• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Okay it is time for me to clear up a mistake I made. Pods. "Pods are special robo parts which are deployed from the robo's backpack. They hinder enemy movement and can be used for both attacking and defending purposes." I completely forgot about this. Yeah it isn't fired from the gun. Irrelevant yes, but Ray shouldn't use anymore than 4 or 5 articles.

This counting:

- Standard projectile.
- A bomb attack.
- Pod attack.
- Possible additional projectiles. (I will count them up as I make the moveset and make cuts where necessary).

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
asia_catdog_blue's signiture:

One Smash fan on GameFAQs once said, "I dont agree, 3rd party characters have alot of potential to mix things up for the better. There are some 3rd party characters that have just as much history or more on nintendo systems than even some nintendo characters. And most of all do we really want nintendo tapping so far into their back catalog that we end up with leftovers to fill space like waluigi or something?"

QQQQQQQ7777777 said:

Your sig would start major salt in the clone engine thread, you should start posting there.

Saphire Dragon said:

I'm actually pretty sure just the word "Pichu" would start an all out flame war.
sad but true.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
sad but true.
As much as I agree with this, I'm not saddened by the outcome of P:M not having additional 3rd party characters as long as a character I like makes its way into the roster. But because of the discussion at hand, I'm sincerely rooting for Ray after digging up info on things I have long forgotten since initially playing the series. I honestly don't remember the exact reason I got rid of my original copy, but I do believe it was along the lines of having no one to play it with and a new game I wanted was coming out. A fatal mistake on my part. I'll be trying to pick up a copy of both the Gamecube and DS versions of the game sometime.

Project M is making me dig up my freaking nostalgic roots!! A bit longer on this Ray discussion and a little more research and I can start that sketched up moveset. I'm finding some more melee weapons that will benefit him so he doesn't have to be completely projectile crazy. And note, disregard the word "gun" as this does not mean projectile. So far I've found:

- Knuckle Gun (for possible A button physical attacks and is described on Custom Robo as a launcher move)
- Claw Gun (think Link's claw shot)
- Mega Burst Gun (basically a slow blast that grows as it progresses forward)
- Stun Gun (a gun I brought up earlier which I finally found)
- Blade Gun (this would easily translate into another A button physical attack) as suggested by Rasgar

and lastly my favorite~

- Gravity Gun (Ray's anti-air tool for sure and a must have weapon. It creates an still orb that deals multiple hits of damage. Also a good wall for blocking a few projectiles)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I just realized, wouldn't Olimar's five pikmin all be articles? That's already more then the rest of the cast I believe.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
So Tranq Gun is a fake projectile?
Articles are weird so I may have gotten this wrong, but basically if it doesn't need to react with other objects or do much of anything even if its a projectile it doesn't necessarily need to be an article the best example of this is Ivysaur's solar beam, which is actually just a giant extended hitbox. If I'm not mistaken (this is all based on a post I think it remember reading awhile back) the tranq gun works in a similar way since all it does is move in a straight line. I could be way off the mark and I'm sure that even if I'm right I'm missing a ton of the story, but that's what I recall hearing.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Well the thing is, solar beam being a fake projectile, it can't be reflected. So it matters a lot whether they are fak or real projectiles.

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
So if I'm understanding this right, Ray would best be cloned off of Snake for the maximum number of editable articles. I definitely can agree with that. I'd recommend scaling him to about Kirby or Olimar's height for sure though, He'd probably be OP if he were too much smaller.

Just wanted to ask again about whether or not Dedede's Minion throw being theoretically capable of spawning SSE monsters, as the monsters could be redesigned into infantry for an Andy or Sami moveset

Also, I feel one of the only 3rd party guest Chars that would make sense right now would be Simon Belmont, not so much in regards as something to add, as the fact we have a 3rd party guest stage from Castlevania.

In regards to the discussion about making Pichu, I'd be all for it if they could make him unique. What I'd advise to make him Unique would be something like Making his Specials Mashable with a long cooldown for a quick-tapped attack. Mashing in this theoretical Pichu idea would increase Power, Knockback, speed and Recoil, while decreasing cooldown linearly. Effectively, This would mean Pichu would dedicate the same amount of time to any special used, but be able to change when it's fired and how strong it is. Perhaps using a Static circle around Pichu to indicate a certain threshold has been reached.

I'd picture it as something like this.

B Tap: Thunder Jolt: Same as Pikachu's but weaker, no Recoil
B Mashed: Shock Wave: Increases Speed, Knockback and size. Deals 4-5% on Pichu

Side B Tap: Headbutt: Covers same distance as max charge Skull Bash, deals 3% on Pichu.
Side B Mash: Draining Kiss: Extremely fast, Increases Power. Recovers 6-7% on Pichu. (Uses Peach's old Heart graphics?)

Up B Tap: Quick Attack: Can dash 3 times, deals 1% to Pichu per dash.
Up B Mash: Wild Charge: Dashing through enemies deals 3% and stuns them about as long as ZSS's Charged Shot, Damages Pichu 3-4% per dash.

Down B Tap: Thunderbolt: A Little stronger and with more knockback, Pichu is dealt 5% if The Thunderbolt strikes him
Down B Mash: Thunderbolt does extra damage and now stuns in place of knockback, the following spark is replaced with a Giga Bowser sized Shockwave around him that deals the same damage again, with heavy Knockback.

Final Smash: Parabolic Charge: A weaker but more controlable version of Pikachu's Volt Tackle, with a 1:1 health recovery on hit enemies.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So if I'm understanding this right, Ray would best be cloned off of Snake for the maximum number of editable articles. I definitely can agree with that. I'd recommend scaling him to about Kirby or Olimar's height for sure though, He'd probably be OP if he were too much smaller.
I actually spoke of his scaling in a previous post a page or so back. I don't think it would be much of a problem to have him scaled up to anywhere between Marth's and Samus' height, since the opponents Ray faces in his own game are barely above or below his height initially. So it wouldn't feel out of place to scale him in this regard.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... despite my arguments about canon earlier... I'm with Solbliminal on this one. I'd prefer that he be scaled to a similar height of the regularly-proportioned human characters.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah... despite my arguments about canon earlier... I'm with Solbliminal on this one. I'd prefer that he be scaled to a similar height of the regularly-proportioned human characters.
Hey Rasgar. Did you catch up on my last few posts on melee weapons for Ray?

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Ray ought to be about normal person height. That's sorta what makes most sense proportionally with the shorter characters being kinda super deformed and Ray being mostly humanoid.

Also, did anyone post anything / does anyone have any thoughts about what his Final Smash could be?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah, Ray ought to be about normal person height. That's sorta what makes most sense proportionally with the shorter characters being kinda super deformed and Ray being mostly humanoid.

Also, did anyone post anything / does anyone have any thoughts about what his Final Smash could be?
I'm currently drawing out his base pose (as seen in my Avatar), and am planning to do a full drawn out moveset of the character. As for the Final Smash, I'm not completely concerned about. But if I had to think of one, I would say something along the lines of his parts being swapped for the enhanced version of Ray: http://customrobo.wikia.com/wiki/AIRS

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I'm currently drawing out his base pose (as seen in my Avatar), and am planning to do a full drawn out moveset of the character. As for the Final Smash, I'm not completely concerned about. But if I had to think of one, I would say something along the lines of his parts being swapped for the enhanced version of Ray: http://customrobo.wikia.com/wiki/AIRS
I hope you spend some time considering animation work and whether attacks are feasible if you're gonna spend so much time doing this.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Articles are weird so I may have gotten this wrong, but basically if it doesn't need to react with other objects or do much of anything even if its a projectile it doesn't necessarily need to be an article the best example of this is Ivysaur's solar beam, which is actually just a giant extended hitbox. If I'm not mistaken (this is all based on a post I think it remember reading awhile back) the tranq gun works in a similar way since all it does is move in a straight line. I could be way off the mark and I'm sure that even if I'm right I'm missing a ton of the story, but that's what I recall hearing.
Tranq gun is a projectile. When snake is falling, it doesn't move in a straight line or set path relative to him, it goes straight relative to stage while snake falls. Only articles can do that.
The tranq dart also still has the hurtbox from the nikita that makes it curve when hit.

Also popping in to update everyone: Ridley has not yet shrunk to a proper size or gained proper proportions to be included in P:M as anything more than a boss. Fortunately, he is already in as a boss, so we don't need to waste a clone engine slot on him. In addition, Pichu still carries the unfortunate properties of being the worst possible addition to the game, tied with Waluigi. Fact: even Pichu doesn't want Pichu in P:M.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I hope you spend some time considering animation work and whether attacks are feasible if you're gonna spend so much time doing this.
I've already took into account animation time, and it is considerably less than most options on the entire board. For a character that does a bunch of air dashes, shooting, and very little physical / slash attacks, most of his animation work can be literally recycled from any of the humanoid characters within his skeletal structure.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Also popping in to update everyone: Ridley has not yet shrunk to a proper size or gained proper proportions to be included in P:M as anything more than a boss. Fortunately, he is already in as a boss, so we don't need to waste a clone engine slot on him. In addition, Pichu still carries the unfortunate properties of being the worst possible addition to the game, tied with Waluigi. Fact: even Pichu doesn't want Pichu in P:M.
Woah, got enough matches for the flame war you're trying to start there?

Powered up + gold ray was kinda what I was thinking too, maybe he can fly around and rapidly blast stuff for a short while. There aren't any major limitations on what a Final smash can be is there? Looking at what they gave Roy I'd be inclined to think not.
Also looking forward to seeing that finished drawing.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I think this is the format I've seen:

Up Votes

1 - Either Primid, or some kind of powered down master/crazy hand or tabu. Primid is the most practical for this. I just think Smash Brothers should get its franchise representation and the subspace emissary is a wealth of useful animations and attacks already made. Even a melee styled polygon guy (or just as alt costumes for the characters those polygons were clones of) would be cool, but they'll be nothing like these characters in the upcoming game and they present the easiest character to create with both animations and a lot of room for creativity in the style.
2 - Ridley - Cause it's a giant purple dragon, that's why.
3 - Birdo - Has been in an INSANE amount of games, fighting style pretty easy to make as a modified Yoshi with a Luigified projectile, and model exists in the game as a trophy (Probably similar to Diddy Kong's, neutral B, only without blowing his nose. Pun intended) Plus, that's extreme diversity.
4 - Medusa - Cause I think Uprising was good enough to earn Kid Icarus an extra spot. And Brawl needs more villains
5 - Issaac - Cause all the cool kids were doing it.

Half Votes

6 - Andy - I like Advance wars. Plus I'd like to smack people around with an oversized wrench.
7 - Samurai Goroh - He'd be another swordsman, but good assist trophy for some moves.
8 - A moblin. Take one from the back of the bridge of eldin stage. I've fought so many of them, and Zelda's my favorite franchise. Smash needs more minions and low level baddies playable.
9 - Lakitu or Kamek - cause after suggesting a moblin I felt mario's minions were equally underrepresented.

Neutral/Down Votes

10 - Tingle - I just don't find this comic relief character comical. I'd honestly sooner play as Kaepora Gaebora.
11 - Shadow - Cause Tails or Knuckles give more variety than that gun toting hedgehog who'd just wind up being a sonic clone that can't fly or glide.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Hey Rasgar. Did you catch up on my last few posts on melee weapons for Ray?
Yeah. I played Arena (the DS game) a ton, and I dug it out so that I could mess around with the weapons first-hand. Had to figure out where I put it, then I had to borrow a DS from a friend because mine is messed up right now and I had to send it in for repairs.

As I remembered, I unlocked nearly everything in the game, so I've been playing around with the weapons.

Knuckle Gun - In the DS version at least, it doesn't even fire a projectile, rather the fist just increases in size when you press the fire button. Perfect for melee attacks. As you might remember, many weapons have different effects depending on whether they're fired on the ground or in air. Not sure if this is pertinent to the Smash moveset, but on the ground it is indeed a launcher. Used in the air it knocks enemies away.
Claw Gun - I couldn't find this one, maybe it's not in Arena. The closest I found was the Twin Fang Gun, but I don't know that it's the same thing. My brother has the Gamecube game, and I'll see him tomorrow and probably get a chance to play it.
Stun Gun - Another good idea, shoots a short-range burst of lightning. I honestly don't remember what ZSS's side smash is but I can take your word for it.
Mega Burst Gun - Not sure about this one. The description claims that the shots gradually increase in size, but really they just come out huge almost as soon as they exit the gun. And when I say huge, I mean like twice the size of Ray. I'm aware the gun could be totally changed up if implemented in Smash, but I think a better fit would be the Shotgun, which... well, acts pretty much like you would expect a shotgun to.
Gravity Gun - Great idea, wouldn't have thought of this one. In-game, it fires out a fair distance before it stops, but I could see it being modified to hit the area around Ray, a little like Snake's side smash (that's the one with the rocket launcher, right?)

My thoughts on a few other weapons:

Trap Gun - Yeah, back to this. If it wouldn't work out the way it normally acts, what about acting like a long-range claymore? That is, rather than chasing the enemy, they could stop once they reach a certain distance, then hurt an enemy if they walk over the bullets.
Tackle - Totally forgot about this, but all robos have a tackle of sorts, mostly used to knock back enemies if your guns are reloading. This could be a good melee move, Ray MKIII's is basically like a dashing shoulder tackle.
Rising Gun - Another launcher, if he needs it. Fires a short-range blast that follows the path of an uppercut.
Bombs and Pods - For these, I'm not too concerned about which ones get picked, because a lot of the differences aren't too big (mainly since everything is moving to a 2D plane). I'd say the pod should probably just travel along the ground in a straight line. As for the bomb, one of the cool things about them is that you can aim them around before firing them, so I think the best way to handle this would be something like Yoshi's egg toss. It would fly in an arc that could be altered by tilting the stick before he actually shoots it.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Powered up + gold ray was kinda what I was thinking too, maybe he can fly around and rapidly blast stuff for a short while. There aren't any major limitations on what a Final smash can be is there? Looking at what they gave Roy I'd be inclined to think not.
Also looking forward to seeing that finished drawing.
Not sure about Final Smash limitations honestly, but like I said before. It is the last of my concerns as far as the moveset is concerned. I think it wouldn't be much to ask of a powered up Ray mode or something along those lines.

As for the drawing, it is only going to be in a sketch state. What is taking so long is the fact I use a mouse to do all my artwork since I can't afford a Wacom. In fact, all my artwork I've done is with a mouse. I'll be posting the finished product shortly as an example of a height comparison between Ray and another character. I will also use the image to explain a few things for those who are unfamiliar with Custom Robo.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Woah, got enough matches for the flame war you're trying to start there?
Drinkingfood loves being as blunt as possible when stating his opinions. I have to respect that about him seeing how hard people try to tiptoe around sensitive issues these days, especially on the internet.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I think this is the format I've seen:

Up Votes

1 - Either Primid, or some kind of powered down master/crazy hand or tabu. Primid is the most practical for this. I just think Smash Brothers should get its franchise representation and the subspace emissary is a wealth of useful animations and attacks already made. Even a melee styled polygon guy (or just as alt costumes for the characters those polygons were clones of) would be cool, but they'll be nothing like these characters in the upcoming game and they present the easiest character to create with both animations and a lot of room for creativity in the style.
2 - Ridley - Cause it's a giant purple dragon, that's why.
3 - Birdo - Has been in an INSANE amount of games, fighting style pretty easy to make as a modified Yoshi with a Luigified projectile, and model exists in the game as a trophy (Probably similar to Diddy Kong's, neutral B, only without blowing his nose. Pun intended) Plus, that's extreme diversity.
4 - Medusa - Cause I think Uprising was good enough to earn Kid Icarus an extra spot. And Brawl needs more villains
5 - Issaac - Cause all the cool kids were doing it.

Half Votes

6 - Andy - I like Advance wars. Plus I'd like to smack people around with an oversized wrench.
7 - Samurai Goroh - He'd be another swordsman, but good assist trophy for some moves.
8 - A moblin. Take one from the back of the bridge of eldin stage. I've fought so many of them, and Zelda's my favorite franchise. Smash needs more minions and low level baddies playable.
9 - Lakitu or Kamek - cause after suggesting a moblin I felt mario's minions were equally underrepresented.

Neutral/Down Votes

10 - Tingle - I just don't find this comic relief character comical. I'd honestly sooner play as Kaepora Gaebora.
11 - Shadow - Cause Tails or Knuckles give more variety than that gun toting hedgehog who'd just wind up being a sonic clone that can't fly or glide.
...minions? What?

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
I think a better fit, rather than switching to another robo, would be Soulboost. It's a technique in Arena that you can use, once the meter has charged up, to temporarily receive a massive boost to attack and defense - it also turns your robo's body entirely gold. I figure this could either act like a Super Sonic-type final smash, or maybe more like Giga Bowser (having improved stats but basically the same moves).

Here's a video of the transformation sequence (starts around 19:50 in case this doesn't work): http://youtu.be/M3AEImUQHvk?t=19m50s

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I just want Saki and Isaac

I mean Saki is badass, he's a ****ing gunslinger

Imagine a super fast play style consisting of fast combo's extended by gunfire, this is one type of character that we haven't yet seen in smash.

And a ****ing gunslinger!
We could have this raw badass as a character, but you would rather have pichu, primid, and sandbag?

Don't get me started on Waluigi
He's so ****ing stupid even in his own franchise, why the **** would you want him. He's just an excuse to give wario a partner and luigi a rival, he's worthless

And smash bros representation is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. We are PLAYING smash bros, and smash bros is about bringing together the best of the best Nintendo character to duke it out, all the Nintendo characters are what makes up smash, they ARE smash bros, why the **** do we need to take a boring generic pawn off of the ****ty story mode and make h a character?
Why do we need representation of the game we are playing? I just don't understand

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Completed a small stance picture to get accustomed to drawing Ray, as well as to show a decent fighting stance for him. I will be using this image again later on as part of the Ray moveset post I will be putting up later on. Now onto the attacks.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Drinkingfood loves being as blunt as possible when stating his opinions. I have to respect that about him seeing how hard people try to tiptoe around sensitive issues these days, especially on the internet.
Actually this time I might have also been trying to start a ****fest. lol
although I was being honest too

2 - Ridley - Cause it's a giant purple dragon, that's why he's too big.
fix'd

besides that and the "minions" votes, your list isn't that bad i guess tho
I actually remember suggesting Primid a long time ago before this thread was a thing, actually might have been on smashmods, but i do think it would pretty cool to see a character in PM that originated in brawl itself. My only worry is that they'll just be another projectile spammer; after all, a lot of the primids/SSE enemies use projectiles. Not that I dislike the playstyle, I actually like it, but P:M getting a little to heavy on projectile centric characters as it is, and since some people don't like that playstyle and actively find it less fun, so the game would be significantly less fun for them. So I'm also not on board with that proposed Ray moveset being discussed, probably not the character at all considering they would be key to his moveset inspiration period. Sometimes simple, organic characters are nice too, not everyone needs to be all about stage trapping and keep away and whittling the opponents damage.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I mean Saki is badass, he's a ****ing gunslinger

Imagine a super fast play style consisting of fast combo's extended by gunfire, this is one type of character that we haven't yet seen in smash.

And a ****ing gunslinger!
i really like the idea of saki
like a better ZSS that doesn't have the lame stun mechanic and slow as **** whip moves
i just keep thinking he'd fight a bit like deadpool in marvel. which I approve of.
WARNING: FUN INBOUND

EDIT: oh what the **** usually this thread is so active I didn't think to avoid a double post after 30 minutes

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Actually this time I might have also been trying to start a ****fest. lol
although I was being honest too

fix'd

besides that and the "minions" votes, your list isn't that bad i guess tho
And Charizard is a giant red dragon that isn't too big, and Bowser is a giant green turtle dragon that isn't too big. Will we care if we play a shrunken Ridley, or will we just play a shrunken ridley and breathe 16 bit fireballs on our friends? That, I attest, is the question. Realize that there probably are going to be graphical improvements on these fireballs, but

Moblins have fought me with pitchforks, swords, bows, on boars, with barrels, and more. Particularly noteworthy for the moblins seen in brawl is, aside from being seen in brawl they look just like the awesome level in Link's Crossbow Training, something that made me wish more came for the wii zapper. And I've fought a lot more of them than Ganons over the years. They're an iconic minion of a great series and have a pretty cool semi western character design in Brawl. And unlike Ganon, Tingle, or anyone else anyone can name, they've been in every zelda game. When I played Turtles Smash Up I was happy to play the foot soldier, because if it looks cool and kicks my buddies butt, and is an icon of a nintendo game, I don't know what criteria is missing. Plus their sprite is in the game and easy to get.

When I play Mario Kart I often pick Lakitu, dry bones, or Koopa Troopa, minions with good move sets can be a lot of fun to play. And also there's zero chance of those very iconic character designs being used in Smash 4. Only reason I'm not just voting for Little Mac is I'm certain he's got to make it in this time.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah. I played Arena (the DS game) a ton, and I dug it out so that I could mess around with the weapons first-hand. Had to figure out where I put it, then I had to borrow a DS from a friend because mine is messed up right now and I had to send it in for repairs.

As I remembered, I unlocked nearly everything in the game, so I've been playing around with the weapons.

Knuckle Gun - In the DS version at least, it doesn't even fire a projectile, rather the fist just increases in size when you press the fire button. Perfect for melee attacks. As you might remember, many weapons have different effects depending on whether they're fired on the ground or in air. Not sure if this is pertinent to the Smash moveset, but on the ground it is indeed a launcher. Used in the air it knocks enemies away.
Claw Gun - I couldn't find this one, maybe it's not in Arena. The closest I found was the Twin Fang Gun, but I don't know that it's the same thing. My brother has the Gamecube game, and I'll see him tomorrow and probably get a chance to play it.
Stun Gun - Another good idea, shoots a short-range burst of lightning. I honestly don't remember what ZSS's side smash is but I can take your word for it.
Mega Burst Gun - Not sure about this one. The description claims that the shots gradually increase in size, but really they just come out huge almost as soon as they exit the gun. And when I say huge, I mean like twice the size of Ray. I'm aware the gun could be totally changed up if implemented in Smash, but I think a better fit would be the Shotgun, which... well, acts pretty much like you would expect a shotgun to.
Gravity Gun - Great idea, wouldn't have thought of this one. In-game, it fires out a fair distance before it stops, but I could see it being modified to hit the area around Ray, a little like Snake's side smash (that's the one with the rocket launcher, right?)

My thoughts on a few other weapons:

Trap Gun - Yeah, back to this. If it wouldn't work out the way it normally acts, what about acting like a long-range claymore? That is, rather than chasing the enemy, they could stop once they reach a certain distance, then hurt an enemy if they walk over the bullets.
Tackle - Totally forgot about this, but all robos have a tackle of sorts, mostly used to knock back enemies if your guns are reloading. This could be a good melee move, Ray MKIII's is basically like a dashing shoulder tackle.
Rising Gun - Another launcher, if he needs it. Fires a short-range blast that follows the path of an uppercut.
Bombs and Pods - For these, I'm not too concerned about which ones get picked, because a lot of the differences aren't too big (mainly since everything is moving to a 2D plane). I'd say the pod should probably just travel along the ground in a straight line. As for the bomb, one of the cool things about them is that you can aim them around before firing them, so I think the best way to handle this would be something like Yoshi's egg toss. It would fly in an arc that could be altered by tilting the stick before he actually shoots it.
I can agree with you on Mega Burst. I was going by descriptions I've read on the weapons, so if you have a first hand experience with it I can take your word for it.

As for the Tackle and Bombs / Pods, I actually like these idea quite a bit. I'll play around with it a bit and see how it works with my planned moveset.

I think a better fit, rather than switching to another robo, would be Soulboost. It's a technique in Arena that you can use, once the meter has charged up, to temporarily receive a massive boost to attack and defense - it also turns your robo's body entirely gold. I figure this could either act like a Super Sonic-type final smash, or maybe more like Giga Bowser (having improved stats but basically the same moves).

Here's a video of the transformation sequence (starts around 19:50 in case this doesn't work): http://youtu.be/M3AEImUQHvk?t=19m50s
This will do nicely. I can settle for this honestly. Nice find~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom