• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see waluigi also, All your taunts and win poses are great, but I think you forgot the one from mario tennis 64, when his eyes sparkle and he fist pumps, lol when I was little my older brother told me that he was actually a robot :p
Lol, He did the sparkle thing too with both eyes in the main Game & Watch Gallery 4 game for GBA...........in the "Boxing" game vs. Luigi if he won the fight

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
If you want him so badly just make him an alternate costume for pikachu, like how Mario has Dr. Mario as alternate.
Because it's not possible to do that.
I really hope they don't waist a spot for Pichu
If people want the character, it's never really a waste.
That's like me saying Grey Fox or Dark Samus would be a waste.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Wow... didn't take long for that Waluigi bandwaggon to start here.
So speaking of bandwaggons, was the Helix in Brawl?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
There's finally Ray supporters here??? damn........I thought I was alone

I think I might have been the first one supporting him here......

I was pushing for Ray Legend to be exact.........that has to be the best representation of Ray

Where were all you people? lol (maybe its the SSB4 expectancy)
Finally got supporters? Page 2.
Ray MKII

Right off the bat.. How awesome does this guy look??

Some info:

There are eight different Ray models in the Custom Robo series. They include Ray, Ray MK II, Ray MK III, Ray Sky, Ray 01, Ray Warrior, Ray II Dark, and X-Ray. All are Shining Fighter models exept Ray Sky. Ray II Dark and Ray Warrior are illegal parts, illegal parts are parts that are powerful enough to actually hurt someone based on the games.

It is unarguably the best known robot in the series, and is fantastic for beginners of the series. In Custom Robo V2 there is a "dark" version of Ray MK II that exceeds in everything and acts as a villain that the main character's rival uses against your robots. The first robot in each of the games will always be a Ray model.

In the GameCube Custom Robo game, Ray 01 is a top secret robot that is found by a bunch of thieves. The playable character of the game is then asked to stop the thugs from infiltrating the base, and does so with the help of the robot.

Between this video and the attacks he uses as an assist trophy, he could have a very interesting move set, and would be a great alternative to Mega Man. Don't get me wrong! He's no Megaman!! But he'd be a cool tech based character!

Thoughts on him?

Edit: I'd love to see a post from Anti Guy about Ray.
This guy was the first to spring the topic of Ray. Ray's largest support started sometime in October or November when he became the center of discussion. Where have YOU been?

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Because it's not possible to do that.

If people want the character, it's never really a waste.
That's like me saying Grey Fox or Dark Samus would be a waste.
Your right, but pichu is a clone of pikachu, and there's limited amounts of spots left, so that's why I assumed it might be a waiste of a spot

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
...And Ridley could be Charizards alt.

No, they said that costumes won't be completely different characters. If Dark Samus gets in, it's either as her/its own character or bust.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Dude, no one said something extreme like "Ridley could be charizards alternate costume" I just thought, because dark samus is a clone of samus, It could have the same move set and be a alt costume, Why the F would any one say "Ridley could be charizards alternate" Ridley isn't a clone of charizard, nor are they from the same franchise.
Still is against the rules.
You're coming close to an ignore.

S

Sharic X

Since Waluigi is confirmed as not playable in Smash 4, I feel as though I should share a little more about why I want Waluigi in.

On page 8, I posted my list, consisting of Waluigi, Little Mac (may take him off since he is in Smash 4), and Isaac. I already stated a decent explanation as to why I wanted each character. This was Waluigi's:

I have decided to make a mock move list for him because one day I want to make my own Waluigi PSA. I am aware that MarioKing64DS is doing one, and he is doing a fantastic job, but I want to create one that is specifically made for Project M. I already did the most important parts of his moveset, the taunts and victory poses. lol. I'm trying to add to the move set, but I wanted to get Waluigi's personality out of the way.

(I hope I can add images or video to these later)

Taunts
Taunt 1
Source: Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: Eagle Victory
-Waluigi will spin around and do a Michael Jackson-like pose, tipping his hat and pointing to the side.

Taunt 2
Source: Mario Power Tennis: Taunt
- A short taunt from Mario Power Tennis

Taunt 3 (My favorite)
Source: Super Mario Strikers: The "Chop"
-You know what I am talking about… ;)

Win Poses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiGLzOkxfpg

Pose 1
Source: Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: Birdie Victory
-Waluigi does a fist pump and then a windmill

Pose 2 (My favorite)
Source Mario Party 8: Mini Game Victory/Obtaining star
-Waluigi tips his hat and pulls out a rose.

Pose 3
Source: Mario Party 3: Mini Game Victory
-Waluigi laughs, and then does a fist pump

Waluigi has a lot of potential for Project M, I feel that he can be a creatively wacky character. Sound effects are not an issue because you can find sound files for him from a lot of the GCN and Wii games he has been apart of (I know, I downloaded a LOT to make sure I can find the right sound files for the right circumstance).

One final bit: Waluigi has been my favorite Mario character for a long time, but a lot of people I talk to if not all of them are not huge Waluigi fans. With this, I want to show them how fun of a character Waluigi can be, combining his best traits into one, like a "best of" video compilation. I really hope the PMBR adds him in the future, I would rep him wholeheartedly. Thanks for reading, and if you have any other questions, please let me know.
THIS. This is exactly what we need! That sounds pretty much perfect, if he was to be added.
Exactly what I had in mind.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Finally got supporters? Page 2.

This guy was the first to spring the topic of Ray. Ray's largest support started sometime in October or November when he became the center of discussion. Where have YOU been?
whoa...easy, easy

Oh thats why!.........I never saw him on the first page with the rest of the characters

Yeah when I came and started voting........things were pretty quiet on him and Knuckle Joe compared to everybody else

Last edited:

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Still is against the rules.
You're coming close to an ignore.
Whoa, easy! I understand where you're coming from-- at the same time, THE_MAAFIA is still pretty new, so it might be better idea to try and be cool this time and take things a little bit easier.

No grudges held here. Again, I know you're new, so these misunderstandings can happen. Just for future reference, it's always good to read up on a thread before commenting. I know this is a superlong thread, so it's easy to miss stuff. There can often be useful information in the first post, and the most recent few pages. You never know if someone's already answered the questions you were getting ready to ask.

Just a friendly refresher in case you missed it:
Some clone engine rules:

* Alt Costumes have to be the same character wearing a different outfit. (For example, a Marx skin over Metaknight wouldn't be allowed.)
* Character suggestions have to have appeared in Brawl in some form (as a sticker, trophy, stage hazard, assist trophy, etc)
* The PMBR is NOT back-porting any of the confirmed SSB4 newcomers into Project M. This means no Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, etc.
* As far as I know, projectiles can't be added to characters who don't already have them. To my knowledge, they're referred to as 'articles' This means that cloning Marth to make Ray might not work too well since Marth has no projectiles, and Ray most likely would if the PMBR wanted to do him justice. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, Smashboards vets.)
* You'd be surprised at the amount of interesting ideas posters have come up with for character playstyles and movesets here in this very thread. Even characters who don't seem like much at first glance (Paper Mario, Pichu, Baloon Fighter, and so on.)

Anyhow, happy speculating, dudes and dudettes! :yeahboi:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Since Waluigi is confirmed as not playable in Smash 4, I feel as though I should share a little more about why I want Waluigi in.

On page 8, I posted my list, consisting of Waluigi, Little Mac (may take him off since he is in Smash 4), and Isaac. I already stated a decent explanation as to why I wanted each character. This was Waluigi's:

I have decided to make a mock move list for him because one day I want to make my own Waluigi PSA. I am aware that MarioKing64DS is doing one, and he is doing a fantastic job, but I want to create one that is specifically made for Project M. (Even though I have ZERO modeling, animating and hitbox experience and more... Hopefully that will change) I already did the most important parts of his moveset, the taunts and victory poses. lol. I'm trying to add to the move set, but I wanted to get Waluigi's personality out of the way.

UPDATED WITH VIDEOS

Taunts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJ2SZbST5M

Taunt 1 (My favorite)
Source: Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: Eagle Victory
-Waluigi will spin around and do a Michael Jackson-like pose, tipping his hat and pointing to the side.

Taunt 2 (May change this later)
Source: Mario Power Tennis: Taunt
- A short taunt from Mario Power Tennis

Taunt 3
Source: Super Mario Strikers: The "Chop"
-You know what I am talking about… ;)

Win Poses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiGLzOkxfpg

Pose 1
Source: Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: Birdie Victory
-Waluigi does a fist pump and then a windmill

Pose 2 (My favorite)
Source Mario Party 8: Mini Game Victory/Obtaining star
-Waluigi tips his hat and pulls out a rose.

Pose 3
Source: Mario Party 3: Mini Game Victory
-Waluigi laughs, and then does a fist pump

Waluigi has a lot of potential for Project M, I feel that he can be a creatively wacky character. Sound effects are not an issue because you can find sound files for him from a lot of the GCN and Wii games he has been apart of (I know, I downloaded a LOT to make sure I can find the right sound files for the right circumstance).

One final bit: Waluigi has been my favorite Mario character for a long time, but a lot of people I talk to if not all of them are not huge Waluigi fans. With this, I want to show them how fun of a character Waluigi can be, combining his best traits into one, like a "best of" video compilation. I really hope the PMBR adds him in the future, I would rep him wholeheartedly. Thanks for reading, and if you have any other questions, please let me know.
MarioKing64DS is making a version specifically for Project M.

Last edited:

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
MarioKing64DS is making a version specifically for Project M.
The one he is doing now is for Brawl and then he is making a PM version if i recall correctly. I may be wrong about it, however I am a huge fan of his work and am happy he is doing this. Me personally I have a few gripes with it, and I want to improve it and make it perfect or possibly making my own PSA of Waluigi. Or, if even possible, help him develop the PM version. Gotta do it for the Wa...

If only I had experience with brawl modding, right now this is all a pipe dream. :(

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
The one he is doing now is for Brawl and then he is making a PM version if i recall correctly. I may be wrong about it, however I am a huge fan of his work and am happy he is doing this. Me personally I have a few gripes with it, and I want to improve it and make it perfect or possibly making my own PSA of Waluigi. Or, if even possible, help him develop the PM version. Gotta do it for the Wa...

If only I had experience with brawl modding, right now this is all a pipe dream. :(
HA! Pipe

Yeah I also feel like the Waluigi PSA isn't a true Waluigi and more wacky fighter with a Waluigi skin. Some moves don't even make sense for him to have.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Whoa, easy! I understand where you're coming from-- at the same time, THE_MAAFIA is still pretty new, so it might be better idea to try and be cool this time and take things a little bit easier.

No grudges held here. Again, I know you're new, so these misunderstandings can happen. Just for future reference, it's always good to read up on a thread before commenting. I know this is a superlong thread, so it's easy to miss stuff. There can often be useful information in the first post, and the most recent few pages. You never know if someone's already answered the questions you were getting ready to ask.

Just a friendly refresher in case you missed it:
Some clone engine rules:

* Alt Costumes have to be the same character wearing a different outfit. (For example, a Marx skin over Metaknight wouldn't be allowed.)
* Character suggestions have to have appeared in Brawl in some form (as a sticker, trophy, stage hazard, assist trophy, etc)
* The PMBR is NOT back-porting any of the confirmed SSB4 newcomers into Project M. This means no Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, etc.
* As far as I know, projectiles can't be added to characters who don't already have them. To my knowledge, they're referred to as 'articles' This means that cloning Marth to make Ray might not work too well since Marth has no projectiles, and Ray most likely would if the PMBR wanted to do him justice. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, Smashboards vets.)
* You'd be surprised at the amount of interesting ideas posters have come up with for character playstyles and movesets here in this very thread. Even characters who don't seem like much at first glance (Paper Mario, Pichu, Baloon Fighter, and so on.)

Anyhow, happy speculating, dudes and dudettes! :yeahboi:
Thanks! You where extremely helpful! :)

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I still don't see why Waluigi should be given a spot who really isn't an impactful Mario franchise character with the exception of being in Sports/Kart/Mario Party. I will admit, I love his little taunt on Strikers Charged where he does something a little suggestive which can portray him as a bit of a sleaze. Still, he really isn't all that important as say Ridley, King Hyrule, or even Bowser Jr. The only reason he was come up with in the first place was because Wario needed a Tennis partner. (Now I see why they gave him a racket in Brawl as an assist trophy.)

cmart

Smash Lord
The only limiting factor is your lack of confidence. I had close to zero experience in modding brawl before joining the PMBR, literally taught myself how to use the tools as I worked on Pit. I don't say that to make myself sound good - I mean that anyone can do it if they have enough determination and are willing to put in the hours. There are plenty of resources around, and you can always bug more experienced modders if you don't know how to do something.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
The only limiting factor is your lack of confidence. I had close to zero experience in modding brawl before joining the PMBR, literally taught myself how to use the tools as I worked on Pit. I don't say that to make myself sound good - I mean that anyone can do it if they have enough determination and are willing to put in the hours. There are plenty of resources around, and you can always bug more experienced modders if you don't know how to do something.
-proceeds to bug cmart about modding 101-

In all seriousness, I'll try my best, I just don't know where to start like what programs I need and whatnot. I'll do my research, and perhaps I can do pretty decent at modding and maybe it could help me a little bit with 3D animation since I want to get into professional video editing, and also possibly making my version of Waluigi plus other characters I have always wanted to see? A win-win from the looks of it. Who knows? Maybe I can join the PMBR if my efforts are good enough. lol. Thanks. If I ever get the time I'll get to it.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
You gotta have that passion burning deep within your heart! Now, I shall go to fight some Titans. :p But seriously, that is very true. Only you are your own worst enemy.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Lemme confirm that Waluigi is indeed being made for PM...................You can see in this gameplay down here with 2 vs. 2 (Wario Bros. vs Roy and Mewtwo)...........you can even see him wavedash and stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv19N4B-kYk
I am 100% aware of MarioKing64DS's Brawl mod (his PM one too). I've followed it for a long time. I think it is pretty good, but there are a few little quirks I would fix personally. I want this mod to be great and even get the PMBR's respect to let it in PM, (even if the PMBR themselves have to fix some things with it to make it even better). I just wanna make my own Waluigi PSA that is only for PM, since I personally feel I can make a better move set for the environment PM offers.

Last edited:

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
I am 100% aware of MarioKing64DS's PM mod. I've followed it for a long time. I think it is pretty good, but there are a few little quirks I would fix personally. I want this mod to be great and even get the PMBR's respect to let it in PM, (even if the PMBR themselves have to fix some things with it to make it even better). I just wanna make my own Waluigi PSA that is only for PM, since I personally feel I can make a better move set for the environment PM offers.
There's also stuff I don't necessarily agree with but he's doing a darn good job...........its still WIP though so who knows how better it gets........or how much more motivation/inspiration is gotten from today's events

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
With that Waluigi announcement, today was a lively Thursday, it seems.

I wish I kept track of my movesets since I made one for Waluigi LONG before he was deconfirmed and I'd like to repost it or something.

IIRC it involved him using eggplants as bombs that exploded into purple thorns that acted as a stage hazard, as well as swimming through the air as a recovery special that could also be jump-cancelled. I was pretty proud of it, unfortunately Smashboards isn't capable of tracking users' posts for specific threads. Otherwise, I'd be able to find it again easily.

Edit:

There's also stuff I don't necessarily agree with but he's doing a darn good job...........its still WIP though so who knows how better it gets........or how much more motivation/inspiration is gotten from today's events
Also....what is with.......your overuse of ellipses.....MAN?

Last edited:

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Commas or Semicolons wouldn't be bad things to lean how to use. I mean we've got this whole language we're sharing, it's a shame to not use it to it's full effect. I'm not really trying to be snarky (I guess it's hard to say something like this without inadvertently sounding like it) but speaking from experience learning to be mindful of how I type and generally communicate on the Internet is something I think I can be proud of.

On topic, I think Walugi would be my perfect goofy character choice, even though Smash already has a few silly characters being one of the reasons why he isn't really necessary, especially considering Wario. Even so his particular brand of crazy I really like (partially thanks to stuff like http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2009/09/29/191-triloigi/ ) and if I'm completely honest I'd only not given him a full vote cause it was apparent that he wasn't really popular enough in general to get in.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I feel Dark Samus would be neat. Pretty good chance that it WONT be in Smash 4. Also any Metroid rep added is a plus in my book, it would be an easy clone of Samus, andddddd they could really go to town with the non traditional attacks :)

OrsonZedd

Smash Rookie
I'm curious if Banjo-Kazooie were ever discussed. Given that they'll likely never be in Smash Brothers ever but were monumentally important to Nintendo history, I think that'd make them a good fit.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm curious if Banjo-Kazooie were ever discussed. Given that they'll likely never be in Smash Brothers ever but were monumentally important to Nintendo history, I think that'd make them a good fit.
Rare is not Nintendo. They can't add characters from non-Nintendo franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom