• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
So I've read over the proposed Ninten moveset ... but Ninten doesn't use a Yo-yo ... he uses a Baseball Bat or a Slingshot/Boomerang. The Yo-yo wasn't introduced until Mother 2/Earthbound, wasn't it?

On that note, if we really wanted a Mother 1 rep, maybe we should be considering Ana instead, she kicks quite a lot of ***, moreso than Ninten since she has access to the lion's share of PSI in the game, with a few notable exceptions.
Well, technically that's correct. But, the Yo-yo is one of Mother 1's unused sprites, hinting that at some point it was going to be in the game, but was removed to make way for a different item. Yo-yo's appear in both of Mother 1's sequels, and the PK Kids are known for borrowing from other characters. (If you didn't know just about every one of Lucas/Ness's moves are taken from a party member) Honestly, I've been replaying Mother 1 again and didn't care to mention the lack of yo-yo's because Ninten's set is badassery. He uses many utilities, it isn't a stretch in any sense to say a yo-yo could be added to that arsenal. The move set is great, and yo-yo's do appear in Mother.

I'll leave it at that.

Tending to your other comment,

No.

Ninten is without a doubt the most worthy Mother 1 character. He is the protagonist, and has the most potential. Putting in Paula would be like putting in another Ness or Lucas, which is what Shin was avoiding when making Ninten, in the sense that Ninten should use more support PSI as truthfully seen by the protagonists. Which also makes me feel the need to say, who cares about a yo-yo!? If Shin's set was implemented it would be the most true Mother move set to date! Ninten is the clear choice if we want a Mother 1 rep.

Edit: I just have to mention something regarding the SM4SH Leak tangent, how do we know that isn't the PK Kids in between Pit and Samus?

Last edited:

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Edit: I just have to mention something regarding the SM4SH Leak tangent, how do we know that isn't the PK Kids in between Pit and Samus?
Bcuz Zero Suit gets her own slot, now.
That CSS looks super not real, though.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Because the link I provided showed the character next to Pit had a "Y" at the end of it's name and had a Metroid icon when selected. Now can we get off this topic, it's really doesn't concern this thread until it's actually proven true.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Don't you dare say that
Even in jest
Maybe it's only Lucas, and Ness was cut instead?

Anyway, other than that. I saw you're whole Yo-yo thing for Ninten, but you left the Specials out, wasn't there some idea posted about QuickUp and 4th D Slip being part of his moveset? Or are his special still up in the air? Should Ninten use PK Beam, even though he doesn't use offensive PSI normally? Since Beam was, at least, specific to Mother1?

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Maybe it's only Lucas, and Ness was cut instead?
That would be an asinine move on Nintendo's part. Ness, has seniority, and Earthbound had success in multiple countries while Mother 3 was never localized. (The reason why Lucas was cut from Melee)

In all seriousness, this tangent should end.

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
+1 :
Tetra - could be very unique and interesting to play as
Black Shadow/Ganondorf - just makes sense, more than anything else
Paper Mario - Game and Watch already plays interestingly, could be very unique
Pichu - a semi-clone non-self damaging version of Pikachu could be stupendous, rounds out Melee

+1/2
Dark Samus - clone of Samus would be really amazing

-1/2
Ridley - just don't think he could be both satisfying and balanced, Dark Samus would be better choice
Dixie Kong - I don't really like Diddy, and I straight up hate Dixie

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Here's an idea for Ninten's Neutral Special:

PK Beam: When Nintent uses PK Beam he charges it for just a moment, so there's a slower start-up, similar to Falcon Punch or Warlock Punch, Ninten pulls back his arm and braces himself while saying "PK ... " as yellow/white light builds up on Ninten, before he launches the beam. The startup actually allows Ninten to "aim" the beam, he can aim it in three directions, default is straight forward, if he presses up, it launches it at a 45 degree angle, similar to Ivysaur's Solarbeam, and he can also reverse it as well, and fire it behind him. Otherwise, the beam looks quite similar to R.O.B.'s own NSpecial beam, although doesn't have the colldown (tradeoff is the startup).

Ninten having the PK Beam, as well as it's animation, is based on the original Mother commercial where he does use the PK Beam with Ana.

Also an idea for a Ninten taunt, Ninten pulls out the Ocarina and plays one of the eight notes, if possible, this taunt would have eight variations, every time Ninten uses it again, he plays the next note, so using the taunt eight times allows Ninten to play the entire melody.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Maybe I'm missing something, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Why does a character's inclusion in Smash4 affect their chances of being in PM, especially if that character already appears in Brawl in some shape or form? For example, why is Little Mac completely disregarded as a possibility?

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm missing something, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Why does a character's inclusion in Smash4 affect their chances of being in PM, especially if that character already appears in Brawl in some shape or form? For example, why is Little Mac completely disregarded as a possibility?
Because if the PMBR includes a character that was already confirmed for SM4SH, then Nintendo could view Project M as "competition" to SM4SH and shut it down.

Rᴏb

Because if the PMBR includes a character that was already confirmed for SM4SH, then Nintendo could view Project M as "competition" to SM4SH and shut it down.
I don't understand this train of thought. PM already has so many characters that are going to be in Smash4, does it really matter if they include a newer one?
imo, if Nintendo wanted to shut down PM's development, they would have already.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand this train of thought. PM already has so many characters that are going to be in Smash4, does it really matter if they include a newer one?
The PMBR is talking about newcomers.

If Mega Man, Rosalina, Little Mac, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer were added in to Project M, then there would be a POSSIBILITY that people would prefer Project M to SM4SH, which would be a big no-no to Nintendo.

Also, think about it from Nintendo's point of view. Project M is just kind of "there." It is not doing anything that is especially horrible. If Nintendo were to shut down Project M for no reason, then that would just bring unwanted attention to Project M and give Nintendo a bad rep.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

I can understand that back porting a character in such a way that makes them identical to their Smash4 form would not be a smart decision, but what exactly constitutes a breach in copyright? The characters playing the same, looking the same, having the same name, or what? Where is the line drawn? I'm assuming the PMBR would rather play it safe than sorry, but what at what discretion was their specific self-made limitations made? I'm not trying to argue against their decisions, as I'm waiting to see how things pan out, but I would appreciate some details only insofar as to shed some light on the reasoning behind this decision.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
I can understand that back porting a character in such a way that makes them identical to their Smash4 form would not be a smart decision, but what exactly constitutes a breach in copyright? The characters playing the same, looking the same, having the same name, or what? Where is the line drawn? I'm assuming the PMBR would rather play it safe than sorry, but what at what discretion was their specific self-made limitations made? I'm not trying to argue against their decisions, as I'm waiting to see how things pan out, but I would appreciate some details only insofar as to shed some light on the reasoning behind this decision.
You just answered your own question.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

You just answered your own question.
I'd appreciate it if you read into my post a bit more before dismissing it, if that's what you were trying to do. There obviously is more to the PMBR's reasoning if they find it okay to make creative liberties with character X, but are afraid to do so with character Y, with the only difference between the two being that character Y wasn't originally playable in Brawl. Why is this a deciding factor?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'd appreciate it if you read into my post a bit more before dismissing it, if that's what you were trying to do. There obviously is more to the PMBR's reasoning if they find it okay to make creative liberties with character X, but are afraid to do so with character Y, with the only difference between the two being that character Y wasn't originally playable in Brawl. Why is this a deciding factor?
Look, it isn't that hard to understand. They've even explained it themselves in that link Arcticfox8 sent you. By using NEW characters that are going to be in Smash 4, they then pose a threat to the potential sales and overall existence of Smash 4. People have a more preferable version of Smash Bros. at a much lower cost. If you don't believe me, people still play Melee. You can shove graphics and additional features up your bum if you think that stuff matters overall.

And to further explain, this also potentially harms the sales of the Wii U even further if Smash does not sell as much as it should. The new Smash is going to be a system seller to boost the Wii U's sales overall. If those sales are cut, if even a little, then the system will suffer and likely put Nintendo in a position to either cut home consoles altogether, or become a 3rd party company. Not to mention you make the company lose money, people don't get paid, some lose a job, and Nintendo becomes a less friendly company to their fans. All because a mod was made to make the content free and to the fans standards. Real good fan support right there.

Now about this whole "Play it safe" thing. People like you guys make me sick when you have this mentality. Nintendo has graciously let this project survive for as long as it has. What you are asking is pretty damn selfish when you consider what you are asking. "Let us stab Nintendo in the back and milk as much of their content as we can and make a more ideal game for a much lower source cost". That is essentially what you are saying. So tell us what there is to understand? Why aren't we stabbing Nintendo in the back after how they graciously let this project exist? Yeah I thought so. Be happy with what you can get.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Here's an idea for Ninten's Neutral Special:

PK Beam: When Nintent uses PK Beam he charges it for just a moment, so there's a slower start-up, similar to Falcon Punch or Warlock Punch, Ninten pulls back his arm and braces himself while saying "PK ... " as yellow/white light builds up on Ninten, before he launches the beam. The startup actually allows Ninten to "aim" the beam, he can aim it in three directions, default is straight forward, if he presses up, it launches it at a 45 degree angle, similar to Ivysaur's Solarbeam, and he can also reverse it as well, and fire it behind him. Otherwise, the beam looks quite similar to R.O.B.'s own NSpecial beam, although doesn't have the colldown (tradeoff is the startup).

Ninten having the PK Beam, as well as it's animation, is based on the original Mother commercial where he does use the PK Beam with Ana.

Also an idea for a Ninten taunt, Ninten pulls out the Ocarina and plays one of the eight notes, if possible, this taunt would have eight variations, every time Ninten uses it again, he plays the next note, so using the taunt eight times allows Ninten to play the entire melody.
PK Beam has been discussed, as well as a melody taunt. We've discussed PK Beam as a special, and even a Final Smash.

Not dismissing your idea, it a good one, you're just a tad late to the party.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
PK Beam has been discussed, as well as a melody taunt. We've discussed PK Beam as a special, and even a Final Smash.

Not dismissing your idea, it a good one, you're just a tad late to the party.
Awww, but I like discussing characters!

Another idea, either as a Taunt or a Winning Animation, Ninten says "No crying until the end!" Mother 1's tagline!

Last edited:

Sef

Smash Rookie
NNID
Seflicky
+1 Saki
+1 Sami
+1 Andy
+1 Ray Mk III
+1 Sukapon

All characters I could see adding a lot to PM. Especially Saki.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Full Vote
Isaac
Tom Nook
Shadow
Saki
Toad

Down Vote
Dixie Kong (Honestly as much as I love the DKC series I feel like we could get a better rep than Dixie)
Pichu (Do we need more Pokemon let alone a clone?)
Knuckles (As big a Sonic fan as I am.....Knuckles' personality in the past few games has made me severly not like him at all anymore)
Paper Mario ((This is about to contradict my Toad vote) I dont feel like we need anymore Mario characters but I voted Toad because of Mario 3D world)

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Awww, but I like discussing characters!

Another idea, either as a Taunt or a Winning Animation, Ninten says "No crying until the end!" Mother 1's tagline!
I'm a fan of that one! Don't know how voice overs would go over on a Mother character. I definitely think his inhaler should be taunt!

Rᴏb

I don't even know how to approach this post. You are getting way too offended at me trying to get some clarification. Instead of attempting to answer my questions, you're putting words in my mouth and accusing me of sacrilege for asking said questions. Do you realize how ridiculous that is? Come on, man. The only time I gave my opinion is when I said: "imo, if Nintendo wanted to shut down PM's development, they would have already." does this really warrant such an attack?

As for you saying that including new characters from Smash4 in PM threatens the sales of both the game and the system, you're implying that the existing characters in PM don't already do this. I fail to see how that makes sense. Are people going to buy Smash4 because Little Mac is in it? Yes. Are people going to buy Smash 4 because Mario is in it? Yes. Please explain to me what the difference is here. If you think people aren't going to buy Smash4 if Little Mac gets into PM, what about the people who aren't buying Smash4 because Mario is in PM? Why do some sales losses matter than others? Why do people think the PMBR is competing with Nintendo if they happen to choose the same newcomer as them, but don't think the PMBR is competing with Nintendo when they remake veterans? In no way am I accusing anyone of doing anything, I'm just trying to understand how the reasoning isn't the same for any and every given character. If someone from the PMBR could explain their reasoning I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I'm a fan of that one! Don't know how voice overs would go over on a Mother character. I definitely think his inhaler should be taunt!
Oh, just had an idea! I know it has been discussed that Ninten's Up+Special might be 4th-D Slip, in which Ninten enters a portal that can then be directed, allowing him to avoid attacks, sort of a slower Teleport.

How about as a down taunt, Ninten pulls out Bread and tosses crumbs on the ground, that stay there (like Snake's C-4), at first this looks useless, but it can actually be used for an instant 4th-D Slip, when used with Bread crumbs on the ground, it instantly teleports Ninten to the position of the Bread crumbs! Crumbs disappear if the taunt is used again, or if Ninten loses a stock.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Oh, just had an idea! I know it has been discussed that Ninten's Up+Special might be 4th-D Slip, in which Ninten enters a portal that can then be directed, allowing him to avoid attacks, sort of a slower Teleport.

How about as a down taunt, Ninten pulls out Bread and tosses crumbs on the ground, that stay there (like Snake's C-4), at first this looks useless, but it can actually be used for an instant 4th-D Slip, when used with Bread crumbs on the ground, it instantly teleports Ninten to the position of the Bread crumbs! Crumbs disappear if the taunt is used again, or if Ninten loses a stock.
That's actually a really cool idea. I'm not sure about the programming practicality. It would make for quick escapes, like "Oh f*** Link has that Triforce Slash sh*t goin' on better drop some bread, son." Now all this idea needs is the Shin F. Stamp of Almighty Approval.

I don't even know how to approach this post. You are getting way too offended at me trying to get some clarification. Instead of attempting to answer my questions, you're putting words in my mouth and accusing me of sacrilege for asking said questions. Do you realize how ridiculous that is? Come on, man. The only time I gave my opinion is when I said: "imo, if Nintendo wanted to shut down PM's development, they would have already." does this really warrant such an attack?

As for you saying that including new characters from Smash4 in PM threatens the sales of both the game and the system, you're implying that the existing characters in PM don't already do this. I fail to see how that makes sense. Are people going to buy Smash4 because Little Mac is in it? Yes. Are people going to buy Smash 4 because Mario is in it? Yes. Please explain to me what the difference is here. If you think people aren't going to buy Smash4 if Little Mac gets into PM, what about the people who aren't buying Smash4 because Mario is in PM? Why do some sales losses matter than others? Why do people think the PMBR is competing with Nintendo if they happen to choose the same newcomer as them, but don't think the PMBR is competing with Nintendo when they remake veterans? In no way am I accusing anyone of doing anything, I'm just trying to understand how the reasoning isn't the same for any and every given character. If someone from the PMBR could explain their reasoning I would greatly appreciate it.
I see you're having difficulty understanding our reasoning here. Before I explain, I'd like to just put it out there I'm in no way trying to offend you or call your curiosities foolish. The fact is, while maybe including SM4SH Characters in Project M wouldn't affect the game's sales, the possibility is there. The PMBR would rather not take the risk of Nintendo pointing their scaly fingers towards Project M and breathing fire down it's throat. Even though you may think that it won't be a big deal, if they take the chance and it is, that looks quite bad for the PMBR and the Project's future. The PMBR is doing everything that they can to assure that the two games can co-exist, one of those things is assuring the rosters' newcomers don't mimic each other, because Nintendo could view that as a competition. I can personally say that I've yet to buy a Wii U, despite my wanting for one. I'm sure SM4SH will eventually make me snap and buy the system and game. Now, think if the majority of new content in SM4SH is available for free on a system and game I already own. Am I going to be as excited to delve into the world that is Smash 4? Certainly not! When those kind of thoughts start floating around, thats when Nintendo views the PMBR as competition. So, they'll do everything in their power to avoid that situation, which at the moment is refraining from adding any SM4SH newcomers into Project M/.

Last edited:

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
New to the forum after someone linked me to this topic and so far I'm liking it.

FULL VOTE

+1 Ganondorf + Black Shadow (This would not only be an awesome way to keep Ganons heavy hitting style for Black Shadow but it also allows Ganon to have a more true to his games style)
+1 Ray MKII (Could be interesting seeing this under repped series have a character)
+1 King K Rool (DK Needs a villain rep and for once it's a character who didn't originate from Mario first and so many people have wanted this guy)
+1 Sami (Under repped series needs another potentially interesting character.)
+1 Saki (With a ZSS base hopefully will make up for the fact it would be another blade using character and since Saki was deconfirmed for Smash 4 they deserve a chance)

HALF VOTE

+1/2 Skapon (Could be cool seeing something like this as an old homage)
+1/2 Tom Nook (Truly the most evil character Nintendo has ever conceived, your mortgage handler)
+1/2 Lyn (Couldn't hurt to have one more Fire Emblem rep considering her popularity)
+1/2 Samurai Goroh (Need I say more?)
+1/2 Skull Kid (Potential trickster style would be cool though I'm a bit hesitant to vote for this due to the potential 6 Zelda reps)
+1/2 Ridley (Willing to ignore the size issue due to how iconic he is and the idea of playing as such brutal character like him would be great. If I had to choose one more character to rep Metroid it'd be him)

DOWN VOTE

-1 Isaac (I'm sorry, I love Golden sun and everything BUT I'm still holding onto the hope Isaac is in Smash 4 so we can free up another slot for someone else in PM!) Ignore this one :VVV
-1 Bowser JR (No more Mario characters, especially not this little brat)
-1 Dark Samus (Samus herself is nice enough on her own and honestly if Ridley got implemented I'd think it best not have a 4th Metroid character in over some others. That and I generally dislike how Samus plays so don't want another version of her, Samus deserves to be in the game but I wouldn't want more of her. If anything Ridley is just more iconic of the two if I had to choose a 3rd Metroid character to be in the game)
-1 Masked Man (Mothers reps are fine as is honestly and eeeh spoiling a main plot point for Mother 3 for those who might want to play it is kinda bad)
-1 Waluigi (Enough Mario characters in the game as is and honestly he's the worst of the bunch for potential reps and generally disliked amongst fans)

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
-1 Masked Man (Mothers reps are fine as is honestly and eeeh spoiling a main plot point for Mother 3 for those who might want to play it is kinda bad)
I'd just like to say, that if Masked Man was chosen as Project M newcomer, it would be very easy to alleviate his spoiling qualities. Granted he is called Masked Man and not Claus, and keeps on his helmet, there goes half of your argument. Also, if we're downvoting people based on rep number, you might as well downvote every pokemon idea to date. I'm probably biased, (I love Mother) but those are just some things to think about. I hope that didn't come off as disparaging. Also, please, please don't downvote someone just cause they might be in SM4SH.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
DOWN VOTE

-1 Isaac (I'm sorry, I love Golden sun and everything BUT I'm still holding onto the hope Isaac is in Smash 4 so we can free up another slot for someone else in PM!)
-1 Bowser JR (No more Mario characters, especially not this little brat)
-1 Dark Samus (Samus herself is nice enough on her own and honestly if Ridley got implemented I'd think it best not have a 4th Metroid character in over some others)
-1 Waluigi (Enough Mario characters in the game as is and honestly he's the worst of the bunch for potential reps and generally disliked amongst fans)
Some of these I can understand but "hoping" for someone to make it into Smash 4 shouldn't really be a reason to downvote them. If it was a big possibility of them showing up I'd understand but if you like the character enough to hope for them to be in Smash 4 you shouldn't downvote them. Dark Samus's downvote is also kind of eh, because the PMBR probably wouldn't put both Ridley and Damus in anyways so why downvote for that reason. Just my two sense worth.

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
I'd just like to say, that if Masked Man was chosen as Project M newcomer, it would be very easy to alleviate his spoiling qualities. Granted he is called Masked Man and not Claus, and keeps on his helmet, there goes half of your argument. Also, if we're downvoting people based on rep number, you might as well downvote every pokemon idea to date. I'm probably biased, (I love Mother) but those are just some things to think about. I hope that didn't come off as disparaging. Also, please, please don't downvote someone just cause they might be in SM4SH.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm down voting him because I like Mother too haha. I just feel there are some other characters who take priority considering the size of some series or lack of representation for others. Like 3 Mother reps over only 1 for F-Zero and 2 for Metroid would be a shame. Pokemon and Mario I suppose get a bit of a pass since they've get soooo many characters to begin with but I feel the game doesn't need MORE of those than what's already in.

Believe me I'd love to play as Isaac but if it turns out mid way through him being made that he shows up in Smash 4 I'd feel I'd have duked others out on some characters who could've took his place.

That's just me though :)

Last edited:

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
Some of these I can understand but "hoping" for someone to make it into Smash 4 shouldn't really be a reason to downvote them. If it was a big possibility of them showing up I'd understand but if you like the character enough to hope for them to be in Smash 4 you shouldn't downvote them. Dark Samus's downvote is also kind of eh, because the PMBR probably wouldn't put both Ridley and Damus in anyways so why downvote for that reason. Just my two sense worth.
I understand what you're saying but this vote could be the opportunity to give under repped characters with 0 chance of getting into the next Smash at all compared someone who could end up in both. That's just my warped way of thinking mind :V

As for Dark Samus it's mainly because there's far more people who'd rather have Ridley and Ridley would be a bit more of a unique character amongst the Metroid series to be added so having someone just be a direct clone of Samus might be a bit of a waste. Least in my eyes. Appreciate hearing the opinion tho.

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I agree. I was going to comment that we probably should've put a statement that you should be voting on only how much you'd like that character to be in the game, ignoring all technical aspects. We're not qualified to judge characters based on technical aspects, nor are we qualified on our ability to predict the future (who will make it into SSB4). Those are other factors that the PMBR can always take into account themselves. But if people incorporate those factors into our voting, then that skews the data.

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
I agree. I was going to comment that we probably should've put a statement that you should be voting on only how much you'd like that character to be in the game, ignoring all technical aspects. We're not qualified to judge characters based on technical aspects, nor are we qualified on our ability to predict the future (who will make it into SSB4). Those are other factors that the PMBR can always take into account themselves. But if people incorporate those factors into our voting, then that skews the data.
If you do intend to change the voting conditions I'd be more than happy to tweak my vote to be better suited to the conditions. I just generally worried I'd have been a bit too selfish looking at it purely based on who I like when I'd just as much want to see underepped series too and honestly some characters take more priority over others for what I'd like to see :L

caldw19940

Smash Cadet
(Late-late) Was I the only one that thought Tom's loan prices were completely reasonable, if not cheaper than they should have been? (Late-late)
The Raccoon mob boss of Animal Crossing, truly one of the greatest video game bosses ever :L

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I don't even know how to approach this post.
That much is obvious.

You are getting way too offended at me trying to get some clarification. Instead of attempting to answer my questions, you're putting words in my mouth and accusing me of sacrilege for asking said questions. Do you realize how ridiculous that is? Come on, man. The only time I gave my opinion is when I said: "imo, if Nintendo wanted to shut down PM's development, they would have already." does this really warrant such an attack?
I'm not at all offended. But when 3 or so people give you your answer and you still can't comprehend the answer, that justifies our frustration. There is a difference.

The answer to your question is obvious. You are taking content that is supposed to be unique to Smash 4 and inserting it in Project M for free. Why should people even bother buying Smash 4 if the content that was supposed to make it unique is a free download in what many consider an already vastly superior title? People buy sequels because they are supposed to enrich on the experience of the game with new content. Project M does enrich the experience, but it has not taken what is unique about Smash 4 away from it. Take that away and you threaten sales. If you still don't understand, then I'm sorry. You will never understand.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
3. Each unique poster can down vote any number of characters. Only down vote if you're actually AGAINST the character being in. If you're indifferent, just don't vote on that character. This will be also be tallied on a separate count rather than subtracting against the up votes. This is to differentiate actual opposition from just indifference to a character. Note: From now on, it is required to give an explanation (it doesn't have to be long, it can be brief as long as it's reasonable) for all anti votes. Otherwise they won't be tallied. This is to try to keep things honest and not use these votes to play the numbers.
This is what you should be considering when making your downvotes against potential candidates. Are you really AGAINST Isaac, Damus, or Masked Man getting in? You can dislike that Masked Man literally is a giant walking spoiler and because of that I can agree with your downvote for him, but you don't seem to actually be against Damus or Isaac. You just want others to be able to get the spotlight in case those two do show up in Smash 4 or don't want 2 Metroid reps taking multiple slots. The solution to this is to vote for more characters, you have infinite half votes so show us who you'd like to make it in more than those two. Simple as that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom