• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
Yes a Fire Emblem fighting game... and a Wind Waker fighting game... and a Paper Mario fighting game.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Lets keep talking about Mach Rider to get those last few halfvotes rollin'.

So, would he be based on Snake or Capt. Falcon?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Lets keep talking about Mach Rider to get those last few halfvotes rollin'.

So, would he be based on Snake or Capt. Falcon?
While I don't like the idea of Mach Rider being in the game, it can't hurt to talk about movesets right? I personally think if he does make it in it would be cool if he had a moveset that referenced his bike at least somewhere, maybe having Wario's side-B move would be cool.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Now that you mention it, he could probably be based on Wario too. With neutral B a Chain grab and the Up B Wario fart a jet boost.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if you will...a gritty Ice Climbers remake where you have to survive on the mountain while climbing it.
And you have to eat Nana to survive... You're stuck in a blizzard. There's no way out until the ice storm ends... She would've wanted it this way. You two came all the way here together. She would want you to make it at least... Or so you tell yourself

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Imagine if you will...a gritty Ice Climbers remake where you have to survive on the mountain while climbing it.
Sounds gross
And you have to eat Nana to survive... You're stuck in a blizzard. There's no way out until the ice storm ends... She would've wanted it this way. You two came all the way here together. She would want you to make it at least... Or so you tell yourself
I'm done

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Sounds gross

I'm done
Wait... Arctic... Shin was right... POPO DID EAT NANA TO GET THAT TALL!!!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Certainly would explain why SOPO is an option.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
This all gave me an idea. Someone throw parkas on some hunters and make a Rathalos-sized Condor. That'd be a great piece of art, too bad I can't draw it well enough to do it justice.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
Daisy-- She could be a hi-octane clone of Peach that has a faster aerial jump with better vertical speed in the air but no float ability or turnips. If she doesn't have turnips she should have a meteor strike for her down air so she can still finish off the stage opponents at times when Peach would gimp with a turnip. She would run faster like a captain Falcon or Sonic like Peach. Maybe give her only the tennis side smash and have that able to reflect projectiles.

I'd prefer her to NOT be in a dress and have her run fast. Or still be in her iconic dress but still run fast. I guess would prefer her classical sundress with the short sleeve and changing her crown to a golden crown. Maybe even reuse Melee Peach' run animation for more nostalgia?

People have been wanting her in since Melee and let's face it, shes not getting into a Sakurai made game anytime soon. Plus Peach was a top tier character in Melee that was good but really struggled against characters with fast ground mobility when the pressure was on. I mained Peach in Melee and got top 3 in a tournament in Chicago back in 2006 and continue to play her. I strongly feel Daisy should get a slot in PM. It would it distinguish itself from SSB4 which has Rosalina and Daisy will definitely not be getting a roster spot in that game.

What if Daisy's character was even based off of her with the fire flower which would give her fire abilities and more strength/ range? Most Mario characters shoot fire balls with the fire flower but don't you think it would be cool to have a character who got the fire flower and became a close range combatant with blazing hands instead? Could be very interesting!

Toon Zelda-- I don't really care for the character but given Zelda is a more glass cannon type I think having a smaller size and being more agile would make Toon Zelda a powerful character. Plus it would be easier to sweetspot with her smaller size.

If she were to happen, she needs SSB4 Zelda's Din's fire. Brawls was excessive and useless against a good player but the power of the newest version seems offensive. It should be faster to keep up with melee but not able to be spammable.

Ridley-- I just have always wanted Ridley in Smash but if he's too hard to do then Dark Samus would be fine I guess. Plus he and K. Rool could get a spot in SSB4 but Ridley is the most Bad a** character in Nintendo and would be very unique.

K. Rool-- Another DK character would be cool especially another heavy weight villain. he could bring some diversity to the roster

Bowser Jr.-- He could either be a clone or have an original moveset so it would allow PMBR to do what they have time for or whats best for the balance of the game. Plus that would bring the super mario series up to 6 with Daisy so it wouldn't seem like Nintendo's flagship series is so outnumbered by Pokemon and Zelda characters. Plus Bowser jr and Daisy would be really easy for PMBR to do.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Just popping in to say I'll be back in a week. I've decided to go and visit my hometown and spend time with those I haven't seen in years. I'm going to do my best to cope with this situation with the utmost strength I can provide. My friend wouldn't want me being a mope. Besides. Being here actually does make me happy. I will see you all around Sunday or Monday. Until then, take care everyone.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
This all gave me an idea. Someone throw parkas on some hunters and make a Rathalos-sized Condor. That'd be a great piece of art, too bad I can't draw it well enough to do it justice.
The way i conceptualized it was that you would fight against larger monsters, but there would be a teamwork mechanic where you also direct/order Nana

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
+1/2 Lyn

I main Roy now, and in FE: Binding Blade it's possible for Lyn to be his mother.

So if Lyn makes the cut I'm teaching my mom how to play Project M and we're finna dominate doubles.
On that note if Lucina makes it I'm teaching this game to my future unborn daughter.
Get back in line guys. Me and the world's first human clone have dibs on doubles Lynsanity.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
And you are talking about this in the clone engine thread... Why?
Because remakes came up. Maybe if you read earlier posts you would have known.

Also because this thread is offtopic 75% of the time, it doesnt really bother anyone, and if something to discuss does come up, it will be discussed.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Because remakes came up. Maybe if you read earlier posts you would have known.

Also because this thread is offtopic 75% of the time, it doesnt really bother anyone, and if something to discuss does come up, it will be discussed.
But what you're suggesting isn't a remake, it's a spin-off.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
While I don't like the idea of Mach Rider being in the game, it can't hurt to talk about movesets right? I personally think if he does make it in it would be cool if he had a moveset that referenced his bike at least somewhere, maybe having Wario's side-B move would be cool.
Literally the only way that anybody wants Mach playable is if he's on his bike 100% of the time.

Exodo

Smash Ace
#47 is a reference to Condor
There are 48 levels in Vs. Ice Climber.
Summit is already in PM, it's based on a level in Ice Climber.
That means one level is already in PM, and there are 47 not in
And waiting at the top of those levels is Condor
RIP all your dreams
Condor wins
nice theory i must say :D

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
I'm bored and trying to think of something to talk about regarding the thread topic.

Umm. Hm. I've already voted. Mmm. If I weren't lazy I could draw out moveset ideas for my candidates. Hmph. Tsk. Welp...

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
You know way back when the only mother character I ever considered would be a good add was Jeff. But that's cuz I thought he had a lot of advanced technology he could fight with. Not sure if that's the case anymore. I should look him up.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm bored and trying to think of something to talk about regarding the thread topic.

Umm. Hm. I've already voted. Mmm. If I weren't lazy I could draw out moveset ideas for my candidates. Hmph. Tsk. Welp...
Thank you for posting about the fact that you can't find anything to post about. You are truly bringing great content to this thread.

Shin F.

Smash Master
My Votes and ideas for moveset:
+1
Pichu:pichumelee:: Melee Veteran, could be done in such an awesome way.
Moveset: Make it faster but lighter than pikachu, could have that lucario smash 4 vibe, the higher its % the stronger its attack gets. for example: - down special 0-10% (15%) 11-20% (16%) 21-30% (17%) and like all the way up to 100%+ where it would do 25%.
this could also be applied on its stats as shown on lucario how building to much aura could be dangerous for him since its attack get to much range, for like the up b the higher his % the longer the distance or maybe it jumps more and more like on 100% its can do it 3 times instead of 2. its neutral b or maybe side b could use a stun mechanic that builds more stunning powers the higher the % like ZSS neutral b and down smash.

Slippy?:186:: an Aprils Fools joke striking for revenge.
Moveset: its stats could be based on the star fox assault stats, even tho fox and falco should be switched based on that. make him heavier and slower than fox and falco but give it some crazy vertical jumps. since he has short limbs he will have less range and slower attacks but a little bit stronger. slippy could incorporate some tripping mechanics like diddy's banana for example its side b could cause the enemy to trip and its dash attack could be him trippin foward the enemy as a missed try doing the same dash attack as fox and falco. its blaster should be green, and as game and watch down b having an random odd of hitting 9 it should have a random chance of causing the person shot to trip, maybe make them a bit slower than falco's and damage like fox's. its side b could also be a grenade like the one he is shown with on the star fox assault box, it could work like snakes neutral b.

Dark Samus: an perfect clone, better than ridley imo.
Moveset: she can be a much faster and ligther samus but also less damaging, her attacks like samus has fire and ice could be electric or dark energy like attacks, neutral b having it like fox blasters can shoot really fast without knockback without charging. up b can be faster and larger in range but instead of multiple hits it only strikes once. its smash attacks and aerials can be faster like samus with ice.

Black Shadow/Ganondorf:ganondorfmelee:: 2 on 1 combo, Black Shadow would fit better with the actual Ganons moveset based on that its a captains falcon clone.
Moveset: Ganondorf can incorporate its sword(finally) and give it some dark magic powers as shown in ocarina and other games. with the new alt skin of ocarina his sword could be the one from melee. maybe it could have a small levitation like mewtwo and peach and could have some ranged magic attacks. basicaly a moveset that actually fits its character based on the games.

i was planning to do a thread about specifically pichu and slippy but i dont feel like it.. anyway this are my up votes:estatic:
I was just updating votes, and figured I should tell you you've already voted. You've used all your +1 votes, so I can only put Pichu and Slippy as +1/2 for you. Dark Samus and Black Shadow were already 2 of your up-votes, so no change there.
+1 to the Rider. One of my hidden hopes.

If I have to change something, notify me.
Also used all your +1 votes. I can count it as a half-vote for you, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom