• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet
Has anybody considered another WarioWare rep? What about Kat and Ana with an Ice-Climber like moveset? They are in Brawl as an assist trophy.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Edit: Well to rectify this-

I think the best choice for a Wario Ware char. would be Jimmy T. i mean, his moves could involve dancing, but i'm just fine with Wario and no one else.

Last edited:

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet
What would their moveset be like?
Honestly, I have no idea. I was just thinking about franchises with few reps. If I think of anything, then I'll post it. But I'm currently watching the boards in one tab and scouring Brawl Vault for some good textures on the other.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I have no idea. I was just thinking about franchises with few reps. If I think of anything, then I'll post it. But I'm currently watching the boards in one tab and scouring Brawl Vault for some good textures on the other.
It's ok, take your time.

Speaking of movesets, I wonder if anybody remembers that I said I would make one for Dark Samus. I'm so lazy.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
It's ok, take your time.
Speaking of movesets, I wonder if anybody remembers that I said I would make one for Dark Samus. I'm so lazy.
Yes i remember, and in waiting for it
@ CardiganBoy CardiganBoy I just saw that whole thing with your edits go down...

Nah it was supposed to be in another thread, and my mistake is what happens when you don't sleep enough i guess.
But enough talk, this is for the clone engine, so forget it. :smash:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Some Characters i think should be added, for now:
- Pichu (Pikachu Clone(obviously)). Pichu could be reworked in a awesome way and still maintain the self damaging system.
- Slippy (Fox Clone). He was presented in the april fools video, and it seems it will be a thing since it had some unique animations, and i believe some other unique features could be added for its moveset.
- Dark Samus (Olima.. i mean!! Samus Clone o.o). She could be a lighter more floaty faster but weaker version of Samus, also have some unique attacks
If we really want a joke character that's a Pokemon, forget Pichu and let's consider Riolu. He can be like the Dan Hibiki of Project M, what with having a strong aura but no control over it, I could imagine a sort of short-ranged Aura Sphere that would barely clear Riolu before exploding, like he lost control over it, it would be so short-range it could even be considered a melee attack, but could be used for some powerful combos.

Plus since we'd be dealing with a "Baby Pokemon" you could give Riolu some awesome and funky bred moves, like maybe instead of Extremespeed we can give him Vaccuum Wave, which could be a sort of clumsy Up Special with weird vacuum properties. Maybe Blaze Kick or Bone Rush as his side special? And Detect as his Down Special, which would be like Double Team but with a sweet spot that causes massive knockback if used just right or something? That or Reversal, where Riolu still takes damage but the attacker takes ever more damage, sending both players flying!

Plus it makes more sense to have a "joke fighting game character" based off the baby version of Lucario, who in PM is already based of Ryu and Ken. And it would be an interesting way to avoid the stigma of Pichu.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That was the point
I was trying to point out how you can spin it in Tails's favor as well
Implying that Tails should be the only choice, because he is iconic.

And being the most rotten improves your chances? From an argumentative standpoint I don't see what you were trying to do here.
Being forced to pick what people say is the "only" option is just stupid, and I'd rather not have a single Sonic character if that is the case. That is like telling Shin he is forced to pick Masked Man over Ninten, because he is the winning choice. THAT is my point.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Implying that Tails should be the only choice, because he is iconic.

Being forced to pick what people say is the "only" option is just stupid, and I'd rather not have a single Sonic character if that is the case. That is like telling Shin he is forced to pick Masked Man over Ninten, because he is the winning choice. THAT is my point.
I wasn't forcing anything tho.
I don't know what you're saying here
Being forced to pick what people say is the "only" option is just stupid, and I'd rather not have a single Sonic character if that is the case.
Right now it sounds like you're saying you'd rather have nothing than the popular choice just because it's popular. I get the "just stupid" part, but when you boil it down, sure, when people say that it comes off douchey, but they still would prefer X character over Y, and that still counts for something.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
You mean the stigma of having an eighth Pokemon rep, with the Clone Engine being used for two of them? 'Cause that's a stigma attached instantly to any Pokemon candidate.
Well people keep clamoring for Pichu, and to be frank, I don't really want him. But if people's argument is they want a sort of joke fighter character, I'm just providing an alternative, plus it would be easier IMO to make a Pokemon fighter from scratch, like Riolu, than to be trying to revamp Pichu, changing his moves, but still making him similar to his Melee incarnation. Besides the exploding Aura Sphere idea, as a nod to the great Dan Hibiki himself, Riolu has so many moves that can be used for his specials, attacks, and throws, like Dual Chop, Ice Punch, Circle Throw, Reversal, Hi Jump Kick, Vacuum Wave, Blaze Kick, etc. etc. etc.

It's just an idea, and yeah really unlikely, but I think it would be interesting. Plus I can already see Riolu's taunts being copies of Lucario's taunts, except with poor little Riolu stumbling or tripping over trying to emulate them.

*Riolu chirps as he lifts himself up in the air focusing his aura ... before he drops to the floor and trips over himself, d'aww!*

Zenrot

Smash Rookie
"I can confirm 3 characters who are selectable in game and some functions of them. Believe it or don't, either way you'll see the truth when they get released.
Knuckles (Sonic Series)

• Slower than Sonic

• Up-B is a spring, but it is a yellow spring unlike Sonic's red spring. It does not bounce him as high as Sonic's, but he can still act out of it.

• F-Smash is an armored turn-punch with good damage and knockback.

• He can glide like Pit, but only straight. He cannot turn up or down.

• He can climb walls.

• His d-smash is a burrowing move from Sonic Adventure. He comes out of the hole in a ball and can be moved side to side to attack. I assume he is invincible while in the ground.

• Neutral B is his ground-slam from Sonic Heroes.

• Dash attack is just Sonic's
Lyn (Fire Emblem 7)

• Long range, high recovery moves

• Up-B is a spinning teleport that looks to be taken directly from Zelda.

• F-Smash is a drawing-slash that she hops forward to do. Long range long recovery.

• Foward-B is a command dash like Lucario's. It's very slow, but she can slash out of it by pushing B as she passes an opponent. It can also be used to aid recovery.

• Neutral B is a bow that cannot be charged but can be aimed. Can shoot forward, up forward if pushing up after pulling the arrow, backflips and fires down-forward if pushing back after pulling the arrow. Can be fired in the air, fires down forward.

• Jab is a two-hit slash that can be looped like Marth or Roy's jabs.

• Dash attack is Snake's roll. Probably will get changed.
Isaac (Golden Sun Series)

• Same model as assist trophy with an added sword.

• No information on his moves, selecting him causes the game to glitch since he's not finished."
I just put it in quotes because I don't forum well.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master

• No information on his moves, selecting him causes the game to glitch since he's not finished."
Unless the model is a placeholder, this confirms it as fake. PMBR are making original models for their characters, and Isaac's AT model isn't high-quality enough.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman

Except for the fact PM has said specifically they will not be using Assist Trophy models because they don't look as high quality as fighter character models?

See previous:

Edit: Ninja'd by Shin!

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
"I can confirm 3 characters who are selectable in game and some functions of them. Believe it or don't, either way you'll see the truth when they get released.
Knuckles (Sonic Series)

• Slower than Sonic

• Up-B is a spring, but it is a yellow spring unlike Sonic's red spring. It does not bounce him as high as Sonic's, but he can still act out of it.

• F-Smash is an armored turn-punch with good damage and knockback.

• He can glide like Pit, but only straight. He cannot turn up or down.

• He can climb walls.

• His d-smash is a burrowing move from Sonic Adventure. He comes out of the hole in a ball and can be moved side to side to attack. I assume he is invincible while in the ground.

• Neutral B is his ground-slam from Sonic Heroes.

• Dash attack is just Sonic's
Lyn (Fire Emblem 7)

• Long range, high recovery moves

• Up-B is a spinning teleport that looks to be taken directly from Zelda.

• F-Smash is a drawing-slash that she hops forward to do. Long range long recovery.

• Foward-B is a command dash like Lucario's. It's very slow, but she can slash out of it by pushing B as she passes an opponent. It can also be used to aid recovery.

• Neutral B is a bow that cannot be charged but can be aimed. Can shoot forward, up forward if pushing up after pulling the arrow, backflips and fires down-forward if pushing back after pulling the arrow. Can be fired in the air, fires down forward.

• Jab is a two-hit slash that can be looped like Marth or Roy's jabs.

• Dash attack is Snake's roll. Probably will get changed.

I just put it in quotes because I don't forum well.
Why is it that a lot of leaks for Project M have Knuckles?

Also I'm taking this with a shaker full of many grains of salt.

Shin F.

Smash Master

Before the Clone Engine was perfected, there was a leaked (functioning, but glitchy) version with three pre-installed characters. These characters were Roy, Mewtwo.... and Knuckles.
Except for the fact PM has said specifically they will not be using Assist Trophy models because they don't look as high quality as fighter character models?

See previous:

Edit: Ninja'd by Shin!
Used same image twice in the same page of the same thread, -10 points. :p

Last edited:

Zenrot

Smash Rookie
Take the whole thing with a massive salt shaker as with all leaks, but at the same time don't dismiss it over Isaac's model. The guy said a lot of the three characters have placeholders including: Knuckles voice (uses all of Sonic's lines currently), Lyn's win animations (seems to use Pit's win poses), and probably Isaac's model is as well, especially since he says selecting him makes the game go ape****.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman

I agree, especially since out of all Sonic characters, I would think Knuckles is the least likely compared to Tails and Shadow, as Sonic's sidekick and nemesis. Not that I don't like Knuckles ... also I hope if it is true that that Up Special is a placeholder, cause I'm sure there are better options than a copymove of Sonic's.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Before the Clone Engine was perfected, there was a leaked (functioning, but glitchy) version with three pre-installed characters. These characters were Roy, Mewtwo.... and Knuckles.

Used same image twice in the same page of the same thread, -10 points. :p
I remember that, that's why I brought it up. It's the third time..... :confused:

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Okay, lets try to clear something up.
People make mistakes when giving out information on the internet
He may not have meant the same model. He most likely meant the same design as the model.
One miscommunication doesn't deconfirm a leak.

Zenrot

Smash Rookie
By the way, he's stopped replying to me and has apparently abandoned the anonymous leak account, but if anyone has a reddit account and wants to try to contact the guy I can message you his profile page, don't know how this forum feels about public links to other websites.

Bleck

Smash Master
This leak is SO BELIEVABLE can you even believe how TOTALLY PLAUSIBLE it seems when things are leaked this way!

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
This leak is SO BELIEVABLE can you even believe how TOTALLY PLAUSIBLE it seems when things are leaked this way!
I found a link to the leak!

Zenrot

Smash Rookie
Nobody is asking you to believe it, I'm just saying the information is there.

All leaks seems fishy until they're right. This one might be wrong, but it might not.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, I've talked crap about Pichu and the Pokemon franchise having 7 representatives already, but I will be entirely honest, after my little suggestion of Riolu as a Dan Hibiki-nod to counter Lucaryu, I do honestly think I'd not have any qualms with another Pokemon taking another spot in the roster, even if it meant having 8 'mons in the game. Although I am still not overly enthused about Pichu as that 8th, I love how most Pokemon have so many moves that it almost becomes a trivia of what moves and attacks are based on what. It was so much fun seeing PM Charizard for the first time and going "That's Fire Fang! Oh hey Seismic Toss!" and trying to pick out every move they used.

I almost kinda wish they'd revamp Pikachu a bit more, and swap out some of his moves for ones based on moves he can actually learn. Like maybe having a meteor smash based on Iron Tail? Or his hold attack being Doubleslap? Or one of his holds being Thunderpunch?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom