• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
This is what you should be considering when making your downvotes against potential candidates. Are you really AGAINST Isaac, Damus, or Masked Man getting in? You can dislike that Masked Man literally is a giant walking spoiler and because of that I can agree with your downvote for him, but you don't seem to actually be against Damus or Isaac. You just want others to be able to get the spotlight in case those two do show up in Smash 4 or don't want 2 Metroid reps taking multiple slots. The solution to this is to vote for more characters, you have infinite half votes so show us who you'd like to make it in more than those two. Simple as that :)
I'll retract my down vote for Isaac but honestly I'd still really not want Damus in for the sake of just having another Samus, I generally don't like how Samus plays so having more than one of her is enough :L

MLGF

Smash Lord
Ah, so we're back to this.
Yeah, I think I preferred the egotistic moveset creation segment of this topic.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Ah, so we're back to this.
Yeah, I think I preferred the egotistic moveset creation segment of this topic.

This really is not the case. While Dark Samus may look like Samus, she could have a very different moveset than Samus.
And Luigi could have a very different moveset than Mario. You defeat the purpose of her being considered a clone if you make her moveset very different, and thus defeat the purpose of her being "easy to clone". That is something which a lot of people were appealed by when Dark Samus was discussed.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Okay, @ Rᴏb Rᴏb , let me try to explain this to you in a way you can understand, because it's obviously not getting through to you. PMBR is not putting Smash 4 Newcomers into Project M because that would threaten Nintendo's sales. If Nintendo is threatened, they're going to retaliate and shut it down. This is not the case for characters already in Brawl because they're already in the game. People who play Project M already have Brawl. They already have those characters. People who are buying Smash 4 aren't buying it for Mario. They aren't buying it for Link, or Samus, or Pikachu. Those people already have these characters in Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl. Why would they get Smash 4 just to play as Mario? They can already do that in three other games. People will buy Smash 4 for characters like Mega Man and Little Mac, because they can't play as those characters in other Smash games. So having Mario in Project M (which is just a mod of Brawl) doesn't effect Smash 4 in the same way having Little Mac would. All those people buying Smash 4 because it's the only game with Little Mac will no longer have to do so, and that hurts sales.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
And Luigi could have a very different moveset than Mario. You defeat the purpose of her being considered a clone if you make her moveset very different, and thus defeat the purpose of her being "easy to clone". That is something which a lot of people were appealed by when Dark Samus was discussed.
I guess that makes sense.

I'm just kind of sick of people writing off Damus because she's "just a Samus clone."

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I wrote a whole wall of text, but **** it, I can simplify it.
"X impacts sales!!"
"Y impacts sales too, but Y is still in PM"
"Y doesn't impact sales!!"
"Yes it does."

This is the argument that is going on right now, and it's going to continue endlessly if we keep going like this.

Alright, now I'm going to come clean. The reason I've brought all of this up is because I'm wondering how things will go down if Ridley gets confirmed for Smash4. With the recent leaks and Sakurai's constant avoidance of actually showing Ridley as a boss, I don't know what to expect. I think it's kinda silly to disqualify him from getting put into PM solely for being in Smash4, when there are so many more reasons to actually include him. They could give him a different moveset, a different model, go with the cop-out and claim it's a different Ridley, etc. Can you guys empathize with me and try to understand why I keep questioning what a lot of you are saying? I'm only trying to see if the general consensus on this matter actually holds up, which no one can really determine unless someone from the PMBR clarifies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I wrote a whole wall of text, but **** it, I can simplify it.
"X impacts sales!!"
"Y impacts sales too, but Y is still in PM"
"Y doesn't impact sales!!"
"Yes it does."

This is the argument that is going on right now, and it's going to continue endlessly if we keep going like this.

Alright, now I'm going to come clean. The reason I've brought all of this up is because I'm wondering how things will go down if Ridley gets confirmed for Smash4. With the recent leaks and Sakurai's constant avoidance of actually showing Ridley as a boss, I don't know what to expect. I think it's kinda silly to disqualify him from getting put into PM solely for being in Smash4, when there are so many more reasons to actually include him. They could give him a different moveset, a different model, go with the cop-out and claim it's a different Ridley, etc. Can you guys empathize with me and try to understand why I keep questioning what a lot of you are saying? I'm only trying to see if the general consensus on this matter actually holds up, which no one can really determine unless someone from the PMBR clarifies.
PMBR has clarified. It was in their blog post that this was explicitly stated. Someone even posted a link to it. If a character is confirmed for Smash 4 and is not already a veteran of the series, they are out. It's as simple as that. Nintendo doesn't give two ****s about technicalities like "Oh, it's a different Ridley!" Ridley would be a hype character that's bound to boost the game's popularity, and if Project M steals Smash 4's spotlight and hurts its sales, it's going down. If Ridley is in Smash 4, he's not in Project M.

If you can't understand or accept PMBR's rules, you have no place debating anything here.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

Additionally, to avoid appearing as competition to Smash U/3DS sales in Nintendo's eyes, we do not have any plans to try to "back port" any new Smash 4 characters to Project M.
When you port something, you're making an identical copy of it. So, I understand this quote to mean that they aren't going to make a 1:1 copy of a Smash 4 character. That's a pretty precise rule it seems, which is why I asked:
I can understand that back porting a character in such a way that makes them identical to their Smash4 form would not be a smart decision, but what exactly constitutes a breach in copyright? The characters playing the same, looking the same, having the same name, or what? Where is the line drawn?
and if Project M steals Smash 4's spotlight and hurts its sales, it's going down.
This has already been said, and I get it. The thing is, isn't it inevitable?

Shin F.

Smash Master
When you port something, you're making an identical copy of it. So, I understand this quote to mean that they aren't going to make a 1:1 copy of a Smash 4 character. That's a pretty precise rule it seems, which is why I asked:

This has already been said, and I get it. The thing is, isn't it inevitable?
You do realize that you're arguing semantics here, right? When they say they're not back-porting a character, the implication here is that it's not the moveset or the appearance, it is precisely what they said - the character. No matter what his moveset is, and whether you're using his Other M appearance, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, or any other appearance, Ridley is still Ridley. He's the same character.

And no, it is not inevitable. That's precisely why they've set up these rules to lower the chances of that happening.

Rᴏb

You do realize that you're arguing semantics here, right? When they say they're not back-porting a character, the implication here is that it's not the moveset or the appearance, it is precisely what they said - the character. No matter what his moveset is, and whether you're using his Other M appearance, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, or any other appearance, Ridley is still Ridley. He's the same character.

And no, it is not inevitable. That's precisely why they've set up these rules to lower the chances of that happening.
Yeah, you're right about this being about semantics. But are you right about the implication being made by the PMBR? Who knows, man.
To each his own.

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
This really is not the case. While Dark Samus may look like Samus, she could have a very different moveset than Samus.
I dunno, the fact she'd be so easy to clone from Samus doesn't scream much to me for a unique moveset at least compared to ZSS who's an entirely different entity. That and Dark Samus never appealled to me even as a character and while cool IF added with a very different moveset alone Damus just never was interesting compared to Ridley or some other Metroid villains.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I dunno, the fact she'd be so easy to clone from Samus doesn't scream much to me for a unique moveset at least compared to ZSS who's an entirely different entity. That and Dark Samus never appealled to me even as a character and while cool IF added with a very different moveset alone Damus just never was interesting compared to Ridley or some other Metroid villains.
By definition, clones don't have very unique movesets. But that doesn't mean you can't make them unique. Falco is different than Fox. Ganondorf is different than C. Falcon. And Roy is different than Marth. They have virtually the same movesets, but are tweaked in ways that make them play different. I would assume that even though Dark Samus would borrow most of the same moves and animations (although tweaked and replacing projectiles with phazon beams, and the Down B would also probably have to change), she would play much different. Like in her game, she'd be much faster than Samus, but also hit weaker. Just going off that premise alone would make Dark Samus be like a Ganondorf to Captain Falcon and feel like a fresh character... one that's done with an economical amount of work.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
But are you right about the implication being made by the PMBR? Who knows, man.
To each his own.
Yes, he is right.
The implication was made.
This is just the way it is. Maybe I can point you in the direction of Project M Unbound. It has a thread under Customized Content. I'm personally not a fan, because it's "developer" is a narcissistic, unprofessional person. That said, he's included every Smash 4 newcomer in his "build" so far. So that's your best chance if Ridley gets confirmed for SM4SH.

Last edited:

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
By definition, clones don't have very unique movesets. But that doesn't mean you can't make them unique. Falco is different than Fox. Ganondorf is different than C. Falcon. And Roy is different than Marth. They have virtually the same movesets, but are tweaked in ways that make them play different. I would assume that even though Dark Samus would borrow most of the same moves and animations (although tweaked and replacing projectiles with phazon beams, and the Down B would also probably have to change), she would play much different. Like in her game, she'd be much faster than Samus, but also hit weaker. Just going off that premise alone would make be like a Ganondorf to Captain falcon and feel like a fresh character... one that's done with an economical amount of work.
Oh I know it's just I'm a liiitle bit bias against Samus' playstyle in particular, just never really liked it and as I said Damus just really really does not interest me as far as Metroid villains go with Ridley being more recognisable and I'd be in the camp of ignoring the "he's too big" argument at times but I know a lot of people would still like her. I'll retract the down vote for Damus then if everyone really isn't keen on me not liking her much or not really wanting her in. :)

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Yes, he is right.
The implication was made.
This is just the way it is. Maybe I can point you in the direction of Project M Unbound. It has a thread under Customized Content. I'm personally not a fan, because it's "developer" is a narcissistic, unprofessional person. That said, he's included every Smash 4 newcomer in his "build" so far. So that's your best chance if Ridley gets confirmed for SM4SH.
Never again

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Oh I know it's just I'm a liiitle bit bias against Samus' playstyle in particular, just never really liked it and as I said Damus just really really does not interest me as far as Metroid villains go with Ridley being more recognisable and I'd be in the camp of ignoring the "he's too big" argument at times but I know a lot of people would still like her. I'll retract the down vote for Damus then if everyone really isn't keen on me not liking her much or not really wanting her in. :)
Not that there is anything wrong with not liking a character. So you don't need to.

Damus for official nickname!

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
Not that there is anything wrong with not liking a character. So you don't need to.

Damus for official nickname!
Already did :V

I guess I can't come up with a solid argument really, she's not as blatantly obvious for a down vote as someone like Waluigi to argue for and the most I can come up with is just being similar to a style I dislike, not particularly interesting a villain and Ridley being more iconic over her. That's just me though, others really want her in though so I guess I can't say much.

Also Damus is pretty funny. I've heard others say things similar for others like Pario for Paper Mario.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
No need to give up your downvote just for us. People are just trying to convince you of her legitimacy. But you don't like Samus playstyle anyways so its understandable that you'd downvote Damus. You should retract your vote if you are convinced. This thread made me give Snake a chance with the Sami and Liquid discussions that happened early on its lifespan, maybe the same thing will happen to you. Idk, just vote for who you want and don't want, peoples opinions change all the time in this thread.

Last edited:

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
No need to give up your downvote just for us. People are just trying to convince you of her legitimacy. But you don't like Samus playstyle anyways so its understandable that you'd downvote Damus. You should retract your vote if you are convinced. This thread made me give Snake a chance with the Sami and Liquid discussions that happened early on its lifespan, maybe the same thing will happen to you. Idk, just vote for who you want and don't want, people opinions change all the time in this thread.
I guess haha, just trying to avoid creating any enemies since I'm new to the site, last thing I'd want is to cause any hostility. If anything I'll probably just further my point and downvote Damus but half vote Ridley since honestly he is more iconic for Metroid, yeah he'll look a bit silly if they shrink him down after him already being full sized in Brawl itself but I'd be fine looking past it if he managed to be implemented as a third Metroid rep while other characters get a chance in over Damus.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I guess that makes sense.

I'm just kind of sick of people writing off Damus because she's "just a Samus clone."
It is a preference man. He just doesn't like they way Samus plays and likely will not enjoy whatever Dark Samus would offer as a result of that. You shouldn't really get bent out of shape about another person's taste. I mean you can't really dismiss that logic. Especially when you've got your own opinions against certain characters that others would love to see.

Already did :V

I guess I can't come up with a solid argument really, she's not as blatantly obvious for a down vote as someone like Waluigi to argue for and the most I can come up with is just being similar to a style I dislike, not particularly interesting a villain and Ridley being more iconic over her. That's just me though, others really want her in though so I guess I can't say much.

Also Damus is pretty funny. I've heard others say things similar for others like Pario for Paper Mario.
I guess haha, just trying to avoid creating any enemies since I'm new to the site, last thing I'd want is to cause any hostility. If anything I'll probably just further my point and downvote Damus but half vote Ridley since honestly he is more iconic for Metroid, yeah he'll look a bit silly if they shrink him down after him already being full sized in Brawl itself but I'd be fine looking past it if he managed to be implemented as a third Metroid rep while other characters get a chance in over Damus.
You shouldn't worry. Your reason for downvoting her is justified. People were just trying to express things that had been discussed in hopes that you would see more in the character than just a solid clone of Samus.

To explain, some very intriguing ideas were brought up a while back about how she could be a very fast character. She would basically move in a very Mewtwo-Esq fashion, have very fast paced strikes and shots, and essentially not have Samus' clunky movement. She would play very much like her incarnations in Prime, but still retain the core moveset idea of Samus. While the core moveset idea is similar, she is very much to Samus what Ike is to Marth. The execution and gameplay would feel vastly different.

Despite this, I personally remain indifferent about her entirely. You are allowed to feel the same if you want. Hopefully something in this posts makes you feel more comfortable about your decisions from here-on-forward.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
While the core moveset idea is similar, she is very much to Samus what Ike is to Marth.
Eh, I wouldn't use "Ike is to Marth" is an example. Those two are very different characters that don't share anything except for the Down B

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Eh, I wouldn't use "Ike is to Marth" is an example. Those two are very different characters that don't share anything except for the Down B
Bleck would have an issue with that :troll:

Also if a character we gave a full vote for turns out to be in Sm4sh we're allowed to change it, right?

Because in the hypothetical situation Ridley ISN'T a boss and he's playable, I plan on full voting Dark Samus instead.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Bleck would have an issue with that :troll:

Also if a character we gave a full vote for turns out to be in Sm4sh we're allowed to change it, right?

Because in the hypothetical situation Ridley ISN'T a boss and he's playable, I plan on full voting Dark Samus instead.
Yes, having one of your votes confirmed for Smash 4 is sufficient reason for allowing it to change.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That was the point of the example. You can't really say that example is any different from how PMBR made Mewtwo out of Lucario, honestly. The core gameplay concept of Marth was still used to make Ike what he is. Roy was built as a clone of Marth, and Roy is what Ike's initial concept was built upon. Ike is essentially just a decloned version of Roy. I guess it could have made more sense to say Ike to Roy, but my point is still there.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
That was the point of the example. You can't really say that example is any different from how PMBR made Mewtwo out of Lucario, honestly. The core gameplay concept of Marth was still used to make Ike what he is. Roy was built as a clone of Marth, and Roy is what Ike's initial concept was built upon. Ike is essentially just a decloned version of Roy. I guess it could have made more sense to say Ike to Roy, but my point is still there.
I think we're talking about two different concepts here. You're talking about characters used as a base for others to use int he clone engine. Every character is going to have to go through that process, and they're always going to base it off the closest character, regardless if they're going to actually close the character's moves or not. Mewtwo doesn't have a character that he's based off, so the closest thing is Lucario. Just cause he's based off Lucario's character, I don't really consider that a clone. When you say to make Dark Samus out of Samus in this way, that doesn't imply cloning at all, just the fact you can base her off Samus' model and animations and then take liberties from there.

When I'm talking about clones, I mean strictly in the sense of Melee-style clones. Movesets AND animations copied almost to a T (that doesn't apply for Ike vs Marth or Mewtwo vs Lucario), which currently only applies to Ganondorf, Falco, and Roy. When you say to make Dark Samus a clone out of Samus, you imply that you use the model and animations, and that's your fundamental base around which you only make small changes for the sake of not only faster production but moveset familiarity to new players who are still familiar with Samus.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think we're talking about two different concepts here. You're talking about characters used as a base for others to use int he clone engine. Every character is going to have to go through that process, and they're always going to base it off the closest character, regardless if they're going to actually close the character's moves or not. Mewtwo doesn't have a character that he's based off, so the closest thing is Lucario.
In this particular instance, we are on two different topics. I completely understand the design process like the rest of the thread regulars here. But the point of me bringing up the things I did was to show a point of view where Dark Samus isn't a exact 1-1 clone of Samus like some people initially think. Though people should understand that the initial reason a lot of people voted on Dark Samus was because she was easier to clone than other characters. By voting on her, there is a chance she will be more of a Roy case than an Ike case.

Also, you are right about Mewtwo. But it is because Lucario's core gameplay was inspired by Mewtwo that Lucario plays like he does. So building Mewtwo from Lucario is still no different than Ike being built from Marth. It is just being done in reverse. The logic still is completely relevant.

When I'm talking about clones, I mean strictly in the sense of Melee-style clones. Movesets AND animations copied almost to a T (that doesn't apply for Ike vs Marth or Mewtwo vs Lucario), which currently only applies to Ganondorf, Falco, and Roy.
Like you said before, we are talking about two different things. I was aware what you meant, but I don't think you was aware of what I meant.

Just cause he's based off Lucario's character, I don't really consider that a clone.
First of all, that is your opinion. Second, I agree. He is actually a Semi-Clone, and so is Ike.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
First of all, that is your opinion. Second, I agree. He is actually a Semi-Clone, and so is Ike.
Isn't that your opinion, though?
As an Ike main, I wouldn't consider him a semi-clone of anyone.
Sure, he shares a counter with Marth and Roy, but that mechanic is also shared by Peach and Brawl Lucario (and Little Mac, too, I guess). That move alone isn't really enough to consider him to be anywhere close to Marth or Roy (imo).

Last edited:

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
In this particular instance, we are on two different topics. I completely understand the design process like the rest of the thread regulars here. But the point of me bringing up the things I did was to show a point of view where Dark Samus isn't a exact 1-1 clone of Samus like some people initially think. Though people should understand that the initial reason a lot of people voted on Dark Samus was because she was easier to clone than other characters. By voting on her, there is a chance she will be more of a Roy case than an Ike case.

Also, you are right about Mewtwo. But it is because Lucario's core gameplay was inspired by Mewtwo that Lucario plays like he does. So building Mewtwo from Lucario is still no different than Ike being built from Marth. It is just being done in reverse. The logic still is completely relevant.

Like you said before, we are talking about two different things. I was aware what you meant, but I don't think you was aware of what I meant.

I think a better example of a semi-clone is probably Wolf. His B moves derive much more from Fox and Falco where as Ike and Marth's only real similarity in terms of moves is their counter.

More of Wolfs moves are based on Fox's i.e controllable direction up B, a dashing side B, a reflector for down B and a blaster projectile for neutral B though each move functions a lot more differently compared to how similar Fox and Falcos are to one another. Ike on the other hand is far far different from Marth overall.

If Damus is a Ganon/Falcon style clone or a Fox/Wolf Semi-clone I'd personally not find such a basis for her moves as interesting. Perhaps if she played absolutely nothing like Samus and didn't have projectiles/bombs and such then I'd be more interested but then it wouldn't really be Dark Samus if that was the case. Ironically it's like a reverse Ganon where Ganon is a clone of Falcon but that doesn't feel like how he is from his games where as if Dark Samus had a similar clone relationship with Samus it would be closer to her games.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be honest, I don't care much about cloning or moves that only fit the character based on their game history, there are only 5 characters slots to be filled, I would personally prefer to see characters that fill voids that Brawl is currently lacking in, or could benefit from.

So far I really have no desire to see Dark Samus integrated into P:M over Ridley, as so far I see Ridley filling an aerial master void that could be quite interesting to see, but don't really get what Dark Samus would be, other than clone this and clone that. If I wanted to play Samus, I'd play Samus, if I'd want to play Wolf, I'd play Wolf.

At the same time I am not bad-mouthing D-Samus, I'm just saying I don't see what she/it would do in P:M that we don't already have from other characters. Again, this is why I am an Issac fan, because in my mind I could see them integrating him with all charging specials to represent his three tiered spells, and thus having a fast character with very quick but low powered moves, but with the ability to charge them into KO moves. I know that if included that will probably not even be what Isaac will end up being, but it helps me see potential.

Maybe if Dark Samus fans would explore what she/it would give to P:M that it is currently lacking or could benefit from, more people may rally behind her/it?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'm gonna be honest, I don't care much about cloning or moves that only fit the character based on their game history, there are only 5 characters slots to be filled, I would personally prefer to see characters that fill voids that Brawl is currently lacking in, or could benefit from.

So far I really have no desire to see Dark Samus integrated into P:M over Ridley, as so far I see Ridley filling an aerial master void that could be quite interesting to see, but don't really get what Dark Samus would be, other than clone this and clone that. If I wanted to play Samus, I'd play Samus, if I'd want to play Wolf, I'd play Wolf.

At the same time I am not bad-mouthing D-Samus, I'm just saying I don't see what she/it would do in P:M that we don't already have from other characters. Again, this is why I am an Issac fan, because in my mind I could see them integrating him with all charging specials to represent his three tiered spells, and thus having a fast character with very quick but low powered moves, but with the ability to charge them into KO moves. I know that if included that will probably not even be what Isaac will end up being, but it helps me see potential.

Maybe if Dark Samus fans would explore what she/it would give to P:M that it is currently lacking or could benefit from, more people may rally behind her/it?
I agree, all but the point about PM lacking an aerial master. Mewtwo is damn close to air based perfection.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I agree, all but the point about PM lacking an aerial master. Mewtwo is damn close to air based perfection.
Mewtwo is an Aerial Float Master, I very much see Ridley working much differently, personally. Being faster but heavier, and being moreso based on actual flight then telekinesis/teleportation.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Mewtwo is an Aerial Float Master, I very much see Ridley working much differently, personally. Being faster but heavier, and being moreso based on actual flight then telekinesis/teleportation.
Ah, so you're thinking a character with flight abilities that has more speed and less ground control... I gotcha.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think a better example of a semi clone is probably Wolf. His B moves derive much more from Fox and Falco where as Ike and Marth's only real similarity in terms of moves is their counter.

More of Wolfs moves are based on Fox's i.e controllable direction up B, a dashing side B, a reflector for down B and a blaster projectile for neutral B though each move functions a lot more differently compared to how similar Fox and Falcos are to one another. Ike on the other hand is far far different from Marth overall.

If Damus is a Ganon/Falcon style clone or a Fox/Wolf Semi-clone I'd personally not find such a basis for her moves as interesting. Perhaps if she played absolutely nothing like Samus and didn't have projectiles/bombs and such then I'd be more interested but then it wouldn't really be Dark Samus if that was the case. Ironically it's like a reverse Ganon where Ganon is a clone of Falcon but that doesn't feel like how he is from his games where as if Dark Samus hada similar clone relationship with Samus it would be closer to her games.
Semantics. But perhaps the better term to use here is Partial-Clone. Either way, it shouldn't be hard to see where I'm getting at.

Oh don't get me wrong. I personally could care less about Damus myself. I just felt it was fair to share ideas people have talked about over the duration of this thread. Perhaps to give you others point of view and to see what you would get out of it. I personally am on your end of this whole thing where Damus offers nothing of interest that Samus has not already covered. At this point she offers no more than a lamenting factor of having another Metroid rep present, other than Samus herself. Of course this assuming Ridley is too much of a task for PMBR to make / balance him properly or Smash 4 announcing him playable.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
By this poor logic as "similar bases = clone", everyone is a clone in 64 because they all share the same nair... well except DK
So no.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who realizes how dumb this argument is
It's a respectful argument, as in noone's angry, but it's still really silly to be discussing
It hurts me. Let's talk Balloon Fighter, we all like him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom