• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Because Fire Emblem Warriors would have made more sense than Hyrule Warriors.
I disagree. Fire Emblem is already about big battles and all that good stuff. Fire Emblem Warriors would be largely the same except a different genre. Hyrule Warriors gives them a chance to open up the world of Zelda, delve into the history, and expand upon the lore.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Why must Telda be slapped on? Tetra doesn't even like that form.
Excuse the hell out of you.
She wouldn't be slapped on, she would be her own damn character and you need to respect. Is Zelda slapped on Sheik? Is Sheik slapped on Zelda? Get out of here with that lame-ass excuse. Telda's cool as ****. Sit the hell down. Haven't seen this kinda disrespect ever, not even with Pichu.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I disagree. Fire Emblem is already about big battles and all that good stuff. Fire Emblem Warriors would be largely the same except a different genre. Hyrule Warriors gives them a chance to open up the world of Zelda, delve into the history, and expand upon the lore.
But since it`s a Nintendo game it`s most likely going just going to be Link 999.0 hitting things alot and looking pretty.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
But since it`s a Nintendo game it`s most likely going just going to be Link 999.0 hitting things alot and looking pretty.

Probably, but one can hope. If we're really lucky the only reason the trailer was so Link-centric was because it needed to for the sake of being a trailer.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Probably, but one can hope. If we're really lucky the only reason the trailer was so Link-centric was because it needed to for the sake of being a trailer.
That could explain the very distinct Hyrule guards that look different from the rest and that blurry Zelda image in the far background.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That could explain the very distinct Hyrule guards that look different from the rest and that blurry Zelda image in the far background.

Nintendo is notorious for putting out extremely mediocre 1st trailers. I'm still cautiously optimistic. Of course, if it was up to me Link would only be a secret unlockable character near endgame and most of the game would focus on other characters/tribes/stories.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Screw the Gerudo (not really, they should be in) I want to see the Garo and Inkana armies playable.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I just want to be able to use my Mii..... [/sarcasm]

I'm heading to bed. Try to keep on topic if you're going to post in here a lot more, guys

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I have only seen like 2 people since coming here that WANT SPECIFICALLY toon Zelda. Everyone else wants her because tetra would also be in.

I'm one of the tetra people.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I have only seen like 2 people since coming here that WANT SPECIFICALLY toon Zelda. Everyone else wants her because tetra would also be in.

I'm one of the tetra people.
That's cool, but she wouldn't just be slapped on, she's her own thing and would be fun as hell, as all the PM characters are. Like seriously, that's straight up disrespecting a character. You can say all you want about why you don't want her, but saying she'd just be slapped on is rude and lame. I assume you agree with Marthmario by the way you replied to him but if not ignore this it's not for you. People will seriously consider Kafei of all people but swat away the idea of Toon Zelda as dumb automatically. Nothing against Kafei, but he's only been in one game whereas Telda has 4 games up on him with a larger role and 3 games up on her pirate alter ego, and 1 up on Ganondorf. I have said before that I like Tetra but come on. The lack of respect for such an important character, and more relevant half of a duo, is shocking. You can have your reasons but saying she's unnecessary is almost as lame as the 3rd party argument.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That's cool, but she wouldn't just be slapped on, she's her own thing and would be fun as hell, as all the PM characters are. Like seriously, that's straight up disrespecting a character. You can say all you want about why you don't want her, but saying she'd just be slapped on is rude and lame. I assume you agree with Marthmario by the way you replied to him but if not ignore this it's not for you. People will seriously consider Kafei of all people but swat away the idea of Toon Zelda as dumb automatically. Nothing against Kafei, but he's only been in one game whereas Telda has 4 games up on him with a larger role and 3 games up on her pirate alter ego, and 1 up on Ganondorf. I have said before that I like Tetra but come on. The lack of respect for such an important character, and more relevant half of a duo, is shocking. You can have your reasons but saying she's unnecessary is almost as lame as the 3rd party argument.
A transforming character takes two slots.

We have limited slots.

We probably shouldn't pick transforming characters.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
A Tetra / Toon Zelda would take up TWO of the available five leftover slots. That's just madness! Plus, Tetra wouldn't really be a clone of Sheik, and would require a lot of extra animation. Plus I'm sure there's a ton of crazy programming required for a transform moves. Tons of extra work for minimum reward.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I had an idea that noone elaborated on earlier in the thread where they'd only use one if they use the same base. Noone with more knowledge than I has said anything to shoot me down(I'm open to it just so I'll know). I'll go fetch it.

I think Toon Zelda could be a cool Zelda clone who might even use some of the unused items from Wind Waker/abilities Zelda has but doesn't use in her current moveset. There's arguments for both sides.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I had an idea that noone elaborated on earlier in the thread where they'd only use one if they use the same base. Noone with more knowledge than I has said anything to shoot me down(I'm open to it just so I'll know). I'll go fetch it.

I think Toon Zelda could be a cool Zelda clone who might even use some of the unused items from Wind Waker/abilities Zelda has but doesn't use in her current moveset. There's arguments for both sides.
A transformation command tells the game to look for a separate file, meaning any transformation would take two slots. Period.

Now a stance change could work, I suppose, but Tetra would be better off using the unused WW items, in my opinion.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
I want this Toon Zelda:

But really, you could just take any interesting moves Toon Zelda would have and give them to Tetra to bolster her moveset then give Tetra a Zelda costume.

edit: God damn, what's the spoiler code here?

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
A transformation command tells the game to look for a separate file, meaning any transformation would take two slots. Period.

Now a stance change could work, I suppose, but Tetra would be better off using the unused WW items, in my opinion.
I really don't care who uses WW items, I just want Toon Zelda, like those people who want X character but don't care about the moveset outside of a general direction? Yeah it's like that. Toon Zelda is just more deserving of a Smash Bros spot than Tetra. I like Tetra and want her in, too, but Telda comes first any day.

EDIT: autocorrect gets weirder erryday

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I want this Toon Zelda:

But really, you could just take any interesting moves Toon Zelda would have and give them to Tetra to bolster her moveset then give Tetra a Zelda costume.
How about the other way around? Remember that Telda has more games and importance overall than Tetra. Most of Tetra's importance comes from being Zelda. EDIT: sorry for double post

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities
"With the ASM coding in place, we then put together a model and rig that model up to a skeleton for animation, which is easily the most time consuming part of creating a new character. We've estimated that creating all new animations for a character that live up to our quality standards would take at least 700 hours. This is why clones or partial clones are so appealing – by limiting the number of new animations created it cuts down the amount of time required substantially"

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I found a way for Telda and Tetra to only take one slot. Don't the Links have articles that would work for both of them? Zelda's B is pretty much a hitbox all over her body, boomerang could be used for a Din's fire, since Mewtwo can get a teleport out of nowhere can't Telda? I've also always liked the idea of Zelda with a bow so yeh. Link has bombs and Tetra uses bombs, hookshot could become grappling hook, somebody said Tetra could use Tink's aerials. IDK its just a random thought. There's probably some other thing in the way as well I'm overlooking. Just looking for a solution for those against having either of them for fear of using up 2 slots.
Regardless, if we get Young Link, Ganon, and Skull Kid up in this *****, we'll perfectly fill up the rest of the clone slots with Zelda.
Here is the exact post. Anyone with more knowledge than I see any holes that can't be possibly filled?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I really don't care who uses WW items, I just want Toon Zelda, like those people who want X character but don't care about the moveset outside of a general direction? Yeah it's like that. Toon Zelda is just more deserving of a Smash Bros spot than Tetra. I like Tetra and want her in, too, but Telda comes first any day.
And I disagree wholeheartedly, but there are our opinions.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
You do see how that would take up twice the memory space, still? Two separate models and movesets, even if only one is used at a time, will have to be loaded simultaneously, using a ton of RAM. That's even if it doesn't exceed the filesize limit, which it definitely will.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
You do see how that would take up twice the memory space, still? Two separate models and movesets, even if only one is used at a time, will have to be loaded simultaneously, using a ton of RAM. That's even if it doesn't exceed the filesize limit, which it definitely will.
Pretty much that. If it was as simple as hiding a 2nd character in another's file they'd have done it a looong time ago.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Really Toon Zelda wouldn't be able to escape being a honestly pretty boring Zelda clone - Sheik meanwhile Tetra is a completely unique character with the potential for a bunch of cool piratey moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom