• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
Oy, you trying and failing at being a troll to this thread, m8?
I originally just came in here to vote and now you and some other forum apes ganged up on me for just having a different opinion. Good job making a**holes out of yourselves, though.

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I originally just came in here to vote and now you and some other forum apes ganged up on me for just having a different opinion. Good job making a**holes out of yourselves, though.
Where would anyone even draw the line for what reasons are and aren't legit? This is quite a slippery slope you've just walked onto. Maybe Lyn's voice just bugs the crap out of me. Is that not reason enough to not want her around? Who are you to decide what is and isn't "legit"? That's a double-standard you've got there and it all just boils down to "I like this character and I don't like this character". It's just opinions and you're just trying to invalidate my opinions. You're being a jerk, basically.

Last edited:

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Even if that's being an a**hole, guess what: you're being an even bigger one.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Even if that's being an a**hole, guess what: you're being an even bigger one.
Interesting definition of a**hole.

You start off with bad reasons that were either A) a not very obvious joke (doesn't help your a**hole case there) or B) legitimately bad. Then I say those weren't very good reasons. You respond by getting very defensive, calling me a jerk, and then criticizing the system, all at the same time, attacking other people's sense of logic and understanding of subjective/objective...

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
The system's stupid so I complained about it. Why can't you take any legit criticism? I even explained how it's flawed and people could just use bulls*** reasons to lie and you pretty much denied that being possible. So what if I mocked a flawed system with joke reasons? Does that warrant all this hostility? No, it doesn't. You're just a bunch of a**holes that like ganging up on a newbie.

Shin F.

Smash Master
For having a different opinion? No. The results would've been the same if you'd downvoted any character with **** reasons, not just popular ones.

No one is trying to invalidate your opinion - requiring a reason for downvotes is necessary so that people don't attempt to take advantage of them in order to artificially inflate the popularity of their own favorites by down-voting characters they're not actually against. Yeah, they could just post a valid reason they saw someone else post and at this point there's no way we can tell. That's no reason to stop trying to keep things reasonable. But it does stop people from downvoting characters en-masse without regard for whether they're actually against them as they might otherwise do, since they have to type out or find reasons for each of them.

So, the others informed you (politely, I might add) that we have a rule which says downvotes require a legitimate reason, and your response is... to give reasons which are jokes rather than a legitimate reason. And then, when those reasons aren't considered valid because they're not actual reasons (one being based on a false basis and the other being more neutral than negative), you rail that your opinion is being invalidated.

You then proceed to prove us correct in not accepting these reasons when you claim them later on to be jokes. At this point, we don't even know if you're actually against these characters or if you just want to boost your own choices' popularity. And then you went on to give real reasons - those being that you feel FE is overrepped and that Isaac is just another RPG swordsman. And guess what? Those are valid reasons and were counted. I personally disagree with the latter, but I don't count it as invalid.

You then went on and continued to argue that your opinions were being invalidated, which is untrue since the only reasons we didn't accept were the ones that you later told us were jokes, which means those weren't actually your opinion.

And then you go on and say things like we're only accepting reasons we agree with - well, I can certainly tell you that's not true. Every single one of us have counted downvotes for characters we want and support completely even when we don't agree with the reason. It just has to be genuine and not based on a false or misinformed fact.

Edit:
You're just a bunch of a**holes that like ganging up on a newbie.
For being a newbie? Nah. One of my current friends was a newbie to this thread not too long ago.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
For having a different opinion? No. The results would've been the same if you'd downvoted any character with **** reasons, not just popular ones.

No one is trying to invalidate your opinion - requiring a reason for downvotes is necessary so that people don't attempt to take advantage of them in order to artificially inflate the popularity of their own favorites by down-voting characters they're not actually against. Yeah, they could just post a valid reason they saw someone else post and at this point there's no way we can tell. That's no reason to stop trying to keep things reasonable. But it does stop people from downvoting characters en-masse without regard for whether they're actually against them as they might otherwise do, since they have to type out or find reasons for each of them.

So, the others informed you (politely, I might add) that we have a rule which says downvotes require a legitimate reason, and your response is... to give reasons which are jokes rather than a legitimate reason. And then, when those reasons aren't considered valid because they're not actual reasons (one being based on a false basis and the other being more neutral than negative), you rail that your opinion is being invalidated.

You then proceed to prove us correct in not accepting these reasons when you claim them later on to be jokes. At this point, we don't even know if you're actually against these characters or if you just want to boost your own choices' popularity. And then you went on to give real reasons - those being that you feel FE is overrepped and that Isaac is just another RPG swordsman. And guess what? Those are good enough reasons and were counted. I personally disagree with the latter, but I don't count it as invalid.

You then went on and argued that your opinions were being invalidated, which is untrue since the only reasons we didn't accept were the ones that you later told us were jokes, which means those weren't actually your opinion.

And then you go on and say things like we're only accepting reasons we agree with - well, I can certainly tell you that's not true. Every single one of us have counted downvotes for characters we want and support completely even when we don't agree with the reason. It just has to be genuine and not based on a false or misinformed fact.

Edit:

For being a newbie? Nah. One of my current friends was a newbie to this thread not too long ago.
Sorry, but i seriously think thats not a good enough reason.

I could say.... Ninten is just another Psykid, and pokemon is overrepped if i downvote pichu.

if he cant knock on her playstyle or isaac's playstyle or another reason i dont think that should be counted. Imo thats still not a vaild enough reason. There is no such thing as "muh reps" to the PMBR, they want hype builders, fresh move sets, things like that.

But y'know, my opinion.

Shin F.

Smash Master

I could say.... Ninten is just another Psykid, and pokemon is overrepped if i downvote pichu.

if he cant knock on her playstyle or isaac's playstyle or another reason i dont think that should be counted. Imo thats still not a vaild enough reason. There is no such thing as "muh reps" to the PMBR, they want hype builders, fresh move sets, things like that.

But y'know, my opinion.
We've allowed this kind of reasoning in the past, so it wouldn't be right to not accept it now. When the votes are reset later, we can look into being more specific about what kinds of reasons we allow. Having said that, I do agree with you that the reasons aren't great. I'm pretty sure they're still valid, though, since we've allowed these kinds of reasons before.

Besides, it's not as though it's really going to hurt Isaac's or Lyn's positions in the poll.

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

But y'know, my opinion.
We allow most things, even if they're not the best (in other words, we have a pretty high tolerance for reasoning). They often tend to be gray-zone or debatable, as you've pointed out. If other people feel like it's incorrect, they can convince the voter to change their mind, but we will count the final outcome no matter what. The main point is really just to weed out the extremes.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

You then proceed to prove us correct in not accepting these reasons when you claim them later on to be jokes. At this point, we don't even know if you're actually against these characters or if you just want to boost your own choices' popularity. And then you went on to give real reasons - those being that you feel FE is overrepped and that Isaac is just another RPG swordsman. And guess what? Those are valid reasons and were counted. I personally disagree with the latter, but I don't count it as invalid.

You then went on and continued to argue that your opinions were being invalidated, which is untrue since the only reasons we didn't accept were the ones that you later told us were jokes, which means those weren't actually your opinion.

Edit:For being a newbie? Nah. One of my current friends was a newbie to this thread not too long ago.
#BasedShinIsBased

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice

But y'know, my opinion.
Opinions are opinions, but this is just nonsense. How can someone be expected to knock on a playstyle of a character like Isaac that has yet to even reveal said playstyle? What gives?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Guys, ignore useless arguments with children.
Now Ill be back to thinking of excuses for downvoting all other characters that I havent upvoted for.

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Guys, ignore useless arguments with children.
Now Ill be back to thinking of excuses for downvoting all other characters that I havent upvoted for.
Oh, we're children now? And what are you, an autistic weeb ****** with a little anime girl avatar? Fine, I'll *ignore* you. I already was once I saw that avatard of yours. *user ignored*

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
i think people lost the right to go "Baaaw 4 fire emblem characters" when Sakurai decided that 4 (technically 5, femrobin, but i won't push that) was good for smash U/3DS. and on top of that, at least with Project: M you can be confident that you're going to be getting 4 completley different packages. no ascended costume shenanigans here.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Oh, we're children now? And what are you, an autistic weeb ****** with a little anime girl avatar? Fine, I'll *ignore* you. I already was once I saw that avatard of yours. *user ignored*
Oh yes, thats me.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
LoL Wow, I can't believe you guys fed the troll. Don't you realize you should never feed the troll? I applaud Anti Guy's and SHin's tolerance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom