• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Ray MK II is best Ray.
Fixed

And yes. I completely agree with you.

But I honestly like bits and pieces of each Ray model. It would be wonderful to see a Ray model that takes the best of each older model's parts.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Fixed

But I honestly like bits and pieces of each Ray model. It would be wonderful to see a Ray model that takes the best of each older model's parts.
How many Ray models are there? I think I know someone who can make this happen.

S

Sharic X

How many Ray models are there? I think I know someone who can make this happen.
I think there are 4, if I'm not mistaken.

And also, a fusion of all of Ray's models would be badass...just frickin' badass.
All that's needed is some good ol' fusion dancing and...FU - SION - HA!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fortress

Smash Master
Fixed

****, I said Ray II, didn't I? I was on the clock when I replied, and really rushed, so I think I saw you say 'Ray II' and just typed out what I saw. I meant Ray 01. Ray 01 for life. As for the amount of total Ray models?

Ray (N64), Ray 01 (GC), Ray MK II (DS), Ray Sky (DS), Ray II Dark (DS), Ray Legend (GC), X-Ray (GBA/DS), Ray Warrior (GC), and the Ray MK III from the DS title.

My favorites are the Ray 01 and the Ray MK III, personally. But, that's just the Ray Series. I'm a Swift kind of man, myself.

That's called the 'Ray MK III'.

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Ray 01's the only one that got Team colors, I'm fairly sure of, since the GC title was the one with team battling. Ray 01's team colors are ****ing wacky to look at. Gold Ray all the way.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Having only played the GC and DS games, I'd say you're right. As I remember, the DS one had no way to change the color of the Robos, whereas in the GC you could pick one of 5 colors in multiplayer (default, red, blue, yellow, and green). Don't remember what his alternate colors look like because I never really used him.

XXXX1000

Smash Apprentice
if there's gonna be another kong it'll be funky imo

oh dudes funky could be a lightweight dk clone, why did i never think of that

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
My DK character power rankings:

1. Dixie
2. Funky
3. Lanky
4. Cranky
5. Hipster Adult Tiny (makes no sense but oh well)
5. K. Rool

Yeah I really don't care about K. Rool as much as everyone else does, and Chunky and Kiddy don't need spots since Funky's a more interesting DK clone than either of them.

I don't even know why I'm posting this now! Yaaaay boredom. :D

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
We all know how supported he is, though. We need less intellectual, thoughtful discussion on the possibilities of an Earth magic (Synergy) user and more debate on how long Waluigi should yell WAAAAAAAAAA when he lands his Knee of Justice. :p

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll see if any supporters pop up, at least.
Because of today's recent news...........I would like to know if I can drop one of my 1+ Votes (Paper Mario) and give a the 1+ to Waluigi..........While still respecting the "5 character" rule...

The only reason I didn't vote him was out of SSB4 expectancy.........There might be much more others like me that want to switch the Up Vote on special circumstances.

Last edited:
S

Sharic X

I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not.
Well, I also can't detect your level of intelligence. Considering that simply saying no also did not make
sense as an answer, your comments are invalid.

S

Sharic X

Also, Waluigi has been proven to not be in Smash Bros. today, so why don't we give him a chance?
C'mon, I know you'd all wanna whack Luigi with a tennis racked back and forth. :p

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That's called the 'Ray MK III'.
Ray MK III is Ray MK III. He is damn cool that is for sure, but I don't really see him as representation of all Ray models as one. He just looks like the newest model in the Ray family. What I'm saying is that I would like a Ray model that captures the best design qualities of each Ray model. For example, I love Ray 01's detailed armor (especially around the face), but I also love the legs, pod / jetpack, and ...hair? helmet?...of Ray MK II. And of Ray MK III, I love his torso armor and the golden V horn on his helmet.

As a side note, it would be pretty cool to see them make a Ray model specifically for P:M. Kind of like how Tekken made a specific Jack model for SF x Tekken, labeled Jack-X. Ray-M anyone?

Anyways, these are just thoughts. If we are going with specific models, Ray MK III since he is the most recent model and the assist trophy of Brawl. I would make Ray 01 his alternate costume since Ray 01 is a sticker in the game, and is one of the most popular Ray models. Either that or Ray Legend, as Ray Legend is supposed to represent the original Ray model.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Ray MK III is Ray MK III. He is damn cool that is for sure, but I don't really see him as representation of all Ray models as one. He just looks like the newest model in the Ray family. What I'm saying is that I would like a Ray model that captures the best design qualities of each Ray model. For example, I love Ray 01's detailed armor (especially around the face), but I also love the legs, pod / jetpack, and ...hair? helmet?...of Ray MK II. And of Ray MK III, I love his torso armor and the golden V horn on his helmet.

As a side note, it would be pretty cool to see them make a Ray model specifically for P:M. Kind of like how Tekken made a specific Jack model for SF x Tekken, labeled Jack-X. Ray-M anyone?

Anyways, these are just thoughts. If we are going with specific models, Ray MK III since he is the most recent model and the assist trophy of Brawl. I would make Ray 01 his alternate costume since Ray 01 is a sticker in the game, and is one of the most popular Ray models. Either that or Ray Legend, as Ray Legend is supposed to represent the original Ray model.
There's finally Ray supporters here??? damn........I thought I was alone

I think I might have been the first one supporting him here......

I was pushing for Ray Legend to be exact.........that has to be the best representation of Ray

Where were all you people? lol (maybe its the SSB4 expectancy)

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
+1 Waluigi : I think he won't be a bad character, and I'd like to see him in
+1 Isaac : A swords man with ground moves sound nice
+1 Grey Fox : He has some good move sets for him, teleport as up B maybe? ((Like Zelda and shiek)) He can have a reflect moves for projectiles, and can electrocute for a move, pretty quick with his sword too
-1 Pichu : Why? Why do you guys want him?? If you want him so badly just make him an alternate costume for pikachu, like how Mario has Dr. Mario as alternate. I really hope they don't waist a spot for Pichu

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
Since Waluigi is confirmed as not playable in Smash 4, I feel as though I should share a little more about why I want Waluigi in.

On page 8, I posted my list, consisting of Waluigi, Little Mac (may take him off since he is in Smash 4), and Isaac. I already stated a decent explanation as to why I wanted each character. This was Waluigi's:
Waluigi - I have always been a huge fan of him, even if he is probably the most controversial Mario character period, he has a charm to him. He has enough quirkiness that I think warrants his arrival. I think Waluigi could be like the Deadpool of Mario, where he does the most wackiest things just because he can. I mean in Mario Power Tennis for GCN, his defensive power shot is him swimming in air. SWIMMING IN AIR. Even though he may not be that important of a character in the Mario universe, I honestly think that if any Mario character makes it in, it should be him, to give him a shot of wowing everyone with what he could do in the spotlight.
I have decided to make a mock move list for him because one day I want to make my own Waluigi PSA. I am aware that MarioKing64DS is doing one, and he is doing a fantastic job, but I want to create one that is specifically made for Project M. (Even though I have ZERO modeling, animating and hitbox experience and more... Hopefully that will change) I already did the most important parts of his moveset, the taunts and victory poses. lol. I'm trying to add to the move set, but I wanted to get Waluigi's personality out of the way.

UPDATED WITH VIDEOS

Taunts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJ2SZbST5M

Taunt 1 (My favorite)
Source: Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: Eagle Victory
-Waluigi will spin around and do a Michael Jackson-like pose, tipping his hat and pointing to the side.

Taunt 2 (May change this later)
Source: Mario Power Tennis: Taunt
- A short taunt from Mario Power Tennis

Taunt 3
Source: Super Mario Strikers: The "Chop"
-You know what I am talking about… ;)

Win Poses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiGLzOkxfpg

Pose 1
Source: Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: Birdie Victory
-Waluigi does a fist pump and then a windmill

Pose 2 (My favorite)
Source Mario Party 8: Mini Game Victory/Obtaining star
-Waluigi tips his hat and pulls out a rose.

Pose 3
Source: Mario Party 3: Mini Game Victory
-Waluigi laughs, and then does a fist pump

Waluigi has a lot of potential for Project M, I feel that he can be a creatively wacky character. Sound effects are not an issue because you can find sound files for him from a lot of the GCN and Wii games he has been apart of (I know, I downloaded a LOT to make sure I can find the right sound files for the right circumstance).

One final bit: Waluigi has been my favorite Mario character for a long time, but a lot of people I talk to if not all of them are not huge Waluigi fans. With this, I want to show them how fun of a character Waluigi can be, combining his best traits into one, like a "best of" video compilation. I really hope the PMBR adds him in the future, I would rep him wholeheartedly. Thanks for reading, and if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Since Waluigi is confirmed as not playable in Smash 4, I feel as though I should share a little more about why I want Waluigi in.

On page 8, I posted my list, consisting of Waluigi, Little Mac (may take him off since he is in Smash 4), and Isaac. I already stated a decent explanation as to why I wanted each character. This was Waluigi's:

I have decided to make a mock move list for him because one day I want to make my own Waluigi PSA. I am aware that MarioKing64DS is doing one, and he is doing a fantastic job, but I want to create one that is specifically made for Project M. I already did the most important parts of his moveset, the taunts and victory poses. lol. I'm trying to add to the move set, but I wanted to get Waluigi's personality out of the way.

(I hope I can add images or video to these later)

Taunts
Taunt 1
Source: Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: Eagle Victory
-Waluigi will spin around and do a Michael Jackson-like pose, tipping his hat and pointing to the side.

Taunt 2
Source: Mario Power Tennis: Taunt
- A short taunt from Mario Power Tennis

Taunt 3 (My favorite)
Source: Super Mario Strikers: The "Chop"
-You know what I am talking about… ;)

Win Poses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiGLzOkxfpg

Pose 1
Source: Mario Golf Toadstool Tour: Birdie Victory
-Waluigi does a fist pump and then a windmill

Pose 2 (My favorite)
Source Mario Party 8: Mini Game Victory/Obtaining star
-Waluigi tips his hat and pulls out a rose.

Pose 3
Source: Mario Party 3: Mini Game Victory
-Waluigi laughs, and then does a fist pump

Waluigi has a lot of potential for Project M, I feel that he can be a creatively wacky character. Sound effects are not an issue because you can find sound files for him from a lot of the GCN and Wii games he has been apart of (I know, I downloaded a LOT to make sure I can find the right sound files for the right circumstance).

One final bit: Waluigi has been my favorite Mario character for a long time, but a lot of people I talk to if not all of them are not huge Waluigi fans. With this, I want to show them how fun of a character Waluigi can be, combining his best traits into one, like a "best of" video compilation. I really hope the PMBR adds him in the future, I would rep him wholeheartedly. Thanks for reading, and if you have any other questions, please let me know.
I would love to see waluigi also, All your taunts and win poses are great, but I think you forgot the one from mario tennis 64, when his eyes sparkle and he fist pumps, lol when I was little my older brother told me that he was actually a robot :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom