• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
There's an Assist Trophy in SSF2 that does that. It forces everyone to continuously taunt, basically making them helpless during the duration. Unless they're in the air, in which case, they're helpless once they hit the ground again. Could PMBR make an attack force an input on everyone on the stage, though?
I don't see why not.

:pichumelee: Pichu is far and away my most wanted clone character, rivaled only by Ridley. Issac and Lyn would be great as well. I'm open to just about anyone as long as they're done well though. :shyguy:
Ray and Dixie are my most anticipated so far. Although Issac and Lyn would be pretty hype for me as well.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Lyn, (While a fan favorite to a lot (I'm not one), I don't see what she could do that Marth/Roy can't. Educate me if you have an idea.)
This has been discussed. At length. And a great moveset for her has been posted. Linked on the first page under the description of her. The moveset has sketches for most of the moves.

As for how she'd be different, I'm going to point to Soul Calibur. Yes it is a completely unrelated game. but considering that it is a sword-based fighting game with so many different sword users: they all play pretty differently. Yes we could be better with certain axe or lance users for variety (Hector and Ephraim from Fire Emblem / Sacred Stones), but you can do a lot with someone using Lyn's attack style.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I said that she had potential in that post (the ones I highlighted were the ones I saw that had potential), I just didn't see it. The thing i just didn't get though was a moveset for her.

----After checking post------

Checked the post, and I get the idea. Not a bad gameplay style, and it seems fun to play. To be honest I still don't know how I feel about Lyn. I support anybody who has a gameplay style that is fun and one that positively represents the character, though something in my gut is telling me not to go for her. Weird...

Mesuxelf

Smash Rookie
Koopa troopa a clone of squirtle..
If that were to ever happen I could die happy, but I guess a recolor is good enough.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
My most wanted is Toad.
Ridley, Skull Kid, Isaac, and Ray are also up there.

D

Deleted member

Wondering how people would feel about Karst from golden sun?

Here are some good points:

-Female (Project M lacks women)
-Scythe User (Something unique we don't have already)
-Villain (Project M lacks villians)
-Moveset could be easily made from her boss fight (see below this)

• Death Scythe: Used 53 out of 256 times, this is a Monster Skill where Karst comes forward, charges an attack, and strikes, while a holographic image of a Grim Reaper slashes the target with its scythe in tandem. This deals a Venus-based attack equal to her normal physical attack with an additional 35 damage points, unless the potential added effect of instantly downing the target kicks in. (This is actually the exact same ability as Menardi's "Death Size", but with its name fixed.)
  • Fiery Blast: Used 47 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell where a large explosion of fire, spreading many embers, discharges at the opposing party's position, dealing a Mars-based attack with a power rating of 110 and a range of 5 targets. It costs Karst 19 PP to use.
  • Djinnfest: Used 41 out of 256 times, this is a monster skill where Karst projects a flurry of large glowing musical note symbols at the party, putting one of each member's active Djinn in Recovery mode. This acts with increased priority.
  • Supernova: Used 35 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell where a large and extended explosion of fire discharges at the enemy party's position as the camera swivels, dealing a Mars-based attack with a power rating of 170 and a range of 7 targets. It costs Karst 31 PP to use.
  • Healing Aura: Used 29 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell that restores her and Agatio's HP by just over 100. Costs 11 PP.
  • Break: Used 23 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell that removes all buffing effects that the party members had applied to themselves with Psynergy and other effects at this point. Costs 5 PP.
  • Heat Kiss: Used 17 out of 256 times, this is a Monster Skill where Karst projects a flurry of orange clouds shaped like valentine hearts against the party, having a chance to lower the Attack rating of up to 3 Adepts by 25%.
  • Attack: Used 11 out of 256 times, this is Karst's standard physical attack.

Nice pic of Karst

Last edited by a moderator:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Wondering how people would feel about Karst from golden sun?

Here are some good points:

-Female (Project M lacks women)
-Scythe User (Something unique we don't have already)
-Villain (Project M lacks villians)
-Moveset could be easily made from here boss fight (see below this)

• Death Scythe: Used 53 out of 256 times, this is a Monster Skill where Karst comes forward, charges an attack, and strikes, while a holographic image of a Grim Reaper slashes the target with its scythe in tandem. This deals a Venus-based attack equal to her normal physical attack with an additional 35 damage points, unless the potential added effect of instantly downing the target kicks in. (This is actually the exact same ability as Menardi's "Death Size", but with its name fixed.)
  • Fiery Blast: Used 47 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell where a large explosion of fire, spreading many embers, discharges at the opposing party's position, dealing a Mars-based attack with a power rating of 110 and a range of 5 targets. It costs Karst 19 PP to use.
  • Djinnfest: Used 41 out of 256 times, this is a monster skill where Karst projects a flurry of large glowing musical note symbols at the party, putting one of each member's active Djinn in Recovery mode. This acts with increased priority.
  • Supernova: Used 35 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell where a large and extended explosion of fire discharges at the enemy party's position as the camera swivels, dealing a Mars-based attack with a power rating of 170 and a range of 7 targets. It costs Karst 31 PP to use.
  • Healing Aura: Used 29 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell that restores her and Agatio's HP by just over 100. Costs 11 PP.
  • Break: Used 23 out of 256 times, this is a Psynergy spell that removes all buffing effects that the party members had applied to themselves with Psynergy and other effects at this point. Costs 5 PP.
  • Heat Kiss: Used 17 out of 256 times, this is a Monster Skill where Karst projects a flurry of orange clouds shaped like valentine hearts against the party, having a chance to lower the Attack rating of up to 3 Adepts by 25%.
  • Attack: Used 11 out of 256 times, this is Karst's standard physical attack.

Nice pic of Karst
She's not eligible because she wasn't in Brawl. In fact, Isaac is the only Golden Sun character to appear in the game. If she was, though, I'd still far prefer Isaac since he's the main character. I wouldn't have been opposed to having both of them, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh dang I forgot about that rule. Wow I'm surprised there was a ridiculous amount of stickers and Trophy's in brawl, does Nintendo have a vendetta on golden sun or something?

Okay being a golden sun fan, I'll take what I can get. Issac please!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
She's been mentioned a few times. Even once within the last couple of pages.
In that case, I'm going to switch one of my half votes to her. Do I need to edit the original post or do I just make the changes in a new one?

Shin F.

Smash Master
In that case, I'm going to switch one of my half votes to her. Do I need to edit the original post or do I just make the changes in a new one?
You don't have to switch half-votes. You get an unlimited amount. Only full-votes are limited, and you can just add +1/2 to her in a new post. Probably better that way so everyone will actually see it. I doubt the entire thread is re-counted when getting vote tallies - that would be hell. I'm fairly sure Anti-Guy keeps a list of who we've voted for somewhere. If you just edited it into your original post, then no one would probably even know.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I actually wouldn't be opposed to Lip. She comes from a puzzle game, and puzzle games by Nintendo haven't gotten representation in Smash yet (unless you count Dr. Mario, but he's just a costume now).

I wouldn't know how she'd work, though, aside from one of her specials doing what the Lip's Stick item does.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I actually wouldn't be opposed to Lip. She comes from a puzzle game, and puzzle games by Nintendo haven't gotten representation in Smash yet (unless you count Dr. Mario, but he's just a costume now).

I wouldn't know how she'd work, though, aside from one of her specials doing what the Lip's Stick items does.
Her down-b should spawn a tetris block that falls down in front of her (below her if she's in the air), kind of like Kirby's Stone ability except it's summoned rather than her transforming into it. I think she's a fairy, so it wouldn't be out of the question to give her some magic, too, I think. She'd require some creativity, but I think she could be pretty fun.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Her down-b should spawn a tetris block that falls down in front of her (below her if she's in the air), kind of like Kirby's Stone ability except it's summoned rather than her transforming into it. I think she's a fairy, so it wouldn't be out of the question to give her some magic, too, I think. She'd require some creativity, but I think she could be pretty fun.
Her game has blocks that you have to match 3 in a row, right? Maybe you can stick miniscule blocks on the opponent. If you do it three times, they blow up, doing massive damage to the opponent while giving them the flower status.

Edit: I'll give a 1/2 vote to Lip, while I'm at it.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Jill is where it is at guys. Drill Dozer was also made by Gamefreak, your beloved Pokemon producing company. She's like a miniature Tron Bonne. Not to mention she has one hell of a punch. I do highly suggest giving her game a look.

Also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom