• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm double posting but this is totally worth saying in it's own post.

Well I just missed out on the whole Raichu thing, but I think it is a great idea!
While It would be a little bit sad to not have Pichu, having Raichu being based off of Pichu's moveset could work like how Tink's moveset is inspired by Young Link's.
If Raichu had Pichu's moveset it would probably be REALLY dangerous.

The properties on Pichu's Uair (which personally is my favorite move) send the enemies into the air just like Roy's Dtilt or crouch stab no matter where it hits. Put that on top of Raichu's ridiculously long tail and we have SHENANIGAN CENTRAL.

His down C stick sends enemies at a nasty trajectory. Put that on an extended ranged Raichu and we have SHENANIGAN CENTRAL

His Nair or "Nooch" is subjectively better than Pikachu's and would have an insane set up thanks to Uair. You know what that means?
SHENANIGAN CENTRAL.
what else were you expecting?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Let me stop you right there.

Yes, we know this.

As sonic fans we understand the differences between these characters, but to the uninformed, misinformed, and haters all of the evidence that these characters are really different from each other doesn't matter.

It's dumb and biased to be blunt.
Only difference is that these people don't have a vocal minority. They have a Vocal Majority. Which is RARE.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly.

Now about that Metal Mario.....

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly.

Now about that Metal Mario.....

We already have a metal mode.

I think after it's all done and done, the PMBR should look into making more modes. I want Single button mode back (Just so I can not play it KEK)

But to be really honest I think the PMBR could make some really unique modes after seeing what they did with turbo.

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316

I think after it's all done and done, the PMBR should look into making more modes. I want Single button mode back (Just so I can not play it KEK)

But to be really honest I think the PMBR could make some really unique modes after seeing what they did with turbo.
Oh god single button mode I forgot that existed, who thought that was a good idea?

Shin F.

Smash Master

They didn't technically make an entirely new mode with Turbo, they changed the Spicy Curry into a Turbo item. Spicy Curry mode has it always active, hence Turbo Mode. So to get a new mode, I think they would more likely have to modify the item that's applied to all the characters...

Having said that, I'd be really interested to see what they could do with the others as well.
Oh god single button mode I forgot that existed, who thought that was a good idea?
The same guy who thought tripping was :troll:

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

Boi. What if people wanted to main him? M Mario is a 64 vet and that Metal Mode does not do that Smash 64 nostalgia trip any justice. How many kids wet their pants when they heard that gawd liyk metal echo when he perused yo ass? Every kid and their granny wanted to play as MM as a character. I mean look at him then and now.

Disgusting...That oil color was intense, and now he looks like a piece of sheet metal. PMBR can do him justice. I mean just imagine giving him Vanilla Brawl Mario's D-Air with that fast fall weight and L-Canceling. S-Tier. Done.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
They didn't technically make an entirely new mode with Turbo, they changed the Spicy Curry into a Turbo item. Spicy Curry mode has it always active, hence Turbo Mode. So to get a new mode, I think they would more likely have to modify the item that's applied to all the characters...
There's a completely useless mode that exists called Reflect.

Why they made a mode that is specifically designed to make all projectiles completely useless is beyond me.
That badge can be modified into another unique mode.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Boi. What if people wanted to main him? M Mario is a 64 vet and that Metal Mode does not do that Smash 64 nostalgia trip any justice. How many kids wet their pants when they heard that gawd liyk metal echo when he perused yo ***? Every kid and their granny wanted to play as MM as a character. I mean look at him then and now.

Disgusting...That oil color was intense, and now he looks like a piece of sheet metal. PMBR can do him justice. I mean just imagine giving him Vanilla Brawl Mario's D-Air with that fast fall weight and L-Canceling. S-Tier. Done.
I think it would be easier to make him playable by holding R with mario lol.

It also would be really hard to balance. Being that heavy would make him probably suspectible to a Fthrow chain all the way to the edge from marth. Susceptible to every gimp in the book so long as he's over the edge. And plain out impossible to kill upwards. At least he's a good fox counter. (until the Waveshine Combo happens)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think it would be easier to make him playable by holding R with mario lol.

It also would be really hard to balance. Being that heavy would make him probably suspectible to a Fthrow chain all the way to the edge from marth. Susceptible to every gimp in the book so long as he's over the edge. And plain out impossible to kill upwards. At least he's a good fox counter. (until the Waveshine Combo happens)
Nope. Demands a slot. Anything that can counter Fox demands a slot.

Shin F.

Smash Master
They could just... ya know... modify the properties and textures of Metal Characters so they ALL get those Metal Mario properties with those things.
There's a completely useless mode that exists called Reflect.

Why they made a mode that is specifically designed to make all projectiles completely useless is beyond me.
That badge can be modified into another unique mode.
But I like the Franklin Badge :(

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
You don't know what you actually want.

I've seen that vid (plus [TAS] Silly, [TAS] Sillier and [TAS] Finale), but I'm not giving up the Franklin Badge.

Get rid of Clear Brawl instead. That just makes you invisible, which is entirely more obnoxious.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
They could just... ya know... modify the properties and textures of Metal Characters so they ALL get those Metal Mario properties with those things.

But I like the Franklin Badge :(
BOI WHAT YOU KNOW BOUT METAL MARIO?!?!? HE SO DANG IMPORTANT THAT HE GOT TO HAVE HIS OWN SLOT IN MARIO GOLF, DR. MARIO 64, MARIO TENNIS OPEN, AND EVEN REPLACED WALUIGI IN MARIO KART 7 !!!1!1!!!

lol.

This is in theory yo. I view him as being a potential counter. However, Metal mario might end up getting his **** wrecked.
He take a few hits. He weighs more than Bowser SON.

You don't know what you actually want.

Oh hello there Guilty Gear.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I've seen that vid (plus [TAS] Silly, [TAS] Sillier and [TAS] Finale), but I'm not giving up the Franklin Badge.

Get rid of Clear Brawl instead. That just makes you invisible, which is entirely more obnoxious.
I can actually agree that clear is bad and could definitely be reworked into something great.

Should heavy be a thing in project M? Sounds like it could be really dangerous.
Light just makes it Brawl so I think it kind of goes against the fast paced action that Project M is going for but it is an additional mode.

I think they should kill off Heavy/Light/Clear for new modes. If they want a 4th mode though, kill off reflect.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I can actually agree that clear is bad and could definitely be reworked into something great.

Light just makes it Brawl so I think it kind of goes against the fast paced action that Project M is going for but it is an additional mode.

I think they should kill off Heavy/Light/Clear for new modes. If they want a 4th mode though, kill off reflect.
As fun as reflect mode is, I agree with this. We need some realistically different game modes.

That applies for over the cliff too yo.
Das okay. Dats why they gon give ma boi all F.L.U.D.D.'s different modes. He can get back up on dat stage using Rocket and Hover nozzles bro. He also gon be fast as Captain Falcon yo. He be the fastest racer in Mario Kart 7.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master

Yeah, I can agree with that. Clear, Light, Heavy and Reflect are the ones that should go - in that order. IF we can come up with enough modes.

We got Jump Mode. What else could there be?

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I vote Clear Brawl to die. Keep the Franklin Badge, don't take away what little representation Mother has in Brawl :(

Shin F.

Smash Master
I vote Clear Brawl to die. Keep the Franklin Badge, don't take away what little representation Mother has in Brawl :(
Maybe they can make a different item apply to that mode and change it instead. That's the main reason I want to keep the Franklin Badge. Because Earthbound. I mean, we'll still have Mr. Saturn, but still.

Yeah, I'd want Clear to go first.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
As fun as reflect mode is, I agree with this. We need some realistically different game modes.
Yeah, I can agree with that. Clear, Light, Heavy and Reflect are the ones that should go - in that order. IF we can come up with enough modes.

Ok, I need some serious education.

What do you guys actually like about reflect mode?

I find it cool looking but that's about it. It completely nullifies projectiles like Snakes Nikita or Tranquilizer in PM, Stops samus' charge blast. Set's up for pure jankiness against ness / lucas when they are trying to recover with PK thunder (Tank the thunder, gets reflected) and overall just makes almost all items if they are on useless.

It literally nullifies characters moves, and just makes them gimped for the fight in my opinion. Only real good thing is that it stops ranged pressure. But who would choose a character that thrives off of ranged pressure when playing in that mode anyway?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

Smash 64 mode, a working Soccer mode, Arcade Edition.

Shin F.

Smash Master

I find it cool looking but that's about it. It completely nullifies projectiles like Snakes Nikita or Tranquilizer in PM, Stops samus' charge blast. Set's up for pure jankiness against ness / lucas when they are trying to recover with PK thunder (Tank the thunder, gets reflected) and overall just makes almost all items if they are on useless.

It literally nullifies characters moves, and just makes them gimped for the fight in my opinion. Only real good thing is that it stops ranged pressure. But who would choose a character that thrives off of ranged pressure when playing in that mode anyway?
Bcuz Erfbound

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
If it makes you feel better, you have Mr. Saturn
It does, but I'd still prefer Clear Mode go first. It literally doesn't do anything at all. If you can tell where they are from the distortion, it doesn't help them. If you can't tell where each other are because of how clear you are, you SD like a mofo. It's even worse than Reflect. Light and Heavy I actually like better than Reflect Mode, so I put them at the same level.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

It gives us an easier time fighting Link :troll:

In reality I don't like it, but I don't want the Franklin Badge gone because that means losing an element of the Mother series.

I was actually kind of sad the Curry had to go for Turbo mode. Not that I'm looking back on it and thinking the Curry was superior, it's just a nice nod to Kirby's first game leaving was pretty sad.

The new modes should have actual references to Nintendo games to compensate, that electric triangle thing just looks generic.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I see.

Normally I'd say keep the badge but that wouldn't work since the badge is stuck to reflect mode.

The item isn't bad. The mode is though.
That's why it would be cool if they could make a different item apply to the mode and replace it instead. I don't like the mode, don't get me wrong. I never liked it. But I really do like the item a lot.

If they can manage it, I say get rid of the Team Healer. Who even uses that thing?

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
That's why it would be cool if they could make a different item apply to the mode and replace it instead. I don't like the mode, don't get me wrong. I never liked it. But I really do like the item a lot.

If they can manage it, I say get rid of the Team Healer. Who even uses that thing?
Or the Smoke Ball. It's just as annoying as Clear Brawl.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

loool.

Yeah but that would be a replacement for unique item. Can't really turn it into mode.

Shin F.

Smash Master
loool.

Yeah but that would be a replacement for unique item. Can't really turn it into mode.
If they can reassign it so that Reflect Mode uses it instead of the Franklin Badge, they could.

How about Screw Attack Mode? Just switch the Franklin Badge for the Screw Attack in Special Brawl and bam, there ya go. Combine with Jump Mode for infinitely screwy shenanigans. It'll be like playing as Endgame Samus with Space Jump and Screw Attack.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
It gives us an easier time fighting Link :troll:

In reality I don't like it, but I don't want the Franklin Badge gone because that means losing an element of the Mother series.

I was actually kind of sad the Curry had to go for Turbo mode. Not that I'm looking back on it and thinking the Curry was superior, it's just a nice nod to Kirby's first game leaving was pretty sad.

The new modes should have actual references to Nintendo games to compensate, that electric triangle thing just looks generic.
Ouch.

I thought project M had made a name for itself. I always thought that's why the Project M stadium over pokemon stadium 2 was so highly acclaimed.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
If they can reassign it so that Reflect Mode uses it instead of the Franklin Badge, they could.

How about Screw Attack Mode? Just switch the Franklin Badge for the Screw Attack in Special Brawl and bam, there ya go. Combine with Jump Mode for infinitely screwy shenanigans.
Yes....YES

I LIKE IT.

ORRRRR

WE BRING BACK THE OLD SCREW ATTACK.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I LOVED THROWING IT AT ENEMIES TO FORCE THEM INTO A SCREW THEN FINISH THEM.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
loool.

Oh damn you're right.

Let's see, what are all the items that directly affect modes again? I know the Metal Box, Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Bunny Hood, Franklin Badge, Lip's Stick, Curry now Turbo Triangle whatever, what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom