• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
It may only be a matter of time before another new person shows up that hasn't really read the thread, saying one (or both) of these things:
A) "sooo am i really the only one who wants vaati/banjokazooie/something? for some reason no one else is talking about him."
B) "man i cant believe anyone wants pichu/ridley/(x) kong in this game. no one really wants that, right?"

That's the kind of stuff that seems to get discussions going now.
Man. I don't understand why anybody wants Isaac. Maybe if somebody could convince me otherwise. -cough-

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Choosing where to eat must be really easy with you.

I envy your friendship.
Taco Bell - Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos and a Mountain Dew Baja Blast, but sadly not a Grilled Stuffed Nacho. It was taken off the menu.
Burger King - Rodeo Burger and Fries, they took my cheesy tots and green apple dipping sauce.
Dairy Queen - A smoothie. Flavor usually blue raspberry. Grape if I'm not feeling the mood.
Long John Silvers - Hush puppies and chicken.
Chipotle - 1 of each taco type, brown rice, any meat, mozzarella, and lettuce with a bag of tortilla chips on the side.
KFC - Boneless chicken and biscuits. I don't care how many.
Any Pizza Place - Standard pepperoni pizza, bacon if any extra toppings only and boneless BBQ / Spicy Asian wings.
Chinese - Just get me almost any form of chicken and white rice. Most preferred is General Tso's Chicken.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Taco Bell - Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos and a Mountain Dew Baja Blast, but sadly not a Grilled Stuffed Nacho. It was taken off the menu.
Burger King - Rodeo Burger and Fries, they took my cheesy tots and green apple dipping sauce.
Dairy Queen - A smoothie. Flavor usually blue raspberry. Grape if I'm not feeling the mood.
Chipotle - 1 of each taco type, brown rice, any meat, mozzarella, and lettuce with a bag of tortilla chips on the side.
Any Pizza Place - Standard pepperoni pizza, bacon if any extra toppings only and boneless BBQ / Spicy Asian wings.
Chinese - Just get me almost any form of chicken and white rice. Most preferred is General Tso's Chicken.
So apparently you exclusively eat fast food.

I too, envy your friendship.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So apparently you exclusively eat fast food.

I too, envy your friendship.
I believe you mean that you envy my friesnchip.

...But no. I eat just about anywhere if someone offers or vice-versa. Those are just places around my area (because it ain't America without that fast food hurhurhur). And it is not like I eat it every single day. I prefer home cooking anyways. I don't have to worry about someone else screwing up my order or the disgusting fat that comes in it.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.

Why are we not friends, again?

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I meant model animation lol
Oh. I've considered that, too, particularly in the more-likely-than-it-should-be chance that she doesn't get in. I'm really put off, though, by the fact that she'd have to be played alone, with no other Sukapon mains to discuss tech with and no other Smashers to apply tech on.
Also, the Kirby model is fairly difficult to work with, since her pieces are so far displaced from the bones.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
So, if they did the Black Shadow/Ganondorf thing, what kinda moveset would Ganondorf have instead? Anyone have a suggestion?

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman

I was literally typing this when you posted.
Maybe one of Ganondorf's magic moves could be like Leaf Shield from SM4SH? Ganondorf surrounds himself with orbiting fire bats that protect him from attacks, but he can launch them with a second press of the summon.

Also, do you think Ganondorf should have a Hover like Mewtwo? He can hover in OoT afterall.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
What sword should Ganondorf have? His sword from his Melee victory pose? or his sword from his brawl taunt?
Neither, he should use his Trident I think, which is his first iconic weapon, plus it will keep him a little more seperated from the normal sword users.

Also, with a Trident, Ganondorf would have two side B's, his normal side B would be tossing his Trident like a spinning boomerang, that twirls out and spins before returning to Ganondorf's grip. His second side B would be only usable if Ganondorf has thrown his trident, and that would be the same side B he has now, because it is awesome and would still be awesome to throw your trident and launch forward, grab your opponent by the neck, and slam him into the abyss!

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
You know what would be cool? If Ganondorf could have a stance-change system like Samus does.

Let's say he uses the Sages' sword like his Brawl model does. I don't see him using it in a lot of his attacks, just like Samus doesn't spout fire from her arm cannon in all of HER attacks. Nonetheless, when Ganondorf uses the sword it's very disjointed, covering a nice area around him. If you press down-taunt, then he'll examine the sword for a moment before using dark magic to turn it into the Trident of Power. Then, any moves that used the sword now use the trident instead and, since it's not a swinging weapon, it exchanges the sword attacks' disjoint for the trident stab attacks' reach, covering places far away from him instead.

Essentially, Ganondorf could switch between slashing with the sword, or stabbing with the trident. Range vs. Reach.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I also kinda like the idea of Ganondorf having a move that acts as a projectile reflect, except instead of bouncing it back, he bounces it straight up when he uses it on the ground, and spikes the projectile while in the air, him just batting a Shadowball or Aura Bomb into a new direction to mess with people.

Prince Longstrok

I also kinda like the idea of Ganondorf having a move that acts as a projectile reflect, except instead of bouncing it back, he bounces it straight up when he uses it on the ground, and spikes the projectile while in the air, him just batting a Shadowball or Aura Bomb into a new direction to mess with people.
That sounds very DBZ-ish.

But man it would look cool B)

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
All of these things sound cool, but I think that they might just be outside of the realm of possibility for the PMBR. I haven't ever seen a move that could redirect a projectile in a different path then which it came. The fire bat move sound extremely awesome, but turning it into a projectile sounds difficult. If someone could prove me wrong though I'd greatly appreciate it.

Prince Longstrok

All of these things sound cool, but I think that they might just be outside of the realm of possibility for the PMBR. I haven't ever seen a move that could redirect a projectile in a different path then which it came. The fire bat move sound extremely awesome, but turning it into a projectile sounds difficult. If someone could prove me wrong though I'd greatly appreciate it.
Powershields do it all the time!

Also, Wouldnt it be impossible to add articles?

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Projectiles can already be bounced upwards(and sometimes diagonally and sometimes stopped dead) when they hit shields at just the right moment/angle, so the ability should be there, it is more a matter if it can be programmed to be an actual move.

As for the fire bats, I guess it could depend on if they would fire out like a spread shot, like Water Shield from MM10 or Power Stone from MM6, or be aimed in a single direction, like Leaf Shield.

Edit: Greninja'd!

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Powershields do it all the time!

Also, Wouldnt it be impossible to add articles?
But Ganondorf would be a clone with the original being skinned to Black Shadow, right? So they could just clone him from someone with articles.

Or the projectiles could be disjointed hitboxes rather than true projectiles.
A Leaf Shield-like attack with the bats should be possible, since they somewhat replicated it for the Mega Man PSA. It just doesn't protect him like it should before launched or allow movement while it surrounds him, but I'm sure PMBR could figure those aspects out.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Maybe instead of launching the firebats, they could all just explode around Ganondorf, like Zelda's Din's Fire?

One Special would summon them, they protect Ganondorf, but disappear if they hit someone, are shielded against, or hit with a projectile. However Ganondorf can hit his special again to just make them all go boom!

Prince Longstrok

But Ganondorf would be a clone with the original being skinned to Black Shadow, right? So they could just clone him from someone with articles.

Or the projectiles could be disjointed hitboxes rather than true projectiles.

A Leaf Shield-like attack with the bats should be possible, since they somewhat replicated it for the Mega Man PSA. It just doesn't protect him like it should before launched or allow movement while it surrounds him, but I'm sure PMBR could figure those aspects out.
Thats pretty metal actual.

Originally he was a clone, but the people decided to give his cloned self to Black Shadow purely to make him his own thing- and they start it by cloning him off of someone else.

He isnt even a clone of HIMSELF.

Ganon must get depressed sometimes thinking he keeps getting based off of other people :c He prolly needs hugs.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Thats pretty metal actual.

Originally he was a clone, but the people decided to give his cloned self to Black Shadow purely to make him his own thing- and they start it by cloning him off of someone else.

He isnt even a clone of HIMSELF.

Ganon must get depressed sometimes thinking he keeps getting based off of other people :c He prolly needs hugs.
Yeah go ahead and hug the King of Evil -_-

NisforSmash

Smash Journeyman
The last guy that tried to hug ganondorf.... Well I'll just show you a picture of him now.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Another of Ganondorf's specials should be his iconic magic ball of light from Ocarina of Time. Basically, at first it's a circular hitbox he holds in his hand above his head. He doesn't charge it but he can't hold it forever like that either. When he throws it, it goes straight if he's on the ground, stunning whoever it hits for a brief second before the attack knocks them back a fixed distance. When he uses it in the air, it's aimed downwards toward the ground a la Ness' PK Fire.

The projectile part of it is decent, but the best part of the attack is actually the beginning. The way he holds the ball above his head could lead to great juggling possibilities and air combos. It could even be a good Out of Shield option when used right.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Honestly I'd rather just see Ganon have his ground pound from OoT. Replace Lock Punch with that.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Welp, tomorrow definitely most likely absolutely might be the date of the Project: M reveal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom