• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

red9rd

Smash Ace
How does he fight in the game? I've neither played nor watched it yet, so I don't know much besides he has a cool sword, a gun arm, and can shoot lightning.
It's been a while but from What I remember He has all of Lucas moves plus more, an arm Cannon, Demon wings, a bad ass sword, and a cyborg body

Celestis

Smash Ace
I do not think he was really a Cyborg.. But this is not the thread for that topic x]. But yeah, that's pretty much it there. Hes like Zero meets Ness/Lucas.

red9rd

Smash Ace
I do not think he was really a Cyborg.. But this is not the thread for that topic x]. But yeah, that's pretty much it there. Hes like Zero meets Ness/Lucas.
Isn't the character speculation and discussion thread best place for this.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Masked Man seems really awesome.
I don't think there are many people out there that would have any real distaste for an additional Earthbound/Mother character.
On top of that, the idea of a character with PSI powers, a blaster, wings, and a sword is just dope.
I could see the PK Starstorm star thingies being modified to be what he fires from his blaster. He also has a lot of PK moves to choose from between Ness and Lucas, and all of those could possibly be modified to be something completely different as well.
This guy actually has a lot going for him, aside from a lack of popularity and the huge workload I suppose.
If he gets a voting option, I'd like to shift one of my 5 votes (probably Sukapon's or Isaac's) to Masked Man.

Celestis

Smash Ace
A problem I see is that he has no voice.. That would lead the team to have to do voice acting, and I am not sure if an unofficial voice is something that is passable.

red9rd

Smash Ace
A problem I see is that he has no voice.. That would lead the team to have to do voice acting, and I am not sure if an unofficial voice is something that is passable.
He doesn't need a voice at most we could give him some grunts.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
They can just modify some of Lucas's voice clips, since they're twins.

B.W.

Smash Champion
He's a twin. Maybe some slightly different pitched Lucas voices could be put on him.
Damn you Hero_42

I won't deny Masked Man being a potentially cool character if his sword, cannon and wings were a big part of his moveset.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
I saw all this talk about Claus and just had to join in.

Here's what I think helps his case:
-Easy model to build. Flip Lucas's hair and add accesories. Should be much easier than a brand new character
-The Masked Man is virtually silent until the very end of the game. He's supposed to be eerily silent, so no harm in mostly copying Lucas's voice and then maybe even simplifying it to the sounds of just the attacks in most cases.
-Easy to copy from Lucas, but plenty of original attacks to use. Shield killer, lightning, jetpack, sword, etc.
-Lucas is pretty well-designed and a good base
-Non-protagonist Mother rep

Here's what I think hurts his case:
-Easily could be an alternate costume for Lucas
-Third clone-like mother character

Also, I'm fairly sure Claus is some sort of cyborg. In game he's specifically stated to not have a "heart," and the arm cannon might even be fused to him, since he never removes it.

red9rd

Smash Ace
I saw all this talk about Claus and just had to join in.

Here's what I think helps his case:
-Easy model to build. Flip Lucas's hair and add accesories. Should be much easier than a brand new character
-The Masked Man is virtually silent until the very end of the game. He's supposed to be eerily silent, so no harm in mostly copying Lucas's voice and then maybe even simplifying it to the sounds of just the attacks in most cases.
-Easy to copy from Lucas, but plenty of original attacks to use. Shield killer, lightning, jetpack, sword, etc.
-Lucas is pretty well-designed and a good base
-Non-protagonist Mother rep

Here's what I think hurts his case:
-Easily could be an alternate costume for Lucas
-Third clone-like mother character

Also, I'm fairly sure Claus is some sort of cyborg. In game he's specifically stated to not have a "heart," and the arm cannon might even be fused to him, since he never removes it.
It would be easy to make him Nonclone character while using assets from all sorts of characters.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I want to give you all something to consider:

While I played Mother 3 and consider it one of my absolute favorite games of all time, I still hate the amount of spoilers of it in vBrawl. LOTS of other Mother/EarthBound fans do as well, whether they're casual or hardcore, they can say that such a giant amount of spoilers casually slung around a popular fighting game as if it didn't matter was pretty insensitive to say the least.

So, as for the Masked Man, his appearance would be like adding another spoiler to me. Do we really want to add another one?

I would actually be pretty excited for him...if Mother 3 had been legally released worldwide earlier. He wouldn't be a spoiler to the general gaming populace if, say, Mother 3 was released like 4 or 5 years before his official Smash appearance. So then we wouldn't have a problem.

In short, as fun as the Masked Man would be, he'd be another Mother 3 spoiler to add to the already obscene amount present. I hope this isn't too unreasonable an argument as to why he should be kept out...if you think it is, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The thing is, at this point, the game has been out for seven years, so I don't think that should really matter by now...

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I want to give you all something to consider:

While I played Mother 3 and consider it one of my absolute favorite games of all time, I still hate the amount of spoilers of it in vBrawl. LOTS of other Mother/EarthBound fans do as well, whether they're casual or hardcore, they can say that such a giant amount of spoilers casually slung around a popular fighting game as if it didn't matter was pretty insensitive to say the least.

So, as for the Masked Man, his appearance would be like adding another spoiler to me. Do we really want to add another one?

I would actually be pretty excited for him...if Mother 3 had been legally released worldwide earlier. He wouldn't be a spoiler to the general gaming populace if, say, Mother 3 was released like 4 or 5 years before his official Smash appearance. So then we wouldn't have a problem.

In short, as fun as the Masked Man would be, he'd be another Mother 3 spoiler to add to the already obscene amount present. I hope this isn't too unreasonable an argument as to why he should be kept out...if you think it is, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Ima have to agree with Hero on this one. If a game has been out for 3 - 5+ years, I think spoilers are a non-issue. I understand where you're coming from though, especially because Mother 3 is one of your all time favs.

red9rd

Smash Ace
Not only that, How the hell did you not know who the Masked Man was after hearing about/seeing him for the first time. I don't think they were actually trying to hide who he was.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
It would be easy to make him Nonclone character while using assets from all sorts of characters.
Yeah, I realize that, I hope I didn't imply otherwise. I disagree that he'd take the bat wings from MK, though, because they're never used for flying, just to stabilize him while using the jetpack. I'd love to have a glide, though. Or a non-suicidal recovery. That would be pretty cool. If it were up to me he'd keep Lucas's double jump, though. Maybe he could be given higher gravity for a different physical feel (I believe Lucas already falls pretty fast, though)

Honestly, if Claus were added, he would be my main, no contest. There's a just a lot to take from Lucas that you don't have an excuse not to take. You'd pretty much be obligated to take USmash, (PK Love) and maybe DSmash. PSI magnet seems like a really useful and interesting tool, so I don't think it would be a good idea to ignore that as a possibility. What I was thinking was Claus could have an offensive version, the shield killer, which might deal extra damage and/or shield damage, but without projectile absorption, and maybe less pronounced or different movement effects. Just a random thought.
I'd prefer his sword style not be a direct rip from MK, though. Sword arcs, sure, but not the same weak barrage. Electric sword effects would certainly give Roy a run for his money, in my eyes.

I don't have anything to add on the subject of spoilers, but I doubt it will be an issue.

Celestis

Smash Ace
I would not even think spoilers would be a consideration in this. I do not see the Spoilers in Brawl to be a big deal only cause people who do not know who Lucas is will just place everything from there as a Smash brothers excursive.. Um, thing? Lack of a better word.
I do not think the Masked man just being there will give anything away. That's like if someone has never played a Zelda game before. Is Ganon being there really spoiling anything? Just as long as Claus leaves his Mask on =3

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Hell, I knew who the Masked Man really was before Brawl even launched, and I know basically nothing about the Mother series even now. If you managed to avoid spoilers about Lucas and Claus for this long, I'm legitimately impressed.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Ima have to agree with Hero on this one. If a game has been out for 3 - 5+ years, I think spoilers are a non-issue. I understand where you're coming from though, especially because Mother 3 is one of your all time favs.
Yeah but it hasn't been out worldwide in different languages, at least officially. I can see what you and Hero are trying to say though, but have either of you actually played the game all the way through, with as little spoilers as possible? Mother 3 is INCREDIBLE this way, which is why I'm acting this way.

BTW yeah I figured out who the Masked Man actually was and it is sort of obvious. However, the game never actually tells you directly who he is until the absolute latest part of the game, and (this is important) the game never actually gives any PROOF regarding his identity. So, up until then, it's perfectly reasonable to doubt yourself like I started to despite having "put the pieces together" so to speak. After all, the Masked Man does some extremely terrible things that his true identity would never do.

I guess if he got in, I'd be on board if the Masked Man's name was never mentioned. Also, he should be totally silent like Power Suit Samus, so no voice clips from you know who. In the game he only ever says "..." after all, until the very end. If he's getting in he should be as mysterious and spoiler-free as possible.

Would this last thing be asking too much? Cuz if not I'd like to share a complete moveset for him, as I said he'd be cool as a character.

Celestis

Smash Ace
Well uh.. I am the only one among my friends that Knows who he is. You must have just had that information spoiled some how.

I played the game and it was fantastic. But like I said. Masked man being in the game will spoil nothing.

Celestis

Smash Ace
Also, you said it has not been out in other languages yet. Well as far as I know, P:M is only out in English and Japanese. And Mother 3 has the Fan dub. I do not think P:M Having Masked man will affect anyone in other countries unless they are importers, ya know?

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I'd love to have a glide, though. Or a non-suicidal recovery. That would be pretty cool. If it were up to me he'd keep Lucas's double jump, though. Maybe he could be given higher gravity for a different physical feel (I believe Lucas already falls pretty fast, though)
Considering the tools Masked Man could potentially have at his disposal (DJC, A legit non-situational projectile, good range with his sword, spacie caliber speed), I think giving him a glide/hover would be a little too much (especially if he were to have hover cancel along with that). As a bit of a nerf for all of his overall potential, I'd suggest giving him a jetpack UpB, similar to ROB's UpB in vBrawl. He'll get considerable distance from it, but it'd be oh so punishable. He should also definitely be one of the lightest characters.

PSI magnet seems like a really useful and interesting tool, so I don't think it would be a good idea to ignore that as a possibility. What I was thinking was Claus could have an offensive version, the shield killer, which might deal extra damage and/or shield damage, but without projectile absorption, and maybe less pronounced or different movement effects
This is actually a really good idea. I could picture the attack lasting for a few frames and operating similarly to Marth's Shield Breaker. If this was going to be a thing, the ability to jump cancel out of it like Ness and Lucas is definitely too crazy.
Electric sword effects would certainly give Roy a run for his money, in my eyes.
If Masked Man is added, this is a requirement.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
From here on out "Esque" shall be used to refer to "Similar to the character referenced's move" "X" shall refer to "no ideas"

I assume you just mean the B moves.

Vine whip would of been able to work....If Leafs could learn it.
For Up B as a replacement I would suggest using wolf's Up B as a base for "Aerial Ace"

Side B could stay razor leaf but I have a better idea for what to do with razor leaf. I'd turn Side B into something Marth/Roy Esque since Leafeon specializes in Blade attacks Via Leaf blade.

Down B would have to be something unique. Perhaps a short range (Like 1 character model short) razor leaf shot from both sides. Not sure how that would work in the air

Neutral B could remain as synthesis ---> Solarbeam or be changed into Energy ball. Leafeon wouldn't be getting charges from attacks though so I would rather change Synthesis to charge faster while weakening solar beams power and making it shoot straight forwards instead of a 45* angle.

The other things I have to mention.
Forward smash should be Link Esque, slashing twice, once with the blade on it's head and another with the blade on it's tail.

Neutral air would be Meta knight Esque.

This character could literally be built off of other characters :smirk:
Fair ---> Link
Bair --->Lucas. Tail would be slashing instead of kicking. No spike. Bucking could also be used but that's more of a horse's trait
Uair ----> X.
Dair ---> Considering Marth Esque but not sure.

Ftilt ---> Quick slash with Leaf blade from the head. Probably Marth Esque
Utilt ---> X
Dtilt ---> Falco Esque. Not as much launch power.
Jab ---> Two slashes with Headblade, third would be with the tail blade

Fsmash ----> as referenced above, Link Esque
Usmash ----> Backflip tail slash.
Dsmash ---> Spinning slash. Probably Squirtle Esque, but sends enemies horizontally.

...That's all I got.

Yeah! When you describe it like this, I can really see her in action. I especially love the idea of her tail and ears being used as blades throughout the moveset. : D

For Uair and Dair, I think Marth's sweeping Uair and Dair would actually work really well. Her nair could be that spinning attack that Sonic/Falco used to have - I don't think anyone has it now, so it wouldn't feel repetitive, and it'd fit well with the whole theme of the leaves cutting people up.

How do you think she'd throw? Sticking people with her tail and then tossing them away? Or is that a little too violent? XD

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I'm giving a 1/2 vote to Masked man just so long as he remains silent, mysterious and spoiler free like EdgeTheLucas said (actually to be honest, I'll give him the 1/2 vote either way)

Celestis

Smash Ace
I want to put a full vote on Masked Man!
I'm also agreeing with the Silence. He was mostly silent in the game as it was, so it fits.

red9rd

Smash Ace
Yeah but it hasn't been out worldwide in different languages, at least officially. I can see what you and Hero are trying to say though, but have either of you actually played the game all the way through, with as little spoilers as possible? Mother 3 is INCREDIBLE this way, which is why I'm acting this way.

BTW yeah I figured out who the Masked Man actually was and it is sort of obvious. However, the game never actually tells you directly who he is until the absolute latest part of the game, and (this is important) the game never actually gives any PROOF regarding his identity. So, up until then, it's perfectly reasonable to doubt yourself like I started to despite having "put the pieces together" so to speak. After all, the Masked Man does some extremely terrible things that his true identity would never do.

I guess if he got in, I'd be on board if the Masked Man's name was never mentioned. Also, he should be totally silent like Power Suit Samus, so no voice clips from you know who. In the game he only ever says "..." after all, until the very end. If he's getting in he should be as mysterious and spoiler-free as possible.

Would this last thing be asking too much? Cuz if not I'd like to share a complete moveset for him, as I said he'd be cool as a character.
I played the game the all the way through and it was very very good, but also very predictable except the ending did not predict that at all.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Yay, people at least agreed on the last thing I said!

I don't believe I maxed out my half votes (did I, Anti Guy?), so I'd like to add another half vote for silent, mysterious, spoiler-free Masked Man.

It's getting late so I'll post my own version of a Masked Man moveset tomorrow after 3:00 or 4:00, whenever I get home from school.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
MM would be amazing. Honestly, anyone from Mother would be so cool, but I'm really loving the things you guys are talking about for MM.

red9rd

Smash Ace
Found this bros thread about the Masked Man. its the last spoiler. I'm to lazy to go through the whole thing to delete the first four empty spoilers.

Introduction:
I'm gonna get stronger. ...I'm gonna get so strong even Dragos won't stand a chance against me! Dad... I..."
— Claus
This is the main topic for discussing the character potential of Claus, one of the main antagonists from the game "MOTHER 3" for the Game Boy Advance. I'll update as I think up more information or people post something good.​
Claus (クラウス Kurausu) is a major character from Mother 3. He is a boy from Tazmily Village, and the older twin brother of Lucas. Claus looks very similar to Lucas other than the different colors of his clothing and hair, though he is energetic and far more courageous than Lucas.​
There are spoilers in this thread, but the game has been long enough to have them out, so hopefully I don't do too bad of a job here.​
Pig Mask Army Members (Supporters; just ask to be on here - Also pick a Pig-Mask between the ones still available: Pigmask Trooper, Navy Squeal, Pigmask captain, Pigmask Major - Once all those are taken, go for a color or other rank!)​
-TheThirdKoopa (Leader/The Masked Man himself)
-FireEmblemnier (Pig Mask Colonel)
Claus (The Masked Man)
Original Claus Thread (Check these old threads out!)
Claus for SSBB Thread
Deku Boy's Claus support essay
EARTHBOUND WIKI - CLAUS​
Fanart:
(My personal favorite is in the first Collapse)

Arguments and Counter-Arguments (Plus a bit of reasoning)
(Points for him to be in) 1. Why Masked Man?
Not only did he receive a few emails but back on NSider he was actually a very liked character along with his brother, Lucas. To add to that, he's literally one of the characters with the most moves out of all Nintendo characters. This is literally not a joke. There's so many moves you can pull from him and you would still have enough to give him three-four movesets.
2. He's a popular pick, and the most popular for the Mother series.
I will admit his popularity has declined, but to this day, he's still the most wanted Mother rep. He also did receive high on polls and he would be well-liked among fans.
3. Asides from the protagonists and Giygas, he's the most important character, and second most in Mother 3
Despite him not being in your party, he really holds to a very high extent of trashing most of the plans made by your party and doing many things in addition to that. Really, play the game yourself and see.
4. The Mother Series has been denied it's Mother 3 representation since Smash 64, and we already have most of the game fit into place
Probably the weakest argument to support his inclusion, but hey, it's been quite some time. we already literally have Porky as a boss, Jeff as an assist, New Pork City as a stage, and all of the protagonists as characters.
5. He would complete his franchise
Though, I will admit just having Lucas/Ness with the Claus/Ninten costumes is fine. Zing.
(Arguements) 1. The next rep should be Ninten! He follows into the series!
So okay, there's the whole "Each protagonist must be represented!" but this really hardly proves true for the Mother series. For starters, if you haven't, just google up "Ninten" - It's even shown in the sticker designs and other designs that he's hardly thought up of as a different character. What makes this argument even worse is that Lucas was one of the very few characters intended to be in every Smash... and over Ness. Say if he were in Smash 64, then it really does come down to a lot of questions (Though based on Art of Mother 3 on N64, I think I'm kind-of more glad it's on the GBA...)
It's really a null argument since even the creators don't think highly much of Ninten. Though, I will say Mother 1 should still be represented by a bit more music such as Mt. Itoi and Paradise Line and a stage (Mt. Itoi and Paradise Line?) - Sometimes it's better to support Mother 1 through... other methods to tract interest.
This is more about why Ninten doesn't really feel than why Masked Man does. I could go on, but let's look at some other stuff. Really, the google search should say enough for you, and if it doesn't, I don't mind adding in more.
2. It'd be Porky! He appeared Twice!
...And he seems to be better suited as a boss anyways. Not only is the guy not all that interesting, but in Mother 2 he hardly holds much significance until the very end. In Mother 3, while he does drive the plot, he does kind-of sit there as well as discussed by Golden and I in the thread. Porky's better fitting is just staying as a boss, and reoccurring really doesn't matter for a series like this, or frankly, for most franchises. It's not the appearences that counts - It's the impact it can make. Plus, if we were even to see Porky playable, where would Masked Man go? It's much more viable to keep Porky as a boss and to make Masked Man playable. That way, we achieve the best for reaching out Mother as best as possible.
There's not really much to him asides from his two game appearances that helps either. I mean if the game was Mother 1, maybe, but even then we dive back into Ninten on the "Sometimes we might want to rep it in a different way"
3. Too much Mother repersentation!​
This is probably the best argument against him, and if he's disclosed from the final roster, this will be why. I could still see him as DLC. I'll admit it's hard to give a series as much reps as it has games, but it's more of a "This would be interesting" than "This franchise needs it". I agree there are other series who deserve another addition first such as Metroid and DK, but if it doesn't get in the way, who would mind it? It gives us more of a chance to at least see ports of Mother 1 and 3, and it also gives us a cool addition to Smash Bros who would be playable here.​
4. Japan-Only​
We got Earthbound on VC and the people who made the Mother 3 fan-translation are already/have semi-talked with Nintendo and it's getting more and more love. Zing. To add to that, Lucas isn't all that Japan-only anymore (While translation of Marth's and Roy's games took forever) and we had Marth and Roy. Zing.​
To add to that, after Marth's appearance twice, we got remakes of both of his games (Granted one never went outside of the U.S.), so zing.​
5. He would be a spoiler!​
The game has been out for quite a while. Would suck if they remake it, but it's not the biggest spoiler, and we've had some other stuff such as Zero Suit Samus and Sheik. Taking into account that we've already received New Pork City (which is a GIGANTIC spoiler in and of it's own) that's saying something already!​
6. He's already a costume!​
As his kid form, which is fine but as shown by screen shots here, him as the Masked Man is much different asides from physical structure and the fact he has some PSI moves.​
Movesets
Adam Zinch's moveset: (copypasta from facebook)​

Next up is Claus, or The Masked Man from Moter 3. Really quick though, many people complain that Claus shouldn't be in because "It would be to much of a spoiler to the fans who haven't played Mother 3" well for the people who didn't play Ocarina of Time, the Zelda/Shiek thing ruined that suprise too.​
Claus Moveset​
B- Beam Cannon- Claus fires a single beam out of his arm. The beam is about as big as the ray gun shot, but stronger and leaves an electric effect to it.​
<B>- Double Strike- Claus jumps forward swinging his sword downward. If he hits someone with his sword he automatically attacks twice with a finishing blow type strike​
Up B- Cyborg Wings- Claus flies upwards with his wings​
Down B- PK Thunder- a giant thunderbolt comes down and strikes next to him, like Pikachu's but much quicker​
Final Smash- Lightning Strike- Claus lifts his sword upwards then slashes it down, summoning Lightning to strike every opponent on the stage, the only downside to the final smash is that it is predictable and easily avoidable if you dodge at the right time. If the bolt touches you, you take a good deal of damage though​
God Robert's Cousin's moveset:​
I've thought of a moveset of my own for the Masked Man. I wanted to diversify what aspects of him are represented, slightly focusing on him being the Pigmask Army's commander more than being a PSI user, a cyborg boy, or electrical swordsman.

Neutral Special: PK Love - Claus uses his PSI powers to emit a slowly moving pattern of light-blue hexagons. Functions similarly to Ness' PK Flash and Lucas' PK Freeze. Where as Ness' PK Flash does heavy damage and knockback, the Masked Man's PK Love does heavy damage and a ton of hitstun, leaving the opponent shaking in place for a few seconds before being sent flying.
Side Special: Pigmask Bomb - Tosses out a round, pink bomb that rolls to the side until it reaches a stop. Explodes after about 2 seconds and is affected by terrain physics.
Up Special: Lightning Strike - The Masked Man extends his mechanical wings and flies straight up in a blitz of thunder, spiking any opponent he touches during it.
Down Special: Shield Killer - Whips out a device that creates a wave of orange-lines in front of him. If the opponent is shielding when he uses this, their shield is instantly broken.
Final Smash: Pigmask Raid - The Masked Man takes out his phone, which plays the Pigmask Army's ringtone. Helicopters come flying from above, dropping Pigmask bombs and the occasional New Year's Eve Bomb that has no knockback but instantly does 200% damage to the opponent. During all this chaos, a couple of Pigmasks drop down from the copters and begin to shoot at the opponents. The final smash ends with both Pigmasks trying to bum-rush the opponent with the highest current percentage before they grab onto the helicopters' ladders and fly off.

Fireemblemneir's moveset:

Masked Man
Statistics
Masked Man is the strongest of the Mother characters in physical and PSI capabilities, yet is the slowest. Most of his attacks does significantly high damage. He may be the slowest of the Mother characters, but is still as fast as most mid weight characters maybe even a little faster.
Specials
Neutral Special- PK Love Omega- Works like Lucas and Ness' neutral special, but is the strongest of the 3 it is a white silvery color. May stun opponent. Does about 26% fully charged

Side Special- Beam Cannon- Claus fires two beams out of his arm. The beam(s) is about as big as the Samus' uncharged shot, but causes bigger knockback and damage and leaves an electric effect to it. Does about 20% fully charged

Up Special- Cyborg Wings- Claus flies upwards with his wings, it's useful recovery, but very predictable, before the leap the wings coming out can damage the opponent does about 10% it the wings hit opponent

Down Special- PK Thunder- a giant thunderbolt comes down and strikes near to him, like Pikachu's but much quicker and it doesn't hit him Does about 15% damage.

Final Smash
Lightning Strike- Claus lifts his sword upwards then slashes it down, summoning Lightning to strike every opponent on the stage, the only downside to the final smash is that it is predictable and easily avoidable if you dodge at the right time. If the bolt touches you, you take about 75% damage and will most likely get KO.

Tilts, Smashes, Airs, and Grabs
Tilts
AAA- Masked Man on his first of the three attacks jabs with his arm cannon, then Headbutts and finally slashes with his iconic sword, which causes decent damage and knockback. Hit 1-10%, Hit 2-15% Hit 3-19%

Side Tilt- Masked Man quickly jabs with his arm cannon. like Samus. Does about 14% damage

Up Tilt- Masked Man does a light slash with his sword over his head. Does about 16% damage

Down Tilt- Kicks almost exactly how Ness does. Does about 12% damage

Dash Attack- When Dashing he will shoot I small PK love shot, if you attack. Does about 13% damage
Smashes
Side Smash- Masked Man stabs at the opponent with his sword, causing large damage and knockback. Does about 27% damage

Up Smash- Masked Man jabs his sword upwards, causing large knockback and Damage. Does about 26% damage

Down Smash- Masked Man slashes at both sides of him, causing large damage and knocback. Does about 24% damage

Airs
Forward Air- Masked Man slashes, vertically in the middle of the air and slashes again opposite way, Does about 22% damage with both attacks.

Back Air- Masked Man quickly turns around shooting a blast of PK Love a. Does about 14% damage.

Up Air- Masked Man shoots a blast from his arm cannon above his head, which dissipates quickly. Does about 12% damage.

Down Air- Masked Man shoots a blast of PK love a, below him, Does about 14% damage.
Grabs
Pummel- Once Masked Man grabs the opponent, he jabs at the opponent with his arm cannon. Does about 9% per hit.

Forward Throw- Masked Man tosses the opponent forward and shoots at him with his arm cannon. does 16% damage

Back Throw- Masked Man tosses the opponent behind him and shoots a small PK Love blast at him. does 15% damage

Down Throw- Masked Man throws the opponent to the ground and shoots PK Love and an arm cannon blast at the same time. Can be chained to be done again. Does about 18% damage.

Up Throw- Masked Man tosses opponent in the air and slashes at him as he's falling. Can be chained to be done again. Does about 17% damage.

Taunts
Up Taunt- Masked Man takes off the mask revealing Claus and nods at the screen, then puts mask back on.

Side Taunt- Masked Man looks at his sword and looks away while lowering his hand.

Down Taunt- Masked Man spreads his wings out and soon retracts them.

Finally, some pictures to support! Put these in your sig or somewhere. Show the love! :

And finally, how about a Kirby hat?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The excellent job done with Shadow Queen Peach makes me confident that the team would be able to handle a character without any 3D incarnation (such as Sami or Lip), and come up with a high quality end product.

I really love the costumes overall (particularly Dr. Mario and the Hero of Time).

Malion

Smash Ace
slippy anyone?
kidding...

also I'm curious about names...
Masked Man might not have dialogue but he still has a name.
what will the announcer call him?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Claus obviously.

If you didn't know that dude was Claus the first time you saw him, then Scooby Doo must be the most exciting show for you, god damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom