• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
it seems kind of counter productive on a character that probably wouldn't want to stand still for long.

I guess that's true given the traditional sense of how bows are used in Smash. But they don't really need to abide by those rules, and they could make her be able to angle her shot in the air and on the ground like Pit, maybe even adding in a waveland cancel for extra mobility. Even if that's out of the question (for some reason), Shiek already fires her needles at an angle while in the air, which allows for easy gimps and unorthodox approach/combo options. The arrow also doesn't really need to be chargeable, and could have a set damage at maybe 2 - 4%, which could also result in minimal start-up lag. These arrows are starting to sound more and more like Falco lasers................oh well. They'll be more aesthetically pleasing, more versatile, and probably a little less spammable, so that's different enough, I say.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
My favorite was to play as Pichu and feel like Revenge of the Nerds.

I think that's the best argument for Pichu in this entire thread.

Well they wouldn't really NEED the whip to make a sword. The sword doesn't need an article itself. However, if they run out of ideas for specials, it's there for them to mess around with for an interesting, viable, not-so-canon attack. Shiek as a base is starting to sound better and better, considering how her physics are already.
Oooo, is that how it works? Cool beans. Hahaha, then the Side-B could become Lyn with a wii-mote, waggling that thing around trying to make something happen.

XRagingxDemonX

Smash Cadet
I've explained numerous times throughout the history of this thread. Unless it took you hours/days/weeks/whatevers to make your post it wasn't due to being occupied when I posted.
I've only read around the linked posts from the OP. Then also the last page.

Are you that important?? That I have to know exactly what you've posted throughout this 50+ page forum??
Its one thing if I started reading or following when there wasn't 50+ pages to read of fanboy bickering. Lyn's reply was also based off of arguing with a move-set post. So excuse me for not wanting to find your special posts.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Off-Topic: Doesn`t Shiek`s whip remind anyone of that one castlevania game where you could swing the whip in circles similarly to how you can swing it around is smash?

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Off-Topic: Doesn`t Shiek`s whip remind anyone of that one castlevania game where you could swing the whip in circles similarly to how you can swing it around is smash?
yeah that was the first thing I thought about when I first played sheik in melee, also that has been in more then just the one castlevania game just to let you know :D I think it's been in like 3-5 of them at the least.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
yeah that was the first thing I thought about when I first played sheik in melee, also that has been in more then just the one castlevania game just to let you know :D I think it's been in like 3-5 of them at the least.
Didn`t know that, I haven`t played a Castlevania game since I bought Symphony of the Night like forever ago (BTW you all need to go buy this game, it`s awesome).

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
So what are the totals in the vote currently, how much higher is pichu ranked than the others?
Very few changes since the last count, considering there weren't many more votes (like 9 more). Dark Samus moved ahead of K Rool, who is tied with Sami and Dixie (but has a better percentage than both of them). Pichu is now behind Tetra, so to answer your question, Pichu is only ranked higher than Krystal, Toon Zelda, Waluigi, and the three Sonic characters right now.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
I would love love LOVE to see majoras mask young link put in the game. Its something that i have dreamed about since melee. I do understand that it would be hard though considering he has 3 alternate forms other than his original. Meaning that would take up 3 slots But i have always felt like young/toon link just isnt as big of a threat as adult link. The masks could change his gameplay dramatically. You coukd kind of copy the boomerang from their original attack but make it 2 projectiles instead of one for the zora mask. For the goron mask you could clone sonics spin but make it much slower and more powerful. And for the deku mask...... screw the deku mask lol jk but you get what i mean. I apologize if someone already posted this but i read the op and this page. I dont have the time nor patience to read all pages

Malion

Smash Ace
Deku would be pretty cool actually, he has speed and lightness on his side... plus the far greater potential for getting back to the stage. But he'd be weak.
Goron would be a lumbering Sonic with tough fists but a poor ability to get back to the stage.
And Zora would be a middle of the road type with an average speed and jump and attack.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
The only knowledge of shadow that I even have is Sonic adventure 2.

I feel I got to know him pretty well from that one game. Does he change significantly in any of the other ones?
In his spinoff debut he pistol-whips soldiers and cusses like a sailor.

I'm not joking.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
In his spinoff debut he pistol-whips soldiers and cusses like a sailor.

I'm not joking.
It wasn`t a spinoff, it was a sonic game that used the sonic heros engine and affected the status of Shadow`s amnesia which was introduced in the Not Spinoff Sonic Heros. Also everyone in that game cussed, even sonic.

Malion

Smash Ace
For a sonic game I agree there was a lot of sweating but nothing heavier than damn or hell.... I mean it was still rated E-10. lol

But yeah that game was awful edgy nonsense.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
For a sonic game I agree there was a lot of sweating but nothing heavier than damn or hell.... I mean it was still rated E-10. lol

But yeah that game was awful edgy nonsense.
Seriously SEGA, you can`t just change the continuity on a dime like that just because Shadow is a "darker" character.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Deku would be pretty cool actually, he has speed and lightness on his side... plus the far greater potential for getting back to the stage. But he'd be weak.
Goron would be a lumbering Sonic with tough fists but a poor ability to get back to the stage.
And Zora would be a middle of the road type with an average speed and jump and attack.

Ya I'd imagine deku link to feel a bit like ivysaur (his speed and weight) and his moves:

Up b (on ground) - burrow untill you let go of b (or until a timer runs out so people cant just hide in the ground). When you let go of b you shoot out into the air and then can float with the flower petals
Up b (in air) - shoot up and then float with the flower petals

side B - deku nuts - shoot a deku nut and stun oponents. if you're in the air you drop the deku nut and if floating with the up B move, you can throw the deku nut without interrupting the float. The deku nut would hurt you on contact, and would work like ivysaurs spores if they land on the ground (you get stunned if you're near the deku nut when it lands on the ground.

B - bubble charge. this move could perhaps work a bit differently than in MM. If its charged a tiny bit and hits someone it does a bit of damage. But if fully charged, it can trap people inside (like in bubble bobble for those who know what that is).This gives you an opportunity to attack the person in the bubble. But also, the bubble would pop at some point. When it pops it does more damage/has more knockback. So if slightly charged it does a bit more damage and knocks back a bit when it pops, but when fully charged and it pops it can almost be like a kill move if someone is highly damaged.

Goron link id say would be a combination of sonic and donkey kong.

Up b - i forgot what its called, but he would roll into a ball and jump into the air and then come down and smash the ground

Side B - kinda can work like sonics OLD side b, but instead of charging the spin on the spot he would start rolling forward slowly, and would be able to deal small amounts of damage. if you roll long enough the spikes appear and he rolls faster and does more damage. at this point it would work much like sonics side b did, except you cant jump off the ground, and turning would take a lot more time.

B - punching combo. this would kind of work like the sword dance, but it would be much more powerful and much slower.

Zora link i think should feel a lot like lucario/fox/shiek - most of his A attacks should make him feel very much like a ninja.

Up b would work similairly to lucarios up b except he would have that forcefield thing around him when he does it.

side b - he would throw both his fins and they would work like links boomerang, but there would be 2 of them to have to watch for

b - he would use his force field as a reflector/it can deal damage and enemies can get stuck in it similar to lucas' down b

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
+1 vote
I think that Dark Samus would be great since it would be easier to make than most characters and being a metroid villain is another reason.

Another possible one I would like is to see Ganondorf with his sword and magic,this would also allow F-Zero to get another rep with Captain Falcon.

Shadow also seems great for pretty much the same reasons ask dark Samus cloneable and is a very popular character looking at how he is the highest downloaded character on brawl vault.

Everyone else I am indifferent toward the more characters the better!

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
It wasn`t a spinoff, it was a sonic game that used the sonic heros engine and affected the status of Shadow`s amnesia which was introduced in the Not Spinoff Sonic Heros. Also everyone in that game cussed, even sonic.
Yeah buddy Frasier expanded on plot points introduced in Cheers but that's still a spinoff. Also who cares?

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Right, because adding a 3rd link is totally worth 80% of the remaining slots.
I agree. If it could be done without eating all the slots then it would be an awesome idea. I wouldnt really care if MM young link was in it i just want thw different masks. But as far as the sonic discussion goes i would honestly rather have knuckles over shadow. He is known as being a villian and a good guy, shadow kind of is too i suppose. His flying would be easy to copy. Ever since i seen him on here i imagined his floating would be like charizards. Why i dont know because i think everybodys flying is pretty similar but maybe he could have warios down b when he punches the ground and maybe he can actually grapple on to the stagefor a short period of time and climb it. Im honestly not a big shadow fan so maybe that has some influencing. I just think shadow would be a lot harder to make. With his skating instead of running. If he did make it then i dont think he should be played the same as sonic. Other than the spin he shouldnt have the same moveset. His chaos control could be easily cloned from mewtwo as teleport. Both characters would make a great addition but id prefer knuckles

SonicMario

Smash Master
I agree. If it could be done without eating all the slots then it would be an awesome idea. I wouldnt really care if MM young link was in it i just want thw different masks. But as far as the sonic discussion goes i would honestly rather have knuckles over shadow. He is known as being a villian and a good guy, shadow kind of is too i suppose. His flying would be easy to copy. Ever since i seen him on here i imagined his floating would be like charizards. Why i dont know because i think everybodys flying is pretty similar but maybe he could have warios down b when he punches the ground and maybe he can actually grapple on to the stagefor a short period of time and climb it. Im honestly not a big shadow fan so maybe that has some influencing. I just think shadow would be a lot harder to make. With his skating instead of running. If he did make it then i dont think he should be played the same as sonic. Other than the spin he shouldnt have the same moveset. His chaos control could be easily cloned from mewtwo as teleport. Both characters would make a great addition but id prefer knuckles
No love for Sonic's Luigi? :p

Anyway...

UPVOTES
Tails
Black Shadow / Ganondorf
Ridley
K. Rool
Toad

HALF-VOTES
Waluigi
Sukapon
Paper Mario
Plusle & Minun

DOWNVOTES
Shadow

Reason: Because I believe there's only one spot for an extra Sonic character that's negotiable even if of course chances are slim there will be one in the first place given how the list is going so far. I think Tails would be enough to suffice if it ever came to pass. As the OP states, Shadow is not deserving of this spot over him.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
the only third link I would accept would be deku link because he doesn't look like link and he's my favorite out of the 3 mask transformations.

EDIT I'm updating my votes so along with my previous ones
[collapse=My previous votes]
Red
Isaac
Tom Nook
Dixie
Tetra

1/2 ridley
[/collapse]

I also vote
1/2 tails
1/2 Masked Man/claus/whatever
1/2 Saki
1/2 Lyn

Downvotes
Shadow
Because he's shadow. I don't think I need to explain. (fine, he's not really important in the grand scheme of things)

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
DK would also be a good base for Goron Link. I guess the only weird thing there is what is he - a heavier DK? DK's already such a beast, I dunno if the game could handle him getting his own Ganondorf.

MM Link is one of those guys I'm really hoping gets into Smash 4, cause I can't ever see the PMBR doing that character.

Although here's a good way for the PM team to use the remaining 5 slots:

Deku Link
Goron Link
Zora Link
Young Link
Fierce Deity Link

In this way all the Links.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I honestly think that red could work in project M, like I've stated before.

I've found a pretty good work-in-progress hack (by Angelglory)

At the beginning it's a WIP of Ridley, so skip to 1:13 to see the pokemon trainer mod. it's a bit choppy, but looks good. doubt it will ever be finished though.

(also I have no idea what that thing at the end of the video was supposed to be, don't ask me.)

I think the pokemon trainer already has an advantage since he's already got a bunch of animations, like an idle animation, a run and a jump. (not to mention he could probably borrow animations from characters like Snake, Ike or maybe Link.)

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Pokemon Trainer on Olimar, I wonder... could you make it so that B calls out a pokemon that he then uses to fight?

Holy $@#% that moveset would take years to make if it worked like that, if you made multiple pokemon that he could call out. zomg.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I suppose that they could maybe create a duplicate pokeball item, then make Pokemon Trainer/Red be able to summon weak pokemon with that.

(the reason why I say duplicate is so they could change the probability of pokemon so there's never a super overpowered one. then again, don't know if they really could, or even really need to.)

It also seems that there's a bunch of unused sound effects for him if he was playable, but they are all Japanese. don't know how people would like them but they are there.

Tofer Dallah

Smash Cadet
I'm realy happy to see that so many Pichu fan defend his place on PM ! Maybe we will make the thing change about our favorite Pokemon in smash ! :3

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

Key word is idea. You're essentially making 4 characters. That's gonna be what, 2800 hours or so? Good luck selling that...

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
well now that it is confirmed that all characters from brawl are in 3.0 PMBR can think more on the uses of the clone engine

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hopefully~
well now that it is confirmed that all characters from brawl are in 4.0 PMBR can think more on the uses of the clone engine
I'm hoping for Lyn, imo. I have some slight doubts that they're going to do all 5.

@Articfox8: I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom