• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Did you know that the day after a major Project Unleashed (Generations Mod) update, SEGA gave the game a HUGE discount on steam?
Either a coincidence or Sega wanting to benefit their wallets. Still irrelevant though. Sega has never went out of their way to stop modders and hackers was my point.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I didn't say they are more important. Where did i say that?? He is the top of my list because he is my favorite character and I like what he can bring to the table. Tails and knuckles, they came before someone so they should be there first?? Why isn't Eggman an option. Eggman was there before Tails. Tails never got his own game, Robotnic did. Why isn't Peppy ann option then, or slippy. He isn't more important. I don't really know how Knuckles is more important though. He was there first, so what. For basically 2games straight he was on the bad side. He constantly believes Eggman and his lies. If you want to go for importance I'd say its Tails Shadow then Knucklse. Tails ,shadow, and Knuckles are apparently banned from being characters, while tails and knuckles are banned from even being CPU controlled in a game (Sonic Generations had shadow as a Boss.) Why isn't Metal Sonic there?? Wasn't he before Knuckles as well?
I'm going to stop you for a history lesson. Tails had 2 games of his own. Tails' Adventure and Tails' Sky Patrol. More than "Robotnik's" 1 game. I can see you are trying to defend your choice, but please do your research so people don't call you out on it.

As for Metal Sonic and Eggman, they are not nearly as popular as Knuckles or Tails. Though I can understand where you are getting at.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I didn't say they are more important. Where did i say that?? He is the top of my list because he is my favorite character and I like what he can bring to the table. Tails and knuckles, they came before someone so they should be there first?? Why isn't Eggman an option. Eggman was there before Tails. Tails never got his own game, Robotnic did.
Tails sky patrol and Tails adventure

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think the point is that they're clearly being supportive of mods.
I understand that, but my point was aimed at the fact Sega/Sonic Team doesn't go out of their way to stop anything. Scoreboard hackers betrolling for years.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Is it alright if I edit my original vote? Seeing how others have voted shows me how I did it wrong.

+1 vote:
Lyn: I already stated why.
Pichu: Again, already stated.
(It's not possible but I can dream) Cha-Cha: He'd Cha-Cha-Change the whole Smash-alompa Brothers Game. He'd be in a teir of his own, above Fox and Falco. We'd call it the Goomy Tier.(If you couldn't tell, half of that was a joke, and the other half was a sad, unfulfilling dream)

1/2 vote:
Ridley: He'd be cool. Heavy Character with wings and fire and things. Cool, But it'd be difficult to program, manage, and balance.
Dixie: Diddy needs his girlfriend to beat up, ya know? JK but still. While she'd be a feminine version of Diddy (I know she could be modified) She'd be just... I'd be down for it, but I would probably just ignore her.
-1 vote:
K.Rool: Honestly, I find reason to put him in. Donkey and Diddy are already in. Besides, I don't want a Bowser clone.

lag comp

Smash Rookie
Up vote: Lyn, Dark Samus

Down vote: ridley, he is already a boss in the game...so they gonna shrink him just to make him playable and satisfy the fanboys? If you really wanna add a Metroid villain, Dark Samus is really doable and less of an hassle to do.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Ike and Michaiah aren't in FE11. FE11 is either Shadow Dragon or Awakening, depending on who you're talking to (Although FE11 refers to Shadow Dragon most of the time)

Path of Radiance (Ike's first game) is FE9 and Radiant Dawn (Ike's Second Game, Michaiah's game) is FE10
I meant FE10. Oops. :(

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Ima change my vote.

Upvote:
Pichu- So many people have said it I have no reason to repeat.
Lyn- She'd be an interesting Marth-style Ike clone. Not to mention females are gr8
Slippy- Easy to make another spacie and he'd complete the Team Starfox set.
Dixie- Easy enough Diddy clone with some DK inspirations and some original stuff, too.
Isaac- LOOK AT DEM POLLS HAWT DAMN. He could be a cool sword + magic user. There are so many movesets for this guy out there idek. I'm sure the PMBR could make him rad.

1/2vote:
Toad- I really wanted to put him on my list but he just didn't make it. He could be a cool sped up Mario semi-clone(same A moves different B moves). Here's a theoretical B moveset
B: Iceball- trajectory like in NSMBW
>B: Spin attack- Combination Mario Tornado and Squall Hammer
^B: Propellor Cap- Think Wario's UpB
vB: Turnip: Think Peach
He'd also have rad alt colors
Plusle and Minun- They were on my last list so here. I still like them but 2 Pika clones are a bit much.
Tails- Ever played SSF2? They made a rad Tails. That Tails would be rad in PM.
Sukapon- He looks like he'd be fun to play as. Never played the game but them musics.
Waluigi- I like him. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Downvote:
Black Shadow- I explained it earlier.
Shadow- Doesn't deserve a spot in any Smash Bros game before Tails.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Shadows games have sucked way less than tails

Tails flys planes, and flys with his tails, and spindashes, shadow has chaos control, all sonics stuff, and he has his plethora of energy moves.

Shadow is way more popular than tails.

Tails voice changes in every single sonic game, and each time he sounds more and more like a fox yiffing a rubber duck.

Shadow and Tails really suck in sonic games, but Shadow sucks much less.

Shadow is portayed as cool, tails is portayed as a male with a strong feminine personality and female traits.

Shadow fights, tails whines

I am one of the biggest Shadow fans in the world and one of the biggest Tails haters in the world, what can i say?

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
I'm noticing this too somehwat. This is why I'm not so sure it's worth debating this anymore-- We're all just arguing emotion at this point. While some of the Anti-Pichu debaters bring up valid points (too many Pokemon), I feel like others are basing their reasons on why Pichu couldn't work on purely subjective reasons or ignoring concerns that have already been addressed. I think TrojanPooh had a point. Some P:M'ers won't see our side of the argument just because they don't want it to be possible.

Sometimes there's no changing people's minds when they're subconsciously wired a certain way. We can all be that way-- I'm not above it, lol.

Ahh, that's a very good point. You're definitely right - at this point I guess there's no sense in me continuing to tell the same people the same things I've already told them. =)

Sorry Pichu! I'll always think of you with a smile, buddy. :sadeyes:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Shadows games have sucked way less than tails

Tails flys planes, and flys with his tails, and spindashes, shadow has chaos control, all sonics stuff, and he has his plethora of energy moves.

Shadow is way more popular than tails.

Tails voice changes in every single sonic game, and each time he sounds more and more like a fox yiffing a rubber duck.

Shadow and Tails really suck in sonic games, but Shadow sucks much less.

Shadow is portayed as cool, tails is portayed as a male with a strong feminine personality and female traits.

Shadow fights, tails whines

I am one of the biggest Shadow fans in the world and one of the biggest Tails haters in the world, what can i say?
While I'm all for Shadow, there is no point in reacting like this in response to someone's post. These reactions are exactly why people hate Sonic fans, and refuse to support us. Even more so Shadow fans. If you want anyone to take him seriously, you've got to respond in a way that doesn't make you look like the stereotype set by others, or else it becomes true. I'm on your side, but lets not be haters please...

XRagingxDemonX

Smash Cadet
I'm going to stop you for a history lesson. Tails had 2 games of his own. Tails' Adventure and Tails' Sky Patrol. More than "Robotnik's" 1 game. I can see you are trying to defend your choice, but please do your research so people don't call you out on it.

As for Metal Sonic and Eggman, they are not nearly as popular as Knuckles or Tails. Though I can understand where you are getting at.
Completely forgot about those.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Ima change my vote.

Upvote:
Pichu- So many people have said it I have no reason to repeat.
Lyn- She'd be an interesting Marth-style Ike clone. Not to mention females are gr8
Slippy- Easy to make another spacie and he'd complete the Team Starfox set.
Dixie- Easy enough Diddy clone with some DK inspirations and some original stuff, too.
Isaac- LOOK AT DEM POLLS HAWT DAMN. He could be a cool sword + magic user. There are so many movesets for this guy out there idek. I'm sure the PMBR could make him rad.

1/2vote:
Toad- I really wanted to put him on my list but he just didn't make it. He could be a cool sped up Mario semi-clone(same A moves different B moves). Here's a theoretical B moveset
B: Iceball- trajectory like in NSMBW
>B: Spin attack- Combination Mario Tornado and Squall Hammer
^B: Propellor Cap- Think Wario's UpB
vB: Turnip: Think Peach
He'd also have rad alt colors
Plusle and Minun- They were on my last list so here. I still like them but 2 Pika clones are a bit much.
Tails- Ever played SSF2? They made a rad Tails. That Tails would be rad in PM.
Sukapon- He looks like he'd be fun to play as. Never played the game but them musics.
Waluigi- I like him. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Downvote:
Black Shadow- I explained it earlier.
Neat Toad moveset. Did you see the one I made up for him? It's linked in his section on the original post.

XRagingxDemonX

Smash Cadet
I'm noticing this too somehwat. This is why I'm not so sure it's worth debating this anymore-- We're all just arguing emotion at this point. While some of the Anti-Pichu debaters bring up valid points (too many Pokemon), I feel like others are basing their reasons on why Pichu couldn't work on purely subjective reasons or ignoring concerns that have already been addressed. I think TrojanPooh had a point. Some P:M'ers won't see our side of the argument just because they don't want it to be possible.

Sometimes there's no changing people's minds when they're subconsciously wired a certain way. We can all be that way-- I'm not above it, lol.

For example, I'm not personally crazy about Bowser Jr-- I think there are plenty of worthier additions than him, and I think there's a part of me that's still bitter that he displaced the Koopalings for so long. However, just because I'm not personally a huge fan of Bowser Jr doesn't mean that he doesn't have a chance, that the PMBR couldn't properly balance him or give him an original playstyle, or that other people can't have valid reasons for wanting him in the game.
Who am I to throw logic and valid points out of the window just for the sake of feeling justified in my own subjective personal opinion?
Sometimes it just makes a lot more sense to say that while this character is feasible and there *are* people who would be happy to see and main them, I'd rather see someone else.

As far as Pichu goes, I think P:M could really use someone who's intentionally goofier/siller than the rest of the cast to serve as a more subtle way of going easy on non-hardcore players, trolling, and making opponents extra-salty. If not Pichu, it would be nice to see someone to fill that niche. There are plenty of ways that Pichu can be revamped that have been posted here-- let's not forget that Roy was also a bad clone in melee-- sure, Pichu may have never been intended to be good, but then again, Brawl was never intended to have depth. Who said that joke characters can't stand out too? That's just my personal opinion though. I can't go around putting that out as fact. We just gotta call opinions and facts as we see them, I suppose.

I hate to bring this back up, and again, I'm not out to attack anyone or single anybody out, so I'm sorry if this comes off sounding like a "take that". It's just something I've observed.

(Man, I feel like a hypocrite coming back to this ;___; )
I don't know about you but its fun trolling people with Ganon. Every time they do something i either Grab them or just stomp-train them. Then when tired of them hitting me i spartan kick them off. Idk why but it looks hilarious seeing that kick and the person goes flying. I see what you are saying. It would be nice if P:M Decides not to do Fully fledged new characters (which is quite a few numbers from the choices) Then a non-Melee incarnate version of Pichu would be fine. I hate him because Pichu was so bad in its own way. You could use Pichu like Pikachu and Boss out for a little while until the opponent comes back. Roy on the other hand could hold his own for a little longer simply because he didn't damage himself with a great number of his Own attacks. He was bad from his Move for what they did to others, not for what they did against himself. If you are good enough and the opponent is stupid enough, you don't even have to attack Pichu til a certain point. Pichu would only be a Troll if you managed to make someone pick it saying its better than Pikachu and just watch the person kill themselves. My Opinion

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
What are the chances they think some of our ideas are preposterous?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
While I'm all for Shadow, there is no point in reacting like this in response to someone's post. These reactions are exactly why people hate Sonic fans, and refuse to support us. Even more so Shadow fans. If you want anyone to take him seriously, you've got to respond in a way that doesn't make you look like the stereotype set by others, or else it becomes true. I'm on your side, but lets not be haters please...
Dont take it too seriously buddy, i post stuff like this all the time. If it seems like im dying to have shadow in i apologize, i dont care if he gets in or not, im all in for isaac. Im a big shadow fan, but i returned the game shadow the hedgehog the day i got it.
and btw most of the points i made were completely irrelevant.

Malion

Smash Ace
What are you implying? Tails is a worse character for being "feminine"?
He's not even feminine... not that that would be an issue. I'd describe his personality as more childish... like a young boy genius type character. He's younger than sonic so that is taken into account in his voice and his actions... but he's not as young and childish as characters like Cream.

Shadow on the other hand is the 17 year old who keeps to himself because nobody understands hiiiim.

It's ok if you like that guy more but the smart kid has his own qualites that make him fun enough to be around.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
He's not even feminine... not that that would be an issue. I'd describe his personality as more childish... like a young boy genius type character. He's younger than sonic so that is taken into account in his voice and his actions... but he's not as young and childish as characters like Cream.

Shadow on the other hand is the 17 year old who keeps to himself because nobody understands hiiiim.

It's ok if you like that guy more but the smart kid has his own qualites that make him fun enough to be around.

As someone who detests Sonic with a passion, I really like Tails, and this is totally true about his character. He's just so much more colorful than the rest of the Sonic cast to me, and I wouldn't mind him in a smash game.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
The only knowledge of shadow that I even have is Sonic adventure 2.

I feel I got to know him pretty well from that one game. Does he change significantly in any of the other ones?

Edit : A PM would be preferred since I don't want to turn this into a shadow general thread.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Dont take it too seriously buddy, i post stuff like this all the time. If it seems like im dying to have shadow in i apologize, i dont care if he gets in or not, im all in for isaac. Im a big shadow fan, but i returned the game shadow the hedgehog the day i got it.
and btw most of the points i made were completely irrelevant.
Oh I'm not. Someone else might though.

That aside, I did learn something from ShTH. Build a Shadow army. -bricked-

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
They're thinking "Oh man, those kids are gonna be maaaaad when we announce Pichu on Christmas Day!"

8)

Haha ya.

But I'm gona say, if they do decide to bring back pichu, I think they'd actually make him a character we might actually end up liking. They wouldn't just put him in without buffing him up.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Pichu in at all, thats a waste of a space to me. But I'm sure they'd do a good job with him.

Malion

Smash Ace
I heard from a reliable source that Pichu was for sure in... trust me my dad works at super smash bros.com.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Excuse me for missing your post while typing up my Essay... When i started this thing the last person to ost was Cubelarooso.
I've explained numerous times throughout the history of this thread. Unless it took you hours/days/weeks/whatevers to make your post it wasn't due to being occupied when I posted.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
would love to cast my two cents into the Lyn discussion that erratically pops up in this thread now and then.

It's true that making characters mirror their respective game appearances is not a HUGE priority when regarding Vanilla Smash (prime example - Ganon). having said that, the PMBR is doing a brilliant job in regards to some of the overhauled movesets some characters now have (sonic, wario, pokemon) that are more or less lifted from their existing games or better interpretations of them (extremespeed on lucario for example).
now I'm aware that the fire emblem characters are not the best representations of their respective profiles from their games (if it were, Roy would look rather underwhelming in P:M, let me tell you..) and this trend seems to carry over into P:M. however, I think with lyn it would be a good chance to implement her in a way that would work around her profile in FE7. in all of my playthroughs, she has always ended up as being somewhat of a Glass Cannon - fast, hits hard thanks to a passabe strength stat and rather constantly respectable critical rate, but falls apart if someone so much as (g)lances at her menacingly. before I was familiar with the "Battoujutsu" style that ManlySpirit described in his (rather excellent) hypothetical Lyn write-up post, I always likened her strikes to those of Devil May Cry 3's Vergil using Yamato - quick, single, devastating strikes that always end with him sheathing his blade (with a somewhat large endlag, unless cancelled). while she is capable of using a bow upon promotion, not many people i know (including myself) actually made use of this ability - it wouldn't be missed, and it's one less article to worry about. being an athletic girl from the plains, I can also picture her not exclusively using her blade in combat - punches, kicks, sword while in sheath, ect.

With all this in mind, I think Lyn would be more suitable as a light character (like, almost kirby-melee light), and strikes rather hard with any attack involving her sword (with sizeable endlag). if my understanding of the way the clone engine works is correct, i'd think ZSS or Shiek would be good bases to go from - if that's how it works. i don't want to make out that i have no understanding of how this process works and i'm just talking out of my ass.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Hmmm, Lyn over ZSS, that's kinda interesting. The cool thing there is that ZSS takes out her whip in the same way that Lyn would be unsheathing/sheathing her sword.

I really like that!

And yeah, Manly Spirit's art was amazing. I dunno if I said that already, but that concept art was just so cool/cute/awesome.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
If they want to add a new Pokemon, they should add Magikarp. Such a fine piece of Pokemon history.
Picture this:
Neutral B: Splash - does nothing
Side B: Splash - does nothing
Down B: Splash - does nothing
Up B: Splash - does nothing
Fsmash: Splash - does nothing
Upsmash: Splash - does nothing
Dsmash: Splash - does nothing
Ftilt: Splash - does nothing
Uptilt: Splash - does nothing
Dtilt: Splash - does nothing
Jab: Splash - does nothing
Nair: Splash - does nothing
Bair: Splash - does nothing
Fair: Splash - does nothing
Dair: Splash - does nothing
Upair: Splash - does nothing
Final Smash: Evolves into Gyarados, uses splash - does nothing

As you can see, Magikarp's key strength lies in hacking the game to give him 999 in every stat and a perfect-coverage movepool. Only then can you truly master his fighting style.

On a slightly unrelated note, I don't think it's wise to want to know what the PMBR thinks of our ideas. Ignorance might indeed be bliss in this case :p

Gotta say, I'm still neutral on Pichu, but if he makes it in I'd love to try that Pichu vs. Pika matchup again. I love clone matchups, as I've said, but something about that one wasn't too great. If I played as Pichu I just felt bullied, and if I played as Pikachu I felt like a bully. It would be nice to revisit that, at the very least, even if I don't feel it's particularly worth it over other options. So I guess I'm a sympathetic-neutral, at least.

Edit: ZSS definitely seems like a possible base. I'd never thought of that one.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
If they wanted to incorporate Lyn's bow, Shiek COULD be the best base. Not for her Light Arrows though, but for her needles.
In FE7, a lot of arrows in the attack animations were just straight, white lines. So, as a nod to the series, they could take Shiek's needles and enlarge them, maybe distort their proportions a little, and BAM.......straight white line.

Lyn_bladelord_bow.gif

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
If they wanted to incorporate Lyn's bow, Shiek COULD be the best base. Not for her Light Arrows though, but for her needles.
In FE7, a lot of arrows in the attack animations were just straight, white lines. So, as a nod to the series, they could take Shiek's needles and enlarge them, maybe distort their proportions a little, and BAM.......straight white line.

Oooh, that's interesting. And Sheik does have the whip! Maybe that can finally be useful, if they're able to manipulate that enough that it becomes a sword.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
On a slightly unrelated note, I don't think it's wise to want to know what the PMBR thinks of our ideas. Ignorance might indeed be bliss in this case :p

Gotta say, I'm still neutral on Pichu, but if he makes it in I'd love to try that Pichu vs. Pika matchup again. I love clone matchups, as I've said, but something about that one wasn't too great. If I played as Pichu I just felt bullied, and if I played as Pikachu I felt like a bully. It would be nice to revisit that, at the very least, even if I don't feel it's particularly worth it over other options. So I guess I'm a sympathetic-neutral, at least.

My favorite was to play as Pichu and feel like Revenge of the Nerds.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Oooh, that's interesting. And Sheik does have the whip! Maybe that can finally be useful, if they're able to manipulate that enough that it becomes a sword.

Well they wouldn't really NEED the whip to make a sword. The sword doesn't need an article itself. However, if they run out of ideas for specials, it's there for them to mess around with for an interesting, viable, not-so-canon attack. Shiek as a base is starting to sound better and better, considering how her physics are already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom