• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
-1 Ninten
It's become quite apparent that Ninten would be an absolute waste of this mod's potential. Specifically because canonically he is Ness. Think there's a lot of confusion there, but between Mother 1 and 2, Ninten is put into the Witness Protection Program so that Giygas can't track him down. He's given the new name, Ness. This was hinted at by Itoi in Nintendo Power issue #23, in which Shigesato said,

"Mother 2 will reference Mother 1, but not continue directly off of it's plot."

Meaning that while the game is a sequel, it exists as such in a hidden manner. The big Secret? Ness is Ninten. Even if he wasn't, it's not like we'd need another pretentious kid with a ball-cap and the tendency to cheesily announce every "PSI move" he performs prancing around Smash. Ness is bad. The only reason he was in Smash 64 was because Goku's model had too many polygons for the turbo drive of the N64 to maintain. Then when Sakurai asked Nintendo of America how the character was received, they responded in English. Their message said,

"No one knew who he was."

Sakurai, who at the time couldn't afford to hire a translator used his little knowledge of English to understand the message. His translation was,

"He has so much swagger that guard dogs want to get up in his crib for a little lick."

So the character was carried into Melee, and Brawl. (Which were developed at the same time fyi.) The character sucks! And you wan't two versions of him?!? [LMFAO! ROFL! POFLD!] Toon Link and Link are bad enough, being father and son. You people are ridiculous, sometimes.

People support Ninten but my boi Dr. Mario can't get his own slot? Yeah, that makes sense. GG Community.
I have to say, I've never seen someone make a hate post about the character they have as their profile pic. Also, did you really say that Ninten is a waste because he is Ness, and then complain about nobody supporting Dr. Mario, who is just Mario?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I have to say, I've never seen someone make a hate post about the character they have as their profile pic. Also, did you really say that Ninten is a waste because he is Ness, and then complain about nobody supporting Dr. Mario, who is just Mario?
Don't take that post seriously. Someone was just pranking Shin with a joke account.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I realized that it was a joke about a minute after I posted. And we just learned about satire on Friday in English. Sigh...
No worries man. I was caught off guard too.

Here are my votes:
Saki
Ray 01
Isaac
Dark Samus
Andy

My only downvote is Krystal, because I don't think that Star Fox needs 4 reps and I dislike her design.
Also I wanted to point out something. Ray 01 currently isn't ranking nearly as high as Ray MK III. You are welcome to vote on him, but I thought I would at least mention it since Ray 01 doesn't even have near 10 votes, where Ray MK III is actually doing very well.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
No worries man. I was caught off guard too.

Also I wanted to point out something. Ray 01 currently isn't ranking nearly as high as Ray MK III. You are welcome to vote on him, but I thought I would at least mention it since Ray 01 doesn't even have near 10 votes, where Ray MK III is actually doing very well.
I would just combine them into one "Ray" vote

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Prehaps Ray mk III with a Ray 01 alt?
Nah. Anti Guy is right. Ray in general is the main model series line of Custom Robo, so the vote for Ray would be accounted for in the tense of all Rays. Ray would likely have both MK III and 01 model as costumes regardless.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Hi there. I haven't been here in awhile.

By any chance can someone tell me the page of the last tally of votes?

Also.....I've heard some talk of Ray from Custom Robo. Have you guys all considered wanting "Ray Legend" as the primary? The irony is that it's not a default Ray but it seems like the most Iconic in my opinion since its his original form in a rejuvenated look. Kinda like the treatment with Pit and Little Mac if you know what I mean.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Hi there. I haven't been here in awhile.

By any chance can someone tell me the page of the last tally of votes?

Also.....I've heard some talk of Ray from Custom Robo. Have you guys all considered wanting "Ray Legend" as the primary? The irony is that it's not a default Ray but it seems like the most Iconic in my opinion since its his original form in a rejuvenated look. Kinda like the treatment with Pit and Little Mac if you know what I mean.
I think this could work out really well. Since in the game Ray Legend is an all-out attacker with frail defenses, it would be an absolutely perfect fit for Ray if he had a similar playstyle in Project M.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

The leak's real.

I guess this means Bowser Jr, unless he was already in production, is off limits. Vote counters, if you can check to see who gave him +1, let those people know in one post (tag them all) that they can reallocate their +1...

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I hate to say I told you so, but...

I told you so.

Now that that's out of the way, who can I see about playing a Smash game with characters I actually like?

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
+1 Ridley

-1 Isaac, explanation: In comparison to most of the other candidates, I dont think he is a particularly interesting choice. Project M, expecially with Roy beeing added in, already has enough sword fighers in shiny armor in the rooster, so having another one just seems kind of redundant. It also doesnt help that Roy and Isaac look practically identical exept for colors. On a personal note, I also dont think the sword fighters fit the "Nintendo" feel of smash brothers all that well, as they all look like generic anime characters.

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
As the bright yellow text in the OP says, you need an explanation for your -1 votes....
Alright, thanks for the headsup, added my reasoning to Isaac:

In comparison to most of the other candidates, I dont think he is a particularly interesting choice. Project M, expecially with Roy beeing added in, already has enough sword fighers in shiny armor in the rooster, so having another one just seems kind of redundant. It also doesnt help that Roy and Isaac look practically identical exept for colors. On a personal note, I also dont think the sword fighters fit the "Nintendo" feel of smash brothers all that well, as they all look like generic anime characters.

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Dear vote counters and such, is anything gonna change in the way this thread works now that a lot of people are going to get their hearts broken because the characters they want are not going to be in Smash 4? (I don't mean to be sarcastic or cynical, btw, this is an honest question)

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Dear vote counters and such, is anything gonna change in the way this thread works now that a lot of people are going to get their hearts broken because the characters they want are not going to be in Smash 4? (I don't mean to be sarcastic or cynical, btw, this is an honest question)
Unlikely. We'll probably just give everyone who voted for Bowser Jr an extra +1. And I think if people have a good enough reason for changing votes (based on recent Smash 4 revelations), then they can go ahead and do that. There's no point in starting a new poll just yet, at least until a new clone engine character is revealed.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Unlikely. We'll probably just give everyone who voted for Bowser Jr an extra +1. And I think if people have a good enough reason for changing votes (based on recent Smash 4 revelations), then they can go ahead and do that. There's no point in starting a new poll just yet, at least until a new clone engine character is revealed.
I thought so, but it never hurts to ask, no?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Soooo, how 'bout that Isaac?

I haven't really posted in here in a while, but now seems as good a time as any to reiterate how much a playable Isaac would rock.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I expect to see A LOT of Ridley and K. Rool in the next few weeks. It's going to be great. lol

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I for one expect the quality of this thread to drop for a bit... but it's not like that's abnormal at all in the first place. Although a couple familiar faces did just pop in, might be a sign of good things to come. Let's hope for the latter.

I'm happy to see Jr. make it into Sm4sh. Sadly, I was hoping for a more clone approach or translate some of Squirtle's moves over since he's not going to make it in. The clown car just looks awkward to me, but I might get over it. To bad we can't vote for Jr. without the mech lol...

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

Malion

Smash Ace
in a cruel twist the leaked video is proven to be faked using paper clips and a subway coupon... the bowser jr votes were forever lost into the void.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I for one expect the quality of this thread to drop for a bit... but it's not like that's abnormal at all in the first place. Although a couple familiar faces did just pop in, might be a sign of good things to come. Let's hope for the latter.

I'm happy to see Jr. make it into Sm4sh. Sadly, I was hoping for a more clone approach or translate some of Squirtle's moves over since he's not going to make it in. The clown car just looks awkward to me, but I might get over it. To bad we can't vote for Jr. without the mech lol...
I agree. The Clown Car is a cool idea... I just don't see it fitting in. Everyone's running around and he's sliding around in this clown car... It's like if Mario had one of the bags from Sack Races wrapped around his legs.

Malion

Smash Ace
I agree. The Clown Car is a cool idea... I just don't see it fitting in. Everyone's running around and he's sliding around in this clown car... It's like if Mario had one of the bags from Sack Races wrapped around his legs.
Or more appropriately

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
It's kinda the reason I wouldn't like Bow or King Boo as characters. There just is something off with characters not being firmly on the ground or... rolling/sliding or whatever Jr. is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom