• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Here's something else to consider... if the PMBR was going to put Pichu in, they probably would've done so already. It doesn't make sense to leave out a former veteran out of this big release. If anything, they'd probably only add new characters after 3.0, if they do at all.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hm maybe pokemon trainer could be an interesting addition. perhaps he could throw pokemon out who are a lot less OP than when using a pokeball.. they could do attacks that deal minor damage like dedede's minions or the pikmin. Another way he could use pokemon is specifically for particular moves..

For example for up B a flying pokemon could pop out and help him glide. Or for a smash attack a fighting type pokemon could pop out and hit an opponent with iron fist or something and then go away again. I'm not sure how to describe this better, hopefully some of you get what I'm trying to say.

Another move could involve throwing an empty pokeball at any character which would capture the characters (the more damaged the longer theyre trapped) and then you could use that pokeball to throw at people or you could throw it off the edge. I duno if that would work, just an idea.

I dont know what other Ideas would be good... I don't think it would make sense for pokemon trainer to just have his own kicks and punches.. Pokemon trainers never fight their own battles lol.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Here's something else to consider... if the PMBR was going to put Pichu in, they probably would've done so already. It doesn't make sense to leave out a former veteran out of this big release. If anything, they'd probably only add new characters after 3.0, if they do at all.
next time i want my dreams crushed i will let you know,

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
DK would also be a good base for Goron Link. I guess the only weird thing there is what is he - a heavier DK? DK's already such a beast, I dunno if the game could handle him getting his own Ganondorf.

MM Link is one of those guys I'm really hoping gets into Smash 4, cause I can't ever see the PMBR doing that character.

Although here's a good way for the PM team to use the remaining 5 slots:

Deku Link
Goron Link
Zora Link
Young Link
Fierce Deity Link

In this way all the Links.

I know im the one that brought up this awesomeness but that would not be a good idea lol. I would rather them work with a different character than take all the extra character slot by putting in more characters from zelda. If they could turn it into the whole pokemon trainer deal then hell yea im down, but seeing as they split all the pokemon up for a reason it just seems unlikely that it would work out having all masks as one character

And n another thing. I think that if they do fierce deity link then he should definitely be a final smash

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
also there is plenty of time between now and the release date for pichu to be finished towards the release of the update

trojanpooh

Smash Lord

How so? 7 new characters plus all the other new stuff is an extremely heavy workload. Compared to the other 2 Melee cuts Pichu is clearly the lowest priority so it makes sense that he'd not necessarily make it to this release. Besides, being more divisive means they need to spend more time discussing before they ultimately decide to add him ;)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Every character are in the game, exept Pichu. I'm realy sad about this... It unfair.T_T

Awesome video ! *-*

If more characters are added it will be after 3.0
I wasn't expecting even more characters on this version.

The way they introduced Samus was amazing though. I was like WAT WHERES SAMUS! And then BAM!

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
If more characters are added it will be after 3.0
I wasn't expecting even more characters on this version.

The way they introduced Samus was amazing though. I was like WAT WHERES SAMUS! And then BAM!
PMBR best troll.

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
Same there ! x3

And about Pichu, I'm still scared he will maybe not able to be on the game and I'm find that unfair... I don't care about the nomber of Pokemon. He are a veterant and he have a lot of fan.

I wish we will find a way to ensure his place on PM ! ><

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I think they're hiding something though... they didn't show her screw attack at all. I don't know what it could be but they're leaving something out.

Edit: also one dissapointing part is kirby's hammer in the air. it still works like the crappy brawl version :(
Why doesn't he spin like in melee!

StevenBeastMode

Smash Cadet
I think they're hiding something though... they didn't show her screw attack at all. I don't know what it could be but they're leaving something out.

Edit: also one dissapointing part is kirby's hammer in the air. it still works like the crappy brawl version :(
They demonstrated the screw attack towards the end of her segment. It comes after she uses her dair on ZSS I believe? It starts to fade out, but it's there.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Samus has a stance change so does that mean Gannondorf can use a sword with the moveset he has now?!

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace

except they did

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hm maybe pokemon trainer could be an interesting addition. perhaps he could throw pokemon out who are a lot less OP than when using a pokeball.. they could do attacks that deal minor damage like dedede's minions or the pikmin. Another way he could use pokemon is specifically for particular moves..

For example for up B a flying pokemon could pop out and help him glide. Or for a smash attack a fighting type pokemon could pop out and hit an opponent with iron fist or something and then go away again. I'm not sure how to describe this better, hopefully some of you get what I'm trying to say.

Another move could involve throwing an empty pokeball at any character which would capture the characters (the more damaged the longer theyre trapped) and then you could use that pokeball to throw at people or you could throw it off the edge. I duno if that would work, just an idea.

I dont know what other Ideas would be good... I don't think it would make sense for pokemon trainer to just have his own kicks and punches.. Pokemon trainers never fight their own battles lol.
I'm not sure if they could program specific pokemon to specific moves, but that would be cool.

other ideas I have had are him riding his bike, using the old rod for grabs and maybe an up special, looking through his bag (probably would work for dtilt), planting bait that causes opponents to sleep apon stepping, and throwing rocks like he did in the safari zone. my friend also came up with the idea of red stunning the opponent with a flash from the pokedex, but not too sure how well that would work. all without using pokeballs.

and who says Red can't do a couple punches or kicks? there's been many implications of trainers fighting alongside their pokemon throughout the games, we just never see it since the game's based around battling.

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
The difference about Pichu and any other character is that... Pichu is a veterant. He was on Melee, so in my opinion, it enought to be a priority. :x

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
i thought we already said pokemon trainer was not gonna make it, especially since he would be the ninth character along with Pichu

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My votes!

1 vote:

K. Rool (I wish I could vote multiple times for him. The only, absolutely only, character I wanted in Brawl that could've and should've made it. PLEASE!)
Ridley
Dixie

1/2 vote:
Isaac
Black Shadow/Ganon
Paper Mario

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
if there's an 8th pokemon character it should be pokemon trainer.

that said, there's a huge chance we won't get an eighth pokemon character.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer is technically a cutted char in PM.
In smash4 he is considered a veteran, there is exactly two empty spaces in the roster (him and pichu), and even there is a line dedicated exclusively for pokemon characters, except for 2 places. Come on, is destiny.

I really dont want new characters in PM, but if i will pick someone is him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom