• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well friend I'd hate to break it to you but there is one real fatal thing with this whole scenario.

You never checked your facts.
To be honest, I had a feeling from the start. The way you argued was far too abnormal from what I would expect from you. Plus I attempted to actually find your picks and had no luck. huehuehue

Let this be a lesson to all of you who poorly argue against a character. We will find you. And we will destroy you.

Hmm, I don't think I like the direction XYZ monsters took it.
Really? I thought for sure you would be all about that Baby Tiragon.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
@ Saito Saito

<- Not even mad. I know when I've been bested. GG Saito. Clearly you were waiting to draw Exodia this whole time.

But had it been someone who were serious about the situation, they would have been toast.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
@ Saito Saito

<- Not even mad. I know when I've been bested. GG Saito. Clearly you were waiting to draw Exodia this whole time.

But had it been someone who were serious about the situation, they would have been toast.
Good sport.

Although I feel the need to apologize for @ Rasgar Rasgar

You were a casualty of war and I am sincerely sorry for almost ruining your day.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Good sport.

You were a casualty of war and I am sincerely sorry for almost ruining your day.
On the plus side, anyone who enters this thread reading those conversations now knows not to **** with California.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Good sport.

...The cynic in me wonders if this is some sort of joke. But I'm guessing it's not. So apology accepted. I need to stop taking everything so seriously.

Mostly I'm just glad that I'm not a teenager anymore, because I probably would've latched onto the bait like a pitbull and kept on biting. I used to be pretty good at staying mad and ruining my own day.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I support Issac, the fact that he is an RPG caracter actually appeals to me, maybe it is because he is a bit FF-esque, I am not sure, but I think he would be a welcomed addition to the roster. Yeah, he's another swordie, but I don't think that in itself is a problem, I think it has been pointed out before a lot of characters fight with good ol' fisticuffs and yet no one seems to bash on Sukapon or Waluigi just because they would be attacking with their hands and feet.

As for being from a dying series, or commenting that Issac shouldn't be the GS rep because he was not involved in the 2010 game, unfortunately if we want a Golden Sun character at all we are severely limited to a single option, Issac is the only GS character to appear in Brawl, so yeah, maybe using a different character who uses another weapon or someone more recent might be slightly more optimal than Issac, but sadly none of them are viable.

Also, I do think Issac has a lot to offer, first of all he is an Earth and Plant user, somewhat of a rarity as far as heroes go in the first place, I don't think anyone uses earth attacks, and Ivysaur is the only one I can think of who uses any grass attacks. Plus I still like my idea of the charging specials system, as it is a specific niche not yet filled by any other current Smash character to have chargables for all their specials, and it would reflect the psyenergy system 3 tiered growth that Golden Sun has.

Anyway, if you still feel Issac is not a character you'd wanna see in Smash, that is of course you're right. I don't really see you denouncing him just because everyone else thinks he's a good choice as being a troll, neither asking for a retort. Just because you put up a flameshield just means you don't want people going "F off you're a troll" and "I have no good opinion of my stance on this subject, you are just wrong and stupid for not agreeing with me".

Personally I like Krystal as a candidate, and have no opinion of Sakupon because I am not familiar with it, and don't want Pichu added because I don't like him personally. That doesn't make me wrong, just means I have a different opinion, just like we clash on Issac.

Bleck

Smash Master
remember back when I said that darkmask probably doesn't even know what a troll is

matex

Smash Rookie
while i approve of pichu or isaac (both characters seem fun really) i dunno why there is no character from the tales of series on the list.
my personal favorite would be kratos from ToS dunno if im the only one but i consider it one of the best rpgs to date and the char is plain badass :)

the downside would be that he needs fully made animations altho the moveset can kind of be taken from the games anyway.

Shin F.

Smash Master
while i approve of pichu or isaac (both characters seem fun really) i dunno why there is no character from the tales of series on the list.
my personal favorite would be kratos from ToS dunno if im the only one but i consider it one of the best rpgs to date and the char is plain badass :)

the downside would be that he needs fully made animations altho the moveset can kind of be taken from the games anyway.
Because a character has to be in Brawl in some form (trophy, sticker, etc) to be eligible.

No third party characters (besides Sonic + Metal Gear characters in the game)

If you would read the entire OP, you would already know this.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Because a character has to be in Brawl in some form (trophy, sticker, etc) to be eligible.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

At least he didn't say Kratos from GoW. Then I would have laughed.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Why don't we use the 5 remaining slots for the 5 original Avengers
Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, and Wasp.
In my opinion Avengers #1 is one of the best comics ever made and the Avengers are really cool.
Way better than the Justice League, it's only a matter of time before Smash 4 picks them up and I think PM should too.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Why don't we use the 5 remaining slots for the 5 original Avengers
Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, and Wasp.
In my opinion Avengers #1 is one of the best comics ever made and the Avengers are really cool.
Way better than the Justice League, it's only a matter of time before Smash 4 picks them up and I think PM should too.
Not sure if trolling..

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet
Seriously, you all know that the best Characters choices for PM are Isaac, Ray, Dixie Kong, Dark Samus and Black Shadow/New Ganondorf, right?

Others great possibilities are Pichu, Lyn and Waluigi, but I clearly don't See the others in PM...

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I don't think Andy/Sami, Saki, or Masked Man/Clause would be bad choices either. Of course I'd also support Ridley, King K. Rool, Skull Kid, and Bowser Jr. for some more villains to join the roster. Not to say your top 5 aren't great choices, but there are quite a lot that could work extremely well besides just those 5.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
So hey, what would Dixie Kong's gimmick be? Diddy is all about traps and annoyance, DK's all about power, but what about Dixie? What would be her shtick to separate her from her hairy cousins? I mean she does have the hair thing, but really, that's really just DK's up special.

In my opinion, it sounds like instead of Dixie, Tails might be a better choice, as he could have the same aerial recovery (spinning tails vs. spinning hair) and may have more options for other moves what with his expansive game history.

Shin F.

Smash Master
So hey, what would Dixie Kong's gimmick be? Diddy is all about traps and annoyance, DK's all about power, but what about Dixie? What would be her shtick to separate her from her hairy cousins? I mean she does have the hair thing, but really, that's really just DK's up special.

In my opinion, it sounds like instead of Dixie, Tails might be a better choice, as he could have the same aerial recovery (spinning tails vs. spinning hair) and may have more options for other moves what with his expansive game history.
This may sound blasphemous to many here, but I actually do support Tails more than I do Dixie. He would have his flying abilities plus his tech and a spin dash for flavor.

TBH, I've just never been a fan of having another monkey. I'd prefer K Rool to Dixie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom