• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Guess we're dropping the spoilers at this point.

I swear I saw Greninja and thought it was Mewtwo, the two look so alike in the shadows all super close-up, I was all excited and then was all like "oh, ok, that's kinda cool." I don't dislike Greninja, he's cool, just want my SM4SH Mewtwo is all.
What spoilers? Lol it is right on the front page of Smash 4's website.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Even though I knew she wouldn't make it in to Smash 4, I'm still kind of glad Dark Samus was confirmed to be an Assist Trophy.

Now let's just hope that she would be added in. (at least I will, you don't have to)

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet
Unimaginable amounts of salt at the announcement of Greninja.
It's understandable! I have no idea why they would bring him in AND have Lucario return. I'm not complaining about Lucario's presence in Brawl, as he was current gen at the time. But lord help me, if Mewtwo wasn't a priority from Melee to Brawl, then certainly Lucario shouldn't have been one from Brawl to Sm4sh. We don't need so many Pokemon reps that aren't significant within the series.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
It's understandable! I have no idea why they would bring him in AND have Lucario return. I'm not complaining about Lucario's presence in Brawl, as he was current gen at the time. But lord help me, if Mewtwo wasn't a priority from Melee to Brawl, then certainly Lucario shouldn't have been one from Brawl to Sm4sh. We don't need so many Pokemon reps that aren't significant within the series.
I'm not even mad about Greninja and not having Mewtwo. I'm more bothered by the fact Sakurai hyped everyone up for a Pokemon announcement. I know there is a large majority of Pokemon fans, but not everyone is Pokemon fans. Where the hell is Ridley, Palutena, and the other Fire Emblem character? (And yes I'm aware of the Ridley tease. It doesn't really confirm anything.) Not to mention all the missing vets. I swear I heard Shin and Edge's hearts break at the end of the trailer when Ness and Lucas were both not present.

Last edited:

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet
I'm not even mad about Greninja and not having Mewtwo. I'm more bothered by the fact Sakurai hyped everyone up for a Pokemon announcement. I know there is a large majority of Pokemon fans, but not everyone is Pokemon fans. Where the hell is Ridley, Palutena, and the other Fire Emblem character? Not to mention all the missing vets. I swear I heard Shin and Edge's hearts break at the end of the trailer when Ness and Lucas were both not present.
They weren't the only ones. Some people (myself included) want additional Mother reps. Nintendo is seemingly dropping the ones that were already present. I'm relying on Project M to create a good roster. Characters need to be significant! Nintendo is dropping two protagonists (Lucas/Ness) and adding a random character (Greninja). Mewtwo, Pikachu, and the starter Pokemon had significance, but Lucario and Greninja are taking up Roster space that should be dedicated to better characters. Instead, Ridley is left as a mere stage gimmick. The worse Sm4sh's roster becomes, the more potential PM's gains.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
They weren't the only ones. Some people (myself included) want additional Mother reps. Nintendo is seemingly dropping the ones that were already present. I'm relying on Project M to create a good roster. Characters need to be significant! Nintendo is dropping two protagonists (Lucas/Ness) and adding a random character (Greninja). Mewtwo, Pikachu, and the starter Pokemon had significance, but Lucario and Greninja are taking up Roster space that should be dedicated to better characters. Instead, Ridley is left as a mere stage gimmick. The worse Sm4sh's roster becomes, the more potential PM's gains.
You are speculating like a mofo. Dude nothing was confirmed about these characters not appearing. It is just sad to have to wait and find out.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I know. I apologize. My mind starts to rage. I am of course, talking as the way things seem now.
Well look. If you ALL re-watch the Nintendo Direct, you see Ridley's shadow, they show off Dark Samus assist, and a Metroid trophy. A clear tease about Ridley, but not confirming him as a boss. Don't believe me? He tricked everyone into thinking he removed Zero Suit Samus, just for LOLZ. You see fake Palutena trophy AND Pit's final smash changed, Palutena tease right there. And there were several Fire Emblem teases with Tiki's trophy and Lyn's assist returning. What that tells me is that Sakurai is clearly hinting at SOMETHING with these particular franchises.

Oh, and dat Midna, Zelda Shiek separation, zelda items teasing may be a hint towards Ganondorf getting a huge revamp.

Last edited:

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Well look. If you ALL re-watch the Nintendo Direct, you see Ridley's shadow, they show off Dark Samus assist, and a Metroid trophy. A clear tease about Ridley, but not confirming him as a boss. Don't believe me? He tricked everyone into thinking he removed Zero Suit Samus, just for LOLZ. You see fake Palutena trophy AND Pit's final smash changed, Palutena tease right there. And there were several Fire Emblem teases with Tiki's trophy and Lyn's assist returning. What that tells me is that Sakurai is clearly hinting at SOMETHING with these particular franchises.
Either way, it isn't looking too good for Ridley, no matter how you look at it

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet
I gotcha. The Ridley one seemed truly convincing, but it wouldn't be a complete surprise if he wasn't a boss. I guess really I'm just disappointed about the lack of Mother representation.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm not even mad about Greninja and not having Mewtwo. I'm more bothered by the fact Sakurai hyped everyone up for a Pokemon announcement. I know there is a large majority of Pokemon fans, but not everyone is Pokemon fans. Where the hell is Ridley, Palutena, and the other Fire Emblem character? (And yes I'm aware of the Ridley tease. It doesn't really confirm anything.) Not to mention all the missing vets. I swear I heard Shin and Edge's hearts break at the end of the trailer when Ness and Lucas were both not present.
My heart didn't break. I'm still holding out.

I love Greninja. He's my favorite starter after Blaziken, and I'm glad he's actually in Sm4sh.

Remember that whiteboard Sakurai showed off with a bunch of characters? One of them was a Mr. Saturn, meaning Mother representation will absolutely not be cut.

I'm only worried about Lucas. He was a clone, and you know what happened to a lot of those in Brawl...

But regardless I'm still wishing for a playable Ridley, so I'd appreciate it very much if PMBR-sama started working on him.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

I love Greninja. He's my favorite starter after Blaziken, and I'm glad he's actually in Sm4sh.

Remember that whiteboard Sakurai showed off with a bunch of characters? One of them was a Mr. Saturn, meaning Mother representation will absolutely not be cut.

I'm only worried about Lucas. He was a clone, and you know what happened to a lot of those in Brawl...

But regardless I'm still wishing for a playable Ridley, so I'd appreciate it very much if PMBR-sama started working on him.
I never implied that it meant their removal. But it is painful to wait to see what veterans return when we have to wait this long. It makes the pain of knowing who gets cut out even worse.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Oh, Alright. I just hadn't seen anything about it in the OP.
It's in the thread title, but no worries.

Anyway here's a full list of characters who were deconfirmed in the direct that may be eligible for the clone engine:

Pong Paddles
Midna
Saki
Dark Samus
Samurai Goroh
Zoroark
Meloetta
Victini
Metagross
Devil
Knuckle Joe
Meowth
Pokémon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur(alluded)
Ridley(alluded)
Chandelure
Kremlings(sans K.Rool)
Lyn
Fennekin
Eevee
Arceus
Magikoopas (not Kamek himself, necessarily)
All other forms of Megaman
Elec Man

Edit: Tom Nook as well

Last edited:

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Everytime I see Knuckle Joe, I'm just like "Do want".
Then I realize no one else wants Knuckle Joe and I weep.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm scared that Squirtle is gone. But Sakurai said there were no more transforming characters.

MAYBE HE'LL GET BUBBLE IN SMASH 4 LULZ

(is actually just hiding panic stricken grief)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So you know my favorite part of that entire Nintendo Direct? Ray not being an assist trophy. -whistles-

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
WAAAAAIT
Zoroark was deconfirmed?
Yeah he was one of the many Pokémon in the Charizard / Greninja trailer. You probably missed him since a lot were shown at once near the beginning.

Also I added Tom Nook to the list above.

Last edited:

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet

I'd put money down on Mother's representation being limited. Not cut, like you said. But the series was received by a small audience. I'm still surprised that Lucas made it into Brawl.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I doubt Ness will be cut, at least. He's been there since the beginning, and let's not forget that Earthbound outsold freaking Donkey Kong while it was on sale for $0.30 vs Earthbound's $10 when it came out on VC.

Not to mention lack of playable Earthbound is 100% a deal-breaker for me and I will not buy the game without at least one of them back. My chances of buying it are 50% less if only one of the Mother Brothers return. I can't imagine they would just remove an entire series and risk alienating an entire portion of the fanbase.

Last edited:

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet
I doubt Ness will be cut, at least. He's been there since the beginning, and let's not forget that Earthbound outsold freaking Donkey Kong while it was on sale for $0.30 vs Earthbound's $10 when it came out on VC.

Not to mention lack of playable Earthbound is 100% a deal-breaker for me and I will not buy the game without at least one of them back. My chances of buying it are 50% less if only one of the Mother Brothers return. I can't imagine they would just remove an entire series and risk alienating an entire portion of the fanbase.
People used to say that the Golden Roster of Smash 64 would forever remain, but I still feel tears of fear rolling down my face as Ness and Jigglypuff continue to go without presentation. This being said, I agree that Ness I likely to make an appearance. I can't vouch for Lucas, considering unless you're Japanese or a diehard Mother fan who sought to play the Fan Translation, you probably don't know who he is. Mother is a huge part of Smash, as I use characters who have Psychic abilities. I also absolutely love the franchise and will be heart broken if either Ness or little boy Luke don't make an appearance.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I really hope Squirtle wasnmt among them.

If any of them deserves the axe, it's Ivysaur...but Greninja is dumping all over my hopes by being a water type

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I really hope Squirtle wasnmt among them.

If any of them deserves the axe, it's Ivysaur...but Greninja is dumping all over my hopes by being a water type
Inb4P:M2withlargedemandofsquirtleandivysaur.
My Pichu senses are tingling.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If we weren't already sure of Wario's return, Waluigi used his series icon during the AT reel.
So they ARE considering Waluigi as part of Wario's series. If he were playable, he wouldn't be a Mario rep after all. A-HA!

HA HA HA—WHAAAAAAAA

Also, I don't think Ridley is disconfirmed. His manner of presentation was intentionally vague—we saw his shadow. Everyone knows who that's supposed to be; even as a stage hazard, he was teased. If you haven't anything to hide, why tease something? Alfonso replaces Conductor Link when Toon Link is being played on Spirit Train. Meta-Ridley could replace Ridley when he's being played on Pyrosphere.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
People used to say that the Golden Roster of Smash 64 would forever remain, but I still feel tears of fear rolling down my face as Ness and Jigglypuff continue to go without presentation. This being said, I agree that Ness I likely to make an appearance. I can't vouch for Lucas, considering unless you're Japanese or a diehard Mother fan who sought to play the Fan Translation, you probably don't know who he is. Mother is a huge part of Smash, as I use characters who have Psychic abilities. I also absolutely love the franchise and will be heart broken if either Ness or little boy Luke don't make an appearance.
Like I said, my chances of buying Smash 4 goes down for each cut Mother character. Ness without Lucas would bring it down to 50%. Lucas without Ness? 25%. Without either, it's at 0%.

Which is saying something, considering it was Smash that even introduced me to them.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Sakeiwi specifically said Bosses will show up on stages, followed by Ridley shadow. He's trolling all you Ridley fans hard :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom