• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet
I just wanted to share this in case somebody hasn't seen it,

The thought of this model with its own unique moveset makes me want to adopt a small Asian child and raise him to become a well known Lion Tamer.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Ridley deconfirmed for Smash 4. Any other interpretation is people deluding themselves.

Alright PMBR. You're Ridley fans' last hope.

P.S. While it'll never happen I'd love it if Shiek's new moves were put into Project M. At least have Chain Whip replaced, it's useless.

But yeah I know it'll never happen.

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
lol he does look pretty deconfirmed....PMBR! Bring back Ridley! Make him as big as Giga Bowser xD With a great mod we should take great risks. Balance it, and make it work competitively!!!

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I swear that last reveal was a trolling to make the fans think Mewtwo was back, it's surprising how much who it ended up being looked like our good old Genetic Pokemon in an extreme closeup ...

It's Greninja. I was literally like "OMG MEWTWO OMG OMG ... oh its Greninja ... that's cool.

Also, anyone else notice a lack of Isaac? I mean they deconfirmed Lyn and Saki, but they didn't show Isaac AT ...

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, the Sm4sh strikes this topic again.
It's mere minutes after a major reveal, and we were all watching it to see if maybe there would any characters we wanted for PM that would be confirmed for SM4SH ... of course there wasn't any, but still.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Let's see. We know for sure that:

Lyn
Saki
Midna
Skull Kid

And lots of others I'm forgetting are disconfirmed as playable due to being assist trophies. Can someone help out?

Also Ridley's pretty much deconfirmed, even if he wasn't outright.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Has everyone forgotten that Dark Samus was an assist trophy too? Lol

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Still want Isaac.
As far as I'm concerned, Isaac has essentially no chance of becoming a playable character in Smash 4... but he better appear as an assist trophy. If Nintendo fails to acknowledge Golden Sun in Smash I am going to beyond pissed-off.

Also, is it kinda bad that I want Isaac more for P:M than Smash 4?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Nope, I have the same feelings.
Sm4sh looks like a balance between Melee and Brawl.

But I still don't see the reason balance was ever needed, so eh.

If you can customize it so you get Melee air-dodges though...

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
As far as I'm concerned, Isaac has essentially no chance of becoming a playable character in Smash 4... but he better appear as an assist trophy. If Nintendo fails to acknowledge Golden Sun in Smash I am going to beyond pissed-off.

Also, is it kinda bad that I want Isaac more for P:M than Smash 4?
There is nothing bad at all about wanting a character in P:M more than Smash 4. Especially when that character is Ridley. Even if I don't care about him, I want him to finally get confirmed in one form or another so he can stop being a centerpiece of Smash conversations.

MLGF

Smash Lord
So seeing as how Ridley and Lyn are deconfirmed...
Safe journey's PM!

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I actually wouldn't mind customization in tournament

Totally off topic tho
CANT WAIT FOR DAT LYN
I still don't really have a vote in for Lyn, again FE already has 3 characters, still would prefer Isaac or Sami first.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Off topic indulgence:

If people aren't happy with character balance, customizing movesets to standardize a competitive consensus is a very real possibility.

However, I doubt this will be necessary as the 'For Glory' mode confirmed Smash 4 is taking 1v1 no items into account in their game design.

All in all, Smash 4 will be good, Ridley fans should keep their fingers crossed, and I can smile at Lyn's AT status in Sm4sh.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Can I just say that final destination mode is the dumbest stereotype ever?
I get he's trying, but damn.

PM's stage selection is pretty solid too.

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet
I'm very glad that Lyn is available for PM now. Smash 4's roster continues to disappoint. Wii Fit Trainer is in full swing and there's seemingly no sign of the Earthbound kids. I worry that due to the franchise's lack of support and new installments they won't make it.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'm very glad that Lyn is available for PM now. Smash 4's roster continues to disappoint. Wii Fit Trainer is in full swing and there's seemingly no sign of the Earthbound kids. I worry that due to the franchise's lack of support and new installments they won't make it.
Unimaginable amounts of salt at the announcement of Greninja.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Says the person who wants 8 Pokemon.
Fair enough, but for series that already have multiple reps is becomes a personal preference thing, you like Fire Emblem so you want Lyn, I like Pokemon so I wouldn't be opposed to a new Pokemon rep.

However the point I wanted to make is before either of those two, I'd like a rep or two from an under-repped or un-repped series first. And personally, my first choice is still Isaac!

Unimaginable amounts of salt at the announcement of Greninja.
Guess we're dropping the spoilers at this point.

I swear I saw Greninja and thought it was Mewtwo, the two look so alike in the shadows all super close-up, I was all excited and then was all like "oh, ok, that's kinda cool." I don't dislike Greninja, he's cool, just want my SM4SH Mewtwo is all.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Fair enough, but for series that already have multiple reps is becomes a personal preference thing, you like Fire Emblem so you want Lyn, I like Pokemon so I wouldn't be opposed to a new Pokemon rep.

However the point I wanted to make is before either of those two, I'd like a rep or two from an under-repped or un-repped series first. And personally, my first choice is still Isaac!
Oh, of course. I was just saying that you shouldn't really speak in favor of one over-saturation for another. I'm sure a majority would rather see new characters before announcing a rep for a series that already has fair character selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom