• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
To be honest I don't think asking a question that can be answered in the OP merits ridicule. Maybe overt flaming and aggression.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Well, with that Mach Rider now has 1+ vote and 9 +.5 votes. Half votes are positive, right?
Also, little more info about that design of Mach Rider in the moveset illustration for him, it's based on his look from his Melee trophy.

Here's his original outfit, which could work as an Alt. Costume for him.

I can imagine his Alt costume getting a bunch of palette swaps that make him look like other classic game characters.. *cough cough Doomguy * or a color based on his look on the Mach Rider game cover art.
His base is definitely captain falcon.

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
I am a pretty respectful person. I want Ridley, but I also want Ray and Shovel Knight. I understand that none of these characters are likely to be added. I'm okay with that though, I can live with the game as is.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
saltmodeactivate

From now on, I'm going to come in here and look at every post.

Anybody who lists a character they're attached to (and subsequently downvotes Ridley), I'm going to immediately downvote and give ****e reasons like "They're ugly", "they don't fit", etc, because Ridley's one of my most beloved Nintendo characters, and if y'all are gonna **** on me, I'm gonna drop **** right back.

So, here we go.

~ I'm salty because Sonic characters are being neglected
-1 All Sonic Characters - Sonic characters are basically just Sonic with different accessories and body colors. Also, no more 3rd parties.

Black Shadow/ Ganondorf ( Ganondorf needs an unique moveset)
-1 Ganondorf to Black Shadow - No, seriously, I'm not just being an asshole. Ganondorf is just fine with a few tweaks.

Also, lol @ "Ridley fans feeling entitled" and then coming in and downvoting him for the ****test reasons you can think of. I've supported Ridley for a long time, and we've had to go through enough "WHY RIDLEY CAN'T BE IN SMASH" videos on YouTube and "HERE'S WHY RIDLEY'S NOT PLAYABLE" topics everywhere else.

The last place I want to deal with this **** is here, in what I consider holy ground.

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I am a pretty respectful person. I want Ridley, but I also want Ray and Shovel Knight. I understand that none of these characters are likely to be added. I'm okay with that though, I can live with the game as is.
You are in good company with Ridley and Ray, a lot of people like them. Shovel Knight, despite how AMAZING he would be, is ineligible because he wasn't in Brawl in any form.

If that rule didn't matter, there would be a lot more love for Banjo-Kazooie and Simon Belmont in this thread.

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
What's up with all the BS/Ganon votes? Look at Triforce ganon by Ashignda(or something like that). It's a great example of a unique Ganon with a more true-to-character moveset. I like Black Shadow but we don't need him to take Ganon's moveset. Now I might aswell give my votes.

+1 Issac: I mean, who doesn't want this guy. Good moveset potential, a rep for an unrepped series and unlikely to be in Sm4sh.
+1 Ray: Any version of Ray is fine by me. Custom Robo needs some love and this guy is awesome.
+1 Masked Man: I think this guy is cool and has good potential.
+1 King K. Rool: It's crazy that DK only has 2 reps. They need their villain and another rep.
+1 Dark Samus: Mainly because it's easier to make, a villain from Metroid, and deconfirmed from Sm4sh, unlike Ridely. Plus I feel weird having him as a boss and character.

Half Votes: Chibi Robo, Lyn, Black Shadow, Mach Rider, Dixie Kong, Ninten, Sami, Andy, and Skull Kid.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
@ UltimateWario UltimateWario lol, sorry if I offended you or everyone else, but that's just what I've seen, and you're not doing wonders to change my impressions on the matter, also yeah Sonic characters ARE all same-y that's why you don't see me crying 'cause they're not going to be in the game, so whatevs.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
What's up with all the BS/Ganon votes? Look at Triforce ganon by Ashignda(or something like that). It's a great example of a unique Ganon with a more true-to-character moveset. I like Black Shadow but we don't need him to take Ganon's moveset. Now I might aswell give my votes.

+1 Issac: I mean, who doesn't want this guy. Good moveset potential, a rep for an unrepped series and unlikely to be in Sm4sh.
+1 Ray: Any version of Ray is fine by me. Custom Robo needs some love and this guy is awesome.
+1 Masked Man: I think this guy is cool and has good potential.
+1 King K. Rool: It's crazy that DK only has 2 reps. They need their villain and another rep.
+1 Dark Samus: Mainly because it's easier to make, a villain from Metroid, and deconfirmed from Sm4sh, unlike Ridely. Plus I feel weird having him as a boss and character.

Half Votes: Chibi Robo, Lyn, Black Shadow, Mach Rider, Dixie Kong, Ninten, Sami, Andy, and Skull Kid.
I don't fully support but Blackendorf but what i can say is that the triforce ganon moveset isn't that great :/ imo

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
Am I the only one the one that thinks "Too many Mario reps" is a horrible reason to negative vote someone?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Am I the only one the one that thinks "Too many Mario reps" is a horrible reason to negative vote someone?
No, but it's nonetheless valid because they probably want to see franchises with less characters get representation, like Metroid or Donkey Kong Country.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
-1: Blackendorf

Unless the Blackendorf argument is supposed to be a vehicle for Black Falcon's appearance in Smash Bros., I'm not a big fan. I simply cannot sympathize with people discontent with Ganondorf's moveset. It seems rather entitled to me that even though Ganondorf fans already have their character, they demand another just because they don't like how it feels. Besides, I've played through every Zelda game from start to finish (except Zelda II, ****ing Death Mountain) and Ganondorf really doesn't seem too off in Smash at all. There are only 5 clone spots and it makes no sense to give one to a character that is already in the game.

Additionally, I don't see Black Falcon as iconic enough to be deserving of this.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
saltmodeactivate

Anybody who lists a character they're attached to (and subsequently downvotes Ridley), I'm going to immediately downvote and give ****e reasons like "They're ugly", "they don't fit", etc, because Ridley's one of my most beloved Nintendo characters, and if y'all are gonna **** on me, I'm gonna drop **** right back.

So, here we go.

-1 All Sonic Characters - Sonic characters are basically just Sonic with different accessories and body colors. Also, no more 3rd parties.

-1 Ganondorf to Black Shadow - No, seriously, I'm not just being an *******. Ganondorf is just fine with a few tweaks.

Also, lol @ "Ridley fans feeling entitled" and then coming in and downvoting him for the ****test reasons you can think of. I've supported Ridley for a long time, and we've had to go through enough "WHY RIDLEY CAN'T BE IN SMASH" videos on YouTube and "HERE'S WHY RIDLEY'S NOT PLAYABLE" topics everywhere else.

The last place I want to deal with this **** is here, in what I consider holy ground.
Damn

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I get the saltiness mode activation, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Through the games (Not including the idiotically designed Sonic Heroes), Tails and Knuckles have come to play very differently from Sonic.

I could be mistaken here, but neither of them even Spin Dash in the Modern Sonic games. I'd assume the very closest thing they could do now that Sonic does would be the spin attack Nair. I don't really imagine either of these character, if implemented into P:M would be very similar to Sonic at all.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
-1: Blackendorf

Unless the Blackendorf argument is supposed to be a vehicle for Black Falcon's appearance in Smash Bros., I'm not a big fan. I simply cannot sympathize with people discontent with Ganondorf's moveset. It seems rather entitled to me that even though Ganondorf fans already have their character, they demand another just because they don't like how it feels. Besides, I've played through every Zelda game from start to finish (except Zelda II, ****ing Death Mountain) and Ganondorf really doesn't seem too off in Smash at all. There are only 5 clone spots and it makes no sense to give one to a character that is already in the game.

Additionally, I don't see Black Falcon as iconic enough to be deserving of this.
He's so not iconic we can't remember his name!

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
You know I was watchin a little joymechfight on youtubers just now and I'm starting warm up a bit to the Sopakaupokupoopy dude or whatever. I mean if it truly was the first nintendo licensed fighting game.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
You know I was watchin a little joymechfight on youtubers just now and I'm starting warm up a bit to the Sopakaupokupoopy dude or whatever. I mean if it truly was the first nintendo licensed fighting game.
I see someone forgot to check their privilege
And by that I mean OP

Last edited:

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
I don't fully support but Blackendorf but what i can say is that the triforce ganon moveset isn't that great :/ imo
I'm not saying it's great. I'm just saying it's a good example on how the PMBR can make Ganondorf unique and keep his original moveset via stance changes. I personally love it though.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
You know
We should only have characters from previous Smash iterations playable
So Pichu fans rejoice!
Young Link fans, too! But sadly we can't declone him because that would destroy the purpose of bringing him back. And you guys thought spacies were bad
We can't have Doc because costume but...Master Hand was kinda playable in Melee. There ya go.
It's a shame you couldn't play as Metal Mario in 64. Lets change that. Grabbing a Metal Box makes him Pink Gold.
And how could you forget Sandbag? As said before you can't change his moveset so enjoy being worse than Melee Kirby.
TALK ABOUT AN ALL-STAR LINEUP

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I wonder if ROB is gonna be in S4, cuz that'd be a bummer if not. amirite or amirite or amirite.

#breakingtheawkwardsilence

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
saltmodeactivate

So, here we go.

-1 Ganondorf to Black Shadow - No, seriously, I'm not just being an *******. Ganondorf is just fine with a few tweaks.

Just going to say this now. If your motive behind down-voting is merely based on the fact a person down-voted Ridley, I will not be wasting an ounce of my energy to bother counting it. I suggest you chill out. Ridley is already dominating the poll, and there is still a chance he may be in Smash 4. Your time will come. One way or another. Relax.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yikes. Looks like tensions got pretty high today. Really though, thinking about it, a handful of downvotes, spiteful or otherwise aren't going to make a difference for Rids. Besides, he still gets a good number of upvotes even lately.

So...speaking of "seemingly high probability additions that aren't Ridley or Skull Kid", have we discussed Lyn or Isaac, and is there a high-probability character I'm missing that hasn't gotten alot of discussion lately? Let's talk about them.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Here's a valid reason why Ridley won't be in P:M as it stands right now;

There's still a risk of intersecting with SSB4's roster.

Wait until September 13th before getting all defensive with him like that.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
#47 is a reference to Condor
There are 48 levels in Vs. Ice Climber.
Summit is already in PM, it's based on a level in Ice Climber.
That means one level is already in PM, and there are 47 not in
And waiting at the top of those levels is Condor
RIP all your dreams
Condor wins

Last edited:

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I still can't believe Ridley is "dominating the polls".
Here's a valid reason why Ridley won't be in P:M as it stands right now;

There's still a risk of intersecting with SSB4's roster.

Wait until September 13th before getting all defensive with him like that.
What's on Sep 13? I swear to christmas if someone trolls me for asking...

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I still can't believe Ridley is "dominating the polls".

What's on Sep 13? I swear to christmas if someone trolls me for asking...
Nah, we won't: basically that's when the Japanese version of Smash 4 releases for the Nintendo 3DS. It'll share its roster with the Wii U version so it'll have every character. Thus, we'll know who we absolutely cannot put in Project M.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
How many more unannounced newcomers can there be? I'm seriously guessing two. MAYBE three. I'd be surprised if there were three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom