• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Those are fighting wor--

...You get to live.
Oh don't get me wrong Saito. I literally find nothing wrong with RPG games. I just find myself having a hard time getting into them. I usually love the novelty value of just about any RPG game like Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Xenoblade, and such. It is just a matter of enjoying the gameplay that bothers me. And Xenoblade was the best example of one of those games I forced myself to endure for the sake of the story, despite my lack of interest in the gameplay.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Oh don't get me wrong Saito. I literally find nothing wrong with RPG games. I just find myself having a hard time getting into them. I usually love the novelty value of just about any RPG game like Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Xenoblade, and such. It is just a matter of enjoying the gameplay that bothers me. And Xenoblade was the best example of one of those games I forced myself to endure for the sake of the story, despite my lack of interest in the gameplay.
WRPGs in general bore me to death from a gameplay side, so I can relate. I can sit there and grind a Final Fantasy game to 100%, but still haven't finished Xenoblade because I got tired of the combat system.

Too bad Xenoblade wasn't around to be viable for an official reskin, Melia over Zelda would be glorious.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I thought of a moveset for a new Character for PM..... PRIMID!!!
He would be a character from the smash seris. He also wouldn't really be a bad character either. I gave a lot of data to show why he would be good and I feel that he would be perfect. Read the thread to see his moveset.

smashboards.com/threads/primid-for-project-m-with-moveset.360747/#post-17038124
That's a nice moveset. Another thing that would be great is a lot of his animations are already in the game itself. His model might not to be touched up since it's not as detailed as a fighter model, but the base is there. I'm not sure how popular he'll end up being, but surprisingly, I don't think I would mind this.

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
That's a nice moveset. Another thing that would be great is a lot of his animations are already in the game itself. His model might not to be touched up since it's not as detailed as a fighter model, but the base is there. I'm not sure how popular he'll end up being, but surprisingly, I don't think I would mind this.
Yea i thought that when making the thread but right now the PM community want a really good character and Primid fills the shoes. Also if I think correctly doesn't Primid not take up any of the Forbidden 7 slots since his data is already in the game. May be wrong.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Yea i thought that when making the thread but right now the PM community want a really good character and Primid fills the shoes. Also if I think correctly doesn't Primid not take up any of the Forbidden 7 slots since his data is already in the game. May be wrong.
He would take up a slot, since he's actually multiple different enemies. He'd need a fighter slot if he had a full-fledged moveset.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Crashboards gave me no CE Notifications today. :( Welcome back Sol! Make sure your copy of Shadow Dragon doesn't have a safe file named Ben. :p

Once again, Primid looks cool. Jis alts are done, too. Fire Primid, one-eyed primid, just got sh*t on by Rayquaza primid.

Last edited:

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
Primid?

That's a unique choice and one that actually could be expanded on.
Yea. I actually wanted him to be in smash Bros 4 years. Then I heard of PM and how it is taking thoughts from the community.

Crashboards gave me no CE Notifications today. :( Welcome back Sol!

Once again, Primid looks cool. Jis alts are done, too. Fire Primid, one-eyed primid, just got sh*t on by Rayquaza primid.
In the game shadow bugs were used to make clones of anything. And simce Primid is made of shadow bugs he could be anything. And thinking a odd or cool final smash for Primid could be Tabuu. Tabuu does that wing thing he does only its not a auto kill.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'm shocked by people's current reaction to Primid as if he was a suggestion that hasn't already been made. It has been shot down more times than it should've been. You literally have the basis for the moveset completely laid out for you. I see absolutely no downside to this character, other than his popularity.

+1/2 for Primid if it isn't already on my record.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm shocked by people's current reaction to Primid as if he was a suggestion that hasn't already been made. It has been shot down more times than it should've been. You literally have the basis for the moveset completely laid out for you. I see absolutely no downside to this character, other than his popularity.

+1/2 for Primid if it isn't already on my record.
Having a good moveset example always makes a big difference in reception, it seems. I remember many times where a character would get poor reception, then people would like them after a good moveset has been shown.

Exodo

Smash Ace
To make primid more unique and not just be a regular primid as the character, Fuse him with the alloys!!! Make him a:"Prilloyd":shades:mind blown...
Or wait im getting some inspiration, give him also properties from many enemies you encounter in the subspace!!, like the teleporting two headed shadow demon like monster!!!:eek:

Dont take me seriously im pretty f*cked up right now..

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Having a good moveset example always makes a big difference in reception, it seems. I remember many times where a character would get poor reception, then people would like them after a good moveset has been shown.
While that is true, I don't see it making any different in Primid's case. Literally just about anyone who has played Project M has experienced Brawl and the Subspace Emissary. It is very obvious that Primid's attacks were based off of items and fighters in Smash, so it is hardly a surprise to think he could translate well into a fighter. So the only real excuse people could have is being too lazy to look into it when it is suggested, or writing Primid off because it is a lesser minion comparable to a Goomba (Which, in my opinion, is still a lazy excuse).

Primid clearly has the easiest cookie cutter layout for his moveset you could possibly ask for. He is essentially a Brawl's very own version of the Mii fighters mashed up into a single character. Or for a better example, Primid basically represents Smash itself. I'm not at all implying Smash needs self-representation, nor should Primid be the candidate to do it if so, but it is clear that Sakurai's intentions with Primid were to make "The enemy who encompasses Smash Bros.". His various forms represent streamlined items in the series, and his attacks are inspired by the common moves seen in various veterans in the series. It just makes sense that Primid would be the prime example of a good Clone Engine character. If that is not a good enough reason to look into this character, then whatever to you naysayers. Your loss.

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
While that is true, I don't see it making any different in Primid's case. Literally just about anyone who has played Project M has experienced Brawl and the Subspace Emissary. It is very obvious that Primid's attacks were based off of items and fighters in Smash, so it is hardly a surprise to think he could translate well into a fighter. So the only real excuse people could have is being too lazy to look into it when it is suggested, or writing Primid off because it is a lesser minion comparable to a Goomba (Which, in my opinion, is still a lazy excuse).

Primid clearly has the easiest cookie cutter layout for his moveset you could possibly ask for. He is essentially a Brawl's very own version of the Mii fighters mashed up into a single character. Or for a better example, Primid basically represents Smash itself. I'm not at all implying Smash needs self-representation, nor should Primid be the candidate to do it if so, but it is clear that Sakurai's intentions with Primid were to make "The enemy who encompasses Smash Bros.". His various forms represent streamlined items in the series, and his attacks are inspired by the common moves seen in various veterans in the series. It just makes sense that Primid would be the prime example of a good Clone Engine character. If that is not a good enough reason to look into this character, then whatever to you naysayers. Your loss.
U need to be my spokes person for Primid. AMD I think bpeople are looking into My idea a lot more then usual cause I gave frame data and everything... And I left some opening for moves for the community.
Not saying that people haven't already said bad things about my idea.

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
+1 Primid
+1Ridley
I don't believe I've cast any votes yet, but Primid does seem oddly hype. I would also enjoy making a potential Andy moveset(hint: it would involve him summoning Tanks not unlike the ones used currently for the assist trophy)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Yeah, I'm actually really shocked to see how well received my Lyn and Takamaru post was a few pages ago. I never thought my stuff would ever be that appreciated.

Ginge

Smash Ace
While I would honestly be fine in Smash Bros doesn't get its own representative (I feel the slots should go to Nintendo series), I could get behind one slot going to an enemy like Primid. So why not?

+ 1/2 to Primid.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I have to say, I'm not really big on the Primid, or the idea of a "Smash Series" character. Especially considering it'd get in the way of more fan-favorite newcomer choices, which is one of the benefits of having a "for the fans by the fans" dev team, anyway.

Besides that, I always found their design boring, personally. I'm sorry to the superfan who I'm glad has joined our ranks, but I'm going to have to give them a -1.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I have to say, I'm not really big on the Primid, or the idea of a "Smash Series" character. Especially considering it'd get in the way of more fan-favorite newcomer choices, which is one of the benefits of having a "for the fans by the fans" dev team, anyway.
The whole point of being here is to be voted on by fans
If it gets voted to top I think it's fair to assume he's a fan favorite, don't you think?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The whole point of being here is to be voted on by fans
If it gets voted to top I think it's fair to assume he's a fan favorite, don't you think?
While that's true, I don't expect it to be the case. Regardless, my dislike for the character stands and should still be applicable as a downvote. I try not to downvote too many things, but it just seems...lazy.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm not against Primid, but to clear things up we already have a "Smash" character:

You know--the Subspace Emissary?

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'm not against Primid, but to clear things up we already have a "Smash" character:

I think that's more of a "We already have a Nintendo console as a character"

But yeah, he is more or less the closest thing to a Smash character.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Hm. Primid seems interesting. But I'm not sure of the moveset...I feel like it would be more neat if more moves were based on the boomerang, instead of being a marioxlink mashup. Would be a fun new style.

Edit: +1 to Primid and Saki, i've forgotten to do this forever

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

There is still quite a difference between Nintendo representation and Smash representation. Smash Bros. itself is a Nintendo game. Call it semantics if you want, but R.O.B. hardly encompasses what Smash Bros is. Primid basically is an amalgamation of the Smash Lore, which makes him very appealing to people like myself. He is like the "Skullgirls Character - Double" of Smash. I honestly can't see how something like that wouldn't be appealing to people, but I digress.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Mii is the closest thing we are getting to an actual "Smash Fighter".

While that's true, I don't expect it to be the case. Regardless, my dislike for the character stands and should still be applicable as a downvote. I try not to downvote too many things, but it just seems...lazy.
I respect your opinion, but we are just as entitled to show you why we he isn't a lazy choice. It isn't just because of the fact everything for the character is "right there". It is because a character who is a mash-up of the cast seems appealing. Primid fits the bill since he immediately has all those aspects already. And that is not to say the character can't be modified to have more moves than he currently has. Bloody hell, give that guy the Falcon Knee!!! The Fox U-Air!!!!!!!! THE GANONDORF D-AIR!!!!!!!!! THE HYPE IS UNREAL BRAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I think it is a solid argument to say that anyone who is voting for Pichu shouldn't have any qualms against Primid. One of the most solid reasons people voted for him was that he is an easy Clone Engine candidate with a pre-established movepool. And from the look of things...

Primid?

That's a unique choice and one that actually could be expanded on.
...I'm not too far from the truth. I will await the day when Saito drops a godlike bombshell post that will change everyone's mind.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I have no intentions of it.

I believe it can be expanded on, but I'm not particularly interested. It's why I didn't half vote.

he is an easy Clone Engine candidate with a pre-established movepool.
I wouldn't really give him that too much in spades.

He's got mostly 3 or so ground attacks depending on what weapon he has.

The thing is that unlike most other characters he can derive from the norm a bit better. Other characters have a canon that has to be noted about things they should or shouldn't be able to do and somewhat adhere to.

Primid is free game for them to play around however they want in terms of fighting. Spin kicks, rapid punches, extremely strong punches, etc...

This can be good and bad because they have a lot of room to experiment, but it can be bad because they might have too much room to experiment which might end up extending the time. I highly doubt it would come to that though since they would probably establish what kind of playstyle he might have, then decide on moves that would complement that style.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I have no intentions of it.

I believe it can be expanded on, but I'm not particularly interested. It's why I didn't half vote.
I honestly expected response like this anyways, but no worries. I was just giving you props for your awesome work on convincing people that Pichu wasn't a bad choice. The point here was that it really isn't that much different of a case.

I wouldn't really give him that too much in spades.

He's got mostly 3 or so ground attacks depending on what weapon he has.

The thing is that unlike most other characters he can derive from the norm a bit better. Other characters have a canon that has to be noted about things they should or shouldn't be able to do and somewhat adhere to.

Primid is free game for them to play around however they want in terms of fighting. Spin kicks, rapid punches, extremely strong punches, etc...

This can be good and bad because they have a lot of room to experiment, but it can be bad because they might have too much room to experiment which might end up extending the time. I highly doubt it would come to that though since they would probably establish what kind of playstyle he might have, then decide on moves that would complement that style.
Well as I said, he pretty much establishes himself as an amalgamation of Smash. His moveset can easily be built from combinations of moves other existing characters have, or even moves that have been removed from other characters like Snakes F-Smash, Sonic's F-Air, ect. It is all there to make an interesting playstyle. I can pretty much agree with everything you are saying, but I myself am just more behind the idea as a whole.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I've been holding back personal bias for these characters for quite a while, but I think things have gone a little too far for my liking.

There is indeed quite a difference between Nintendo representation and Smash representation. I'm sorry to say that I dread the thought of a Smash character making it into the roster of Nintendo All Stars. Tabuu is bland, Primid is bland, and Master Hand is beyond bland. No matter what the PMBR could do for these characters and their movesets, I could never get behind them. Clone Engine Slots should be reserved for characters rich in Nintendo history or have no representation within Smash to begin with. Nearly every character on our OP meets these requirements in some way (yes, even the 3rd Party Characters), but I just can't back generic, characterless creations made solely for you to beat the crap out of as playable characters.

I don't do this often, but I have to give downvotes for the three characters I mentioned above:

-1 Tabuu
-1 Master Hand
-1 Primid

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
-1 master hand

This is probably the epitome of bad character design.
He doesn't go with the normal rules of the game since he has HP and his attacks would have to be jank since they use some botched lock on features.

He's far too easy to hit if he remains the way he is and if the player gets full hand control it would be completely imbalanced and turn the fights into "Stall : The Game"

No edgeguard capabilities, and if he is given the ability to use his BnB moves off-stage, it will make him far too strong and imbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom