• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
As I said before. When compared to the options, Pichu is easily outshined. Of course any character brought to the table can be made fun and unique to the same extent if not more than what people are claiming Pichu can.
With probably 4 times or more effort.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
why does everyone think pichu should come back out of 12 million possibilities the only beneficial thing would his elec attacks not giving him percent and I feel like putting him in is taking the easy way out. we could change the name of from super smash to pokemon with all the pokes in this game too. I love pokemon but I feel the last couple slots should be well thought out and creative . tom nook was an amazing idea and lynn. but I still sticking to my guns with waluigi plus the video I watched with him is decent and that was just basic ideas (which was an amazing base)
People
But unlike Pichu, Roy was a "demanded" character. While a moveset change most certainly would be beneficial, Pichu suffers from more than just unpopularity. With 7 Pokemon already making a fraction of the roster, Pichu just begins to frustrate people with taking up a slot from someone far more interesting. It doesn't matter how uniquely made the character is, majority finds the character unworthy of returning when compared to their options.
This is a mod to recreate Melee, Pichu was a melee character, that is why Pichu should be in

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I`m never sharing my opinions with users who are obviously to young to be on these forums again. I`ve revived a argument that should have died 100 pages ago :confused:. Just when people were starting to be more accepting of one another`s opinions too.

To anyone who reads this, I am so very sorry.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
why does everyone think Pichu should come back out of 12 million possibilities?
Have you even looked at the votes?

This is a mod to recreate Melee, Pichu was a melee character, that is why Pichu should be in
Doesn't give him the right to be included automatically.

However, it gives him a significant chance of making it in the game.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I've resisted the urge to instigate for around 110 pages of discussion.
So much crap I've wanted to shoot down.
I'm a little proud of myself.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I've resisted the urge to instigate for around 110 pages of discussion.
So much crap I've wanted to shoot down.
I'm a little proud of myself.
I'm not.

If an idea is bad for legitimate reasons it's up to other people to tell people this.

I don't bother criticizing people's movesets though because no matter how good or bad they are, it's very likely that the PMBR will not use the suggested moveset if the character does happen to make it in.

It's fun to speculate though.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I don't bother criticizing people's movesets though because no matter how good or bad they are, it's very likely that the PMBR will not use the suggested moveset if the character does happen to make it in.

It's fun to speculate though.
Moveset ideas are pretty valuable, actually.
Not for the PMBR, of course, they don't need any help with that.
They are useful though for those inevitable empty slots that a lot of people will be looking to fill.
If someone needs an idea for X character, someone could link them to a moveset posted here or somewhere else.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Moveset ideas are pretty valuable, actually.
Not for the PMBR, of course, they don't need any help with that.
They are useful though for those inevitable empty slots that a lot of people will be looking to fill.
If someone needs an idea for X character, someone could link them to a moveset posted here or somewhere else.
I will criticize those movesets when the clone engine becomes public then.

But for now I'm just assuming that the clone engine will not be released anytime soon.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I will criticize those movesets when the clone engine becomes public then.

But for now I'm just assuming that the clone engine will not be released anytime soon.
Yeah, now that I think about it, that might actually take over a year or two to happen.
Oh well, Ima still post more movesets if I ever have any ideas flowing.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Refer to my "past 7 Pokemon" statement.

Majority doesn't give a damn if he was in Melee. My icon dances.
because he was bad in Melee that is why, but they dont realise that Roy was also bad in melee, the PMBR can make Pichu much better and when the community sees how viable Pichu is their opinions towards him will change, every ones hate towards Pichu is unjustified because of this

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
For someone who means to come off as only a results taker, i'm seeing plenty of bias in the OP. Anything past Star Fox 64 is out of Star Fox's "glory days?" Saying that there hasn't been any real demand for Pichu to be in Brawl until recently? Anti Guy, are you even trying to appear neutral?
I'm a results taker, but that also doesn't mean I can't input my own opinions here. And I don't see what's wrong with those statements either. Star Fox 64 was the pinnacle of the franchise, and it isn't worth it to put in a character that's largely unpopular. When I put those pros and cons up there, they're supposed to be anything but neutral to have both sides.

And for someone who REALLY can't stop talking about Pichu, I don't think you're in the position to criticize the issue of neutrality.

Rage83

Smash Ace
EDIT: Argument rescinded. It's basically impossible to have someone do it without bias, anyway.

Last edited:

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I sense a lot of salt, we can only avoid it if we accept Pichu is the one true character that should be in, the rest is just sugar on top, this could be a big thing, to make Pichu good, we could have a spiky eared Pichu alt and a pikachu colored Pichu alt

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I sense a lot of salt, we can only avoid it if we accept Pichu is the one true character that should be in, the rest is just sugar on top, this could be a big thing, to make Pichu good, we could have a spiky eared Pichu alt and a pikachu colored Pichu alt
I'm sorry, but it's extremely difficult to take you seriously, homie.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am not a fan of this whole Pichu cult thing going on around here. No sir, not one bit... ಠ_ಠ

Ginge

Smash Ace
People talking positively about Pichu? What bizarro dimension did I end up in when I fell through that wormhole?

I kid. Mostly.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Does anyone think the PMBR will release the clone engine codes?

Lets say they use 3 more slots so we now have 2 left,do you think they would let people make clone engine characters and add it to their custom build?This would be great,but I am not sure if they want to hand over codes like these that make their mod really unique.

I feel like after those characters are done they would like to do this.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I doubt it, then really bad PSA's such as 2D marisa and Nintendog would be there own characters and just make the whole game look bad

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
I don't support Pichu because of the possibility that he could be made good.
The PMBR can make anyone good.

The reason I support Pichu is because I think it would be fun to see just one underdog amongst the ranks of top-tier beasts-- in that sense, Pichu is by far the most realistic and doable choice to fill that niche. There are plenty of ways to revamp it's playstyle and still keep it's "underdog" persona intact.

While there are many other characters who are arguably cooler, I think Pichu does a lot more to fill a niche that P:M doesn't really have yet. Part of what makes fighting games so great isn't just being able to master awesome characters-- it's being able to utterly humiliate your friends by beating them with the garbage-tier fighter.

On top of that, I feel kinda bad for the Pichu players who are the only ones who won't be able to use their main in P:M. Especially considering that P:M is essentially Melee 2.0. If my main weren't included in a game like this, I'd be clamoring for them too no matter how disliked or low tier they were.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Pichu is pretty dope but he's just a serf compared to the true king of the Clone Engine
Whenever somebody grabs him he should go "Fox! Get this guy off me!" What's important to remember is that he'd say it even if Fox isn't in the match, or even if Fox is the one grabbing him. The implications~

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I don't see why it would be any trouble in just adjusting his moveset to compensate for the sword. Given the lack of speed and overwhelming power of his attacks, I'm surprised he doesn't have that range from the start. Even then, it looks like Ganondorf throws his body into his punches. It wouldn't be much of a chore to adjust the animations to fit his attacks with a sword.
http://smashboards.com/threads/ganondorf-sword-mode-for-projectm.342640/

There is also YouTube videos in this link showing the moveset.

I posted this before in my "vote" post.
It's a mod for PM allowing to draw his sword using Down taunt.

It's made by someone in the PMBR and it's extremely well done! And pretty balanced making Sword Ganon slower but with more range and a bit less power on some moves, but fundamentally keeping the play style between Falcondorf and "True Ganon" the same just adding a sword and magic based moves. I'm on my cell so I can't post the video directly here, sorry. So guys press that link an watch the latest video maybe even try out the mod it's really good.

I think doing this is a better alternative to adding Black Shadow and making a totally unique Ganon but either way I think Ganon deserves a more unique and personal moveset.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I wish I c
Not to go off topic but HOW.

I'm testing a bunch of my images that move but NOTHING.

I WANT THAT TOO :c
.GIF son.

because he was bad in Melee that is why, but they dont realise that Roy was also bad in melee, the PMBR can make Pichu much better and when the community sees how viable Pichu is their opinions towards him will change, every ones hate towards Pichu is unjustified because of this
Stop making excuses to lament your personal taste. Most people are aware of Roy's tier. People didn't like Pichu for several reasons. Compare it to Roy 100% times over and this is what you are going to get.

-Roy was a likable character / Pichu was not.
-Roy is the main character of his game / Pichu was a pick of the litter.
-Roy had a stroke of bad luck / Pichu was purposely made bad.
-FireEmblem has 3 characters / Pokemon already has 7.

There is no point in me continuing this discussion. I'm stopping here.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
actually Pichu was the star of several pokemon shorts, and is a mascot pokemon, to say Pichu is unlikable is just subject to tastes and opinion, you say you liked shadow or whatever sonic person even though most people see them as unlikable as well, Roy was a rushed character to advertise the fire emblem game, Roy is just an advertisement

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
It's made by someone in the PMBR
Can I have a source on that for credibility?

All I know is that he made it compatible with project M. I know nothing of him being apart of the PMBR.

---------------------------------------

Pichu Pichu Pichu.....

Just saying that name seems to cause a storm that brings out that raging smash brothers fan in people.
It's like being told that you will have "Nick" on your basketball team.
Nick knows the game and tries to do everything right to the best of his ability but always fails because he's just not as good as everyone else and ends up dragging the team down.

Some people see the potential in this kid and end up helping him get better at the game. These people that trained "Nick" tell you that he has improved significantly and can help just as much as anyone else yet no one aside from a few want to believe it and want to keep "Nick" from playing because he was bad in the past.

I cry for "Nick" and anyone like him. They try their best but no one wants to see them succeed because they failed in the past.
However, right when they succeed impressively, everyone changes their opinion REAL quick.

.GIF son.
IT DOES NOTHING.

Last edited:

Shadicles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JKSmashFan
3DS FC
3780-9779-8728
1 Votes
Dark Samus: She'd be like Samus with Phazon moves from the likes of Prime 2 and 3. There exists an excellent PSA from which inspiration can be drawn. Her final smash could rip off Ganondorf's and have her transform into Metroid Prime momentarily, I know there's a Dark Samus over Ganondorf model out there somewhere.

Black Shadow/Ganondorf: I could care less about F-Zero, but I wanna keep Ganon's current moveset somewhere in Project M while keeping him close to the source material.

Pichu: At first, I was gonna say 'No more PKMN reps, especially not Pichu. If we must have another, make it a trainer or Zoroark or Deoxys or Plusle/Minun or even Sylveon. But none of them either.' But looking back...
Goddamn Pichu was boss! Plus those who main Pichu will be left outside in the rain if he doesn't get in somehow.

Claus: Mother 3 is an excellent game and I'm certainly not opposed to a demi-clone from it in Project M.

Toad: He's the fourth and final character that was in all three of the first Mario games, playable in the New series, spin-offs and Super Mario 3D World, and has a background role in almost every other Mario game ever, that isn't yet in Smash. Let's change that, hm?

.5 Votes:
Paper Mario: As much as I love his original games, I can't really be happy if I vote for him before my other choices.

Saki: I don't like Saki as an assist trophy, but I like the way he plays in SSB Crusade.

Tetra: She's meh which is why she's here. Ultimately she'd be a Sheik/Toon Link clone and a meh one at that.

Sukapon: Refer to Paper Mario.

Dixie Kong: I like her but...well refer to Sukapon and P. Mario.

-1 Votes:
Sami: Le omg...How I detest Advance Wars [and FE]. Don't ask me why, I just do. But wouldn't she be a female Snake with some Sheik? That'd be interesting, but I can't see it working well.

Lyn: We don't need another freaking sword user, much less an FE sword user. Metroid needs more reps before FE and does FE really even need 4-5 reps while MARIO for Christ's sake has only 4?

King K. Rool: It's not a matter of thinking of a moveset, it's a matter of obscurity, likeability and programmability. He's cool, but quite likely for Smash 4 and would be a PITA to program.

Andy: See Sami, except he's a Snake with Marth.

Hector: See Lyn, but with an axe which while cool...well you've already listen his cons.

Suggestions:
Tabuu: He was in Brawl and has a fully functioning PSA out there.

Rundas: He existed at the time of Brawl but for some reason, nothing from his source game [Metroid Prime 3] made it into Brawl in any form, likely due to release dates as was the case with Mario Galaxy. Dark Samus was a trophy but with her Prime 2 appearance, for example. He'd be an ice-based Samus/Ike/Snake cross with Hypermode as a Final.

Sylux: If Rundas is ruled out due to the Brawl-only rule being less lenient than I'd hoped, then Sylux is a fair alternative. He'd be cloney but somewhat unique with his Lockjaw and Shock Coil. Final Smash could be the Omega Cannon.

Fawful: Now this is someone who I could tolerate over Toad. He's well known, practically the mascot of the Mario & Luigi series and I /think/ he was a sticker in Brawl.

Vaati: He'd make a good mage-type character IMHO. I know I'd prefer him over Tetra or Tingle.

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Now I`m not going to argue for Pichu`s inclusion as even though I would like him in, I accept that he most likely won`t be in, but you can say that for every pokemon. Squirtle is a starter that you don`t have to pick, Ivysaur is the evolution that isn`t required to a starter that you don`t have to pick, Charizard is the evolution that isn`t required to a evolution that isn`t required to a starter that you don`t have to pick, Pikachu, Jigglez, and Lucario are a pokemon you don`t have to catch, and Mewtwo is a pokemon that you might not even know exist if you thought that the Elite Four was the end of the game and never watched the movies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
actually Pichu was the star of several pokemon shorts, and is a mascot pokemon, to say Pichu is unlikable is just subject to tastes and opinion, you say you liked shadow or whatever sonic person even though most people see them as unlikable as well, Roy was a rushed character to advertise the fire emblem game, Roy is just an advertisement
I thought I told you I was done. People like Roy, people hate Pichu. I've already accepted what this poll thinks of Shadow.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
-Roy was a likable character / Pichu was not.
-Roy had a stroke of bad luck / Pichu was purposely made bad.
-FireEmblem has 3 characters / Pokemon already has 7.

There is no point in me continuing this discussion. I'm stopping here.
- Subjective.
- Pichu was the star of several animated Pokemon shorts, and was also Pokemon Director Junichi Masuda's favorite pokemon until Gen 5 (when Victini was introduced.)
- Brawl was purposely made bad. Should we not enjoy a polished-up version of that?
- This is actually a fair point-- still, Pichu is the ONLY vet still not playable in some form in P:M. It would be a little unfair to single him out.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
- Subjective.
- Pichu was the star of several animated Pokemon shorts, and was also Pokemon Director Junichi Masuda's favorite pokemon until Gen 5 (when Victini was introduced.)
- Brawl was purposely made bad. Should we not enjoy a polished-up version of that?
- This is actually a fair point-- still, Pichu is the ONLY vet still not playable in some form in P:M. It would be a little unfair to single him out.
I didn't like brawl, just like I didn't like Pichu. The fact he was a star in shorts and was a replaceable favorite means nothing. The character was received negatively and the proof is in front of all of you. Yes the character is popular. But in the context of Smash? Pichu is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom