, but just weren't in Brawl. Not to mention any 3rd Party that's not Sonic or Metal Gear.
Oh well. Fair's fair, I guess! Thanks for the info! And hey, at least I got to vote on some of those other characters.

Who knows, maybe some insane person will pick up my post and make an independent version of her on that KC:MM site.

Also, I'm not familiar with "Captain Syrup." Where is that from?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Oh well. Fair's fair, I guess! Thanks for the info! And hey, at least I got to vote on some of those other characters.

Who knows, maybe some insane person will pick up my post and make an independent version of her on that KC:MM site.

Also, I'm not familiar with "Captain Syrup." Where is that from?
She's a Wario Ware Land character.
No Ninja Sheik vs Pirate Captain Syrup for us. ;_;

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Sorry ;_; I'm such a Wario scrub!
S'alright.

The big reason people were disappointed with Sakurai's version of Wario wasn't just that it wasn't the version he was known for by fans growing up, or the jank motorbike attack, but because you never controlled Wario in the WarioWare games. You DID control Wario in the Wario Land games, the ones that came first, and people liked imagining how Wario would be in Smash with his trademark beefiness, shoulder bash, throwing attacks, and transformations that we, the players, felt for ourselves when controlling him.

Like, I don't even mind that Sakurai used his WarioWare PERSONALITY because it makes him more interesting than just the run-of-the-mill greedy strong anti-hero and makes him delightfully weird and crazy. I minded that he didn't FEEL like the Wario I played as for years beforehand.

Another point Project M has over Smash 4: it has the best version of Wario.

/rant

I actually like the WarioWare games, the first one and Twisted! are my favorites and I wanna get Game & Wario sometime. If we got a character from WarioWare then I'd personally like Jimmy T. or Ashley. 9-Volt would be cool too.

But Captain Syrup.

Why.

WHY WERE YOU NEVER IN BRAWL?

CURSE YOU SAKURAI!

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I can't believe anyone who would seriously believe that IC's were cut due to not working when we have Rosalina and Luma.

Who dont even mimic each other a frame later at that.
Nana's AI is far more strenuous on the system than Luma's is. There were a LOT of posts about this when the idea of Ice Climbers getting cut was brought up.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Wait, were Vaati and Syrup not even stickers? O_o

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
If I may vote: +1 to Ray Mk III is the only vote i want to make.
My support represented in images (entry, kirby hat and more):
this image is big.
So yeah... thats who i vote for.
Also moveset:
All attacks based on Custom Robo Arena weapons.

A Attacks
A neutral: Melee Knuckle+ Knuckle+ Knuckle Gun
A up: Melee Meteor Storm Gun
A down: Melee Low Sweep Kick
A left/right: Melee Blade Gun
A dash: Stun Gun
Smash up: Gravity Gun
Smash down: Double Wave Pod
Smash left/right: Drill Gun

B attacks
B neutral: Flare Gun
B up: Acrobat Bomb
B down: Twin Flank Pod
Bleft/right: Charge Attack

Grabs/Throws

Grab: Catch Gun
Grab attack: Shotgun to grabbed players chest
Throw up: Fire Catch Gun up
Throw down: Fire Catch gun down
Throw forward: Fire Catch Gun forward
Throw backward: Fire Catch Gun backward

Aerial attacks

Aerial neutral: Gatling Gun
Aerial up: Smash Bomb
Aerial down: Burrow Bomb
Aerial forward: Magnum
Aerial backward: Satellite Pod

Other attacks
A Attack when you're hanging from ledge: Foot thruster to flip kick
A Attack after you've been knocked on the ground: Foot thruster leg sweep kick

Final Smash: Soulboost
Ray turns Gold. Overall, powered up and unable to flinch.
Hopefully this stuff is interesting/helpful to you guys (Sorry for long post).

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Smash Cadet
This is something that has bugged me since I found it. I saw that there's a second clone engine for Brawl with more character possibilities, and that someone made it compatible with Project M in that Project M: Unbound thread. Is there any reason to not use that new, more expansive engine over the current one? If there isn't, then it would remove one of the constraints for adding new characters, since there's be less of a physical limit. Obviously there's still the issue of taking 700 hours to properly make a character, but it would mean there'd be potential for more than just five new characters in the event the roster gets to 46, wouldn't it?

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
This is something that has bugged me since I found it. I saw that there's a second clone engine for Brawl with more character possibilities, and that someone made it compatible with Project M in that Project M: Unbound thread. Is there any reason to not use that new, more expansive engine over the current one? If there isn't, then it would remove one of the constraints for adding new characters, since there's be less of a physical limit. Obviously there's still the issue of taking 700 hours to properly make a character, but it would mean there'd be potential for more than just five new characters in the event the roster gets to 46, wouldn't it?
I'm actually a playtester for Unbound, and the Brawl/Project EX engine does have its limitations - namely space to store character sounds. In reality, you wouldn't be able to have that many more unique characters than P:M's current clone engine once all the bosses' sound effects from adventure mode were replaced. Not not to mention, there aren't many worthwhile PSA's available right now for the increased character limit to really matter much.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
IIRC it's more limited than PM's clone engine. The characters wouldn't be able to match the same level of quality as the others.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
IIRC it's more limited than PM's clone engine. The characters wouldn't be able to match the same level of quality as the others.
That's not necessarily true, although I wouldn't know how the EX engine compares to the clone engine in terms of workload. The newest unreleased Lucina build the Unbound team has been working on is actually fairly impressive (although it still has a ways to go before completion).

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
BrawlEx is actually just as capable as the Project M Clone Engine (that is, you can do pretty much everything the PM Clone Engine can). It is less stable, though, since it's not as refined.

Project M is better off not using it, though. Even if you could go past the five character limit, Project M is all about competitive viability and balance. And the more characters you add, the harder and harder it is to balance them.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Smash Cadet
That is true. I suppose since there's compatibility between the two, if there were a pressing desire to add more than five characters they could use the new one at any time after the five are made, and it'll likely be years before those five slots are filled anyway.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I believe I saw a PMDT member state that the other engine isn't compatible with Kirby hats. We also don't need 100 characters in PM. Could you imagine how much time they would have to spend designing, coding, and testing more than 5 characters?

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I believe I saw a PMDT member state that the other engine isn't compatible with Kirby hats.
I'm pretty sure it works, but that it requires more than just an engine anyways. Kirby hats require PSA to use properly - the hat has to be programmed into his moveset. Not many people using BrawlEx are willing to put in the work to program the Kirby hats, so they're generally just turned off for BrawlEx Clones. It's definitely possible, though.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So sad that Dark Pit has no chance in pm now but I'd rather avoid that lawsuit ;)

I still think we need to do SOMETHING with trainer's model, as long as it's not yet another pokemon rep. Shouldn't be too hard to recolor into something else, eh?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Look at this guy, bringing the hard truth. He's right, this topic shouldn't be about disappointment with the cuts from Smash 4, it should be about celebrating what P:M has now, and the content that will continue to grow and surpass its successor in some regards.

Namely, newcomers due to the clone engine. Let's discuss that, 'cause I'm pretty hype that Isaac could be in P:M rather than Smash 4.
I'm pretty hype that any Advance Wars rep could be in Project M. The wait to find out who the PMBR decides to add is killing me! That's going to be one exciting trailer, no matter who gets in.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I already have my +1 Ridley vote and post for him. +1 King K. Rool.

Pitched idea:

Rool would be a Donkey Kong derivative. If K Rool can't feasibly be granted his crown throw or blunderbuss, perhaps you could use his imposing size and presumed strength. Out of all the characters to mimic of his general size, I'd consider Donkey Kong the best fit for potential physical attacks. Both have sizable arms and large builds, and suitably, Rool is Kong's adversary.

Basic stats: (Based on the stats topic.)
Weight: 116-120.
Walking speed: 0.9.
Running speed: 1.9.
Fall speed: 2.1

Advantages:
-Full of deadly <60% kill moves, including chargable standard attack that kills featherweights and lightweights at very low percentages at full charge.
-Good out-of-shield options that allow Rool to survive under shield pressure.
-Very survivable against combos and attacks. Hard to get launching with his enormous weight.
-Good throws that can be defensive or allow for quick combos to quickly turn tides under shield pressure.
-Astoundingly good at punishes with his relatively lag-less down smash that can kill lighter weight characters at lower percentages or at least send them offstage.

Disadvantages:
-Fall speed and poor vertical recovery made him easy to kill once he's off stage.
-Easily gimpable.
-Poor roll distance.
-Poor aerial mobility.
-No projectiles/ranged attacks.

Specials:
Rool's specials cover a decent ground of necessary tools for a character like him to have. His standard special allows for a constantly active potential kill move if you're at higher percentages whereas his side and down specials act as semi-combo starters that allow him to rack up damage. His up b acts as a defensive option and a recovery if he's within decent range of the stage.

Standard B: Kremling Breaker

King K. Rool holds back his arm and shakes, indicating he's charging a punch. He'll place one foot up and lean farther back the closer the punch is to being charged. The charging itself works much like DK's where it's done in multiple stages.

The attack both charges and deploys incredibly quickly, making it a constant threat. There is lag with the attack if it doesn't hit, making it easy to punish. Rool's poor aerial mobility makes this especially dangerous to use in the air unless you're sure it can connect.

Side B: Kremling Chomp

King K. Rool outstretches his head and bites. Like Wario's, but instead acts as a grab. Once he bites, he grabs the opponent. Basically used as an aerial grab akin to Bowser, but the initial bite carries a bit of damage to it. Has a sweet spot at the very tip where the bit would send opponents forward.

With Rool's poor aerial mobility, this move can act as a defensive-into-offensive maneuver that can prevent him from getting juggled.

Up B: Kremling Copter

Far more powerful but less ranged version of DK's Spinning Kong, and with far less horizontal recovery. K. Rool spins his arms a short distance, causing a multi-hit attack if a player is caught in the center. However, getting hit by the outer arm/fists causes decent knock.

Like Breaker, it also deploys very quickly and this allows for excellent out-of-shield maneuver that can allows him to regain control of the stage.

Down B: Kremling Quake

King K. Rool makes a hard jump down. This causes a temporary stun effect on any character caught in the short range the attack has. This sort of attack allows for a quick follow-up grab and throw to start some ground combos.

Standard attacks:

Jab: K. Rool punches akin to Ganondorf. It's powerful enough that it can send you flying a decent distance. Does 8%.

Side tilt: Rool leans forward and does an elbow bash. Pulls opponent forward with the attack, allowing for quick follow ups and potential grabs. Does 12%.

Up tilt: Rool reaches his head up to hit with his crown. Does 8%, has a decent bit of upwards knockback and a large hitbox.

Down tilt: Does a punch at the ground in front of him with his other arm raised. Quickly repeatable like his other tilts, and sends opponent slightly upwards from where his arm is. Does 10%

Dash attack: Rool collapses forward on his belly. Has some decent diagonal knockback, but it's accompanied by a lot of lag.

Smash attacks:

Side smash: Rool does a shoulder bash. The attack accompanies a ton of his body weight, making it a deadly kill move second only to his fully charged standard special. Does 15-25% and can kill featherwights at <40%.

Up smash: Rool slams his fists together in the air. Has a large hitbox that reaches in from his sides, which do around 9% at full charge and carry minimal knockback. The brink of his attack, however, is another deadly early kill move with incredible upwards knockback. Does 14-22%.

Down smash: Rool slams his fists on either side of him. Does enormous horizontal knockback at higher percentages at has relatively little starting lag. A miss, however, is easily punishable. Does 16%-25%.

Aerial attacks:

Nair: Rool does a belly flop forward. Has tons of ending lag, but carries decent upwards knockback and acts as a decent out-of-shield move if you want to immediately transition into aerial combos rather than just space you from your opponent. Does 10%.

Fair: Rool headbutts. The majority of his head just does 8% with minimal knockback that allows him to chain the move into another Fair, but a sweetspot with his crown acts as a downwards-diagonal spike. that at the very least can send the opponent straight into the ground. Sweepspotted Fair does 15%.

Bair: Rool's stubby feet kick backwards. Sends opponent towards K Rool, allowing for him to potentially combo into a ground-based attack. if he uses his Bair close enough to the ground. Ex; Bair > L-Cancel > Down smash. Does 5%.

Uair: Rool reaches upwards with his hands. Has a decently sized hitbox since rool reaches out on either side of him as he does the attack, allow for him to use this as a good short hop aerial when approaching. Sends opponent slightly upwards when hit from any side of the attack. Does 9%.

Dair: Rool kicks downwards. Acts as a spike if you hit the sweespot, otherwise, it does minimal knockback or damage and can help opponent recover if they're off-stage. Does 4% without sweetspot, does 13% with. The sweetspot is the center claw of his foot.

Grabs:

Rool's method of grabbing is easier via bite > arms via his Chomp special, or he straight-up grabs the opponent. He can cargo carry much like DK, allowing for potential suicide moves if you don't escape. His grabs have decent grabs and are largely used offensively.

Pummel: Rool chomps at foe. Each chomp does 3%.

Down throw: Rool slams the opponent at the ground, bouncingf them somewhat. This allows for immediate combos with his tilts that can lead into smash attacks or aerials. Does 14%.

Up throw: Rool throws opponent far upwards. Can kill at around 110%+. Does 9%.

Forward throw: Rool chunks the opponent forwards. Possible to use as an out-of-shield attack for spacing. Does 12%.

Back throw: Rool tosses you behind him and slams you hard with his back. Has the same kill potential as his up throw, but horizontally based as opposed to vertically based. Does 14%.

Conclusion:

Rool does small but incredibly strong combos that allow for early percentage kills, and his defensive options allow him to keep up even if an opponent tries to get things started on him. However, missed attacks can lead to big punishes and early gimping due to his large size and nonexistent vertical recovery.

He's meant to stage on stage except when you feel it necessary to attempt spikes. Even then, you can still stay on stage and spike if you sweet spot with his crown, but characters with good vertical and horizontal recovery can still manage. You are rewarded with a stock if you take the risk of his down aerial, which is a far more potent spike, but far more dangerous to pull off and can lead to a quick death.

Shin F.

Smash Master
So sad that Dark Pit has no chance in pm now but I'd rather avoid that lawsuit ;)

I still think we need to do SOMETHING with trainer's model, as long as it's not yet another pokemon rep. Shouldn't be too hard to recolor into something else, eh?
They did do something with Trainer's model. They put its cap on Pikachu for one of his costumes. :p

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
So now that the roster is confirmed, is Bowser Jr. removed from this? What happens to his votes?

Also, OP isn't all the options, is it? I thought there was a huge list of characters featured as trophies/stickers.

Shin F.

Smash Master
So now that the roster is confirmed, is Bowser Jr. removed from this? What happens to his votes?

Also, OP isn't all the options, is it? I thought there was a huge list of characters featured as trophies/stickers.
Bowser Jr. is kil. We'll keep the votes on record, but people who voted for him can re-cast their vote.

OP are all the candidates who've received a good handful of votes and discussion. Obviously, we're not going to list every single eligible character. There's too many for that. You can still vote for and discuss them, but they only go into the OP if they prove to be popular ideas.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
technically, he's against PMBR's rules anyway. Pit's "fallen angel" color wasn't coined "Dark Pit" ( or Pitto, Black Pit, or any other names he has) until he was made an actual character in Kid Icarus: Uprising, quite a bit after brawl.

I'd actually love the crap out of any of the other characters (Phosphora, Hades) for the CE but yeah. rules.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I already have my +1 Ridley vote and post for him. +1 King K. Rool.

Pitched idea:

Rool would be a Donkey Kong derivative. If K Rool can't feasibly be granted his crown throw or blunderbuss, perhaps you could use his imposing size and presumed strength. Out of all the characters to mimic of his general size, I'd consider Donkey Kong the best fit for potential physical attacks. Both have sizable arms and large builds, and suitably, Rool is Kong's adversary.

Basic stats: (Based on the stats topic.)
Weight: 116-120.
Walking speed: 0.9.
Running speed: 1.9.
Fall speed: 2.1

Advantages:
-Full of deadly <60% kill moves, including chargable standard attack that kills featherweights and lightweights at very low percentages at full charge.
-Good out-of-shield options that allow Rool to survive under shield pressure.
-Very survivable against combos and attacks. Hard to get launching with his enormous weight.
-Good throws that can be defensive or allow for quick combos to quickly turn tides under shield pressure.
-Astoundingly good at punishes with his relatively lag-less down smash that can kill lighter weight characters at lower percentages or at least send them offstage.

Disadvantages:
-Fall speed and poor vertical recovery made him easy to kill once he's off stage.
-Easily gimpable.
-Poor roll distance.
-Poor aerial mobility.
-No projectiles/ranged attacks.

Specials:
Rool's specials cover a decent ground of necessary tools for a character like him to have. His standard special allows for a constantly active potential kill move if you're at higher percentages whereas his side and down specials act as semi-combo starters that allow him to rack up damage. His up b acts as a defensive option and a recovery if he's within decent range of the stage.

Standard B: Kremling Breaker

King K. Rool holds back his arm and shakes, indicating he's charging a punch. He'll place one foot up and lean farther back the closer the punch is to being charged. The charging itself works much like DK's where it's done in multiple stages.

The attack both charges and deploys incredibly quickly, making it a constant threat. There is lag with the attack if it doesn't hit, making it easy to punish. Rool's poor aerial mobility makes this especially dangerous to use in the air unless you're sure it can connect.

Side B: Kremling Chomp

King K. Rool outstretches his head and bites. Like Wario's, but instead acts as a grab. Once he bites, he grabs the opponent. Basically used as an aerial grab akin to Bowser, but the initial bite carries a bit of damage to it. Has a sweet spot at the very tip where the bit would send opponents forward.

With Rool's poor aerial mobility, this move can act as a defensive-into-offensive maneuver that can prevent him from getting juggled.

Up B: Kremling Copter

Far more powerful but less ranged version of DK's Spinning Kong, and with far less horizontal recovery. K. Rool spins his arms a short distance, causing a multi-hit attack if a player is caught in the center. However, getting hit by the outer arm/fists causes decent knock.

Like Breaker, it also deploys very quickly and this allows for excellent out-of-shield maneuver that can allows him to regain control of the stage.

Down B: Kremling Quake

King K. Rool makes a hard jump down. This causes a temporary stun effect on any character caught in the short range the attack has. This sort of attack allows for a quick follow-up grab and throw to start some ground combos.

Standard attacks:

Jab: K. Rool punches akin to Ganondorf. It's powerful enough that it can send you flying a decent distance. Does 8%.

Side tilt: Rool leans forward and does an elbow bash. Pulls opponent forward with the attack, allowing for quick follow ups and potential grabs. Does 12%.

Up tilt: Rool reaches his head up to hit with his crown. Does 8%, has a decent bit of upwards knockback and a large hitbox.

Down tilt: Does a punch at the ground in front of him with his other arm raised. Quickly repeatable like his other tilts, and sends opponent slightly upwards from where his arm is. Does 10%

Dash attack: Rool collapses forward on his belly. Has some decent diagonal knockback, but it's accompanied by a lot of lag.

Smash attacks:

Side smash: Rool does a shoulder bash. The attack accompanies a ton of his body weight, making it a deadly kill move second only to his fully charged standard special. Does 15-25% and can kill featherwights at <40%.

Up smash: Rool slams his fists together in the air. Has a large hitbox that reaches in from his sides, which do around 9% at full charge and carry minimal knockback. The brink of his attack, however, is another deadly early kill move with incredible upwards knockback. Does 14-22%.

Down smash: Rool slams his fists on either side of him. Does enormous horizontal knockback at higher percentages at has relatively little starting lag. A miss, however, is easily punishable. Does 16%-25%.

Aerial attacks:

Nair: Rool does a belly flop forward. Has tons of ending lag, but carries decent upwards knockback and acts as a decent out-of-shield move if you want to immediately transition into aerial combos rather than just space you from your opponent. Does 10%.

Fair: Rool headbutts. The majority of his head just does 8% with minimal knockback that allows him to chain the move into another Fair, but a sweetspot with his crown acts as a downwards-diagonal spike. that at the very least can send the opponent straight into the ground. Sweepspotted Fair does 15%.

Bair: Rool's stubby feet kick backwards. Sends opponent towards K Rool, allowing for him to potentially combo into a ground-based attack. if he uses his Bair close enough to the ground. Ex; Bair > L-Cancel > Down smash. Does 5%.

Uair: Rool reaches upwards with his hands. Has a decently sized hitbox since rool reaches out on either side of him as he does the attack, allow for him to use this as a good short hop aerial when approaching. Sends opponent slightly upwards when hit from any side of the attack. Does 9%.

Dair: Rool kicks downwards. Acts as a spike if you hit the sweespot, otherwise, it does minimal knockback or damage and can help opponent recover if they're off-stage. Does 4% without sweetspot, does 13% with. The sweetspot is the center claw of his foot.

Grabs:

Rool's method of grabbing is easier via bite > arms via his Chomp special, or he straight-up grabs the opponent. He can cargo carry much like DK, allowing for potential suicide moves if you don't escape. His grabs have decent grabs and are largely used offensively.

Pummel: Rool chomps at foe. Each chomp does 3%.

Down throw: Rool slams the opponent at the ground, bouncingf them somewhat. This allows for immediate combos with his tilts that can lead into smash attacks or aerials. Does 14%.

Up throw: Rool throws opponent far upwards. Can kill at around 110%+. Does 9%.

Forward throw: Rool chunks the opponent forwards. Possible to use as an out-of-shield attack for spacing. Does 12%.

Back throw: Rool tosses you behind him and slams you hard with his back. Has the same kill potential as his up throw, but horizontally based as opposed to vertically based. Does 14%.

Conclusion:

Rool does small but incredibly strong combos that allow for early percentage kills, and his defensive options allow him to keep up even if an opponent tries to get things started on him. However, missed attacks can lead to big punishes and early gimping due to his large size and nonexistent vertical recovery.

He's meant to stage on stage except when you feel it necessary to attempt spikes. Even then, you can still stay on stage and spike if you sweet spot with his crown, but characters with good vertical and horizontal recovery can still manage. You are rewarded with a stock if you take the risk of his down aerial, which is a far more potent spike, but far more dangerous to pull off and can lead to a quick death.
I already gave my +1 for K. Rool a long time ago, but seriously. Just giving a +1 to this moveset. Hell, I'd main it.

At this point, I don't care if the PMBR can't make him use his blunderbuss, crown, or even his goddamn boxing gloves. I'll take those showing up in taunts. I've already gotten used to Smash Ganon anyway, it won't be different with K. Rool.

But seriously, at this point, PM is K. Rool's only chance to ever appear in a Smash game, if I'm being perfectly honest, and probably Ridley's too. I don't care if they need to be straight up clones. Make them that. They just deserve to be here. More than Isaac, more than Lyn, more than pretty much anyone.

So please consider.

/end rant. Sorry. It just had to be said.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I already gave my +1 for K. Rool a long time ago, but seriously. Just giving a +1 to this moveset. Hell, I'd main it.

At this point, I don't care if the PMBR can't make him use his blunderbuss, crown, or even his goddamn boxing gloves. I'll take those showing up in taunts. I've already gotten used to Smash Ganon anyway, it won't be different with K. Rool.

But seriously, at this point, PM is K. Rool's only chance to ever appear in a Smash game, if I'm being perfectly honest, and probably Ridley's too. I don't care if they need to be straight up clones. Make them that. They just deserve to be here. More than Isaac, more than Lyn, more than pretty much anyone.

So please consider.

/end rant. Sorry. It just had to be said.
I LOL at you.

Neither K. rool nor Ridley "deserve" to be in a smash game.

Honestly, DK is an overhyped series, and Ridley won't ever be playable unless PMBR decides that it's okay to ritualisticly sacrifice some people.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I'll throw a half vote towards Pig Ganon if I haven't already (I forget my votes now, ho hum).

He's be a sweet heavyweight throwback character that has no chance anywhere else. Give hima trident or a staff or some ****

Oh and young Link 1/2 vote.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom