• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I'm not worried.
Ike is always there to sweep me off my feet and save me with his Quickdraw.
He always knew how to treat me like a princess :sadeyes:
/overusedjoke

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'm not worried.
Ike is always there to sweep me off my feet and save me with his Quickdraw.
He always knew how to treat me like a princess :sadeyes:
/overusedjoke
Well considering you jumped off a bridge, the only recovery option Ike has to save you is vertical. And with no walls to jump off of, he only has Aether to rely on. Good luck recovering if a spiteful Pit or Mario is awaiting you at the top of that bridge.

Last edited:

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
+1

Black Shadow (F-Zero) and Ganondorf(Legend of Zelda)

Skull Kid(Legend of Zelda)

Ridley (Metroid)

Hector (Fire Emblem)

Pokémon Trainer / Red (Pokémon)

+1/2
Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Bowser Jr. (Super Mario) - A character I never cared much for in an overrepresented franchise I also don't care much for.

Toad (Super Mario) - See above.

Waluigi (Mario Bros / Wario?) - See above.

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) - A character I REALLY never cared much for in a franchise I also don't care much for.

King K. Rool(Donkey Kong) - See above.

Pichu (Pokémon) - I don't see him as adding much to the game. I get why some people might find his self-harm thing interesting, and that might have been enough to leave me indifferent if the franchise weren't so represented already. I'd be disappointed if a slot were used on him.

Krystal (Star Fox) - Not interested in another space animal, even if this one would be significantly different. Krystal has always struck me as a furry fanservice character. I'm sure that's a sentiment born of my ignorance of the series, but that's what she feels like to me and I don't like seeing that in the game. Just personal preference, not an attack on the character or anything.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if it's been proposed, but as far as a possible Final Smash for Ninten, since PK Starstorm didn't exist in Mother, and I don't think we need three characters with that same Final Smash, I was thinking Ninten's Final Smash could be:

EVE: Ninten summons the robot of his great-great-grandfather EVE to his aid, the robot is quite tall and powerful, smashing opponents into the ground with a seismic slam before initiating her self-destruct. Initial seismic attack does around 30% damage and immobilizes opponents, although button mashing may free them, self-destruct does additional damage, around 50%, and can of course hit targets who were not effected by initial attack, with high knockback.

Last edited:

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Mmm...I would (and am with my personal game) add more than just five, but given the narrow list...

1) Paper Mario (If you played his games, you know why)
2) Dark Samus (as additional metroid rep, because ridley is to big.)
3) Pichu (I suppose he could be a alt-costume like phd Mario, but it really wouldn't be the same without self damage, besides it would be really cool to have a smash character with self damage made to be really good, kind of an extreme version of high risk high reward.)

As the for the other two votes I am not entirely sure, you see I feel like if the limit is five, at least one of Nintendo other franchise should be represented, but I am not really familiar with some of the others. So that would be vote 4, with my 5th vote being undecided atm.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr. (Super Mario) - A character I never cared much for in an overrepresented franchise I also don't care much for.

Toad (Super Mario) - See above.

Waluigi (Mario Bros / Wario?) - See above.

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) - A character I REALLY never cared much for in a franchise I also don't care much for.

King K. Rool(Donkey Kong) - See above.
I'm not counting votes but i think you might have to be a bit more specific if you want these to be counted. the reasoning for toad, bowser jr. and waluigi is over representation which i guess is ok but dixie kong and king k rools reasoning is just "i don't care for the series." Again i'm not official but what specifically about the series don't you like and why does that affect your opinion on the potential of these characters?

Last edited:

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I'm not counting votes but i think you might have to be a bit more specific if you want these to be counted. the reasoning for toad, bowser jr. and waluigi is over representation which i guess is ok but dixie kong and king k rools reasoning is just "i don't care for the series." Again i'm not official but what specifically about the series don't you like and why does that affect your opinion on the potential of these characters?
I don't care for the series and by extension the characters. As a result I wouldn't want to see them take up a clone slot. I'd much rather see something else, even if it's not one of my top five. I just don't like them. I think that's as good of a reason as any to not want them in the game.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the philosophy behind this vote. Are we only considering objective reasons for character inclusion? If so, you have a point. But if we're just voting on what characters we'd like in the game to see what the people want, I think I'm perfectly within fair use of the system with my reasoning.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
+1 for Pichu, Dixie Kong, Issac, Skull Kid and Toad
+ 1/2 Black Shadow/ Ganondorf

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Not sure if it's been proposed, but as far as a possible Final Smash for Ninten, since PK Starstorm didn't exist in Mother, and I don't think we need three characters with that same Final Smash, I was thinking Ninten's Final Smash could be:

EVE: Ninten summons the robot of his great-great-grandfather EVE to his aid, the robot is quite tall and powerful, smashing opponents into the ground with a seismic slam before initiating her self-destruct. Initial seismic attack does around 30% damage and immobilizes opponents, although button mashing may free them, self-destruct does additional damage, around 50%, and can of course hit targets who were not effected by initial attack, with high knockback.
I'm personally a fan of the Brain Cyclone proposition for Ninten's Final Smash. Eve would be interesting, though.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I don't care for the series and by extension the characters. As a result I wouldn't want to see them take up a clone slot. I'd much rather see something else, even if it's not one of my top five. I just don't like them. I think that's as good of a reason as any to not want them in the game.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the philosophy behind this vote. Are we only considering objective reasons for character inclusion? If so, you have a point. But if we're just voting on what characters we'd like in the game to see what the people want, I think I'm perfectly within fair use of the system with my reasoning.
You're within bounds. All your votes were counted, no issues here. Although I am sad there has been an influx of Dixie and Bowser Jr. downvotes.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Pretty much the very reason I downvote nobody. I wouldn't mind any of the characters we talked about here in the game.
I couldn't agree more! Sure there are characters I'd love to see, but almost anyone eligible has unique qualities that the PMBR would harness in a badass moveset. I'm not saying anyone who down voted wasn't just in doing so, but from a personal perspective I find it hard to hate a character unless you have reoccurring dreams in which they sexually violate you. Which I guess could be common when we're thinking about Slippy Toad.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I couldn't agree more! Sure there are characters I'd love to see, but almost anyone eligible has unique qualities that the PMBR would harness in a badass moveset. I'm not saying anyone who down voted wasn't just in doing so, but from a personal perspective I find it hard to hate a character unless you have reoccurring dreams in which they sexually violate you. Which I guess could be common when we're thinking about Slippy Toad.
Speaking of Slippy, wouldn't it he cool if he felt like a mix between a Star Fox character (falls fast, uses sci-fi tech but isn't necessarily a Fox clone) and Frog from Chrono Trigger?

It's an idea I had floating around in my head for a while. Instead of the Masamune, though, Slippy would just use his arms. Why?

Because that's how badass Slippy is, motherf*cker.

Oh man I might actually make another moveset for somebody. Whenever I get around to it I'll have it ready for everyone to see.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Speaking of Slippy, wouldn't it he cool if he felt like a mix between a Star Fox character (falls fast, uses sci-fi tech but isn't necessarily a Fox clone) and Frog from Chrono Trigger?

It's an idea I had floating around in my head for a while. Instead of the Masamune, though, Slippy would just use his arms. Why?

Because that's how badass Slippy is, motherf*cker.

Oh man I might actually make another moveset for somebody. Whenever I get around to it I'll have it ready for everyone to see.
It's been a long time since I've played Chrono Trigger, I'm trying to remember what exactly went down with the frog. It's certainly something I'd like to see in a moveset, so whenever you have the time.

Spleenhunter

Smash Cadet
+1 Skull Kid
+1 Lyn
+1 Dark Samus:
+1 Issac
Gonna save my last vote.

+1/2 Ridley

+1/2 Ephraim: I actually think both Lyn and he should be put in. That would complete the GBA Fire Emblem trilogy, and don't worry, having 5 characters from Fire Emblem is a good thing. Being able to combine the flourish moves (fast multihit) with tipper moves sounds interesting from a gameplay perspective. Marth is the only other character who centers around tippers, so another character that is in a similar vein could still be made pretty unique.

+1/2 Ninten: I've never played any Earthbound but if I voted for Ephraim to complete a trilogy it is only fair I do the same for Ninten. There is a lot of material for a unique character.

+1/2 Glaceon: She was the only pokemon besides Leafeon and Blaziken that seemed cool, and Leafeon would overlap a lot with Ivysaur and Blaziken is the same as Captain falcon. But there are some pretty cool moves that she could use looking at her Pokemon moveset. I know she's kind of random and there are a lot of Pokemon, but I think she is work considering.

Dash Attack: Tackle

Jab: Attacks with paws

F-tilt: Ice Fang, kind of similar to Samus' ice Fsmash but faster and actually useful.

D-tilt: Sand-attack, similar in function to Luigi's

U-tilt: Maybe an icy backflip (like Lucas')?

Down smash: Avalanche (holds an ice ball over her head that explodes into ice shards).

Side Smash: Perhaps Shadow Ball (this is arguably her most important non-Ice move so it could fit)

Up smash: Ice Beam, similar to Marth's Usmash

Down b: Blizzard (like Mario or Mach tornado)

Side B: Ice shard, maybe a cross between Sheik's needles and Lucas' PK freeze.

Neutral B: Mirror coat, somewhere between the cape and Nayru's Love

Up B: Quick attack, but made different from Pikachu's

Dair: Roar

Bair: Iron Tail

Nair: Icy Wind, like IC's but Nairified

Up air: a Short range Aurora Beam (I know she doesn't learn this but she should)

Fair: Ear Attack (different hitboxes depending on which pair of ears you hit with).

Grab would be Bite, with each pummel being another bite

Down throw: I don't know a suplex looking move would be kind of funny (they hit the ground and pop up)

Up throw: Shoots icy wind to hit them up

Back throw: throws them behind by throwing on ground (like a cuter version of Ike's throw)

Forward throw: could be another icy wind or a headbutt

This is my first time making a moveset, so I don't know how these moves would fit in a competitive character. I picked these moves more based on aesthetics than anything else

She would have to have a long wavedash because of her typing. She would probably be pretty light but not too floaty. She should also be top tier because she's a fox.

Her recolors could be her shiny color and the other Eeveelutions colors, similar to what was done with Charizard. (Although you could just pick 3 solid colors and find a cool (ha) combination.

-1 Pokemon Trainer- Considering there are already a ton of Pokemon, I think any more characters from the series should be actual Pokemon. The interesting part of the series is the Pokemon you use, not your own character/HMs.

-1 Waluigi- We don't need a Mario Party/sports rep, and if we did, I would rather have Daisy. It might be really selfish of me, but I would actually be upset if he were put in, even if we had infinite slots. He just annoys me because all he does is show up at tournaments and act rude. At least Wario does something useful (has his own games).

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
+1/2 Glaceon: She was the only pokemon besides Leafeon and Blaziken that seemed cool, and Leafeon would overlap a lot with Ivysaur and Blaziken is the same as Captain falcon. But there are some pretty cool moves that she could use looking at her Pokemon moveset. I know she's kind of random and there are a lot of Pokemon, but I think she is work considering.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
+1 Isaac
+1 Hector
+1 Lyn
+1 Knuckles
+1 Shadow

Yes, I want more sword users, so what? Also, I think it's very unfair to be able to downvote, not just because of third party characters like Shadow, but to anyone who even likes any character in consideration on this poll, I mean, what if this community had a lot of Ridley haters? They would be all sad because they wouldn't even have the chance to hope for him in this game when he shows up as a boss in Smash 4. And with all due respect tomato guy, that's my opinion, I don't really want to hear any argument for the inclusion of downvotes, I'm sure it has popped up before, and I'm here only to share my point of view, since my votes won't really matter anyway.

-1 Downvoting

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I want more sword users, so what? Also, I think it's very unfair to be able to downvote, not just because of third party characters like Shadow, but to anyone who even likes any character in consideration on this poll, I mean, what if this community had a lot of Ridley haters? They would be all sad because they wouldn't even have the chance to hope for him in this game when he shows up as a boss in Smash 4. And with all due respect tomato guy, that's my opinion, I don't really want to hear any argument for the inclusion of downvotes, I'm sure it has popped up before, and I'm here only to share my point of view, since my votes won't really matter anyway.

-1 Downvoting
lol @ tomato guy.

Also Ridley is the second most popular character in the thread. Just throwin it out there.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
+1 Isaac
+1 Hector
+1 Lyn
+1 Knuckles
+1 Shadow

-1 Downvoting
Three things:
- If the community had a lot of Ridley haters (as your example states), why would anyone bother putting him in the game? P:M is a mod made for the fans, by the fans- if the fans don't want something it wouldn't make much sense to put forth the effort to include it. This is why downvotes exist, to gauge the balance of support and opposition in regards to particular characters. Otherwise we'd just have an extremely high number of positive votes to compare among the popular characters (even with ones like Shadow that have a large amount of opposition as well as support, although we wouldn't be accounting for that without downvotes), with lesser known, but well liked characters unable to stand out.
- Nintendo characters should have a higher priority of being added in a Nintendo fighting game.
- The 'Tomato Guy' as you call him, is no longer monitoring the voting process, which makes it obvious that you didn't fully read the rules and guidelines in the OP as this is clearly stated in the second paragraph.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
- The 'Tomato Guy' as you call him, is no longer monitoring the voting process, which makes it obvious that you didn't fully read the rules and guidelines in the OP as this is clearly stated in the second paragraph.
To be fair, he kinda is still monitoring votes but at the same time he isn't. Anti Guy will still pop in on occasion when someone makes a mistake while voting and tell them how to fix it. We just collect all the data now.

Just saying to give MM3K the full picture. Honestly, Friesnchip's first point is the biggest reason why we have downvotes in the first place. Don't want to split the community in a community driven game.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

Dash Attack: Tackle

Jab: Attacks with paws

F-tilt: Ice Fang, kind of similar to Samus' ice Fsmash but faster and actually useful.

D-tilt: Sand-attack, similar in function to Luigi's

U-tilt: Maybe an icy backflip (like Lucas')?

Down smash: Avalanche (holds an ice ball over her head that explodes into ice shards).

Side Smash: Perhaps Shadow Ball (this is arguably her most important non-Ice move so it could fit)

Up smash: Ice Beam, similar to Marth's Usmash

Down b: Blizzard (like Mario or Mach tornado)

Side B: Ice shard, maybe a cross between Sheik's needles and Lucas' PK freeze.

Neutral B: Mirror coat, somewhere between the cape and Nayru's Love

Up B: Quick attack, but made different from Pikachu's

Dair: Roar

Bair: Iron Tail

Nair: Icy Wind, like IC's but Nairified

Up air: a Short range Aurora Beam (I know she doesn't learn this but she should)

Fair: Ear Attack (different hitboxes depending on which pair of ears you hit with).

Grab would be Bite, with each pummel being another bite

Down throw: I don't know a suplex looking move would be kind of funny (they hit the ground and pop up)

Up throw: Shoots icy wind to hit them up

Back throw: throws them behind by throwing on ground (like a cuter version of Ike's throw)

Forward throw: could be another icy wind or a headbutt

This is my first time making a moveset, so I don't know how these moves would fit in a competitive character. I picked these moves more based on aesthetics than anything else

She would have to have a long wavedash because of her typing. She would probably be pretty light but not too floaty. She should also be top tier because she's a fox.

Her recolors could be her shiny color and the other Eeveelutions colors, similar to what was done with Charizard. (Although you could just pick 3 solid colors and find a cool (ha) combination.
>She
>Her

My friend, I have some news for you regarding genders.

On a more serious note, the likelihood of anyone getting behind Glaceon besides me is slim because of the sheer amount of Pokemon that exist in this game already.

Yeah yeah, I get the whole "But you support Pichu!" saying every time I have to say this but once again, Pichu's status as a melee veteran is the only thing that makes it able to pass that state of being a Pokemon representative.

I'm not one to crush hopes so keep believing though.

and you can have this along with my condolences

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
To be honest, I wouldn't be upset with Glaceon. I love Eevee and all of its evolutions, I just don't see them making it into P:M.

Also, I think Frost Breath would be a better fit for FTilt and then you could put Ice Fang as his/her FSmash. Just my opinion :)

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
To be honest, I wouldn't be upset with Glaceon. I love Eevee and all of its evolutions, I just don't see them making it into P:M.

Also, I think Frost Breath would be a better fit for FTilt and then you could put Ice Fang as his/her FSmash. Just my opinion :)
pls don't do this JC.

You can see my avatar. I don't want to have to type out more things.

If I was a modder, you can be sure that there would be PSA's

Spleenhunter

Smash Cadet
>She
>Her

My friend, I have some news for you regarding genders.

On a more serious note, the likelihood of anyone getting behind Glaceon besides me is slim because of the sheer amount of Pokemon that exist in this game already.

Yeah yeah, I get the whole "But you support Pichu!" saying every time I have to say this but once again, Pichu's status as a melee veteran is the only thing that makes it able to pass that state of being a Pokemon representative.

I'm not one to crush hopes so keep believing though.

and you can have this along with my condolences
My apologies for offending the masculinity of the 83% male Glaceon population. But this one could be female because we need more female reps.
And you're totally right that Glaceon will never get picked (or even make it on the voting list), but if everyone (please?) puts in a half vote, I believe great things can happen. Already there are 3 of us after only one day! That could easily be translated into one and a half votes.

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
My apologies for offending the masculinity of the 83% male Glaceon population. But this one could be female because we need more female reps.
And you're totally right that Glaceon will never get picked (or even make it on the voting list), but if everyone (please?) puts in a half vote, I believe great things can happen. Already there are 3 of us after only one day! That could easily be translated into one and a half votes.
I think giving something a gender for the sake of just wanting more numbers is a little odd. I think it's kinda cool that some players interperate Pokemon genders differently as they see it but I dunno about outright saying one Pokemon should be male or female. Pikachu has a gender difference in the tail so we know it's male at least and people generally believe Lucario to be due to his male voice. Mewtwo is genderless but most call it a he due to again the male voice (least in the movie).

I personally see Squirtle and Charizard as male but Ivysaur as female. Supposedly the Japanese see Ivysaur as female due to a female voice actor but I always just thought calling her Ivy for short (Ivy being a female name) was kinda cool :L (I know the Ivy pun wouldn't work with the Fushigisou Japanese name)

That's just me though.

I'd like to have seen an Eeveelution in Smash buuut there's loads of them and there's already way too many Pokemon in the roster. That and if I had to pick an Eeveelution it'd be Sylveon, thing is adorable and it'd be cool to see a character rep for a game that came out after Brawl :V

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I think giving something a gender for the sake of just wanting more numbers is a little odd. I think it's kinda cool that some players interperate Pokemon genders differently as they see it but I dunno about outright saying one Pokemon should be male or female. Pikachu has a gender difference in the tail so we know it's male at least and people generally believe Lucario to be due to his male voice. Mewtwo is genderless but most call it a he due to again the male voice (least in the movie).

I personally see Squirtle and Charizard as male but Ivysaur as female. Supposedly the Japanese see Ivysaur as female due to a female voice actor but I always just thought calling her Ivy for short (Ivy being a female name) was kinda cool :L (I know the Ivy pun wouldn't work with the Fushigisou Japanese name)

That's just me though.

I'd like to have seen an Eeveelution in Smash buuut there's loads of them and there's already way too many Pokemon in the roster. That and if I had to pick an Eeveelution it'd be Sylveon, thing is adorable and it'd be cool to see a character rep for a game that came out after Brawl :V
It's an inside joke regarding people putting genders on Pokemon to match their headcanons despite the fact that they don't have a defined gender.

Ivysaur is defined to be Female in Project M.
Brawl Ivysaur as far as I know is still ambiguous.
Charizard and Squirtle are both referred to as male by the PMBR, while again their gender remains ambiguous for brawl.
Jiggs is female in PM and ambiguous in brawl.

Nonetheless, people won't really see a Pokemon as a definite representation of a specific gender because they are Pokemon and not people or similar enough to people.

Sylveon isn't eligible for the clone engine tragically, which means, not happening.
Once again, if I was a modder, I assure you that there would be PSA's.

They'd more than likely be made with Project M in mind as well since I find it more fun than brawl. :x

--------------------------------------------------

Some people see certain Pokemon as specific genders based on their features that define them.
As far as what I know from visiting a ton of places and lurking like a champion

Glaceon has more of a cute charm rather than a cool charm going to it, along with that headpiece which just plain out looks adorable.
Crystal blue eyes, along with the change in coloring at it's legs, which I constantly hear people refer to it as it's "stockings" Nonetheless, it's still got a bit of a male interpreted crowd.

Leafeon is more of a neutral because of the grass typing and brown eyes. Hard to describe but you can clearly tell which is which in a picture like this.
Leafeon leans more towards the male or ambiguous rather than female though.

Sylveon is seen as female on the forefront. Trust me though, there's a bunch of people that like sylveon as a male thanks to the "Girlyboy" status it gives.

Umbreon is seen as male on the forefront. obviously because of the edge, it's got its females though.

Espeon is surprisingly mostly neutral. It's because of the confident eyes. Ambiguous ahoy.

Flareon is seen as male mostly.

Jolteon is seen as Male mostly. More so than the others. Even when it's cute it's still mostly seen as male.

Vaporeon is seen Female mostly, Similar to Glaceon.

This may not be how you interpret them, but this is what I believe is the majority interpretation of these Pokemon from a long time being on this internet.

Last edited:

Bellioes

Smash Lord
+1
Isaac, Skull Kid, Dark Samus
( saving other 2 votes for now )

+1/2
Ridley, Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Lyn, Hector

I have no down votes. I wouldnt mind seeing any of the characters mentionned in the game though Ill say it for the sake of saying it; Im not in favor of another spot going to the pokemon franchise ( my subjective opinion). However, its not to point that I would downvote those caracters. I just feel it would be overrepresenting the franchise with 7 slots already being pokemon. /opinion

Spleenhunter

Smash Cadet
It's an inside joke regarding people putting genders on Pokemon to match their headcanons despite the fact that they don't have a defined gender.

Ivysaur is defined to be Female in Project M.
Brawl Ivysaur as far as I know is still ambiguous.
Charizard and Squirtle are both referred to as male by the PMBR, while again their gender remains ambiguous for brawl.
Jiggs is female in PM and ambiguous in brawl.

Nonetheless, people won't really see a Pokemon as a definite representation of a specific gender because they are Pokemon and not people or similar enough to people.

Sylveon isn't eligible for the clone engine tragically, which means, not happening.
Once again, if I was a modder, I assure you that there would be PSA's.

They'd more than likely be made with Project M in mind as well since I find it more fun than brawl. :x

--------------------------------------------------

Some people see certain Pokemon as specific genders based on their features that define them.
As far as what I know from visiting a ton of places and lurking like a champion

Glaceon has more of a cute charm rather than a cool charm going to it, along with that headpiece which just plain out looks adorable.
Crystal blue eyes, along with the change in coloring at it's legs, which I constantly hear people refer to it as it's "stockings" Nonetheless, it's still got a bit of a male interpreted crowd.

Leafeon is more of a neutral because of the grass typing and brown eyes. Hard to describe but you can clearly tell which is which in a picture like this.
Leafeon leans more towards the male or ambiguous rather than female though.

Sylveon is seen as female on the forefront. Trust me though, there's a bunch of people that like sylveon as a male thanks to the "Girlyboy" status it gives.

Umbreon is seen as male on the forefront. obviously because of the edge, it's got its females though.

Espeon is surprisingly mostly neutral. It's because of the confident eyes. Ambiguous ahoy.

Flareon is seen as male mostly.

Jolteon is seen as Male mostly. More so than the others. Even when it's cute it's still mostly seen as male.

Vaporeon is seen Female mostly, Similar to Glaceon.

This may not be how you interpret them, but this is what I believe is the majority interpretation of these Pokemon from a long time being on this internet.

Nice analysis! I always thought that Vaporeon seemed like a male, but I would have to agree with the popular consensus on the others.
Yeah if I were a modder, there would be a Project Pokemon vs Fire Emblem Smash game already in the works.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
This Pokemon talk got me thinking about the potential for :pt: and i came up with a moveset. It's pretty long though so brace yourself and grab a snack or two.

Ok so my idea for a :pt: moveset is slightly different than others so i'll go ahead and explain it a bit before going into it. Basically in my head, :pt: would be smash's version of a puppet master. What this means is that he doesn't do any attacking but rather positions himself and his puppets so they can attack for him. By his "puppets" of course i mean his Pokemon. One problem however is that the question is raised "which Pokemon should he be able to command?" I chose two very common ones(:050: and :016:) and a very sought after one(:133:). I know there are numerous possibilities and options but i think my setup is the most unique without being too difficult. If done correctly it can be one of the most dynamic movesets in the game.

- :pt: would have 3 Pokemon, 1 at his side at all times, 1 in the air at all times and 1 on the ground at all times.
- His air Pokemon would be :016::017: and :018:
- While his ground Pokemon would be :050: and :051:.
- For his side pokemon it would be :133: :134::135::136::196::197:Sylveon, Leafeon and Glaceon.

Here's a picture of where the Pokemon would have the freedom to move to. The green represents where :050:, and :051: can go while the red represents where :016:, :017: and :018: can go. :133: and her evo's are next to :pt: but since he isn't on screen they aren't either.

Of course all these pokemon would not be on the stage at the same time but they would evolve over the course of the match. :016:'s evolution ladder is straightforward as is :050:'s. :133:'s is a bit more complex though. To get the Pokemon to evolve would require you to meet one of the following requirements.

- The Pokemon needs to land a certain number of attacks
- The Pokemon needs to be used a certain number of times
- The Pokemon needs to be fed a certain number of rare candies.

If you lose a stock the Pokemon wouldn't devolve. Once they evolve that's it. Also after some time when the Pokemon has reached it's final form, feeding it rare candies only increases it's damage output by a little. The rest of the data remains the same. With all that being said, here is the WIP moveset.

Jab - :133: does a quick :pikachu2: like headbutt. (Evo's also headbutt)
Dash Attack - :133: curls up into a ball and throws his/her self forward. Same for Evo's.
Forwad Tilt - :133: bucks forward with back two legs. (Evo's all do a vertical arc elemental breath move. :136: does fire breath :135: electric etc. The arc is similar to waddle doo's electric beam)
Down Tilt - :133: crouches and does a tail sweep similar to :pikachu2:. ( Same for Evo's)
Up Tilt - :133: hops up and hits with head. Similar to :squirtle: hitbox wise but it looks like :charizard:'s up tilt/ up air. ( Same for Evo's except they emit a burst of their element.)
Down Smash - :133: does :pichumelee:'s dsmash from melee. (Evo's do :pikachu2:'s dsmash but for their element.) :050: pops up in the direction :pt: is facing while :133: just attacks around :pt:'s legs.
Up Smash - :133: jumps and arcs his/her head in a similar motion to wolf's up aerial. (Evo's do the same but emit their element in multiple bursts similar to :samus2:'s Up Smash)
Forward Smash - :133: curls up into a ball and propels his/her self forward. (Evo's do their elemental rendition of pikachu's fsmash. All are slightly different)
Nair - :133: .....Hard to explain this one so i'll start with the Evo's. They do an arc'ed elemental breath move similar to :ike:'s nair. It would cover in front of, under and slightly behind :pt:. :133: just curls up into a ball and follows the path of the nair.
Fair - :133: In an arcing motion similar to :marth:'s fair or :samus2:'s fair, :133: curls up into a ball and propels his/her self downwards with a slight curve. Evo's just do a breath based element attack following the same path.
Bair - :133: curls up into a ball and horizontally wips around the other side of :pt:'s body, :pt: turns around as it happens. Evo's do the breath thing again but horizontally instead of vertically.
Dair - :050: Pops up quickly then goes back under ground.
Uair - :133: Curls up into a ball and propels his/her self straight upwards. Evo's do an arc'ed elemental breath attack that follows the path of wolf's up air

Zair - :pt: uses the Pokemon ranger whip in a similar manner to :samus2:'s zair.

Grab - :pt: uses the Pokemon ranger whip to try and lasso the other character.

Pummel - This is where things get interesting. :pt: would have a semi wobble. His whip would have a shock mechanic which would be his actual pummel but :133: could jab the character with the infinity headbutt. For balance the character should be able to breakout after a certain number of hits or :133: would stop attacking after a certain number of headbutts.

Down Throw - :pt: slings the whip downwards which lifts the character slightly then as they're coming down :050: pops up under them for the attack.

Forward Throw - :133: curls up into a ball and propels his/her self into the body of the character

Back Throw - :pt: spins the character around and throws them with the whip similar to :samus2:'s back throw but at the end of the throw :133: curls up into a ball and launches his/her body into theirs.

Up throw - :pt: turns around with the whip over his shoulder and his back facing the character. Then he yanks forward and downward as hard as he can. The character is sent upwards and :016: swoops in to hit the character.

Time for Specials.

Neutral Special - :pt: picks up a rock and throws it. Small chance to pull a pokeball out of his backpack and throw it which captures the other character for a short period of time. More damage = longer time in the ball. The ball itself can't be damaged but can be picked up and thrown. I know it sounds broken because you can just pick the ball up and throw the character offstage but, you'd have to already have extreme amounts of damage for you to be in it that long and the chances of him pulling a pokeball would be like 1/10 and that doesn't even guarantee it. He has to actually hit you with the ball first.

Forward Special - Special move for :133: and her evo's. Haven't thought of them all yet but they will definitely be different from each other. I'm thinking some variation of a projectile.

Down Special (Dig) - :050: is called. Everytime he pops out of the ground is an attack. Tap :GCD::GCB: once to send him under ground as a trap. Tap :GCD::GCB: again to make him reappear where he currently is. Press :GCD::GCB: to make him go underground and follow you as long as you hold :GCB:. If you let go he'll resurface for a surprise attack. Before he resurfaces while your still holding :GCB: tilt:GCDR: or :GCDL: to make him resurface just in front of or behind you.:051: has a larger hitbox and deals more damage.

Up Special (Fly) - :016: is called. While on ground :016: will swoop down to the height that :pt: is at and fly straight across with extreme speed then flys back up in the air. The attack kocks other characters away from red. If :pt: is in the air off the stage, :016: swoops straight down then comes up under red who proceeds to grab onto :016:'s leg as he holds onto the foot of :133:. :016: is then controlled by the player in a similar manner to :pit:'s brawl up special as long as :GCB: is held. When :GCB: is released, :016: flings his/her leg and foot forward and red and :133: are sent tumbling in the direction the control stick is held. :016: then returns to the top of the screen. As :016: evolves, the amount of time he/she can stay in the air is increased. His/her hitboxes and damage is increased as well. Also :016: will auto attack any character that flies into him/her that isn't red. If red flies into :016: from an attack, Red will autotech against :016: as if he/she were a wall.

As :pt: moves around the stage, :016: positions his/herself on the same side of the stage as :pt:. If :pt: is more towards the middle of the stage, :016: will hover above the stage. Using up special while grounded switches sides that you would like :016: to be on. If :pt: is on the left and :016: is on the right, when :pt: goes to the right :016: will fly to the left. If you use up special :016: would then swoop to the right where :pt: is and when :pt: goes to the left :016: will also go to the left. Do the move again and :016: will now be opposite of :pt:. If :pt: is offstage and calls for :016: and :016: is on the opposite side of the map, :016: swoops downwards off screen and flies up just under :pt: however because they weren't on the same side :016: wouldn't gain as much altitude.

Taunt 1 - :pt: turns his cap around like ash and points forward saying something cheesy like "I'm ready to fight!" All Pokemon would then do a battle stance and battle cry.

Taunt 2 - :pt: raises his fist into the air and in the most annoying voice possible says "We did it!". The Pokemon would then howl and do some kind of happy dance.

Taunt 3 - :pt: reaches into his pack and throws out 3 rare candies at the same time. :016: then swoops down to catch one in its mouth, :133: jumps up and catches one in its mouth and :050: just catches it on its head and goes underground for a second then resurfaces with the rare candy missing.....weird. Sometimes :pt: will throw out a stone that can evolve :133:. If the stone thrown out isn't the evolution you prefer, there are two things you can do. 1 if you taunt cancel by sliding into the ledge as the candies are thrown, command :133: mid taunt. The candy will disappear and :133: will remain the same. 2 throw a rock at :133:. Use your neutral special just as :133: is evolving and he/she will stop. It's cruel but it will prevent the evolution.

This moveset would of course take at least 1000+ hours of work and would require multiple programming miracles but if it's done correctly i could see this character being incredible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom