• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I've been holding back personal bias for these characters for quite a while, but I think things have gone a little too far for my liking.

There is indeed quite a difference between Nintendo representation and Smash representation. I'm sorry to say that I dread the thought of a Smash character making it into the roster of Nintendo All Stars. Tabuu is bland, Primid is bland, and Master Hand is beyond bland. No matter what the PMBR could do for these characters and their movesets, I could never get behind them. Clone Engine Slots should be reserved for characters rich in Nintendo history or have no representation within Smash to begin with. Nearly every character on our OP meets these requirements in some way (yes, even the 3rd Party Characters), but I just can't back generic, characterless creations made solely for you to beat the crap out of as playable characters.

I don't do this often, but I have to give downvotes for the three characters I mentioned above:

-1 Tabuu
-1 Master Hand
-1 Primid

What about Sandbag guys.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
-1 to Primid. A generic minion with no real history to take a full character slot? No

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Everyone, Sol. Everyone.

Or at least, anyone who actually knows why they should be hyped for Monday. :p
So then nobody? Because we don't know what we are getting on Monday, unless you are one of those fortunate enough to be a Smash 4 dev or are associated with Smash 4's devs.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
So I wanna bring this up since I remembered... My step dad bought me a game while I was gone. He found it at some yard sale for like...$2 or something. He had no idea what it was. But when I got back and looked at it myself, I realized he bought me a Fire Emblem game. Specifically Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. So now I'm going to take the time and play it so I can actually have an opinion on this series.
It is *difficult* for me not to cringe when you say that your introduction to this series is going to be one of the two games that are rather uninspired, were poorly promoted and led to the series near dying before Awakening revitalized it.

That said, the strategy is all there. The maps do tend sprawl a bit more than average FE games though and characterization is left more to the imagination than usual. It's still a fun enough ride at the end of the day.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
It is *difficult* for me not to cringe when you say that your introduction to this series is going to be one of the two games that are rather uninspired, were poorly promoted and led to the series near dying before Awakening revitalized it.

That said, the strategy is all there. The maps do tend sprawl a bit more than average FE games though and characterization is left more to the imagination than usual. It's still a fun enough ride at the end of the day.
If you don't mind me asking, what's the other uninspired FE game?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'm aware that a series is capable of producing a turd installment. But unless the gameplay of this series has really changed drastically other installments compared to this particular installment, I'll be able to deduct if I actually like the gameplay or not. The story is a completely different beast. I'm not exactly the harshest critic, despite what you all seem to think. I do take all things into consideration. If I just don't like the style of gameplay, then that is just my preference. It is hardly fair to say that I'm being critical about it, especially when I only just found this thing laying in my room when I got back from my trip. It isn't like I asked for this particular installment.

And just for an update on that, I'm actually thoroughly enjoying it. I just wish my good characters didn't die every 5 seconds. Though that is bound to happen when you are new to a series. But Cain seems to be ripping through enemies like toilet paper, Marth seems to crit nearly everything I see, and I just **** bricks after seeing a mage use Excalibur. I would probably end up liking Awakening or FE 7 if I ever got my hands on them.

I do see that. I'm hardly a fan of the sprite choices they made with this game though. The older installments seem far more stylized to my liking. Though Awakening has a nice style to it too.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd recommend Sacred Stones, Awakening, and especially the Tellius Saga (Because Ike is literally the best lord, and the story is amazing. Those games are just hard to find.) I find those to be much more enjoyable than some of the earlier ones, including FE7, but I have played it, and it was very good still.

I wouldn't recommend playing Roy's game until you've played FE7 at least though. FE7 is a prequel to it.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday, @ Super_Primid Super_Primid posted this moveset in a independent thread, And, (After being told by Shadic) he's decided to move it here.
however, because he is unable to do so, he's requested me to post it for him.

Grab some popcorn folks, you're in for a long one.

Super_Primid: "I think that Primid should be in Project M and that he would be a great addition to the roster. He also wouldn't be messing with any of the given rules. Also he would be from his own series (technically from smash). Do without wasting any more the I shall show u the move set I thought up for him.

Jab:
Damage: 2% per jab
Startup: 6 frames
Active: Frames 3 - 26
End lag: 4 frames
Priority: Medium
Knock back: very low
Notes:slower than Kirby's but does more damage per jab.

F Tilt:
Damage: 12%
Start up: 10 frames
Active: Frames 5-14
Endlag: 19 frames
Knock back: Medium
Priority: Very High
Notes: hitting on the last active frame causes tripping.

D Tilt:
Damage: 8%
Start up: 6 frames
Active: Frames 3-12
Endlag: 15 frames
Knock back: low
Notes: not really for edge guarding since hitting at the tip of the blade sends them behind u.

U tilt
Damage: 6% ( 2% per hit)
Start up: 13 frames
Active: 12 frames
End lag: 10 frames
Knock back: Varies
Priority: Low
Notes: the knock back goes from first hit (very low), second hit (low) third hit (medium); the distance of each Shot is shown in the pic and u can choose how many to shoot.

F Smash:
Damage:19-32%
Start up:14 frames
Active: frames 15- 25
Endlag: 29 frames
Knock back: Very high
Priority: High
Notes: hitting on the very tip if the hitbox cause a spike. This
Move also hits threw platforms. There is a small hitbox on his hand when he us charging.

D Smash:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/7/78/Primid_acrobatic_stomp.gif
Damage: 12-26%
Active: frames 3-20
End lag: 38 frames
Knock back: Medium high
Priority: medium
Notes: U can jump off stages with this move for the most swag of edge guards. The taunt he does in the vid is his actually taunt. He didn't auto do a taunt when he hits the move.

U Smash: community help

Nair:
Damage: 5%-15
Start up: 3 frames
Active: frames 3- 13
Knock back: Medium low
Notes:More for combos then killing; Sends u at a diagonal u angle; Each active frame the damage goes up but not the knock back.

Uair:
Damage: 10- 15%
Active: frames 6-14
End lag:10 frames
Knock back: High
Priority: low
Notes: Kill move.....that'd all u need to know.

Fair: Community help

Dair:
Damage: 10%
Start up: frame 5
Active: Frames 9- 22
Endlag: 6 frames
Knock back: Very High
Priority: Medium low
Notes: Unlike the other sword dive attacks, this one doesn't bounce off people. This one goes straight threw the opponent.

Bair:
Damage: 4%
Start up: 4 frames
Active: frames 6-10
Notes: Combo aireal. Sends them in a shine type angle. There is armor on this move(hint the metal)

Dash Attack:
Damage: 5%
Start up: 6 frames(armor starts on frame 2)
End lag: 12 frames( armor ends on frame 11)
Knock back: High Medium
Notes: Use this move to power threw projectile spams.

Neutral B:
Damage: 6-15%
Start up: 3-16 frames (chargeable)
Active: 2 frames after release
End lag: 6 frames
Knock back: Depending on charge, goes from very low, to low, to medium, to medium high.
Priority: medium (doesn't increase until 100% charge)
Notes: Replace the fireball with a shadow ball. The shadow ball size increases withthe charge. After 50% charge the shadow ball becomes a multi hit attack.

Neutral B: 100% Charge
Damage: 7 percent per hit( 5 hits)
Start up: 21 frames
Active: Frame 24-36
End lag: 16 frames
Knock back: first four hits medium, last one high.
Notes: All hits combo into each other. Extremely high shield pressure ( right below a auto shield break). Again shadow bugs Not fire.

Air Neutral B:
Damage: 3%
Active: frame 5
End lag: 3 frames
Notes: Cancel when landing on the ground. Can't be charged. Can only shoot one ..... U already know it's not a fire ball. (Note that I am not showing anymore aireal specials because they are all the same as the grounded one)

Forward B:
Damage 6% on hit
Start up: 8 frames
Active: frames 9-18
Notes: Unlike normal boomerangs, this one doesn't automatically come back to u when it hits someone. The boomerang will always stay out the same amount Of time no matter what. U can land up to 3 hits in someone if u hit then with it while it is going forward, then while it is spinning in place for a second about to turn around, then green it's coming back. Throwing this at a wall of some sort with keep the boomerang on the wall until it goes in its return phase. Meaning u could rack on ALOT of damage If someone hits it. (Even to all they need to do is quickly SDI) Aimable.

Down B:
Damage: 2-24%
Start up: Frames 4-20 (charge)
Active: 4 frames after shot.
End lag: 19 frames
Knock back: very low to high.
Priority: medium High
Notes: VERY slow projectile. Fully charged is higher knock back then Samus's change shot. (C.H on this option) Either has homing or can be manipulated like Pit's arrows.

Up B: Community Help

Final Smash: Community help.

Taunt 1: Face switch

Extra note: anything I didn't mention is community choice."

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
FE12, the DS remake of FE3, wasn't precisely uninspired and I hear that FE3 is pretty good. It wasn't released outside of Japan, which didn't help FE's dwindling sales figures :p
Japan loves Marth, America hates Marth, two games in a row were Marth. Just hard to market that worldwide. So then they made one that's kinda got "Marth", and whateveryone loved about 4, and 7, and all the others, and then threw in SRW's combat support system to boot, and made the very bloated and technically uninspired, but still pretty darn good, game that was Awakening.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday, @ Super_Primid Super_Primid posted this moveset in a independent thread, And, (After being told by Shadic) he's decided to move it here.
however, because he is unable to do so, he's requested me to post it for him.

Grab some popcorn folks, you're in for a long one.

Super_Primid: "I think that Primid should be in Project M and that he would be a great addition to the roster. He also wouldn't be messing with any of the given rules. Also he would be from his own series (technically from smash). Do without wasting any more the I shall show u the move set I thought up for him.

Jab:
Damage: 2% per jab
Startup: 6 frames
Active: Frames 3 - 26
Notes:slower than Kirby's but does more damage per jab.

F Tilt:
Damage: 12%
Active: Frames 5-14
Endlag: 19 frames
Knock back: Medium
Notes: hitting on the last active frame causes tripping.

D Tilt:
Damage: 8%
Active: Frames 3-12
Endlag: 15 frames
Notes: not really for edge guarding since hitting at the tip of the blade sends them behind u.

U tilt
Damage: 6% ( 2% per hit)
Start up: 13 frames
Active: 12 frames
Knock back: Varies
Priority: Low
Notes: the knock back goes from first hit (very low), second hit (low) third hit (medium); the distance of each Shot is shown in the pic and u can choose how many to shoot.

F Smash:
Damage:19-32%
Start up:14 frames
Active: frames 15- 25
Endlag: 29 frames
Knock back: Very high
Notes: hitting on the very tip if the hitbox cause a spike. This
Move also hits threw platforms. There is a small hitbox on his hand when he us charging.

D Smash:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/7/78/Primid_acrobatic_stomp.gif
Damage: 12-26%
Active: frames 3-20
End lag: 38 frames
Knock back: Medium high
Priority: medium
Notes: U can jump off stages with this move for the most swag of edge guards. The taunt he does in the vid is his actually taunt. He didn't auto do a taunt when he hits the move.

U Smash: community help

Nair:
Damage: 5%-15
Active: frames 3- 13
Knock back: Medium low
Notes:More for combos then killing; Sends u at a diagonal u angle; Each active frame the damage goes up but not the knock back.

Uair:
Damage: 10- 15%
End lag:10 frames
Knock back: High
Priority: low
Notes: Kill move.....that'd all u need to know.

Fair: Community help

Dair:
Damage: 10%
Start up: frame 5
Active: Frames 9- 22
Endlag: 6 frames
Knock back: Very High
Priority: Medium low
Notes: Unlike the other sword dive attacks, this one doesn't bounce off people. This one goes straight threw the opponent.

Bair:
Damage: 4%
Start up: 4 frames
Active: frames 6-10
Notes: Combo aireal. Sends them in a shine type angle. There is armor on this move(hint the metal)

Dash Attack:
Damage: 5%
Start up: 6 frames(armor starts on frame 2)
End lag: 12 frames( armor ends on frame 11)
Knock back: High Medium
Notes: Use this move to power threw projectile spams.

Neutral B:
Damage: 6-15%
Start up: 3-16 frames (chargeable)
Active: 2 frames after release
End lag: 6 frames
Knock back: Depending on charge, goes from very low, to low, to medium, to medium high.
Priority: medium (doesn't increase until 100% charge)
Notes: Replace the fireball with a shadow ball. The shadow ball size increases withthe charge. After 50% charge the shadow ball becomes a multi hit attack.

Neutral B: 100% Charge
Damage: 7 percent per hit( 5 hits)
Start up: 21 frames
Active: Frame 24-36
End lag: 16 frames
Knock back: first four hits medium, last one high.
Notes: All hits combo into each other. Extremely high shield pressure ( right below a auto shield break). Again shadow bugs Not fire.

Air Neutral B:
Damage: 3%
Active: frame 5
End lag: 3 frames
Notes: Cancel when landing on the ground. Can't be charged. Can only shoot one ..... U already know it's not a fire ball. (Note that I am not showing anymore aireal specials because they are all the same as the grounded one)

Forward B:
Damage 6% on hit
Start up: 8 frames
Active: frames 9-18
Notes: Unlike normal boomerangs, this one doesn't automatically come back to u when it hits someone. The boomerang will always stay out the same amount Of time no matter what. U can land up to 3 hits in someone if u hit then with it while it is going forward, then while it is spinning in place for a second about to turn around, then green it's coming back. Throwing this at a wall of some sort with keep the boomerang on the wall until it goes in its return phase. Meaning u could rack on ALOT of damage If someone hits it. (Even to all they need to do is quickly SDI) Aimable.

Down B:
Damage: 2-24%
Start up: Frames 4-20 (charge)
Active: 4 frames after shot.
End lag: 19 frames
Knock back: very low to high.
Priority: medium High
Notes: VERY slow projectile. Fully charged is higher knock back then Samus's change shot. (C.H on this option) Either has homing or can be manipulated like Pit's arrows.

Up B: Community Help

Final Smash: Community help.

Taunt 1: Face switch

Extra note: anything I didn't mention is community choice."
I really like the slow moving boomerang and the ability to switch faces with a taunt. I'm not sure if it was mentioned but primid already has a few recolors but i could see him having as many as yoshi since he's pretty generic.

For his up smash I'd say use what he has mapped for his up tilt and for his up tilt he can have a ground version of the up air.
For his up b i read on the wiki he has a s "spear jump". That sounds like it could work with a few tweaks. Forward air could just be him doing marth's fair with his boomerang but then a phantom boomerang flies out of it for a short distance then disappears.

His Final Smash could show him turning into theshadow bugs then rising off the top of the screen. From the top of the screen he would then fly down as one of the 3 depending on what button you hold: Hold nothing for master hand, hold A for crazy hand and hold B for tabuu. You would then have control over these bosses for a short period of time. Each boss will be shown glowing purple and leaking the shadow bugs. When the final smash is over he disintegrates into the shadow bugs again and primid reforms back where he finished the final smash at.

Taunt 2: Primid leaks a shadow bug off his back which then rapidly multiplies and forms another primid behind him. Then the original primid turns into shadow bugs and disappears at the same time the other is being formed. Weird but would look cool.

Taunt: 3 The YAYYYY! part of this attack.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
America hates Marth? Wut?
As a Fire Emblem character, that is. And "hates" was an exaggeration. But many people I know consider Marth to be too idealist, and what have you. Plus the game kinda just throws new characters at you by the squad. Whereas more recent characters like Ike and Hector (and to a degree, Chrom) are more popular for their blunt and less-royal acting personalities.

+1/2 for Hector being a popular Lord.

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
I really like the slow moving boomerang and the ability to switch faces with a taunt. I'm not sure if it was mentioned but primid already has a few recolors but i could see him having as many as yoshi since he's pretty generic.

For his up smash I'd say use what he has mapped for his up tilt and for his up tilt he can have a ground version of the up air.
For his up b i read on the wiki he has a s "spear jump". That sounds like it could work with a few tweaks. Forward air could just be him doing marth's fair with his boomerang but then a phantom boomerang flies out of it for a short distance then disappears.

His Final Smash could show him turning into theshadow bugs then rising off the top of the screen. From the top of the screen he would then fly down as one of the 3 depending on what button you hold: Hold nothing for master hand, hold A for crazy hand and hold B for tabuu. You would then have control over these bosses for a short period of time. Each boss will be shown glowing purple and leaking the shadow bugs. When the final smash is over he disintegrates into the shadow bugs again and primid reforms back where he finished the final smash at.

Taunt 2: Primid leaks a shadow bug off his back which then rapidly multiplies and forms another primid behind him. Then the original primid turns into shadow bugs and disappears at the same time the other is being formed. Weird but would look cool.

Taunt: 3 The YAYYYY! part of this attack.
Nice suggestions

I thought that his up b could be fun breaking down into a bunch of shadow bugs and moving like extreme speed.... Only no hit box but u can cancel it into a move or something

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Roy wasn't OP (even tho he is a veteran and a newcomer at the same time)
OKOK OK
When they come out in a pack, there will be at least 1 op character, some good ones and a bad one*
m2 op
others really good
IC secretly good
Olimar trash/bad/weakest in the pack
Kinda like opening up a pack of Pokemon cards

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
I'd rather have goombas be a character over Primid... actually Goombella specifically.

Maybe if there was a Primid with a Paper Mario style characterization I could go for it. Give him a tie and a bad attitude and a funny name like Primitchell and we got a deal.

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have goombas be a character over Primid... actually Goombella specifically.

Maybe if there was a Primid with a Paper Mario style characterization I could go for it. Give him a tie and a bad attitude and a funny name like Primitchell and we got a deal.
What Could goomba do besides run at u and fly.... Anyway goombas could be incorporated into Primid's moveset (shadow gooma) like D3's waddle Dee's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom