• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Totally. But that would require about as much work as Roy.
How do you figure? Roy has new attacks with new animations, like his ftilt and bair. Pichu doesn't really need any of that.

Shin F.

Smash Master
How do you figure? Roy has new attacks with new animations, like his ftilt and bair. Pichu doesn't really need any of that.
Well, neither did Roy, but he still got them. No doubt PMBR will put as much effort into Pichu as they did Roy. I don't see why they would put so much time into one new character then leave another one mostly untouched.

Besides, I really like that Zap Cannon / Plasma mechanic that was brought up a while back. It's a pretty awesome idea.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I believe he means if Pichu doesn't receive the same treatment as Roy, there is no point in him being added.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
For true risk/reward playstyle, have Pichu have a mechanic similar to aura wherein the more damge he inflicts upon himself, the more powerful certain moves become. And have only certain moves damage himself so he can opt to increase his power strategically. Otherwise, it's just rewarding a character from screwing up, like vBrawl Lucario. We all know how that transition went.

Edit: To clarify, Pichu's "aura meter" wouldn't increase via damage opponents inflict.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Sounds fun. How should we do this? Just talk about it in the thread, or do we just do it all in PMs and post it all at once or what?
Let's begin by discussing here. Others' input is very valuable as they will no doubt think of ideas we won't.

Firstly, when imagining Skull Kid + Majora, do any existing characters come to mind? Which do you think would translate best through cloning?

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
For true risk/reward playstyle, have Pichu have a mechanic similar to aura wherein the more damge he inflicts upon himself, the more powerful certain moves become. And have only certain moves damage himself so he can opt to increase his power strategically. Otherwise, it's just rewarding a character from screwing up, like vBrawl Lucario. We all know how that transition went.

Edit: To clarify, Pichu's "aura meter" wouldn't increase via damage opponents inflict.
instead of having neutral B the way it was in Melee, they could turn it into charge, where damage is inflicted upon himself faster than using regular attacks

MLGF

Smash Lord
Roy was easier because his model is far easier to make based off of Marth.
Pichu however would take a lot more effort, not Mewtwo level but anyone who thinks he'd be a cakewalk is really desperate.

Please note, I'm neutral on the subject. I just think Pichu fans really exaggerate his pros.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
EDIT: Argument rescinded. It's basically impossible to have someone do it without bias, anyway.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I found that Pichu idea. It wasn't Zap Cannon, it was Discharge :p I still like it a lot.
I thought of another Pichu idea-- who remembers the Plasma ability from Kirby's Super Star?

What if Pichu had a move like that? It could start off as a very weak attack with short range, but could charge the more you ran around (dashdancing FTW) It would work well for a hit-n-run esque character. When fully charged, Pichu would become electrified, which would damage enemies that touched it (like in Super Star) as well as Pichu itself. Using the move then would unleash an incredibly powerful electric ball of death :troll:
To elaborate on the Plasma Pichu idea

Pichu's Thunder Jolt (B), Agility (up B) and Thunder (down B) would be his most revamped moves.

Thunder jolt would have less range, but would be able to paralyze opponents like ZSS's Paralyzer. Pichu will take damage from using this move, but it can give you time to escape if you're in a bind. Agility would feature three zips instead of two (each zip would be slightly shorter than one of Pika's). The move still does no damage.

Thunder would instead become Discharge. Normally, Discharge would be a VERY weak move. The more Pichu runs around (again, dashdancing FTW), the more electricity it will build up. When fully charged, Pichu will become electrified-- anything it touches will take damage, and Pichu will take damage itself until it uses Discharge. Discharge would look similar to Pika's Thunder except for one thing-- it travels horizontally! Instead of coming from the clouds, Pichu will discharge a gigantic thunderbolt from it's own body that would shoot straight ahead, decimating all that it touches! The question is: can Pichu live long enough to use it?

Also, I had a really silly idea. If Pichu got a final smash, what if it was Destiny Bond? A 20-second timer would appear above Pichu's head, and if it is KO'd before that timer runs out, whoever landed the killing blow will be instantly defeated! Imagine the salt this would cause in Team Matches! :kappa:

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that Pichu can't use destiny bond. Would still be hilarious though.
Let's begin by discussing here. Others' input is very valuable as they will no doubt think of ideas we won't.

Firstly, when imagining Skull Kid + Majora, do any existing characters come to mind? Which do you think would translate best through cloning?
It's hard to say which single character I would use. I sort of see him as a mix of the psychic characters (Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo). In the games, he rarely - if ever - uses physical attacks, so I imagine that he would be physically weak with more powerful magic. In Majora's Mask, he's always floating, so I imagine he'd be like Mewtwo in that his walking/running animations would have him hovering above the ground rather than actually touching it. He may or may not be hovering in his idle pose. I do think he could benefit from being a bit less floaty in the air than Mewtwo. Perhaps a bit faster and heavier, maybe somewhere between Ness and Lucas in speed and weight.

Thinking of his moves from the games, in OoT and TP, he mostly uses items and in MM, he uses magic. He has his blow darts from OoT, though I'm not sure if he can use them since he would be wearing the mask, unless he pushes it up out of his face before he uses it.

In TP, he has his instrument that summons those puppets, though I doubt that would be very feasible. He also has that torch / lantern of his. Perhaps he could use that in a couple of attacks and it could deal some fire damage. Maybe his Smash attacks could have his torch spit fire out of it? I could imagine his Down Smash being him slamming the torch into the ground and it spewing fire from both sides. He also has a teleport ability in TP, so that would be a good recovery.

Alternately, he could borrow Pit's original vBrawl recovery since he flies so much in MM. The Mask glows and gives him free flight for a limited time. He also has that scream of his. I could imagine that being a chargeable, radial attack (Like DK's Final Smash) that stuns anything in its range, with the range and volume of the scream growing the longer it's charged. Would that require an article? I'm not sure.

It's also possible that he could borrow abilities from the battle with Majora itself from the last battle. Perhaps his grab can be a tether using the tentacles from the Majora's Wrath portion. They could grow out of the Mask and grab things.

For his entrance, I would have him borrow his animation from Link or Pit, where he comes down in a beam of light. I would change it so that he's limp and hanging from the Mask, though, then comes to life as he touches the ground.

What do you think? Does any of this sound about right, or did I just completely miss the mark?

EDIT: Say, are models used in entrance animations (like Mario's Warp Pipe) articles?

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
I think Pichu could be handled in a few different ways as a character. If it keeps its self-damaging mechanic, then it could be balanced out, or taken to extremes. :troll:
If it doesn't, then Pichu could simply be treated as a faster, but weaker Pikachu with some moveset changes. (As for moveset changes, think of PM Roy and Marth.Meaning, the moves give Pichu SOME help with its weaknesses.)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I found that Pichu idea. It wasn't Zap Cannon, it was Discharge :p I still like it a lot.
It's hard to say which single character I would use. I sort of see him as a mix of the psychic characters (Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo). In the games, he rarely - if ever - uses physical attacks, so I imagine that he would be physically weak with more powerful magic. In Majora's Mask, he's always floating, so I imagine he'd be like Mewtwo in that his walking/running animations would have him hovering above the ground rather than actually touching it. He may or may not be hovering in his idle pose. I do think he could benefit from being a bit less floaty in the air than Mewtwo. Perhaps a bit faster and heavier, maybe somewhere between Ness and Lucas in speed and weight.

Thinking of his moves from the games, in OoT and TP, he mostly uses items and in MM, he uses magic. He has his blow darts from OoT, though I'm not sure if he can use them since he would be wearing the mask, unless he pushes it up out of his face before he uses it.

In TP, he has his instrument that summons those puppets, though I doubt that would be very feasible. He also has that torch / lantern of his. Perhaps he could use that in a couple of attacks and it could deal some fire damage. Maybe his Smash attacks could have his torch spit fire out of it? I could imagine his Down Smash being him slamming the torch into the ground and it spewing fire from both sides. He also has a teleport ability in TP, so that would be a good recovery.

Alternately, he could borrow Pit's original vBrawl recovery since he flies so much in MM. The Mask glows and gives him free flight for a limited time. He also has that scream of his. I could imagine that being a chargeable, radial attack (Like DK's Final Smash) that stuns anything in its range, with the range and volume of the scream growing the longer it's charged. Would that require an article? I'm not sure.

It's also possible that he could borrow abilities from the battle with Majora itself from the last battle. Perhaps his grab can be a tether using the tentacles from the Majora's Wrath portion. They could grow out of the Mask and grab things.

For his entrance, I would have him borrow his animation from Link or Pit, where he comes down in a beam of light. I would change it so that he's limp and hanging from the Mask, though, then comes to life as he touches the ground.

What do you think? Does any of this sound about right, or did I just completely miss the mark?

EDIT: Say, are models used in entrance animations (like Mario's Warp Pipe) articles?
Great ideas!

Imagine a Down Smash where he toots his flute and a puppet appears and attacks from above. The longer the smash is held, the further the distance of the puppet's spawn. This would promote ranged fighting on Skull Kid's behalf.

He could use the same flute to fire Sheik-like projectile needles with his neutral B.

I foresee Skull Kid running around frantically, fast and medium-heavy with traction like Diddy, but having the option to levitate (a la Mewtwo) by either holding a jump or Up Special.

I'd imagine his stature to be like Diddy Kong actually. Slouched, about the same height (maybe slightly taller). Diddy has a number of articles that could be transformed. Pop gun, peanut, banana, and jetpack. The jetpack dynamism could lend itself well to the puppetry. Come to think of it, the banana positioning brings to mind my old idea to control Majora and leave Skull Kid motionless on stage. I wonder...

I'm also imagining a taunt reflecting Link's Navi taunt wherein Skull Kid releases Tatl and Tael.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Great ideas!

Imagine a Down Smash where he toots his flute and a puppet appears and attacks from above. The longer the smash is held, the further the distance of the puppet's spawn. This would promote ranged fighting on Skull Kid's behalf.

He could use the same flute to fire Sheik-like projectile needles with his neutral B.

I foresee Skull Kid running around frantically, fast and medium-heavy with traction like Diddy, but having the option to levitate (a la Mewtwo) by either holding a jump or Up Special.

I'd imagine his stature to be like Diddy Kong actually. Slouched, about the same height (maybe slightly taller). Diddy has a number of articles that could be transformed. Pop gun, peanut, banana, and jetpack. The jetpack dynamism could lend itself well to the puppetry. Come to think of it, the banana positioning brings to mind my old idea to control Majora and leave Skull Kid motionless on stage. I wonder...

I'm also imagining a taunt reflecting Link's Navi taunt wherein Skull Kid releases Tatl and Tael.
Oh, wow, that's a much more realistic way of using the puppets than what I had in mind. I had the idea that they'd be his Down B and would follow him around like Nana, but with limited stamina instead of needing to be KOd.

I hadn't even thought about Diddy, but that's a really good base. He's about the weight and speed I had in mind. Hmm, maybe he could float for his walking animation and run on the ground for his dash animation. I could see him running while bent forward with his arms behind him like Fox does. He could have Mewtwo's hover and teleport mechanics to represent his floating and teleporting abilities.

I don't think the banana would work properly. I don't think it's an article, it just spawns the normal banana item. If it was an article, though.... hmm, maybe someone who knows more could clarify.

These were the taunts I thought up when brainstorming last night:

Taunt 1 - Tatl and Tael fly around him a moment, then hide in his hat.
Taunt 2 - He takes out the Ocarina, blows it a sec, then laughs and puts it away.
Taunt 3 - He floats in midair with his arms crossed while laughing. (Like the scene where he transforms Link into Deku Link)

So we're on the same wavelength with Tatl and Tael, at least :p

Ninja Edit:
I think a Dhalsim/Ghost Rider playstyle would work for Skull Kid.
With the tentacles and all.
Hmm, I think that's too much emphasis on the tentacles. They're a stretch (no pun intended) as it is, really, since he doesn't really have them in this form, so I wouldn't want them to be very prominent.

Edit: Now, Waluigi on the other other hand...

Last edited:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Inspired by that Ghost Rider video, I agree with your tentacle sentiment: Skull Kid could totally use the Majora tentacles as a tether/grab. I think his running animation should be based on his TP appearance, how he pants while fleeing through the Sacred Grove. Skull Kid in TP is most likely the same entity as the one from MM and OoT (the one you give the Skull Mask to). They exist in the same Timeline, he was relinquished by Majora's Mask towards the end of the game, the tree stump drawing suggests he returned to Hyrule, and his face resembles the moon, like he was permanently changed by his use of Majora's Mask (like what The One Ring does to Bilbo). As such, this Skull Kid's moveset must be based on his OoT, MM, and TP appearances due to being the same character and not a reincarnation thereof.

In TP, Skull Kid does this gentle spin—disappearing act. Maybe this could be his Down Special. He spins into vanishing and warps to a controlled distance away. Because it can serve as a second recovery option, it requires a short activation period covering his spinning animation. This leaves him vulnerable for a moment before disappearing. While he is spinning, you crank the analog stick in the direction and for the duration (covering a set distance) that you want to warp him. It would have about twice as far a warp range as Mewtwo, but with the disadvantage of not being immediate. As such, if Skull Kid is falling from the stage, this option could kill him. Or to further limit it, the warp length is halved when performed in the air. OR, like a Nana-less Popo, he spins upwards a notch, but barely enough to recover. It could function instead like a directional air-dodge with ledge-grabbing properties.

My Majora/Skull Kid split moveset idea from earlier this month was inspired by this moment in the game:

Seen here, Majora finally reveals its sentient nature after casting Skull Kid off, leaving him limp and unconscious. This portrays the puppeteer potential of the moveset, where Majora's Mask can separate itself from its host and move freely around the environment. Skull Kid being its anchor though, is left vulnerable and capable of defeat, just as a character can be knocked unconscious and continuously attacked while lying on the ground until knocked off stage. If done so, Majora's Mask would vanish like Nana does in Popo's defeat and the two would respawn rejoined.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Inspired by that Ghost Rider video, I agree with your tentacle sentiment: Skull Kid could totally use the Majora tentacles as a tether/grab. I think his running animation should be based on his TP appearance, how he pants while fleeing through the Sacred Grove. Skull Kid in TP is most likely the same entity as the one from MM. They exist in the same Timeline, he was relinquished by Majora's Mask towards the end of the game, the tree stump drawing suggests he returned to Hyrule, and his face resembles the moon, like he was permanently changed by his use of Majora's Mask (kind of like what The One Ring does to Bilbo). As such, this Skull Kid's moveset must be based on his OoT, MM, and TP appearances.

In TP, Skull Kid does this gentle spin—disappearing act. Maybe this could be his Down Special. He spins into vanishing and warps to a controlled distance away. Because it can serve as a second recovery option, it requires a short activation period covering his spinning animation. This leaves him vulnerable for a moment before disappearing. While he is spinning, you crank the analog stick in the direction and for the duration (covering a set distance) that you want to warp him. It would have about twice as far a warp range as Mewtwo, but with the disadvantage of not being immediate. As such, if Skull Kid is falling from the stage, this option could kill him. Or to further limit it, the warp length is halved when performed in the air.
I agree with all of this. This almost fully matches up with my view of the character. The spin-disappear is actually the teleport I was talking about, so if he gets Mewtwo's Hover, then it could serve as his Up Special. I like the way you've described it. It sets it apart from other teleports. I would go with the shortened air distance, but only if he doesn't fall while using it.

So, this is what I have in my list so far. I may have added a couple of other things that I haven't mentioned yet.
Skull Kid
Movement
Entrance - Cloned from Link's or Pit's, he floats down looking like a lifeless doll, coming to life when he hits the ground. The beam of light could be dark?
Idle - He stands while looking around and occasionally shaking his head / mask back and forth.
Walk - He hovers Mewtwo style.
Run - Skull Kid dashes on the ground, in the style of TP Skull Kid.
Jumps - Faster, less floaty version of Mewtwo's jumps. He could also gain Mewtwo's ability to Hover.

Standard Attacks
Jab - Borrowed from Lucas, with Darkness instead of PSI.
F tilt - Hits with his lantern from Twilight Princess, dealing a small bit of fire damage,
Up Tilt -
Down Tilt -

N Air -
F Air -
B Air -
D Air -
U Air -

Smash Attacks
F Smash -
U Smash -
D Smash -
1. Skull Kid slams his TP lantern on the ground, with fire spewing out of it from all sides.
OR
2. Skull Kid toots his flute and summons a Puppet to attack.

Special Attacks
Neutral B - Blow Dart - Skull Kid uses his blow darts from Ocarina of Time. Shoots a dart forward when on the ground, and at a downward angle when in the air, like Sheik's needles. They could potentially work like Snake's Tranq Gun to put enemies to sleep.

Side B -

Down B - Skull Kid does his signature scream, which sends out a radial wave similar to Tabuu's Off Waves or DK's Final Smash. It's chargeable on the ground, with the distance and volume growing the larger it charges. In the air, it simply is used without any charging. It deals very little damage and knock back, but has a moderately long stunning effect like Deku Nuts or broken shields against anything it hits. If it hits someone in the air, it'll cause them to fall. It's good for escaping combos and intercepting recoveries.

Up B -
1. Cloned from Pit's original Up B, Skull Kid gains the ability to fly freely for a short time.
OR
2. Teleport - Animation taken from TP.
He spins into vanishing and warps to a controlled distance away. Because it can serve as a second recovery option, it requires a short activation period covering his spinning animation. This leaves him vulnerable for a moment before disappearing. While he is spinning, you crank the analog stick in the direction and for the duration (covering a set distance) that you want to warp him. It would have about twice as far a warp range as Mewtwo, but with the disadvantage of not being immediate. As such, if Skull Kid is falling from the stage, this option could kill him. Or to further limit it, the warp length is halved when performed in the air.
Final Smash - The Moon comes crashing down. Modified PK Starstorm?

Grab
Grab - Mask tentacles tether/grab
Pummel - Squeezes with the tentacles
U Throw -
D Throw -
F Throw -
B Throw -

Taunt 1 - Tatl and Tael fly around him a moment, then hide in his hat.
Taunt 2 - He takes out the Ocarina, blows it a sec, then laughs and puts it away.
Taunt 3 - He floats in midair with his arms crossed while laughing.

Did I miss anything?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Awesome. I'm spent discussing this right now, we'll pick up later. Good job accumulating our ideas so far. Anyone is free to contribute to this effort!

El Fonz0

Smash Apprentice
Okay, here's my votes. Question: Can I give a full vote and a half vote to the same character? And similarly, can I change a half vote to a full vote later?
Up-Votes:
Tails-This might be the little guy's only chance to be in a Smash game, and I like to think he'd be a more aerial-based Sonic Luigi-clone.
Pichu-Originally, I thought that Pichu shouldn't be a character, but then I saw all of the ideas for him, and I really like the idea of incorporating Pichu's self-damage aspect into increased damage.
Ridley-Now, I know that resizing Ridley would be no problem, but we all know that he can't be too small, cause then the intimidating space dragon won't be intimidating. I'd like to see him hunched over on the ground like those fancy images of with the red-line Ridley on SSB4's Battlefield. I can easily see him using Charizard as a base.
Half-Votes:
Blaziken-I don't think I've seen anything about Blaziken. He could very easily be a clone of Captain Falcon
Skull Kid
Dark Samus
Samurai Goroh
Waluigi
Indifferents:
Fire Emblem Guys
Pokemon Trainer
Black Shadow

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure whose going to be added next. Did the Project M guys want to add any Smash 4 characters? Like Mega Man or Villager? I'd be extremely hyped for Mega Man most of all.That would be cool to see. Especially if they get new moves unique to Project M.

Seems like some people are talking about Skull Kid, he'd be cool to see as well. Having throw the moon is a sick idea.

I wished I could help with this kind of stuff, maybe one day.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Not sure whose going to be added next. Did the Project M guys want to add any Smash 4 characters? Like Mega Man or Villager? That would be cool to see. Especially if they get new moves unique to Project M.

The PM team said that they don't want to cause a stir with Nintendo by adding Smash 4 newcomers.

No Megaman :(

On the topic of Skull Kid, I've always imagined him to be a lightning fast physical fighter, rather than a magic user, for some reason.

Hero brought up Capoeira and I was like :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

I don't know which playstyle would be better, to be honest.

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Not sure whose going to be added next. Did the Project M guys want to add any Smash 4 characters? Like Mega Man or Villager? I'd be extremely hyped for Mega Man most of all.That would be cool to see. Especially if they get new moves unique to Project M.

Seems like some people are talking about Skull Kid, he'd be cool to see as well. Having throw the moon is a sick idea.

They said that they want to avoid C&D issues so they won`t be adding any characters that didn`t make an appearance in brawl in some way (Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer)

Rage83

Smash Ace
I personally like that Project M isn't gonna have Smash 4 newcomers. It's safer for the PMBR, and it wouldn't feel right to have characters back-ported.

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
I wasnt sure how to place a vote and didnt feel like repeating all my reasoning from the last thread sorry about that guys

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They said that they want to avoid C&D issues so they won`t be adding any characters that didn`t make an appearance in brawl in some way (Megaman, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer)
The PM team said that they don't want to cause a stir with Nintendo by adding Smash 4 newcomers.
No Megaman :(
That's a shame. Maybe we'll have to wait until Smash 4 was released for while. Mega Man would be the coolest addition to Project M.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
That's a shame. Maybe we'll have to wait until Smash 4 was released for while. Mega Man would be the coolest addition to Project M.
I don't think they'll want to wait that long, TBH.
I think they really want PM to stand out by adding their own, original characters, and I like that idea :).

T-Cash

Smash Apprentice
why does everyone think pichu should come back out of 12 million possibilities the only beneficial thing would his elec attacks not giving him percent and I feel like putting him in is taking the easy way out. we could change the name of from super smash to pokemon with all the pokes in this game too. I love pokemon but I feel the last couple slots should be well thought out and creative . tom nook was an amazing idea and lynn. but I still sticking to my guns with waluigi plus the video I watched with him is decent and that was just basic ideas (which was an amazing base)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
why does everyone think pichu should come back out of 12 million possibilities the only beneficial thing would his elec attacks not giving him percent and I feel like putting him in is taking the easy way out. we could change the name of from super smash to pokemon with all the pokes in this game too. I love pokemon but I feel the last couple slots should be well thought out and creative . tom nook was an amazing idea and lynn. but I still sticking to my guns with waluigi plus the video I watched with him is decent and that was just basic ideas (which was an amazing base)
Excuse me? I write about how I want Pichu and I mention that Pichu is an unpopular choice in a private conversation and you suddenly think that`s what everyone wants? I don`t represent the entire Project M fanbase nor does anyone else.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Excuse me? I write about how I want Pichu and I mention that Pichu is an unpopular choice in a private conversation and you suddenly think that`s what everyone wants? I don`t represent the entire Project M fanbase nor does anyone else.
This guy has a point. Also, Pichu can be well thought out and creative, if the PMBR gives her the Roy treatment. Roy really can't be called a clone of Marth anymore, at least in my opinion. That level of generally accepted positive difference is just what is required to convince naysayers like T-Cash to accept her.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
We won't have "back-ported" characters from SSB4, but the PMBR said that if they put some character that later is revealed later for SSB4, they won't get rid of that character.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
This guy has a point. Also, Pichu can be well thought out and creative, if the PMBR gives her the Roy treatment. Roy really can't be called a clone of Marth anymore, at least in my opinion. That level of generally accepted positive difference is just what is required to convince naysayers like T-Cash to accept her.
But unlike Pichu, Roy was a "demanded" character. While a moveset change most certainly would be beneficial, Pichu suffers from more than just unpopularity. With 7 Pokemon already making a fraction of the roster, Pichu just begins to frustrate people with taking up a slot from someone far more interesting. It doesn't matter how uniquely made the character is, majority finds the character unworthy of returning when compared to their options.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
If they give Ganon's moveset to Black Shadow, what side-b Black Shadow should have: Flame Choke or Gerudo Dragon (renamed of course)?
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
But unlike Pichu, Roy was a "demanded" character. While a moveset change most certainly would be beneficial, Pichu suffers from more than just unpopularity. With 7 Pokemon already making a fraction of the roster, Pichu just begins to frustrate people with taking up a slot from someone far more interesting. It doesn't matter how uniquely made the character is, majority finds the character unworthy of returning when compared to their options.
Pichu is an unwanted character and I`ll accept that but please explain to me how Roy was demanded? Nobody knew the Clone Engine existed until Roy (and two weeks later, Mewtwo) was revealed so how could a character be demanded when we didn`t even know that adding him in was possible and the PMBR kept telling us no? Also, they have said time and time again that they don`t intend on using all 5 slots so I hardly see how he is stealing a slot when that slot might not have been used at all otherwise.

I`m not going to fight for Pichu`s inclusion because then I`ll be written off as the stereotype this vocal minority has made for itself but I will continue to debate the stupid reasons people don`t want him (stupid being the key word as there are legitimate complaints).

Shin F.

Smash Master
I personally like that Project M isn't gonna have Smash 4 newcomers. It's safer for the PMBR, and it wouldn't feel right to have characters back-ported.
It was definitely the right decision. If Project M had Villager and Mega Man in it, the chances that I'd buy SSB4 would plummet rather quickly.
This is all true, of course, just as it is for all characters with tons of down-votes. That doesn't mean Pichu can't be made into a good, fun, well-loved character if PMBR did him right. I'm not a big Pichu supporter AT ALL, and certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if he wasn't included (though I would feel bad for his fans) but I would love to see him with that moveset Orange Soda Guy made!
Pichu is an unwanted character and I`ll accept that but please explain to me how Roy was demanded? Nobody knew the Clone Engine existed until Roy (and two weeks later, Mewtwo) was revealed so how could a character be demanded when we didn`t even know that adding him in was possible and the PMBR kept telling us no? Also, they have said time and time again that they don`t intend on using all 5 slots so I hardly see how he is stealing a slot when that slot might not have been used at all otherwise.
I think he meant more that Roy was a very wanted character in general, not specifically for P:M. Which is true, seeing as I replaced ROB with him in my own custom build from before P:M 3.0 :p

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

I`m not going to fight for Pichu`s inclusion because then I`ll be written off as the stereotype this vocal minority has made for itself but I will continue to debate the stupid reasons people don`t want him (stupid being the key word as there are legitimate complaints).
I never said the character was demanded for P:M. But Roy was indeed demanded for Brawl.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
There is a bit too much Pichu discussion going on.

More importantly, i'm not getting updated on the status of this thread by smashboards.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
This is all true, of course, just as it is for all characters with tons of down-votes. That doesn't mean Pichu can't be made into a good, fun, well-loved character if PMBR did him right. I'm not a big Pichu supporter AT ALL, and certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if he wasn't included (though I would feel bad for his fans) but I would love to see him with that moveset Orange Soda Guy made!
As I said before. When compared to the options, Pichu is easily outshined. Of course any character brought to the table can be made fun and unique to the same extent if not more than what people are claiming Pichu can.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

More importantly, i'm not getting updated on the status of this thread by smashboards.
Sorry, I didn`t mean to start this at all. All I said was that I wanted Pichu in a private conversation and the guy I was talking too decided that my thoughts and opinions represented the entire PM fanbase.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454

I agree.

Maybe you just forgot to click on one of your alerts, so it stopped updating you.
That's what happens to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom