• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That'sNotTheJoke.jpg

I guess that's been pointed out by now. I was referring to the references to Isaac and Ridley, and to the clone character debate in general. No offense meant, I guess? You seem to have taken it a lot more seriously than I intended, but that's hard to determine from straight plaintext.
Oh I know what your intentions were. I wasn't taking it seriously at all. My reaction was joke fuel.

On that note:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I want to assign every state a Clone Engine candidate now just bcuz.
Tennessee - Jimmy T
California - Isaac
Texas - Ridley
Ohio - Every Unknown Character Ever
Michigan - Pichu
New Jersey - Shadow
He's from a dead series with no hope of revival.
<-----2010

>Same year as newest Metroid game.
>Metroid is a dead series confirmed.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Getting real dull around here...

Ahem....

Issac is not a proper character to be represented in project M.

He's from a dead series with no hope of revival. His moves are too complex to construct and add into project M so even an attempt at him would be half ***** not unlike his games. Why waste a perfectly good slot on another generic swordsman when there are plenty of other viable options? It's like you guys want project M to be the laughing stock of the smash games.
I see far more people complaining about the generic Pokemon that Pichu is. Why waste a perfectly good slot on a clone that barely anyone is asking for?

Issac is literally the 2edge4u cloud style character from Nintendo. He didn't work out so they ended up getting a new one in shulk, who is just as bad of a choice for smash as Issac. Even Ridley has better potential despite having ****ty potential as well. It's like every bad character choice just happened to be the top choices in this thread.
Lets hear your picks then.

/flameshield
This is the internet. No shield can save you from the inevitable backlash you are likely to receive. Your fate was sealed the moment you spoke ill about the top ranking candidate. Rather it is a joke or not. Haters will come.

Get the salt shakers guys. It's time for dinner. For tonight, we dine in hell.

TrojanPoohV2:pichumelee:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I see far more people complaining about the generic Pokemon that Pichu is. Why waste a perfectly good slot on a clone that barely anyone is asking for?

This is the internet. No shield can save you from the inevitable backlash you are likely to receive. Your fate was sealed the moment you spoke ill about the top ranking candidate. Rather it is a joke or not. Haters will come.

TrojanPoohV2:pichumelee:
No, wait. That would actually be fun as hell. We should make a page of posts about Pichu being terrible and unwanted, then tag his old uber-supporters like TrojanPooh and TopTierPichu so they see them. It'll be the best troll this thread has seen in a while. The latest ones are coming off as kind of weak.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
No, wait. That would actually be fun as hell. Let's make a page of posts about Pichu being terrible and unwanted, then tag his old uber-supporters like TrojanPooh and TopTierPichu so they see them. It'll be the best troll this thread has seen in a while.
That is quite devious of you. I would not have expected that from you Shin. You are usually the anti-troll.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Let's play.

Ah yes, evading my points.

Strange how that works out. I bring up completely valid things about said character and you go and bring up the character that I have talked about and defended instead of defending your own character.

Seems to me like you're just trying to weaken my arguments.

My picks were already posted. You're free to go look at them again.

You know what though?
/breakshield
/Equip's
Lure Cap

I welcome you to tackle my points.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
So I just checked back and saw everything.

No, wait. That would actually be fun as hell. We should make a page of posts about Pichu being terrible and unwanted, then tag his old uber-supporters like TrojanPooh and TopTierPichu so they see them. It'll be the best troll this thread has seen in a while. The latest ones are coming off as kind of weak.
There's no way this wouldn't be the greatest achievement this thread has followed through on.

#Shin4KingOfTrolls

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Quick note: Isaac being my state California's representative is more genius than just being the Golden Sunshine state. Our state has a higher frequency of earthquakes than any other state in the country. Guess what element Isaac is a master of?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Quick note: Isaac being my state California's representative is more genius than just being the Golden Sunshine state. Our state has a higher frequency of earthquakes than any other state in the country. Guess what element Isaac is a master of?
Fridge Brilliance ftw!

North Carolina: Tails, because that's where the Wright Brothers made the first working plane.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
None of you accept the call to battle?

Shameful.

I'm also in california.
Feelsgoodman.

Shin F.

Smash Master

Shameful.

I'm also in california.
Feelsgoodman.
Eh, Isaac doesn't need any of us to defend him. The results speak for themselves. Besides, I think you've done this with Isaac before.

Maybe try someone who is liked, but isn't the top tier. Lip? Saki? Sukapon? K Rool? I dunno.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Ah yes, evading my points.
Only ignoring the ones that make no significance to your argument.

Strange how that works out. I bring up completely valid things about said character and you go and bring up the character that I have talked about and defended instead of defending your own character.
Unfortunately for you, I'm not defending Isaac. I've grown no personal attachment to this character. He would be a wonderful addition either way, but I've never played Golden Sun to care if he is denied his position. But I do know Pichu is is just as generic, if not more than Isaac. Isaac offers far more variety. And if 2edgy4u is really an argument you are going to provide against Isaac, don't support another edgy character like Shadow to tarnish what argument you are trying to build. You can't build a tower out of 3/4 Paper and 1/4 of Bricks without at least half of it being blown away.

Seems to me like you're just trying to weaken my arguments.
Not hard to do when you challenge a character people actually want. That already cuts down the impact of your argument considerably.

My picks were already posted. You're free to go look at them again.
Soon.....Soon.

You know what though?
/breakshield
/Equip's
Lure Cap
I was expecting a response exactly like this. I know your game Saito. I know what a trap is. I play Yugioh.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
And if 2edgy4u is really an argument you are going to provide against Isaac, don't support another edgy character like Shadow to tarnish what argument you are trying to build. You can't build a tower out of 3/4 Paper and 1/4 of Bricks without at least half of it being blown away.
I found that pretty hilarious, actually. Isaac has to be one of the least edgy swordsmen in gaming. Like, I think Link and Meta Knight might actually be more edgy than Isaac. Marth, Roy and Ike definitely are.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I found that pretty hilarious, actually. Isaac has to be one of the least edgy swordsmen in gaming. Like, I think Link and Meta Knight might actually be more edgy than Isaac. Marth, Roy and Ike definitely are.
I can't really see Roy being that edgy. Unless you are talking about Awakening Roy. I find Meta Knight to be the most edgy character out of the group. I mean look at his sword, mask, cape, and bat wings. 2Edgy.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I can't really see Roy being that edgy. Unless you are talking about Awakening Roy. I find Meta Knight to be the most edgy character out of the group. I mean look at his sword, mask, cape, and bat wings. 2Edgy.
Maybe, but I think being from a series where characters can legit and permanently die outside the story automatically gives the Fire Emblem characters an edgy factor that the others don't have.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Only ignoring the ones that make no significance to your argument.

Hohoho.
Yet no point has been countered yet.

Unfortunately for you, I'm not defending Isaac. I've grown no personal attachment to this character. He would be a wonderful addition either way, but I've never played Golden Sun to care if he is denied his position. But I do know Pichu is is just as generic, if not more than Isaac. Isaac offers far more variety. And if 2edgy4u is really an argument you are going to provide against Isaac, don't support another edgy character like Shadow to tarnish what argument you are trying to build. You can't build a tower out of 3/4 Paper and 1/4 of Bricks without at least half of it being blown away.

You say you don't support him though so you have no quarrel with me. Move along son and let the Djinn praisers defend their worthless character.
Comparing Issac to Shadow though? Pshaw. That's like comparing someone ridiculous like Sukapon to someone who truly deserves a spot like Krystal.

Not hard to do when you challenge a character people actually want. That already cuts down the impact of your argument considerably.

Yep, fighting against the bandwagon is hard. People haven't even played the game and no nothing about his genericness but are pretty much like "Oh he looks cool and has blonde hair! Pick him!"

I was expecting a response exactly like this. I know your game Saito. I know what a trap is. I play Yugioh.

>Implying this is a trap.
Responses in Bold.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Well, here it is. April 28th.

If the PMBR makes any kind of announcement, I will film myself making brownies, then smashing one into my face and upload it onto here for all to see.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Hohoho. Yet no point has been countered yet.
I'll humor you then. Saying a dead series is undeserving is literally the most contradicting thing you can say in the context of Smash. Captain Falcon, Star Fox and crew, Wario, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., Ness and Lucas are all characters in this game from slowly dying, if not dead, series. Pit and Little Mac were both from very dead series, but were in demand. Even if their situation is a bit reversed, the point still stands that they had a series revival and was brought into Smash. If that point of your argument really meant anything, these characters should all be removed. Veterans or not.

You say you don't support him though so you have no quarrel with me. Move along son and let the Djinn praisers defend their worthless character.
I never said I don't support him. I'm just not going to be butthurt if he isn't in the game, because I don't have any attachment to the series. But I do have a quarrel with those who pose thoughtless arguments. You are starting to sound like TrojahPooh. Don't get full of your own opinion.

Comparing Issac to Shadow though?
You said edgy. If you are going to argue Sonic related information with me, it isn't going to be in your favor. Everything after Sonic Adventure 2, ShtH the video game. End of story.

That's like comparing someone ridiculous like Sukapon to someone who truly deserves a spot like Krystal.
I don't really see anything edgy about Isaac or what would make him a detestable character. He is just another Silent Nintendo Protagonist. That is like saying Paper Mario is edgy. My point is relevant. Though at this point I know not to take a word you are saying seriously after saying Krystal deserves a spot more than Sukapon. As if you couldn't contradict your argument any worse, Star Fox is a pretty dead series. Not to mention Krystal is a very unfavorable choice. And that is before considering you just compared two dead series characters for the sake of your argument.

Yep, fighting against the bandwagon is hard. People haven't even played the game and know nothing about his genericness but are pretty much like "Oh he looks cool and has blonde hair! Pick him!"
Oh yes. That is so true. I mean it honestly couldn't have anything to do with people actually being fans of the series, and those who aren't actually want to see him because of the positive responses of the Fire Emblem characters random introduction to the Smash series, which may lead to the same effect with this series too. Couldn't possibly be that at all. Nope. Especially not the fact people who support him offered a reasonable description of his potential moveset and how he is not the stereotypical swordsman. Nope. Obviously just because he is anime styled people chose him. Yup. Because he obviously resembles Cloud Strife.

>Implying a majority of us didn't have an intelligent reason to vote on him.

This is not even about Isaac. This is about how you are posing an argument relative to that of "Ridley is too big". And that is just a poor argument altogether. Get real Saito.

/flameshield
You know what though?
/breakshield
/Equip's
Lure Cap

Shameful.
>Implying this is a trap.

Don't make me break out Royal Decree and Horus the Black Flame Dragon.

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Well, here it is. April 28th.

If the PMBR makes any kind of announcement, I will film myself making brownies, then smashing one into my face and upload it onto here for all to see.
Just wondering, was there anything special about today that I wasn't aware of?

MLGF

Smash Lord

Shameful.

I'm also in california.
Feelsgoodman.
You posted your opinion and put up a flameshield, implying you didn't want to argue.
I think plenty of your points are BS, but I'm not an ass who would start yelling at someone just making their opinion known.

And now you want people to respond and be mad, smooth. Makes it look like a solid troll.

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman

After reading this i think my body is ready for the release today.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
Then I will chug a bottle of hot sauce, strip naked, light my clothes on fire, and then dance "Kumbaya" around them in a circle.
Just so you know.... In the event the release goes exactly as predicted.....And you try to change your post.....

There's no going back

MLGF

Smash Lord
So my username is on the line.
And MarthMario's... sanity is on the line?

PMBR, do it.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'll humor you then. Saying a dead series is undeserving is literally the most contradicting thing you can say in the context of Smash. Captain Falcon, Star Fox and crew, Wario, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., Ness and Lucas are all characters in this game from slowly dying, if not dead, series. Pit and Little Mac were both from very dead series, but were in demand. Even if their situation is a bit reversed, the point still stands that they had a series revival and was brought into Smash. If that point of your argument really meant anything, these characters should all be removed. Veterans or not.
Yeah but you forgot one vital thing.

Those characters were good.

Try again.

I never said I don't support him. I'm just not going to be butthurt if he isn't in the game, because I don't have any attachment to the series. But I do have a quarrel with those who pose thoughtless arguments. You are starting to sound like TrojahPooh. Don't get full of your own opinion.
You see though, these are well formed arguments of why he is a bad character. I mean you brought up a counter-argument but it was bad nonetheless.

Comparing me to him is an insult, and I take heavy offense to that as well.

I don't really see anything edgy about Isaac or what would make him a detestable character. He is just another Silent Nintendo Protagonist. That is like saying Paper Mario is edgy. My point is relevant. Though at this point I know not to take a word you are saying seriously after saying Krystal deserves a spot more than Sukapon. As if you couldn't contradict your argument any worse, Star Fox is a pretty dead series. Not to mention Krystal is a very unfavorable choice. And that is before considering you just compared two dead series characters for the sake of your argument.
Oh, so now you're saying that my point of view about krystal deserving a spot isn't worth being taken seriously? A character from a series that is already represented in smash is far more deserving than some pink abomination fighter. (Not kirby tho, he's kool)

Besides, Star fox may be dead but he is also one of the most important series in Nintendo's history. Giving them another unique character is far better than Generic Issac.

Don't make me break out Royal Decree and Horus the Black Flame Dragon.
Seven Tools of the bandit.
Solemn warning.

You posted your opinion and put up a flameshield, implying you didn't want to argue.
I think plenty of your points are BS, but I'm not an *** who would start yelling at someone just making their opinion known.

And now you want people to respond and be mad, smooth. Makes it look like a solid troll.
>2014.
>Thinking I'm trolling.
>Not thinking this is all my honest opinions.

I can't even share my opinions without people thinking I'm trying to start up ****.
Accept the fact that the character choices I have are solid and the points I've pointed out against Issac are valid. Ridley isn't even on my thought bubble because Sakurai or the PMBR wouldn't be dumb enough to choose him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom