• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
If there are 10 more posts on Pichu, I'm gonna say get out of this thread and make a separate thread on that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If there are 10 more posts on Pichu, I'm gonna say get out of this thread and make a separate thread on that.
Apparently people seem to not understand that Pichu can be made into a BAMF like Roy.

Whether or not people think a concept would be worth adding or not is their opinion that they have a right to, but to say it's baseless is silly after how terrible Roy was in Melee.

Also, you're already at 3 more. ;)

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
And I want to add an argument:

This thread have now 66 page. Pichu is still on the debate ! He probably the only character to be that much discussed, even Sonic character are now less in the topic...

It proove something at my opinion ! If more and more people insist about him, that make some sens he should be in PM ! Even if many people hate him so badly, there are some fan who loved this character all the time and they hope for a chance to see Pichu shine this time ! That all !

If Pichu have no fan base, then why he still the main subjet there..?

And yeah I think a separate thread should be made for Pichu !!

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
I gotta be the only one who finds an Imperative tomatoe really funny......I mean look at it........ITS A TOMATOE!! LMFAO! XD

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman

This thread have now 66 page. Pichu is still on the debate ! He probably the only character to be that much discussed, even Sonic character are now less in the topic...

It proove something at my opinion ! If more and more people insist about him, that make some sens he should be in PM ! Even if many people hate him so badly, there are some fan who loved this character all the time and they hope for a chance to see Pichu shine this time ! That all !

If Pichu have no fan base, then why he still the main subjet there..?

And yeah I think a separate thread should be made for Pichu !!
you guys all ignored my solution post didn't ya?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Apparently people seem to not understand that Pichu can be made into a BAMF like Roy.

Whether or not people think a concept would be worth adding or not is their opinion that they have a right to, but to say it's baseless is silly after how terrible Roy was in Melee.

Also, you're already at 3 more. ;)
I at least understand he could.

I just disagree that he should.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
guys let's stop talking about pichu and instead talk about the only other veteran not in project M.

Pokemon Trainer!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

In general I just like to avoid the Sonic topic (mostly because of that creeper fanbase), so this is a good thing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I at least understand he could.

I just disagree that he should.
Which is a fair opinion to have.

Honestly, it comes down the BRoom, what they think, what they theorize, and what they do.

If they can make a Pichu most people like and that is functional and adds something, then they will. If they can't they won't.

It really is that simple.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
That's very respectable

but for the sake of ending this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_c05ElPP-0

There...like I said. PSA and Sfx......the only thing left is as simple as making him PM ready (along with some polishing as it seems). Now can we go back to saving these limited spots for characters that can put them to better use?

A lot of people wouldn't be happy with just a PSA, and "better use" is pretty subjective. For instance, I think Toad would be a GIANT waste, but many would disagree. Some people think Pichu would be boring, while others think the Clone Engine would be the perfect opportunity for a little yellow ball of nostalgia.

sorry bruh, didn't see that as I was posting but I had to get that out there.

Malion

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I'm sure we all want to talk about Toon Zelda/Tetra instead right?

... surely.

I'm really not going to let her(s) go even if she is majorly in the red.

She'd be an easier character than more to clone, she'd fit with Toon Link Thematically and overall I just like her ok? We need more girls guy... more of the ladies let's be honest here.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Hey everyone, I'm sure we all want to talk about Toon Zelda/Tetra instead right?

... surely.

I'm really not going to let her(s) go even if she is majorly in the red.

She'd be an easier character than more to clone, she'd fit with Toon Link Thematically and overall I just like her ok? We need more girls guy... more of the ladies let's be honest here.
My only qualms are the amount of Zelda characters that would bring us up to (seven, which is too much for any series) and the fact that it would take two clone engine slots.

Does Toon Ganon show up in Brawl? I could get behind him.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
1) Toon Zelda/Tetra would take 2 character slots.

2) We don't need more girls. In Project M we need more interesting character match ups. In Smash 4 we need more Nintendo all-stars. If they happen to be women then great. Affirmative action has no place in roster building.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Pika doesn't hsrm himself for each electric move. If a pika person played as pichu, they will get owned simply b/c pichu constantly harms herself. The difference between Roy and Marth were their move properties. Now Roy has more to him. Pichu coming back as the exact same character is stupid b/c its a self harming pika. What do people expect her to be changed to?? Super amazing op crap to compensate for the self damage properties?? Ppl keep going on about how she can be changed also. The please inform us of a non game breaking change while keeping her main difference than pika, the "double edged sword"
What was the point of you responding to me? I was pointing out that pichus attributes were the same as pikachus, and that those attributes are often what make characters unique. I dont want pichu back

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The one where he told us to shut up and download a PSA for our own personal SD cards. In other words there was no solution, just stupidity.
If we did that, we'd be playing wonky Brawl-based PSA's. Playing as a Brawl character in Project M would be baaaaaad.

On top of that, we don't have the clone engine codes, so that information is literally worthless.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

2) We don't need more girls. In Project M we need more interesting character match ups. In Smash 4 we need more Nintendo all-stars. If they happen to be women then great. Affirmative action has no place in roster building.
then just have TETRA. that's plenty.

plus she's a pirate.

Malion

Smash Ace
My only qualms are the amount of Zelda characters that would bring us up to (seven, which is too much for any series) and the fact that it would take two clone engine slots.

Does Toon Ganon show up in Brawl? I could get behind him.

I think Toon Ganon does appear as a trophy. And the two slots is a bummer but it would be oh so satisfying (for me anyway.)

It's hard to validate 7 slots but at the same time... maaan. It's Wind Waker, it's practically a different beast than regular zelda. It's like the Yoshi's Island of the series (it really isn't I'm grasping at straws)

It's less about affirmative action and more about... aesthetic balance? variance? Well... I don't know about you guys but in most fighting games I usually gravitate towards the female characters for their speed and dodgyness... I know most of my Soul Calibur mains are Females (or Link in the case of SCII) and other than a few there really isn't that spark in the females of Smash... Zelda/Sheik is good and Peach is decent but ZSS makes me uncomfortable. lol.

And about those interesting character match-ups... there are none more interesting than the male/female dynamic. I will say that Nintendo is kind of lacking in notable females but hey there are some gems in there I'm sure we could dust off. And I think it would be more satisfying in the long run than just adding some other dude who plays just like that other dude.

Dudes,
Dudes everywhere.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I can just assume tetra would be one of those characters either people would really like or not care at all.

in other words, I don't think anyone would really hate her.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just thought of something. we could probably get a Toon Zelda alt costume over Tetra if that pleases anyone.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I consider myself a feminist, but I don't support adding female characters for the sake of female characters.

That said: Tetra would be a cool addition. She could be partially cloned off Toon Link, I think, both in model and moveset.

Malion

Smash Ace
I just thought of something. we could probably get a Toon Zelda alt costume over Tetra if that pleases anyone.
That would be so weird though, even though they are the same person I can't imagine Zelda engaging in fisticuffs or fighting with a sword.

I mean... I'm sure it would be amusing to look at... girl in a dress punching people in the back of the head... actually I'd be down for it.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people wouldn't be happy with just a PSA, and "better use" is pretty subjective. For instance, I think Toad would be a GIANT waste, but many would disagree. Some people think Pichu would be boring, while others think the Clone Engine would be the perfect opportunity for a little yellow ball of nostalgia.
subjective? I want Waluigi in but I know him having spot will not be put to "better use" because he has a PSA.........and possibly might make SSB4......

what do you mean "wouldn't be happy with just a PSA"?? How do you think Project M makes its characters?

Understand that we can easily put these characters in ourselves..........why not let PM do stuff that hasn't been done? or won't be expected in SSB4? isn't this for the greater good? expanding our library of characters to use?

Otherwise I get the notion that everybody just wants their character made by Project M because it "feels" official....despite finding the same thing in PSAs that are already made.....

If its a matter of adding new moves for Pichu.........Hey! that can be done.....anybody can do that for you.

Anything you want with a character for PM can be done for PM WITHOUT PM using a slot.

Do you guys all understand this?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
What exactly would Tetra bring to the table aside from her star power? Not trying to say she wouldn't bring anything, genuinely asking what she'd add to the metagame.

subjective? I want Waluigi in but I know him having spot will not be put to "better use" because he has a PSA.........and possibly might make SSB4......

what do you mean "wouldn't be happy with just a PSA"?? How do you think Project M makes its characters?

Understand that we can easily put these characters in ourselves..........why not let PM do stuff that hasn't been done? or won't be expected in SSB4? isn't this for the greater good? expanding our library of characters to use?

Otherwise I get the notion that everybody just wants their character made by Project M because it "feels" official....despite finding the same thing in PSAs that are already made.....

If its a matter of adding new moves for Pichu.........Hey! that can be done.....anybody can do that for you.

Anything you want with a character for PM can be done for PM WITHOUT PM using a slot.

Do you guys all understand this?

idiot/10

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I also wanted to know earlier, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the Pokemon trainer's slot could be modified and used as an 8th slot? I don't think they have ever tried that.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

One of those ten remaining posts should be you responding re: "So you want a bad character?" You asked me a question about Pichu, and I (as well as lots of other people) gave you pretty solid answers. Once again, that seems to be the way of this thread - people call out Pichu, the Pichu supporters defend him, those defenses get ignored, and then a page or so later, the same exact issues with Pichu are raised, the same people defend him, and the cycle continues.

It'd at least be nice if, just once, someone would say "Oh, okay. I still don't want Pichu, but I see where you're coming from." That would probably stop all the Pichu ruckus, and then we could move on to all saying "Hey guys, wouldn't Isaac be cool?" "YUP!" "That's cool"

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It'd at least be nice if, just once, someone would say "Oh, okay. I still don't want Pichu, but I see where you're coming from." That would probably stop all the Pichu ruckus, and then we could move on to all saying "Hey guys, wouldn't Isaac be cool?" "YUP!" "That's cool"
That's precisely what I've been doing. I understand why people want Pichu and that he could be good. I simply just personally don't think he's a worthy addition.

Can we all agree to shut the everliving **** up about him now? Please? Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom