• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Looks like a lot of people here aren't aware of the leak. 4.0 is gonna be dope as ****.

My lips are sealed.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Are we gonna enjoy the character selection, or are there gonna be butthurt people
The latter,my friend.

Actually,the P:M community feelssome much more mature about being cool with what comes than the others.
Also,feels like we're more friendly to newcomers as well.

Probably because we have low standards.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Looks like a lot of people here aren't aware of the leak. 4.0 is gonna be dope as ****.

My lips are sealed.
I am unaware of this.

IS PICHU BACK.
The Pichu thing is a half-joke. I don't play as him, and don't necessarily want him very badly, but if he had a build-up power thingy akin to Lucario and Lucas, I would be happy. Project M's potential for him is amazing.

Last edited:

falcon PUNCH!!!

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
sw-5103-3346-4530
I really want shadow in it but knuckles really hurts his chances, does any1 else desire shadow

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
wait, people in this thread haven't-

oh man.

View attachment 36193

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
I saw that "leak"... I find it hard to believe, given how unimportant Knuckles is in Smash Bros... One of the "leaked" characters, I totally understand, the other "leaked" characters, I sort of understand? But Knuckles... Egh.

Of course, this changed my mind:

Unrelatedly, if that leak was real, I doubt that guy will be beta testing anymore... Unless they rigged it for more hype. The Development Team is getting to our heads.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Call me crazy, but I actually like the idea of Nipples the Enchilada joining PM.

Gotta go fast? NOOOOOO.

Gotta glide.

Gotta throw rocks.

Gotta not chuckle and gotta flex dem muscles.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I saw that "leak"... I find it hard to believe, given how unimportant Knuckles is in Smash Bros... One of the "leaked" characters, I totally understand, the other "leaked" characters, I sort of understand? But Knuckles... Egh.

Of course, this changed my mind:

Unrelatedly, if that leak was real, I doubt that guy will be beta testing anymore... Unless they rigged it for more hype. The Development Team is getting to our heads.
Eh, it's really hard to make a case for anyone currently not in the game being "Important" in terms of Smash Bros. I mean, they weren't put into the official games, right? How important could they possibly be?

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Knuckles is the Piccolo of the Sonic Series, How is he not important
(Tails is Krillin, Amy Chi Chi, Shadow Vegeta, Silver Trunks, Eggman is Idk the RR Army/Dr. Gero? Good enough for my game, Piccolo!)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Knuckles is the Piccolo of the Sonic Series, How is he not important
(Tails is Krillin, Amy Chi Chi, Shadow Vegeta, Silver Trunks, Eggman is Idk the RR Army/Dr. Gero? Good enough for my game, Piccolo!)
I've never liked the Shadow - Vegeta connection, probably because I think Shadow is one of the worst characters to come out of the Sonic franchise, and I like Vegeta. I kind of understand the Knuckles - Piccolo comparison, but in the Sonic series currently, there is no real comparison to the two.
Piccolo started as a enemy, so did Knux.
Piccolo became an ally, so did Knux.
Piccolo went on to be a useful addition and served as a teacher for the younger generation, Knux kind of just is there.

At this point, Knux is far less valuable to Sonic than Piccolo is to anyone. It's sad really. Sega needs to give the poor red bruiser more exposure, preferably not as the moron that Sonic Boom portrays him as.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
I've never liked the Shadow - Vegeta connection, probably because I think Shadow is one of the worst characters to come out of the Sonic franchise, and I like Vegeta. I kind of understand the Knuckles - Piccolo comparison, but in the Sonic series currently, there is no real comparison to the two.
Piccolo started as a enemy, so did Knux.
Piccolo became an ally, so did Knux.
Piccolo went on to be a useful addition and served as a teacher for the younger generation, Knux kind of just is there.

At this point, Knux is far less valuable to Sonic than Piccolo is to anyone. It's sad really. Sega needs to give the poor red bruiser more exposure, preferably not as the moron that Sonic Boom portrays him as.
Agreed on 90% of What you're saying. the 2x 5%'s that I differ on are that Shadow the Hedgehog (game), Sonic 06, Sonic Boom, and Big the Cat are imo the worst things to ever happen to the sonic franchise. I'd even go as far as putting SA2-On Tails because he lost almost everything that made him iconic :(

the other 5% of me just remembers as a kid, besides being virtually the only person i ever knew that played Sonic CD, that Knuckles (and Metal Sonic) were the epitome of what I went for vs. strictly sonic. Now don't get me wrong, entirely oppinion based and S1 all the way to SA I loved Tails just as much, but he felt like a back-seat/little brother character and knuckles to me always fit the bill as the up-to-par yet alternate Sonic that had a lot of things going on in comparison (to sonic, not tails), and I think besides Sonic Adventure (and again, Sonic CD) that S3&K was the most played game in the franchise throughout my entire life.

Not saying I agree with Knuckles, although I welcome him as the "cant jump as high or run as fast but can run through loose walls climb walls and glide whereever the **** " Alt. to a Sonic Character I could've hoped for, but that If knuckles needed any kind of "pull me out of the gutter" type pull, having him be the Falco to Sonic's Fox gets my 100% approval.

TL;DR: Yeah, I can see that. *Shrug* I can dig Knuckles.
Besides,

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
May I remind you all that adding characters is not a feat exclusive to the PMDT? Sure, their Clone Engine allows them to fill the 7 empty character files found in the game's data. But people found a way to combine PM with the Brawl EX engine to add as many characters as desired. Also, it's not like they're the only ones with the ability to create new characters.... there's so much proof of it in Brawl Vault.

Long story short, there's still a chance the leak may be fake.

I'd even go as far as putting SA2-On Tails because he lost almost everything that made him iconic :(
Because he could die? :troll:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
54 77 6f 20 6f 66 20 74 68 65 20 63 68 61 72 61 63 74 65 72 73 20 77 65 72 65 20 64 65 66 69 6e 65 74 65 6c 79 20 72 65 61 6c 2e

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
May I remind you all that adding characters is not a feat exclusive to the PMDT? Sure, their Clone Engine allows them to fill the 7 empty character files found in the game's data. But people found a way to combine PM with the Brawl EX engine to add as many characters as desired. Also, it's not like they're the only ones with the ability to create new characters.... there's so much proof of it in Brawl Vault.

Because he could die? :troll:
On Good authority, and at least a year's "heads up", but without being utterly disrespectful to the PMBR much like the one who leaked the info; Knuckles is Legit. Lying or not, what is already out there is already out there and so long as it doesn't keep Knux from ever getting his chance to stir the Meta-Pot, then I still believe.

From years of Brawl+, and playing PM since ver 2.0, I've dealt with/tested a significant amount of even Well created Characters w/PSA's, but when you try to compare their work and what they do to anything like those, You just know like immediately when something is fake.

Wait, Tails what?
I meant the god-awful Tornado-Bot.

RIP E-102 "Gamma", the only true reason the Sonic Franchise should ever care about Flickys, anything pretaining to eggman, and especially GUNS, at all. RIPInPiece.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
54 77 6f 20 6f 66 20 74 68 65 20 63 68 61 72 61 63 74 65 72 73 20 77 65 72 65 20 64 65 66 69 6e 65 74 65 6c 79 20 72 65 61 6c 2e
I WENT ALL THE WAY THROUGH THAT WHILE A SANDWICH WAS COOKING, THINKING "oh, it'll be all right, I'll make it through and get my sandwich", AND IT BURNT!! THANKS A LOT, DRACO_THE!!

Time to start decoding... Anyone have a pen and paper?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I WENT ALL THE WAY THROUGH THAT WHILE A SANDWICH WAS COOKING, THINKING "oh, it'll be all right, I'll make it through and get my sandwich", AND IT BURNT!! THANKS A LOT, DRACO_THE!!

Time to start decoding... Anyone have a pen and paper?
http://www.unit-conversion.info/texttools/hexadecimal/

I'll also use this reply to remind everyone that this is something we shouldn't be talking about.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast

because a fake leaker wouldn't have posted images of the infinite glacier balloon fighter, along with 3 early builds of the samus alts and the new CSP for donkey Kong's Punch Out alt, right?

getting sick of this "keep our heads in the sand" mentality.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
because a fake leaker wouldn't have posted images of the infinite glacier balloon fighter, along with 3 early builds of the samus alts and the new CSP for donkey Kong's Punch Out alt, right?

getting sick of this "keep our heads in the sand" mentality.
Well, this is harder to explain......

But 3 characters were leaked, right?
And the PMDT's Clone Engine was said to be able to add 7 characters, right?

So, those 3 leaked characters + Mewtwo and Roy = 5

That means there could be 2 more characters added.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Well, this is harder to explain......

But 3 characters were leaked, right?
And the PMDT's Clone Engine was said to be able to add 7 characters, right?

So, those 3 leaked characters + Mewtwo and Roy = 5

That means there could be 2 more characters added.
Five characters were leaked. Two very far in development, one with some animations, another one with a model and just the name for the last one.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
I'm aware that the PMDT would really like the leak to be ignored, but the cat's out of the bag for a lot of us now.
hell, I quote the leaker in saying that "I'm surprised (character) wasn't ready for 3.5". if i were with the PMDT I'd do a sort of faux-Sakurai devblog about the process of conceptualizing and adding a character as it's being built.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Agreed on 90% of What you're saying. the 2x 5%'s that I differ on are that Shadow the Hedgehog (game), Sonic 06, Sonic Boom, and Big the Cat are imo the worst things to ever happen to the sonic franchise. I'd even go as far as putting SA2-On Tails because he lost almost everything that made him iconic :(

the other 5% of me just remembers as a kid, besides being virtually the only person i ever knew that played Sonic CD, that Knuckles (and Metal Sonic) were the epitome of what I went for vs. strictly sonic. Now don't get me wrong, entirely oppinion based and S1 all the way to SA I loved Tails just as much, but he felt like a back-seat/little brother character and knuckles to me always fit the bill as the up-to-par yet alternate Sonic that had a lot of things going on in comparison (to sonic, not tails), and I think besides Sonic Adventure (and again, Sonic CD) that S3&K was the most played game in the franchise throughout my entire life.

Not saying I agree with Knuckles, although I welcome him as the "cant jump as high or run as fast but can run through loose walls climb walls and glide whereever the **** " Alt. to a Sonic Character I could've hoped for, but that If knuckles needed any kind of "pull me out of the gutter" type pull, having him be the Falco to Sonic's Fox gets my 100% approval.

TL;DR: Yeah, I can see that. *Shrug* I can dig Knuckles.
Besides,
While bad games are unfortunate, they're not quite as bad to me as a bad character made idiotically popular because of his color, angsty /edgy and clone-like gameplay. Shadow was a character that peaked in SA2 and yet kept getting "development" to cement him as a fan favorite despite his gameplay differences designed to make him different being basically pointless (Guns and Vehicles). I think the fact that Sega does not want to ignore the existence of the massively lackluster/bad Shadow the Hedgehog adds to my distaste for him. Sonic 06 and Boom on the other hand are widely considered bad and probably have very few fans that aren't gluttons for punishment. I don't feel there's anything inherently wrong with Big the Cat. In fact, he's pretty amusing in the comics with his vacant looks and simple manner being really unnerving to Sonic.

I get what you're saying in terms of why Knuckles should matter to us, I was simply explaining why he's not really very Piccolo-esque in the grand scheme of things Sonic related.I think just the fact that the Sonic 3 & Knuckles story was better told without any words than the majority of the stories that came after it should be a clue to Sega, but they seem too preoccupied on stupid ideas, as if they were a cat and these ideas were laser moving around on the floor, circling a good idea. Damn Sega, always chasing the red dot, never realizing that it's a waste of time and effort.

I'm all for Knux, though I'm incredibly biased in my rooting for him...because knock knock it's Knux y'all.

TL:DR: Shadow is stupid and so is Sega for ignoring Knuckles/making him a joke.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
It's even worse on mobile! (I speak from experience)

His answer didn't even meant anything at all either.
While bad games are unfortunate, they're not quite as bad to me as a bad character made idiotically popular because of his color, angsty /edgy and clone-like gameplay. Shadow was a character that peaked in SA2 and yet kept getting "development" to cement him as a fan favorite despite his gameplay differences designed to make him different being basically pointless (Guns and Vehicles). I think the fact that Sega does not want to ignore the existence of the massively lackluster/bad Shadow the Hedgehog adds to my distaste for him. Sonic 06 and Boom on the other hand are widely considered bad and probably have very few fans that aren't gluttons for punishment. I don't feel there's anything inherently wrong with Big the Cat. In fact, he's pretty amusing in the comics with his vacant looks and simple manner being really unnerving to Sonic.

I get what you're saying in terms of why Knuckles should matter to us, I was simply explaining why he's not really very Piccolo-esque in the grand scheme of things Sonic related.I think just the fact that the Sonic 3 & Knuckles story was better told without any words than the majority of the stories that came after it should be a clue to Sega, but they seem too preoccupied on stupid ideas, as if they were a cat and these ideas were laser moving around on the floor, circling a good idea. Damn Sega, always chasing the red dot, never realizing that it's a waste of time and effort.

I'm all for Knux, though I'm incredibly biased in my rooting for him...because knock knock it's Knux y'all.

TL:DR: Shadow is stupid and so is Sega for ignoring Knuckles/making him a joke.
Completely Agree/Understand.

I liked Shadow, still do, but absolutely hate what they did for (more like TO) him post Sonic Heroes (also extremely crushed as a teen to see Sega randomly try and believe the stupid ****ing Robot Clone concept..)
and Anything after that just made me really sad for him, but also made me more upset for Knuckles post SA1; Idk about you, but I really wasn't into how they tried to make him a side character in a Main Story. He was fine in SA1 being who he is, and I openly accepted his new Treasure Hunting based gameplay even while constantly wishing he could return to his Speed-based "Alt-Route" self like on S&K.

I'm really excited to play as Knuckles again and having more than a beta-build one night to test him over a year ago, and It has a Lot to do with his return being more meaningful to what Sonic Used to Be, and a guaranteed way to appreciate the franchise while ignoring the awful spiral they can't seem to get out of..

UnpopularOpinions: I honest to god miss E-102 the most. Such an easily written off but super meaningful character. "Laser-Pointer" Shooter be ignored just in his case; e-100 series clones, nor E-1000 Omega could ever replace him. (Though still wouldn't want him in Smash :T)

MLGF

Smash Lord
How has this topic not been locked with a whole page discussing leaks, lol

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
How has this topic not been locked with a whole page discussing leaks, lol
The page isn't really discussing leaks as it is talking about potential new characters and the pros/cons of said characters. At this point much of the topic seems to be on an Echidna who is rougher than the rest of them, the best of them, tougher than leather and how Sega screwed him out of his rightful spot as an icon in favor of a Black/Red clone of Sonic. Well, that and Brawl Ex being brought up a few times.

Nothing is confirmed, even if we do think it is and til then, discussion should be okay. So long as no one posts images/video of said leaks, I think we're probably fine. Probably shouldn't out and out state what is in a leaked image/video either, but I haven't seen that lately, so eh. When it was done, we pretty much jumped on the person doing it to stop.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Speaking of potential characters, and my attempt to push it back on track-ish like Pwnz0rz Man, did any of you see that Waluigi hack that's been floating around? I noticed the user, Marioking64 DS has closed all discussion in its regard, and is ignoring all messages.
And a while ago, people were requesting his official addition in Project M... Which he was working on specifically...
And the only reason that he would be so discreet... Do you think it has a chance? It was pretty huge while he was working on it, and then silence.

I super want it to be added. And my sweet and dear Pichu.
Gamma's theme is now playing on repeat in your head.
Haha! I've never been into Sonic, and have no clue who "Gamma" is! Your evil plot has been foiled!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom