• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Fixed. But that's worse since he didn't personally work on it and thus couldn't have actually been crazy about its inclusion, he had the power to veto it but decided, "Eh, fine, what's so bad about random interruptions to your approach 1% (2% for Luigi because **** Luigi, he`ll have his time to shine in 2013) of the time?"
fixed

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
My Votes:

+1
Masterhand/Crazy Hand Mech (plz)
Dark Samus
Dixie Kong
Lyn (Though I'd prefer a unrepresented realm of of F:E, she is the strongest available female role that doesn't seem filled with Magic projectile articles.)
Pichu (The potential hilarity got to me, and I hath caved.)

+0.5
Sakupon (I haven't played the game, but his design opens up some interesting moveset ideas)
Hector (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXXEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!)
Ephraim (LAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCEEEE)
Waluigi (My secret dream main, despite the near impossibility that he would be included.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Anything that involves destroying the connection between Ganon and his Smash moveset. That character, his moveset, and his players are bonded, and these invisible ties mean much more than those putrid cadavers you call hearts could possibly put sympathy upon.....

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Anything that involves destroying the connection between Ganon and his Smash moveset. That character, his moveset, and his players are bonded, and these invisible ties mean much more than those putrid cadavers you call hearts could possibly put sympathy upon.....
I can`t even say anything that this didn`t already say ten times better.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Off topic: technically they're all "good" but only Wario Land 4 is great. The controls for Wario are perfect and all the levels are the perfect mix of linearity and exploration. Wario Land 3 is pretty fun, but it's really boring in the beginning because you don't start with many of Wario's abilities like his shoulder bash and ground pound. Wario Land 4 is also tied with Wario Land: Shake It for the best soundtrack in the series.

On Topic: I like the idea of Isaac being good on the ground since Earth is his element. It's like the opposite of what I had in mind for Ridley.
Off Topic: All of the Wario Land games are pretty good but play very differently. The series really never had a consistent formula. 1 is pretty fun to play (get used to the weird floaty controls) and is the only game with a Mario styled power-up system. 2 is more of a puzzle game and introduced Wario's temporary transformations (used in the rest of the series.) 3 is more of a 'collect-a-thon' like Banjo-Kazooie and (along with 2) is the only game where Wario can't die (Except for when you fight the final boss.) 4 is everything the previous games had crammed into one game, except it's not too lengthy compared the the previous games. It's still really good though. I rented Shake It once and didn't really like it. I can't pinpoint why, but at least the soundtrack was alright. Though nothing really beat the first four's soundtracks, at least for me.
Check out Wario World. It's very different from the Wario Land series but is still a very good game.
That's my spiel on Wario Land. :warioc::warioc::warioc:

On Topic: I like that idea. Haven't played Golden Sun but whatever, I get it.
I'm pretty sure I half-voted Isaac already.

EDIT: Christ. I'm a page late. I've been busy lately and now I can't even keep up with this thread. Great.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so a question: If you could choose five Nintendo characters for the Clone Engine who aren't eligible due to not appearing in Brawl, but were introduced before Brawl's release (so no characters like Captain Rainbow or Shulk), who would you choose? My five would be:

• Vaati - Duh, haha; I mean, I didn't suggest him way back for nothing
  • Goku (Monkey, not Super-Saiyan) - A staff-wielding monkey god who was banished to Earth because he tried to take over heaven sounds like it would make a pretty awesome character, don't you think?
  • Captain Syrup - WarioLand needs some representation, and who better than the Captain herself? I admit I don't know much about her, but she's a major character in Wario's games, so I think that is worth quite a lot, actually
  • Tiki - A FE character from the very beginning who is one of the few non-lord characters who has the popularity and support to have a shot for SM4SH, so I think she'd create a reasonable amount of hype if she was included in PM, as well as providing a different playstyle than the three male lords. The only problem would be, as a Manakete, her FS would likely be her transforming into a dragon - which may or may not necessitate the taking up of the fifth slot.
  • Mike Jones - In the same vein of Earthbound/Mother being Japanese-only, I give you a Western-only character, who is kinda-sorta basically the Western version of Ness ... kinda. Haha, to my knowledge the only thing they have in common in the yo-yo, and everything else is unique. Seeing as we've gotten Japanese-only (at the time) franchises in official Smash, why not get a Western-only franchise in PM Smash?

I am not taking into account how feasible and/or time-consuming it would be to create each character, as obviously none of the characters are eligible anyways. Not sure if this counts as off-topic or not.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Okay, so a question: If you could choose five Nintendo characters for the Clone Engine who aren't eligible due to not appearing in Brawl, but were introduced before Brawl's release (so no characters like Captain Rainbow or Shulk), who would you choose? My five would be:

• Goku (Monkey, not Super-Saiyan) - A staff-wielding monkey god who was banished to Earth because he tried to take over heaven sounds like it would make a pretty awesome character, don't you think?
  • Captain Syrup - WarioLand needs some representation, and who better than the Captain herself? I admit I don't know much about her, but she's a major character in Wario's games, so I think that is worth quite a lot, actually
  • Tiki - A FE character from the very beginning who is one of the few non-lord characters who has the popularity and support to have a shot for SM4SH, so I think she'd create a reasonable amount of hype if she was included in PM, as well as providing a different playstyle than the three male lords. The only problem would be, as a Manakete, her FS would likely be her transforming into a dragon - which may or may not necessitate the taking up of the fifth slot.
  • Mike Jones - In the same vein of Earthbound/Mother being Japanese-only, I give you a Western-only character, who is kinda-sorta basically the Western version of Ness ... kinda. Haha, to my knowledge the only thing they have in common in the yo-yo, and everything else is unique. Seeing as we've gotten Japanese-only (at the time) franchises in official Smash, why not get a Western-only franchise in PM Smash?

I am not taking into account how feasible and/or time-consuming it would be to create each character, as obviously none of the characters are eligible anyways. Not sure if this counts as off-topic or not.
This IS a character discussion thread. I mean Vaati and Captain Syrup really did receive the middle finger. It is pretty unjust that those characters weren't included as stickers at the very least. Wario Land having no representation? And Vaati not being a sticker when Minished Cap clearly has stickers in the game....?

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
+1 Vote:
Pichu
Ganon/Black Shadow
Isaac
Ridley
Andy

+1/2 Vote:
Skull Kid
Hector
Bowser Jr
Tom Nook

-1 Vote:
Pokemon Trainer
Sukapon
Downvotes aren't counted if you don't provide a reason for them.

I'd agree with that list except for Goku and Tiki. I don't even know where the Goku you're referring to is from. Either way, I've never really liked the originality of the character from DBZ or otherwise because it's taken straight from Journey to the West, including the name of the character itself.

As for Tiki, I'd prefer Anna because she actually spans all games. She could also add a little bit of money-grubbing charm.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
As for Tiki, I'd prefer Anna because she actually spans all games. She could also add a little bit of money-grubbing charm.

I actually know nothing about Fire Emblem other than a few select characters, but she looks like my kind of character. Is she not eligible?

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I actually know nothing about Fire Emblem other than a few select characters, but she looks like my kind of character. Is she not eligible?
Anna is usually the mascot character that asks if you want to save your game in virtually every Fire Emblem (she also ran a few secret shops). She first actually had a character in Fire Emblem: Awakening where she's a greedy merchant that also fights for your army (her class is Trickster, which is a weak swordfighter class that can also use staves to heal), but she's one of many, many Annas, which is a recurring joke.

Unfortunately, she didn't appear as a sticker in Brawl. I think that'd change for SSB4 because Brawl came into Awakening, and she didn't have much of a character fleshed out until then.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Anna is usually the mascot character that asks if you want to save your game in virtually every Fire Emblem. She first actually had a character in Fire Emblem: Awakening where she's a greedy merchant that also fights for your army (her class is Trickster, which is a weak swordfighter class that can also use staves to heal), but she's one of many, many Annas, which is a recurring joke.

Unfortunately, she didn't appear as a sticker in Brawl. I think that'd change for SSB4 because Brawl came into Awakening, and she didn't have much of a character fleshed out until then.
That was informative. She indeed sounds like a character I would've enjoyed.

Now about this Vaati and Captain Syrup thing. Perhaps a separate thread should be set aside for characters like that and perhaps it would gauge P:M's interest.

Also I would like to point out that P:M did say a character must appear in some form. Shouldn't that mean if a character is "mentioned" in written context of the game, such as a trophy description, that the character would be eligible? I mean the character would be appearing in "written form". Or is that stretching it?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Personally, I think Anna would be the best choice for a forth Fire Emblem character too.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Well, hopefully when the Clone Engine is released (if it's released), someone'll work on her.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Would it be reasonable to suggest having two completely separate versions of Ganondorf? One for the Zelda fans and one for those who appropriated him in smash.

I remember reading that the PMBR doesn't plan to make characters for every slot they have available so having two versions of such a contested character does sound like a pretty feasible idea. I personally do actually want to Black Shadow so I fully support the switch idea but if it really matters that much I think this is a plan that should be considered.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Would it be reasonable to suggest having two completely separate versions of Ganondorf? One for the Zelda fans and one for those who appropriated him in smash.

I remember reading that the PMBR doesn't plan to make characters for every slot they have available so having two versions of such a contested character does sound like a pretty feasible idea. I personally do actually want to Black Shadow so I fully support the switch idea but if it really matters that much I think this is a plan that should be considered.
Not when that option burns a slot. Now if they did something like what they did with Giga Bowser where you hold a button in before the match I would be all for that. It beats having to stance change and waste a character slot.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454

Ginge

Smash Ace
I don't know what her popularity level is when compared to our options. Is she a favorable character?
She's kinda a mascot in the series. I think she's been in every game. However, it's usually a side role and the player might not notice her being there in multiple games. She featured in Fire Emblem Awakening, though, as a playable character. I don't think she's too popular even in the FE fans (nothing personal, I like her myself) and there would be very little, if any, support for her outside of the FE crowd.

Also, the non-FE group constantly brings up that we have enough sword users. You'd probably be better off fighting for Ephraim with his lance. Cause *IF* a fourth Fire Emblem sword using character is picked, I'd say Lyn is more likely than Anna. Doubly so if Anna wasn't a sticker in Brawl.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
100 Character Slots.

... what
That seems ludicrous.
I wonder if the quality of characters it produces is like the Clone Engine.
I'd like to see a screenshot of a complete CSS...
I don't honestly know how I feel about this... it would be nice to have more characters... but certainly not that many. I think the 5 we are currently limited to is a nice cut off number...

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I don't honestly know how I feel about this... it would be nice to have more characters... but certainly not that many. I think the 5 we are currently limited to is a nice cut off number...
I agree.
For a mod like this...even 50 characters is an obscene number.
However, having a balanced cast of a little less than 50 is doable, but 100 is not (without YEARS of work).

This new mod is still great for those Brawl- people, though.
I might look into it later for my casual friends.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I agree.
For a mod like this...even 50 characters is an obscene number.
However, having a balanced cast of a little less than 50 is doable, but 100 is not (without YEARS of work).

This new mod is still great for those Brawl- people, though.
I might look into it later for my casual friends.
Well I guess it is nice for those "Mugen" brawlers, but in the context of P:M... I wouldn't go over 50 characters...counting what we already have. I mean this would be good for getting Pichu out of the way and dedicate the rest to deserving newcomers.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I mean this would be good for getting Pichu out of the way and dedicate the rest to deserving newcomers.
Wow.
Now the worry of Pichu wasting a slot is a total non-issue.
A third of the Anti-Pichu arguments are entirely groundless now.

Now Pichu is ALMOST a necessity, but the fact remains that people don't like him.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Wow.
Now the worry of Pichu wasting a slot is a total non-issue.
A third of the Anti-Pichu arguments are entirely groundless now.

Now Pichu is ALMOST a necessity, but the fact remains that people don't like him.
It shouldn't matter how disliked he is if we aren't as limited with our options. I think the worry mostly spawned from limited slots.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Not when that option burns a slot. Now if they did something like what they did with Giga Bowser where you hold a button in before the match I would be all for that. It beats having to stance change and waste a character slot.
I remember reading that the PMBR doesn't plan to make characters for every slot they have available...
Are you saying this is untrue or did you miss it?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Has anyone of you seen this thread yet?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0

I can't get it to work,but people say it does maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Holy. Freaking. Crap. I gotta try this out... It'll be great for when my super casual friends come over.
100 is definitely overdoing it - I can't even think of that many characters I would want to add, but it eliminates all the restrictions and limitations. Anything that gives creative control to us and a big middle finger to technical limitations is okay by me.

EDIT: I just noticed this was posted by PhantomWings. No wonder it's so freaking incredible! He's the father of Brawl Hacking!

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Are you saying this is untrue or did you miss it?
Neither. We are voting on the 5 available slots. Of course not they may not all be filled, but I'm not wasting a single vote on something like another Ganondorf. Besides, Warchamp mentions on Reddit that they are going to try and fill all 5 slots. This doesn't mean they will, but most certainly they will try to. They wouldn't have blew years of dedication to the clone engine to not add characters.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm a big Zelda fan and I say MOAR versions of Link!

I'm half joking, I know how ridiculous it is but isn't it jarring how creative the items of later Zelda games are, yet Link still still uses the bow, boomerangs, bombs, and hookshot (and Lon Lon Milk in Toon Link's case, along with the Wind Waker)?

Not that it'll ever happen...

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm a big Zelda fan and I say MOAR versions of Link!

I'm half joking, I know how ridiculous it is but isn't it jarring how creative the items of later Zelda games are, yet Link still still uses the bow, boomerangs, bombs, and hookshot (and Lon Lon Milk in Toon Link's case, along with the Wind Waker)?

Not that it'll ever happen...
I can understand having the standard Link have the staple items, but they could've had TL use some of the more unique ones. Maybe SSB4 will correct this a bit. I don't think I've seen the boomerang in a pic of the day yet.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
i dont know why toon link even uses the hookshot, could we atleast reskin that so it is more reminiscent of the toon games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom