• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Honestly, there was this version of Shadow I like. But really, I wouldn't care who's in this as long as they play well.

Thought, I rather have two versions of one character to please both crowds.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Why can't Ganon just switch out his sword by taunting and use it from there? Someone made a Mario mod on the vault for him to switch power ups, so it's possible to have both movesets.

Also, can anyone tell me why my .gif avatar not working?
nvm it was mentioned

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Someone made a Gannon move set like that it is very good and they said they joined the pmbr.It is in the customized content section.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
i guesse with whole sword taunt thing going around we don't really need black shadow (i guess there would be too much backlash for it to happen anyways)

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
i guesse with whole sword taunt thing going around we don't really need black shadow (i guess there would be too much backlash for it to happen anyways)
I think it's a little premature to be saying that now. There is a sizeable opposition to it here, but there's also a much larger number in favor of the switch still. Like I've said before, the fairest way to find out would be to poll current Ganondorf mains on their opinion.

The Ganondorf sword mod is pretty cool though. The latest version is here:

Right now, it doesn't seem to act like a compliment (i.e. having pros and cons to making the switch) to his sword-less mode, but seems pretty strong on its own. In its current state, it seems to be a good model for what a unique Ganondorf could be, especially one that can be made from a Black Shadow makeover. Note how it doesn't even use that much magic, but still has enough to make it true to the character.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I do feel it should be nerfed very slightly as of right now I see no point of going to normal ganon.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I think it's a little premature to be saying that now. There is a sizeable opposition to it here, but there's also a much larger number in favor of the switch still. Like I've said before, the fairest way to find out would be to poll current Ganondorf mains on their opinion.

The Ganondorf sword mod is pretty cool though. The latest version is here:

Right now, it doesn't seem to act like a compliment (i.e. having pros and cons to making the switch) to his sword-less mode, but seems pretty strong on its own. In its current state, it seems to be a good model for what a unique Ganondorf could be, especially one that can be made from a Black Shadow makeover. Note how it doesn't even use that much magic, but still has enough to make it true to the character.
he has spell sword and those fake projectiles could be reskinned and I would say we got a new Ganon.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
but is there any way to get the opinion of Ganon players to get their view point, if the PMBR choses to do this it may be their most controversial change

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
but is there any way to get the opinion of Ganon players to get their view point, if the PMBR choses to do this it may be their most controversial change
1) Poll in the Ganondorf forum. There's probably not much yield from that since the individual character forums don't get as much traffic.

2) The PMBR asks people on their FB/Twitter page. I highly doubt they'd do this. Also it only works for people with FB or Twitter.

Shin F.

Smash Master
2) The PMBR asks people on their FB/Twitter page. I highly doubt they'd do this. Also it only works for people with FB or Twitter.
Not to mention all the people who would want him changed and claim to be Ganondorf mains but really aren't - at least in the Ganondorf forum, most people visiting would probably be more likely to be big Ganondorf players.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I think New Ganon should kept his f-tilt (but with Brawl's animation, since he does that kick in Twilight Princess)
and maybe his flamechoke, and Black Shadow could get a renamed Gerudo Dragon.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
He wouldn't be a joke character because the PMBR would take out the things that made him a joke character.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I think New Ganon should kept his f-tilt (but with Brawl's animation, since he does that kick in Twilight Princess)
and maybe his flamechoke, and Black Shadow could get a renamed Gerudo Dragon.
The whole point of porting Gdorf's set to BShadow is just that- to port his set over. If they changed Flame Choke it would no longer be Gdorf's set and thus you just removed Gdorf from the roster and that'd be an even ****tier move to Dorf mains.

Kiddy_Dong

Smash Rookie
+1 for Pichu. We need a character in PM to fill the underdog/troll niche. My vote is not necessarily for Pichu himself, but rather a character that will embrace the spirit of Pichu's unique place in the game.

Alternatively, I would love to see Giga Pichu as an easter egg for Pikachu in the final update. That would be sweet.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
+1 for Pichu. We need a character in PM to fill the underdog/troll niche. My vote is not necessarily for Pichu himself, but rather a character that will embrace the spirit of Pichu's unique place in the game.

Alternatively, I would love to see Giga Pichu as an easter egg for Pikachu in the final update. That would be sweet.
What about Sopo and Solomar?

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
He'd be more than just a joke character by the time the PMBR is done with him.
That's the problem though. There are two arguments that keep recurring with Pichu:

1) The PMBR can make him good, which is a silly argument as mentioned above because they can make ANYONE good...

and

2) He's a joke character, as mentioned above...

So of the people that want him, there are people that want Pichu to be good, and there are people who want him to be bad... If you make him good, then he can't be a joke character. And if you make him a joke character, then he can't be good...

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
No one in Project M should intentionally be bad, but if getting people to think that he will be bad to get them to place their votes on him despite the fact that he won't be bad, then I'm all for it. :smirk:

I mean uh "Vulpix Vulpix".

What about Sopo and Solomar?
Sopo is Gud, Solomar is worse than Pichu.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
No one in Project M should intentionally be bad, but if getting people to think that he will be bad to get them to place their votes on him despite the fact that he won't be bad, then I'm all for it. :smirk:

I mean uh "Vulpix Vulpix".

Sopo is Gud, Solomar is worse than Pichu.
can Olimar even attack without Pikmin?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
If I remember correctly
Jab
N-Air
Ftilt
Utilt
Dtilt
Dash attack

The rest of his attacks require Pikmin.

This is all off of my limited memory and barely understanding of Olimar.
As a Olimar main, I can confirm this.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Replace pichu with plusle and minum. Acquire new character, acquire reference to pichu. Acquire forbidden seven. Everyone wins
No they don't because there is no reference to Pichu there at all. And it'd use up two slots when Pichu would just use one. Plusle and Minun are some of my favorite Pokémon but Pichu has far more support and street cred than them.

ninja'd x2 holy ****E

Shin F.

Smash Master
I like it, but it'll take two clone slots. I think we've been over this.

So no.
It wouldn't necessarily take two slots. As I've said before, Eternal Yoshi has said that Nana is an article of sorts for Popo, and Dantarion has created 'double' characters before, so it's possible that by cloning Ice Climbers, you can have Plusle & Minun in one slot.
Would it? The normal Ice Climbers only take one slot, so if they were cloned from them, it should work with only one... right?

I think I read a comment by Eternal Yoshi once that said Nana was an article for Popo... though, what do I know about articles?

EDIT: Found it on Kitty Corp. It's the first one on the page.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=53347.810
Kat and Ana would be trouble, but it's possible. I've been looking around Kitty Corp a lot today, and I found some posts by Dantarion from last month in a Clone Engine thread where he says that he can port them with a bit more difficulty. The site's having 503's right now, but he posted pictures of an Ice-Climber-paired version of Link, Marth and Jigglypuff, with the Marth and Jiggz ones being ported over DK if the battle portraits are anything to go by.

Actually, I just remembered a reddit page in my history where he posted the same ones.

Here's the reddit page where he posted. (It was one to announce a live stream of him cloning a character, the pics are in a comment a little bit down.)
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1qpff0/clone_engine_live_9_pmish/
And the Kitty Corp thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64101.45

In case you get 503's when trying to check Kitty Corp or don't want to read through the posts (the thread's kind of heated at some points, not pleasant to read through honestly), here's the relevant comment.
Dantarion said:
It is definitely possible to port ANY character in this game. This includes IC's, this includes transforming chars. Its a bit more difficult, but it is.
I'm sorry but are you, by any chance...a troper?
I might be :awesome:

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
Whats with all this hype about pichu?

See it as wasted potential, so many damn pokemon already.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Ganondorf being one of my favorite characters, I wouldn't want his current moveset to be ported over to any other character. Since people want a "true-er" Dorf, then why not just change a few of his more useless moves, like so many have suggested? I wouldn't mind if nair, up tilt, up smash and, to a lesser extent, Fsmash were replaced with more canon moves. In fact, I support that idea, since it gives me more options without forcing me to completely start from scratch on a new Dorf.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well I had an interesting day away from the forums. My phone apparently got shut off for whatever reason and I also was without internet for a day (hence my mid-discussion disappearance). Ended up playing Sonic Lost World, Skylanders SwapForce, and Muramasa the Demon Blade.

At this point I've pretty much given up on arguing about characters, because I never win the argument. It always ends with someone stating that it is a "Nintendo All-Star" game (which in itself is a stupid claim to make in the context of a mod) or X character is all this and more. I'm tired of having Pichu vs Sonic character turf wars. I just don't understand the mentality of people who are bashing Sonic characters while supporting an 8th Pokemon who was discarded for a reason. It isn't so much the fact of Pichu itself as it is the fact Pichu supporters whine about fairness of not getting their main back. What about Sonic fans? It is obvious that not all Sonic series fans "main" Sonic. Being a Nintendo All-Star game, then including Pichu is like the argument is only used to disregard Sonic characters. It is apparent at this point that Sega is a Nintendo supporter and has more history with them than any of these "All-Stars" ever have had. Nintendo or not, Sonic is more or less going to be a permanent addition to Smash. It is only fair to extend the roster in their behalf. Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman...I don't care who at this point. That being said:

+½ Votes
-Tails
-Knuckles
-Eggman
-Pichu
-Skull Kid
-Jimmy T.
-Waluigi
-Ridley
-Ashley
-Ray MK III
-Kafei
-Slippy
-Krystal
-Dark Samus
-Plusle & Minum
-Tetra

..my collective half-votes.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I played the original Donkey Kong but I don't play DK or Mario. Where the **** is Pauline I deserve that *****
Don't patronize me. There are a handful of Mario characters. I can understand D.K. though. I actually don't remember if I voted Dixie or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom