• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
#47 is a reference to Condor
There are 48 levels in Vs. Ice Climber.
Summit is already in PM, it's based on a level in Ice Climber.
That means one level is already in PM, and there are 47 not in
And waiting at the top of those levels is Condor
RIP all your dreams
Condor wins
Good stuff but you are clearly wrong. Fire Emblem 7 was released in Europe on 07/16/2004. With the power of science and math, I separated 2004 into two separate numbers: 20 and 04. I then went the route of simple addition. 7+16+20+4=47. I was able to deduce that the number 47 equates to Fire Emblem 7 being the next character, not Connor.

Last edited:

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
So that's what the Condor's real name is. I was wondering what kind of parents would name their poor kid "Condor."
You see, his Bird-parents Meant to name him Condor, but his bird-father, so excited for his bird-first-born child accidentally wrote "Connor" on the bird-birth certificate.
Thus enticing years of bird-schoolyard ridicule.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
You see, his Bird-parents Meant to name him Condor, but his bird-father, so excited for his bird-first-born child accidentally wrote "Connor" on the bird-birth certificate.
Papa Condor did little Connor a favor. The family's last name is Condor so naming Connor Condor would've resulted in being named Condor Condor or Condor².

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
So this is a story all about how my nest got flipped-turned upside down.
And I'd like to take a minute, won't you please sit?
I'll tell you how I became the pimp of a place called Summit

In west Icicle Mountain hatched and raised
At the bird-school was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out, chillin', and chillin some more
But Popo and Nana were little whores
Then those couple of Climbers were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I took up all there veggies and they threw a fit
I said 'I'm takin' all your *****-ass veggies to Summit'

I don't apologize

Last edited:

AndrewGuy

Smash Cadet
So this is a story all about how my nest got flipped-turned upside down.
And I'd like to take a minute, won't you please sit?
I'll tell you how I became the pimp of a place called Summit

In west Icicle Mountain hatched and raised
At the bird-school was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out, chillin', and chillin some more
But Popo and Nana were little *****s
Then those couple of Climbers were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I took up all there veggies and they threw a fit
I said 'I'm takin' all your *****-*** veggies to Summit'

I don't apologize
I chuckled. Good job, friend.

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet
Black Shadow disconfirmed: Ganondorf still Has the same moveset as seen in the All-Star Versus Mode Trailer!

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
wait what? ganondorf is confirmed in s4?

edit: oh I see what you're saying. They could still change that.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Warsaint is right, actually. Just because they're showing him with that moveset doesn't mean he's going to keep it. They could easily just be keeping it secret.

Still, Blackendorf is unlikely no matter how popular it gets. I honestly don't see it happening at this point.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't imagine that development will even start on the next character until SSB4's out, especially one that hasn't been deconfirmed yet.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Warsaint is right, actually. Just because they're showing him with that moveset doesn't mean he's going to keep it. They could easily just be keeping it secret.

Still, Blackendorf is unlikely no matter how popular it gets. I honestly don't see it happening at this point.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Don't worry friend. He was one of the most popular choices, and the PM team OP objectively lists him as an A in value, because it's 2 characters for the price of 1. He's popular and economical, and I, as well as many others have high hopes for him.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Don't worry friend. He was one of the most popular choices, and the PM team lists him as an A in value, because it's 2 characters for the price of 1. He's popular and economical, and I, as well as many others have high hopes for him.
Source for the bolded please

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think he's taking the OP as being written by PMBR.

FYI to everyone, it's not. The PMBR has had no hand in the value or effort scales we used to grade the characters, and they are not the opinions of the Project M team.
Yep, my mistake. Assumed that was written by someone from the team.

Still, it's something that's trending highly on the more recent polls.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So I know this is a little off topic, but I wanted help from you guys with something. This won't take but a minute. Last year on an online game I play called Elsword I entered a costume contest and placed in the top 5 finalists. I got discouraged from entering in this year because someone stole my last year's entry and entered it. The GMs and administrators never got back to me or anyone with stolen work on this matter. I'm not really sure what I should do here.

That aside, I decided to work up the energy to make an entry for my recent favorite character. And here is the catch. I wanted your opinions on what I should do for the entry this year. I hope you all don't mind. I'll kindly move this to a private chat for those who want to participate and offer their opinions to me.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Papa Condor did little Connor a favor. The family's last name is Condor so naming Connor Condor would've resulted in being named Condor Condor or Condor².
"I'm Condor Condor and this is Connor."

"Connor Connor?"

"No, I'm Condor Condor and this is Connor Condor."

Gosh that movie was terrible

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Guys.... I won't be coming back for a while... I just found out that my best friend died this morning. Cause unknown, but it is believed to be a heart attack... I'm sorry... bye

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Hey, guys, I wanted to apologize for freakin' out over all the Ridley hate the other day. It's been a real stressful week at work, what with the 4th of July coming up, but I didn't have any reason to take it out on you guys.

I do want people to understand where I'm coming from, though, so I'm going to go on a little rant.

Ridley is the most important character in Metroid that isn't Samus herself. He is unique in Nintendo's library in that he's completely, irredeemably evil. He is a sociopath, a sadist, an elitist, and a mass-murderer. However, beyond all that, he is strangely similar to his bitter enemy. Both Samus and Ridley are unstoppable forces of nature, capable of destroying literally anything but each other. Though Samus tries to kill Ridley, he always comes back and tries to kill her, then Samus comes back and tries to kill him, etc.

When Ridley killed Samus's parents and annihilated her home, he inadvertently created an infallible beacon of hope throughout the galaxy. Samus rose from the ashes of her near-demise, slowly becoming the heroine she is lauded as today. Ridley filled Samus with a hate for the wicked, those who use the weak and abuse their power to cause turmoil. It's that hate that drives her as a character. Without Ridley, there would be no Samus Aran. She would be a miner, or guard on K-2L, just like her parents.

Now that you understand how important Ridley is, as a character, to Metroid, you can understand why so many Metroid fans want him to be playable.

Now, imagine that there are people who, for whatever reason, feel the need to persecute Ridley fans for absolutely no reason other than to sate their own weird egos. Ridley hate is all over the internet, simply because people don't agree with other people. The majority of Ridley haters don't even have a problem with Ridley, they just heard some guy on YouTube say he was too big and that he was stupid so anyone who supports Ridley must be an idiot and so on and so forth.

It's not just Ridley that this hate extends to, but his supporters. I expressed to a couple of my girlfriend's acquaintances not long ago that I was hoping that Ridley was playable in Smash 4, to which they replied with piteous glares and said "Oh, so you're one of those people." Just go onto any YouTube "RIDLEY SHOULDN'T BE IN SMASH" video for the rest of the story. It's insanity. I mean, seriously, people?

Ridley is an important and, for those who played Metroid as a kid, like myself, iconic Nintendo character. He is alongside the likes of Bowser, King K. Rool, and Ganondorf as the primary villain of a huge franchise. Yet, for whatever reason, it's an absolute unforgivable sin to want him in Smash.

I just want to play as one of my favorite Nintendo characters in a game about playing as your favorite Nintendo characters. I hope you can all see why people waltzing in and claiming that Ridley is a terrible choice and that he's this and that, when he isn't, really gets on my ****. Again, I apologize for my outburst, but Metroid, Samus, and Ridley are all characters that I really love. Metroid is my favorite series of video games, and I simply want to see it properly represented for once.

So, I'd like to reiterate the only vote I really care about at this point.

+1 to Ridley, because he's an iconic and unique Nintendo character with tons of moveset potential, from an under-repped and hugely popular franchise.

All I want at this point is Ridley. Anything else is just icing.

Guys.... I won't be coming back for a while... I just found out that my best friend died this morning. Cause unknown, but it is believed to be a heart attack... I'm sorry... bye
I'm horribly sorry for your loss. God rest his or her soul.

Yeesh, what horrible timing. I'm so sorry.

Last edited:

Oh My Gascho

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-6059-6486
What is up with all the negativity right now?

Anyways I'm gonna make a post to help get support for Paper Mario rather than try to argue with people who don't share my opinion.

Paper Mario
"But there are so many Mario characters"
WRONG!!! There are 5 Mario characters. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Yoshi. Wario, DK, and Diddy Kong are all cameos who appear in Mario spin-offs like the sports games, Mario party, Mario Kart, and etc. You never see them appear in any Mario Bros games because they all have their own franchise (WarioWare/Wario Land and Donkey Kong). Saying that Wario, DK, and Diddy are a part of the Mario Franchise is like saying Banjo and Conker are apart of the DK franchise because they appear in that racing game. With 5 characters in the Mario franchise, the franchise is tied with TLoZ and behind Pokemon while Mario is the face of Nintendo. With all the voting for TLoZ charcters and all the negative voting for Mario characters, TLoZ would have more characters represented than the Face of the Nintendo franchise.

Paper Mario could bring a fun and diverse move set.
Paper Mario could use moves from any of the Paper Mario games. That means that the PMBR could take whatever is easiest for them to do, to make a moveset. The PMBR could use Paper Marios partners as a moveset most likely for the B moves, Paper Marios Star moves as a replacement for the B moves if they don't want to use his partners, or use a star move for the final smash, Paper Marios badges as tilts, smashes, and aerials, and Paper Marios paper moves as miscellaneous.

Paper Mario would be easy to make.
All PMBR has to do to make Paper Mario is re-skin Mr.G&W to look like him. With Mr. L and Dark Peach being in the game as alternate costumes PMBR already see Paper Mario as a worthy candidate and have probably already thought of putting him in the game. I hope this helps change peoples minds about the idea of Paper Mario being in the game.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
So I know this is a little off topic, but I wanted help from you guys with something. This won't take but a minute. Last year on an online game I play called Elsword I entered a costume contest and placed in the top 5 finalists. I got discouraged from entering in this year because someone stole my last year's entry and entered it. The GMs and administrators never got back to me or anyone with stolen work on this matter. I'm not really sure what I should do here.

That aside, I decided to work up the energy to make an entry for my recent favorite character. And here is the catch. I wanted your opinions on what I should do for the entry this year. I hope you all don't mind. I'll kindly move this to a private chat for those who want to participate and offer their opinions to me.
I used to be a big fan of Elsword until I experienced burnout from the repetitive gameplay but I see the game is still getting really popular which is a good thing because there's no game like Elsword (maybe Grand Chase) :p. I suggest an Add and Eve design seeing as Add is the newest character and probably picking up some interest by the fanbase, Eve if I remember correctly was a fan favourite with Korean players next to Elsword and Aisha (so maybe the US enjoys Eve too), and it 's good for those AddxEve supporters :awesome:. I was thinking that both characters stand back to back with a bit of a gap between them like this picture.

Finally, the background could be a split between both characters. While Add's background can be a midnight purple with lightning while Eve's can be gray with hexagonal tiles similar to the right side of this picture.

I'm deeply sorry for your loss, may he/she rest in peace.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
If you're talking about what I think you are, that's not Ganondorf. That's Demise (his predecessor) and it's from Skyward Sword.
He'd be a cool character in smash but i mean, Dorf comes first. A sword Dorf at that.

So yeah like, I know we've all mentioned this plenty of times, but I totally back up the idea of a new dorf moveset where he can change from a more hand/foot stance to an unsheathed sword stance. Since I know that is like making an extra character I figured maybe unsheathing his sword would only effect a handful of his a-moves.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dude... :(

I won't say I know how it feels, because no one can ever know, but I lost my best friend to Meningitis senior year of high school. Hang in there man, and stay strong.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario would be easy to make.
All PMBR has to do to make Paper Mario is re-skin Mr.G&W to look like him. With Mr. L and Dark Peach being in the game as alternate costumes PMBR already see Paper Mario as a worthy candidate and have probably already thought of putting him in the game. I hope this helps change peoples minds about the idea of Paper Mario being in the game.
I like Paper Mario a lot (less than Bowser Jr. or Toad, but I still like him), but Game&Watch cannot be the way to do it. I've been looking over Brawl data for the last day or two and it looks like Game&Watch will never be able to be cloned the same way everyone else can be.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your loved ones.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm so sorry, Sol. I can never know how that feels. I wish that your friend rests in peace and that you come out of it stronger in the end, death of a loved one is always feels terrible.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
+1/2 Lyn

I main Roy now, and in FE: Binding Blade it's possible for Lyn to be his mother.

So if Lyn makes the cut I'm teaching my mom how to play Project M and we're finna dominate doubles.

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I think he's taking the OP as being written by PMBR.

FYI to everyone, it's not. The PMBR has had no hand in the value or effort scales we used to grade the characters, and they are not the opinions of the Project M team.
That's very confusing, I thought PMBR was responsible for the value/effort grading system. Who else would do it?

Malion

Smash Ace
+1/2 Lyn

I main Roy now, and in FE: Binding Blade it's possible for Lyn to be his mother.

So if Lyn makes the cut I'm teaching my mom how to play Project M and we're finna dominate doubles.
On that note if Lucina makes it I'm teaching this game to my future unborn daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom