• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
She could still technically be in the game even if the rumor is debunked, y'know.
Well considering the rumor is that Palutena is going to be in the game, how could the rumor be both true and debunked at the same time? Does the rumor exist in an infinite number of interpretations of our reality simultaneously? The leak could be proven fake, but there is absolutely no way of knowing that until Palutena is either confirmed, represented in some other way (assist trophy, sticker, trophy, Pit's Final Smash, stage hazard/background detail) or the game is released.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
What I meant is that Palutena could still be playable even if the particular 'leaked' model we see in those images is fake.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Man, all this RPG character talk is making me want Shulk in Smash 4. Though part of me believes Sakurai is too much of a troll to something that cool. Shulk will likely just be another Ridley case.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Man, all this RPG character talk is making me want Shulk in Smash 4. Though part of me believes Sakurai is too much of a troll to something that cool. Shulk will likely just be another Ridley case.
Off-topic but Sakurai is kind of an ass about everything. Remember when he said everyone complaining about Kid Icarus Uprising's controls just sucked at the game?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Off-topic but Sakurai is kind of an *** about everything. Remember when he said everyone complaining about Kid Icarus Uprising's controls just sucked at the game?
I do not because I was too busy listening to his ego-trip about how Smash 4 is going to toast P:M.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I do not because I was too busy listening to his ego-trip about how Smash 4 is going to toast P:M.
When did he say that? I'm pretty sure he has never mentioned PM, and if it's that article you are talking about, I thought that was confirmed to be satire.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
When did he say that? I'm pretty sure he has never mentioned PM, and if it's that article you are talking about, I thought that was confirmed to be satire.
Was it? I didn't hear anything about that article beyond what it said, so I may have missed that.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Lol, if that article was real, then he basically insulted his entire fandom, saying he literally doesn't give a single **** about them and that he does it all for personal satisfaction (and money?). So yeah, such a consumer-friendly company as Nintendo would never allow one of its best developers to **** all over their customers.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That entire site is basically gaming's version of the Onion, or if you don't know what the Onion is, a satire site.
I never heard the rumor from any particular site. I heard it here on Smash Boards first. I guess I never saw the original source? Generally, when you hear something from a person who is usually right, you don't think twice about questioning them. So yeah, thanks for the info guys.

Lol, if that article was real, then he basically insulted his entire fandom, saying he literally doesn't give a single **** about them and that he does it all for personal satisfaction (and money?). So yeah, such a consumer-friendly company as Nintendo would never allow one of its best developers to **** all over their customers.
Like I said, I never seen the direct source. But this doesn't surprise me.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
This made me laugh. Sakurai has been ****ting on us for YEARS! Calling anyone into the competitive scene freaks, insulting people for not liking his hand-cramp inducing control layouts, insulting anyone who has ever even thought of wanting Waluigi in Smash Bros., need I say more?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Sakurai's cat for clone engine confirmed?
All I've ever wanted.

Too OP, we've been over this.

Anyone have any more ideas for Balloon Fighter or Mach Rider?
The weight change concept was really neat. You can very easily translate other concepts from characters who had similar abilities. For instance, Propeller Suit Mario drills downwards if you do a ground pound during flight. Perhaps he can do something like this as his D-Air.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
This made me laugh. Sakurai has been ****ting on us for YEARS! Calling anyone into the competitive scene freaks, insulting people for not liking his hand-cramp inducing control layouts, insulting anyone who has ever even thought of wanting Waluigi in Smash Bros., need I say more?
I know, but he was literally insulting everyone in there, not only us. And lol @ the Waluigi part.

Anyone have any more ideas for Balloon Fighter or Mach Rider?
Have there ever been Mach Rider psa's out there? I hardly know anything about him, but he really looks like a cool guy.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I know, but he was literally insulting everyone in there, not only us. And lol @ the Waluigi part.

Have there ever been Mach Rider psa's out there? I hardly know anything about him, but he really looks like a cool guy.
So it's ok to insult mass amounts of your audience but it's not ok to insult your entire audience?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
So it's ok to insult mass amounts of your audience but it's not ok to insult your entire audience?
I never said it was ok, I'm not trying to defend him or anything, but there's a difference between how he usually insults us (indirectly, ignoring us, Brawl, etc.) and how he supposedly does it in that article, which is straight up provoking and condescending.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I never said it was ok, I'm not trying to defend him or anything, but there's a difference between how he usually insults us (indirectly, ignoring us, Brawl, etc.) and how he supposedly does it in that article, which is straight up provoking and condescending.
Shift the conversation back to characters that aren't Sakurai, please. :alakadoof:
Guys I really don't want to see this escalate. Shadic already told us to get back on topic. Blame Solbliminal's lack of knowledge with articles and move on.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
No worries, they weren't in Brawl. Also, PMBR would have a HELL of a time making them sufficiently customizable and still retain consistent balance.
Well praise Bird Jesus then, cuz Miis are the only characters whose inclusion in Smash will actually infuriate me.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
She physically guides Pit by making him fly in Uprising, she's more of a driver than a "cheerleader"
That's why I said "supports pit", wasn't disregarding that............she also does cheerleading from the sidelines as apparent

@ Shin F. Shin F. : of course he's not in brawl...........it's either because people don't like him or they don't find him relevant

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
My dog works at Nintendo and he told me Sakurai's cat will be in Smash 4 and Condor will replace Master Hand and Master Hand will replace the Fighting Alloys.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
No worries, they weren't in Brawl. Also, PMBR would have a HELL of a time making them sufficiently customizable and still retain consistent balance.
The only customization the Mii has ever had is the creation of the Mii itself. And I sincerely doubt Sakurai is going to go through the trouble of doing a battle customizable Mii himself. If anything, they'll just have a moveset based on their game appearances. Which in itself has its own pure moveset potential. I mean look at the Villager. Also, Miis did appear in Brawl as online mode icons / avatars.

Now that is not to say I want them in P:M (or even Smash 4 for that matter). In fact...

-1 Vote for Mii: Because the idea is ridiculous to begin with. They are genaric and boring characters when compared to the large list of options before us. I don't care how creative the character's overall potential may be, it just gushes fail from lack of customizable appearance on the Mii Channel to begin with. As much as I don't like the chance of this thing having a chance of being in Smash 4, I'd rather it be there than here. Keep this crap out of P:M.

I don't normally down-vote anything, but I'm driving nails in this things coffin before it becomes a bigger thing.

My God works at Nintendo and he told me Sakurai's Cat will be in Smash 4 and Condor will replace Ridley and Land Masters will replace the Fighting Alloys.
Fixed.

Last edited:

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Kid Icarus Uprising's controls weren't bad, they just took some getting used to. I don't know why everyone says that the controls give them cramps...

Shin F.

Smash Master
The only customization the Mii has ever had is the creation of the Mii itself. And I sincerely doubt Sakurai is going to go through the trouble of doing a battle customizable Mii himself. If anything, they'll just have a moveset based on their game appearances. Which in itself has its own pure moveset potential. I mean look at the Villager. Also, Miis did appear in Brawl as online mode icons / avatars.
Even that is too much for PM. Think about it. PMBR would have to make it possible for everyone to match their Miis with the in-game models. I'm not even talking movesets, I'm talking their faces, hair, builds - these are part of what makes a Mii what it is. It's too much for PMBR to do. Also, yes, I am looking right at Villager in SSB4. He's already taken 90% of their sports-based possibilities. If Mii is going to be in SSB4, it's customization, an Alt for Villager, or bust.
-1 Vote for Mii: Because the idea is ridiculous to begin with. They are genaric and boring characters when compared to the large list of options before us. I don't care how creative the character's overall potential may be, it just gushes fail from lack of customizable appearance on the Mii Channel to begin with. As much as I don't like the chance of this thing having a chance of being in Smash 4, I'd rather it be there than here. Keep this crap out of P:M.
Totally unnecessary, given that they're not even eligible.

That's right, they were avatars. Totally forgot. Still, I doubt anyone is ever going to seriously vote for them.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I'd think Raiden would be a better choice than Gray Fox, but that's just me. Either or, I'd welcome him or Gray Fox with open arms and a High-Frequency Blade in hand. I'm not all about Golden Sun since I have never played it, so I don't have any strong feelings about Issac. While Pichu would be awesome to see considering how freakishly good he is in Melee SD Remix (Seriously, he's freaking high tier), Pichu would really cause problems with the rest of the community for reasons two fold. 1. A lot of people hated Pichu because he was downright garbage in Melee. 2. If he was given buffs to be a genuine threat, then alot of people will complain about him and ask for nerfs from high heaven.

I'm more on the fence of not seeing Waluigi being on the character roster. Not because I don't like him, but because he isn't really impactful on the Mario franchise and not to mention that the number of Waluigi fans is small in the Smash community. Waluigi is a very, very niche character. Although I find some PSAs to be impressive, he doesn't really shine as bright as others.
Raiden sounds good but, I don't think he's in brawl. He has to appear in brawl as a sticker, trophy or any other appearance. If he's in brawl some one send me a pic of him ^-^

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Even that is too much for PM. Think about it. PMBR would have to make it possible for everyone to match their Miis with the in-game models. I'm not even talking movesets, I'm talking their faces, hair, builds - these are part of what makes a Mii what it is. It's too much for PM.
I totally agree. It is honestly very difficult to think how that would even be possible. And trust me when I say I'm not arguing in their favor. I'm just trying to explain that they contain their own moveset potential. Not that it matters. They are completely generic an not likely to make an impression on anyone. But you can never be to sure. I mean you seen how Waluigi's discussion became quite popular in no time flat, despite how terrible he is in the running.

Also, yes, I am looking right at Villager in SSB4. He's already taken 90% of their sports-based possibilities. If Mii is going to be in SSB4, it's customization, an Alt for Villager, or bust.
I sincerely doubt that. If the Mii appears, it will be its own thing. Besides, the Mii's represent more than sports based games. Wii Music, Nintendo Land, and even various smaller games have shown the Mii doing just about everything (RPGs, Platforming in Mario, Racing in Mario Kart).

That's right, they were avatars. Totally forgot. Still, I doubt anyone is ever going to seriously vote for them.
Yes but Anti-Guy also said only to -1 vote anything you would truly be against being in the game. I'm not indifferent to the Mii, as I despise the concept. So therefore I'm -1 voting it for future reference.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I sincerely doubt that. If the Mii appears, it will be its own thing. Besides, the Mii's represent more than sports based games. Wii Music, Nintendo Land, and even various smaller games have shown the Mii doing just about everything (RPGs, Platforming in Mario, Racing in Mario Kart).
Yes, but the sports and fitness games are the most iconic pieces. Everything the Mii could possibly do is already being done by some other character. Yeah, they were in Nintendo Land - which basically put them in the shoes of characters already in or highly likely to be in SSB4. Yeah, they were in Wii Music, but I don't see Sakurai wanting to remind everyone of a game that was panned so badly. Yeah, you could use them in Mario Party - but that's honestly not saying much. You could use Blooper in Mario Party.

But this is kind of off-topic (talking about SSB4) and since no one has spoken up in support of Mii, let's just drop it. Ummm.... why did you even bring him up in the first place if you're so against the idea?

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
@ Shin F. Shin F. : of course he's not in brawl...........it's either because people don't like him or they don't find him relevant
Or because he didn't exist until Kid Icarus: Uprising, which came out AFTER Brawl. The criteria is that the character can't be voted on unless they made an appearance in the original version of Brawl.

Ummm.... why did you even bring him up in the first place if you're so against the idea?
It was meant to be a joke about me apologizing to myself, but it turned into a discussion about Miis.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Or because he didn't exist until Kid Icarus: Uprising, which came out AFTER Brawl. The criteria is that the character can't be voted on unless they made an appearance in the original version of Brawl.
This. He wasn't even created until way after Brawl.
It was meant to be a joke about me apologizing to myself, but it turned into a discussion about Miis.
Ah, alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom